Stunningfire

Neopets

I'll admit I once played on Neopets.

Then I lost my Hubrids Book of Death (only 220 of them have EVER existed in this game, and I'd gotten one from Better than You, when they were first created)

Then they sold the company.

Then they sold out to assorted other companies and became a massive advertising machine.

Then they broke every single promise they ever made.

Then I quit. Adam can take his asparagus and shove it.

Edited by Lythiaren

What promises? o.O *hugs*

I used to be addicted. Now, not so much, but I still go on every other day and stuff. Ish.

I go on Neopets, but it's only for the Altador Cup anymore. Go Darigan Citadel. :n

Yeah! *high-fives Ztarz* Lol. I just noticed Darigan Citadel is also known as 'DC'. So I'm like, "GO DC AND DC!"

i used to play and was actually a pretty well-made person. If neopoints were monies, I'd be a neopet Donald Trump.

But then everything switched around and everything got slower and more based on ads than anything and it was all just a big ball of **** rolling down hill.

...I will say I heart Darigan, though. :D My avvy was Darigan when people had to choose sides and I was saving up for the plushie (since I was collecting at the time.)

Meh. Thought about going back now and again since I did like brick break, but other than that... :\ Meh.

I like Neopets, but the Altador cup is the only good thing in the games.

And I cheer for Maraqua...

...Even though the male team leader looks like a girl on the field. xd.png

I'll admit I once played on Neopets.

they sold the company.

Then they sold out to assorted other companies and became a massive advertising machine.

Then they broke every single promise they ever made.

Then I quit.

seconded

oh and Lythiaren adam and donna dont work there anymore

as soon as they sold it they left (so did ollie)

last time I checked the following happend

adam and donna got married! donna made ollie change out of his famous orange shirt (or so he says) now hes the olive shirt guy,

they set up a new company called meteor games

(and said on the meteor games forums they regret selling neo to viacom)

adam has a new favorite veggi Leeks

(so no more asparagus jokes)

they currently have 2 facebook games up and running

(an island farming game and a fish tank one)

they also have a MMO a vamp game and possably a new pet site in the works

What promises? o.O *hugs*

I used to be addicted. Now, not so much, but I still go on every other day and stuff. Ish.

Among other things, Neopets' original promises included:

Will never become a pay site

Will never have popup ads

Will always care about the users

Yyyeah, none of that going on now.

Well I recently started up a new account with neopets after deciding that I needed a Summer distraction. I agree that the site has gone downhill, all the game ratios for winning points are changed *every month* so that gaining points is harder. They have also introduced a 'cash mall' where you pay real money to get non-tradeable, special items. =[

But I still play because the games can be fun and hey, who doesn't dream of owning marvellous, fantastical pets. =D

What REALLY bugs me though, is how the wonderfully drawn neopets shopkeepers (etc.) have hands when the pet version doesn't.

Right, my neopets post has gone on long enough and I've really exposed myself as someone who has no life. =[[[[[[[

I have no life, either. xd.png

Now I just go on so my guild doesn't think I had a heart attack and died. And for the Altador Cup. And to try to get more avatars when I get really, really bored.

Wow I looked in this thread and realized how lucky I was to jump ship when I did.

Ahh, the good old days. I was so addicted to that site...then everything got suckish and I still stuck with it...then it got even worse and I left. Money-grabbing flash-video children's site. I joined when it still had the "90's look," to quote what they said when they changed it. It was awesome that way.

It really bugged me how much time I spent saving up to mutate my Shoyru then they changed the picture to UGLY.

I didn't even know about...all this carp. It's sad more than anything else.

The Altador Cup was pretty awesome, though...I played Darigan too.

Edited by Imaginist

Used to love it until the layout changed and they starting playing commercials, fracking commercials, about the site.

I though broke a lot of rules, and I'm proud to admit it. I miss the neopets not having clothes, I miss the company that owned it originally. So I quit awhile back.

My first account I made when I was five I lost the password for last year. An orange koi (It was once a split lenny and a red xweetok), a christmas poephin, a christmas zafara, and a werelupe on that account, along with 1 mill points. Then everything went downhill and I quit.

Maybe entertaining to lonely children and plain out morons, but it's like Twilight to me.

I only joined this year or so, so I never really got to know the 'old' Neopets...wish I did, though.

I used to play, back in, like, 2000.. So I was eight or so. O.O Can't really remember much about it, except that when I got on a few years later (when I remembered about it, ha ha) it had all changed and I was completely confused. It wasn't worth the trouble.

Plus, my poor little pets always hated me because I, erm. Forgot to feed them. Let's just say it's a good thing I don't have to feed my dragons... >.<

~Feathers

I just stuff them in the Neolodge and totally forget about them.

*needs to go on again*

I keep forgetting to go on to get avatars. That's like the only reason I play Neopets anymore.

Used to love it until the layout changed and they starting playing commercials, fracking commercials, about the site.

I though broke a lot of rules, and I'm proud to admit it. I miss the neopets not having clothes, I miss the company that owned it originally. So I quit awhile back.

My first account I made when I was five I lost the password for last year. An orange koi (It was once a split lenny and a red xweetok), a christmas poephin, a christmas zafara, and a werelupe on that account, along with 1 mill points. Then everything went downhill and I quit.

Maybe entertaining to lonely children and plain out morons, but it's like Twilight to me.

Lol, I forget how young you are sometimes Qwackie. When I joined we didn't have none of them Xweetoks.

Anyway, I joined... uh, seven years ago. I'd let you guys see my account but it's full of an embarrassing time of imaturity that I like to keep locked away.

I never updated the pictures if it would let me. I still have an old-style Darigan Draik. He looks much better that way. I haven't played in maybed... four years though.

Xweetoks are my favorite Neopets. wink.gif

DARIGAN DRAIK!!! <3<3<3 and old-style, too!!!

Addictive, yes. I made my first account years ago. Before Neopets was sold. Not that long before, though. I found out about it through the wonderful thing known as television, when they had Neopets toys at McDonalds. Then I created the account.

A couple years later, that one died in an ice cube, and now I have a new one. Honestly, when Neopets was sold it ruined a lot of things. I actually used to watch the NeoCam, but it hasn't been used for years... mad.gif And customization? It's great, but do not get me started on not being able to un-convert pets. And Darigan Draiks? Don't get me started on converted Darigan Draiks either! I think it is time for anger: censorkip.gif

And today, I have still never owned a million neopoints at once. That's what being an avatar collector does to ya. -endrant-

Edited by aquamarine__

Exactly how I feel...

I will never get how those people with 400+ avatars have like 50 million neopoints. -.-

I broke quite a few rules during my time there too...and my pets stayed hungry most the time too. And when they did eat it was omelet.

It converted my pets and I didn't have the option to keep them. I was so freaking mad. Like I said, mutant. They made it just look like an off-purple normal, and the new "normal" was a suckish look anyway. (I could never afford Darigan or Draik, much less both) I hate customization and everything about it.

Mine was an embarrassing time of immaturity, too. I was like, ten. More or less. I don't really remember when I joined.

Ah, memories.

I wonder why I still like it. I mean, I totally agree with what all of you have said. *addicted*