Aurora-Silver

More Kill Slots, please.

Now that the Freezing Slots have increased, it would be nice to have the Kill Slots increased as well.

It's not because of the Zombie Thing, just that you know.

But having 10 Slots instead of 5 would be quite fair?

Kill slots could also scale (+2) with each trophy level.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Killing and freezing are not equivalent actions. Freezing is keeping a hatchling at a certain stage of growth. It still lives and can do whatever hatchlings at that stage can do, it just doesn't grow. The freezing limit was raised to be closer to the number of dragons we can raise in a weekly time frame. The kill limit has nothing to do with the number of dragons we can raise. There was a time when if your total kills reached/exceeded 10 your scroll could be burned. That limit no longer applies, and I don't see a necessity for another change.

Granted, I do enjoy my kill sprees, but having more kill slots wont change anything. You can EQ and Bite as often as you like after you run out of "kills". You still have to wait for all of them to roll off before your kills open back up i believe.

What would having more actual "kill" slots do to help the game?

I personally don't see why you'd want to kill your dragons. Takes up a slot on your scroll and you would have just wasted a dragon on your scroll. If anything I'd suggest the kill option to be removed my self. But thats just me.

I personally don't see why you'd want to kill your dragons. Takes up a slot on your scroll and you would have just wasted a dragon on your scroll. If anything I'd suggest the kill option to be removed my self. But thats just me.

Then we'd have no way of getting zombies, come Halloween.

I do believe that would be the only real reason to have more kill slots- make some more zombies, and either use up all those slots, or reserve a few for emergency instances (accidentally inbred an egg, very strict lineage requirements, etc. There are actually many reasons you'd want to have a failsafe kill, rather than risk EQ or Bite.)

Granted, I do enjoy my kill sprees, but having more kill slots wont change anything. You can EQ and Bite as often as you like after you run out of "kills". You still have to wait for all of them to roll off before your kills open back up i believe.

What would having more actual "kill" slots do to help the game?

People who do ND EXPs and EQ/Bite sprees. Not saying I support the idea of more kill slots.

I hate the Kill action, and think that 5 is plenty. (Of course, I don't want it gone, either.)

Edit for clarity.

Edited by AlternateMew

People who do ND EXPs and EQ/Bite sprees. Not saying I support the idea of more kill slots.

I hate the Kill action, and think that 5 is plenty. (Of course, I don't want it gone, either.)

Edit for clarity.

ND experiments only use kill slots if you have to force the egg to hatch. If you use EQ to do this, EQ is not stopped by having 5 kills, if you use "Kill" to force the egg to hatch, the kill comes back. Vampire bites are not stopped by having 5 kills either. If you use more than 5 kills by biting or EQing, it just takes longer for the slots to open back up.

I might be in favor of having Zombie kills be restored, though. Maybe even if the restore was after 1 year of getting the Zombie. But new kill slots? No, I'm not in favor of that.

I would be in favor of a couple more kill slots, but not going from 5 to 10. Maybe just adding two more, bring it to 7. I do use them sometimes, and I only made an effort to get one zombie because I was worried about them running out.

I think it could be raised to 7. its between 5 and 10. 5 seams to little and 10 is to much. 7 would be a bit better but I do agree I could use a few more. I do use it, like if I want a perfect lineage and a dragon didnt come out right I can just kill it cuz if I dont want that odd one out child. thats me tho.

I really think 5 is plenty. The only thing I can see myself doing with more is making more zombies and that's about it. I really don't see any justification in increasing them either.

Does *Want moar Zombies* need some type of fancy justification? tongue.gif

I have 2 kill slots because I have 3 zombies. For those of us that like to have one of each gender/stage frozen, it would be nice to have a few extra. Especially since you can't recover them once you have a zombie.

How about this for a compromise:

Vampire bites and EQ kills do not count towards your kill limit.

Zombies count as kills for no more than two weeks, then the kill slot gets restored.

That should give you plenty of opportunity to use the kill action without actually upping the limit. Thoughts?

I think the ammount of kill slots that we have now is more to enough, as said before, It does not do much for the game.

I am an Nd person myself and if Kills would be incremented as you said I would gain nothing from it.

With 5 I have for a lot of time.

I agree that the number of kill slots we have is fine as it is.

Sure, there are those people who have their kill slots taken up by zombies and would really like a few extra kills now and then for whatever reason...

But then there are people who would make more zombies with their added kill slots and then come back here and beg for more, and then the whole thing starts all over again.

And then there are people who use all of their kills for killing eggs, hatchlings, and adults because they don't fit in to a lineage, or they aren't rare, or they're the wrong breed, or they gendered wrong, or they're inbred, which are things I personally don't agree with (and, from what I gather, aren't looked upon kindly by many other people who play DC). And then everyone would get used to killing more...and then come back and beg for more kill slots.

Other than for making zombies, I personally see no use to the kill action, and don't think the numbers should be tampered with.

Has anyone actually considered that the removal of a kill slot is PUNISHMENT for killing a dragon and then reviving it into a rotting, undead monster?

Does *Want moar Zombies* need some type of fancy justification?  tongue.gif

I have 2 kill slots because I have 3 zombies. For those of us that like to have one of each gender/stage frozen, it would be nice to have a few extra. Especially since you can't recover them once you have a zombie.

Actually, if you take 3 kills for the 3 adults(Female, Male and Ungendered) then you can let the 3 other hatchlings(Female, Male and Ungendered) die by lack of views and turn them into Zombies!

This may give you all the types of Zombies and still allow you to have 2 more kill slots.

Hopefully, this idea can help out those Zombie hungry and who want to also keep their kills. I personally think that 5 is enough and that more would just make us look greedy. (Weather we are greedy or not)

Edited by Palior

Now that the Freezing Slots have increased, it would be nice to have the Kill Slots increased as well.

It's not because of the Zombie Thing, just that you know.

But having 10 Slots instead of 5 would be quite fair?

Wait, there's a limit for freezing?

Actually, if you take 3 kills for the 3 adults(Female, Male and Ungendered) then you can let the 3 other hatchlings(Female, Male and Ungendered) die by lack of views and turn them into Zombies!

This may give you all the types of Zombies and still allow you to have 2 more kill slots.

Hopefully, this idea can help out those Zombie hungry and who want to also keep their kills. I personally think that 5 is enough and that more would just make us look greedy. (Weather we are greedy or not)

I'm not sure I understand what your idea is. It looks like you are restating things as they already are. Personally, I have one adult, one gendered hatchy and one ungendered hatchy. When I got them, we were still under the Don't ask Don't Tell or get burnt clause, as well as scrolls getting burnt for too many kills. There was no neglected thread and no one really knew, or could discuss publicly, how to get them. So other that people enforcing their negative opinion of the kill function on me, I don't see any reason why it can't at least be equal to freezing.

Yes, there are freeze limits. And there are some that would do away with freezing entirely for the same reasons as people don't like kill. There are also people that would do away with inbreds. Does one group choosing not to participate in one area of a game mean others should be discouraged from trying it? I am willing to bet that if zombies were made tradeable, they'd be right up there with metallics fast. Kinda like neglecteds. Imo, if it's a *punishment* it's outdated and makes little sense given how popular neglected experiments are.

I'm not sure I understand what your idea is. It looks like you are restating things as they already are. Personally, I have one adult, one gendered hatchy and one ungendered hatchy. When I got them, we were still under the Don't ask Don't Tell or get burnt clause, as well as scrolls getting burnt for too many kills. There was no neglected thread and no one really knew, or could discuss publicly, how to get them. So other that people enforcing their negative opinion of the kill function on me, I don't see any reason why it can't at least be equal to freezing.

Yes, there are freeze limits. And there are some that would do away with freezing entirely for the same reasons as people don't like kill. There are also people that would do away with inbreds. Does one group choosing not to participate in one area of a game mean others should be discouraged from trying it? I am willing to bet that if zombies were made tradeable, they'd be right up there with metallics fast. Kinda like neglecteds. Imo, if it's a *punishment* it's outdated and makes little sense given how popular neglected experiments are.

All this, pretty much.

DMDx3, you might want to go to Help for more questions, but in regards to the freezing limit if you hit it you simply can't freeze any more things for a while.

The Kill option does nothing for the game. Killing for Zombies isn't even a sure thing.

Only reason it exists is because some people kill inbreds.

Has anyone actually considered that the removal of a kill slot is PUNISHMENT for killing a dragon and then reviving it into a rotting, undead monster?

I'd consider it more a tradeoff than a punishment.

Only reason it exists is because some people kill inbreds.

I find this unlikely, considering the Kill action was available before the Breed action.

There's a sneaky BSA suggestion for Vines, called Strangle, that would effectively increase your ability to murder things without actually affecting zombies. I'm in favor of that one!

However, if that can't be had, more Kill slots would most certainly be welcome.

I don't kill dragons - or I try not to. If I do I try and have them become Zombies or ND's. xd.png

I personally think 5 kill slots is enough. If we were to get more, I'd say 1 or 2 more max. But personally, as someone who uses kills for zombification ( xd.png it's a word nao!) and for lineage pruning, I find the 5 kill slots quite sufficient.