cyradis4

ANSWERED:Groups: mass-add dragons

Ran out of room for the title I wanted, so....

Right now, we can add all the dragons in a certain lineage to the group when we make it. But if we want to add a second dragon's lineage to that group, we have to do it manually.

So my suggestion is to let us add dragons to existing groups the same way as with new groups: Add all dragons of the breed, or all in the lineage.

Also, let us click-select multiple dragons to add at once.

Cheers!

C4.

Support ~ right now as it is the group system is pretty useless invention if you can add only one whole breed in it.

I'm pretty sure you can add dragons of the same lineage or breed right now (unless I'm misunderstanding your suggestion). I support adding multiple dragons at once though.

I'm pretty sure you can add dragons of the same lineage or breed right now (unless I'm misunderstanding your suggestion). I support adding multiple dragons at once though.

The suggestion is to let us do that more than once per group; for example, if I made a group of all my sunsongs, I would then be able to go back in and add all my luimnas to the same group as well.

Anyway, support ;3

Edit: typo

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

The suggestion is to let us do that more than once per group; for example, if I made a group of all my sunsongs, I would then be able to go back in and add all my luimnas to the same group as well.

Anyway, support ;3

Edit: typo

I figured it was. The colon threw me off. LOL. Still support.

Sure you can add more.... one at a time.

So for instance, when I added my Tsunami x Blacktip lines to a group..... This is what I did:

I have 4 third gens. I added the first Tsunami, and all its lineage. All well and good.

But to add the 2nd Tsunami and the two Blacktip's lineages, I have to add each dragon. One. At. A. Time. So first the 3rd gen, then the 2nd gens, then the CBs. Then I have to do that again with the rest of the lineage.

So it takes a ridiculous amount of time.

Cheers!

C4.

please please please can we get the mass sort option? ;-;

I am fair intimidated by trying to add ALL my holiday breeds to the same group, and I can only do one big breed sort at once, and then manually add the others and it's just a freaking pain in the rear!!!

Sure you can add more.... one at a time.

So for instance, when I added my Tsunami x Blacktip lines to a group..... This is what I did:

I have 4 third gens. I added the first Tsunami, and all its lineage. All well and good.

But to add the 2nd Tsunami and the two Blacktip's lineages, I have to add each dragon. One. At. A. Time. So first the 3rd gen, then the 2nd gens, then the CBs. Then I have to do that again with the rest of the lineage.

So it takes a ridiculous amount of time.

Cheers!

C4.

I know. I manually added about 1100 dragons individually to their own specific groups. I support. I was just confused by the wording at first.

Full support. Also for other mass-adds, such as 'add all dragons with ___ in their name' or an 'add owned descendants' when selecting a dragon.

Sorting holiday dragons together is the worst. I didn't realise how many Cavern Lurkers I had until I tried to make the holiday groups.

See also: Why I have two Prize groups.

Also support for being able to choose whether or not to separate colour variants. E.g. if I had super lots of Prizes and wanted my Golds and Silvers and Bronzes all separate, I'd have to do it by hand, even if I was creating a new group, since they all count as the same breed and sort together, despite breeding separately. Also Gemshards, and Nebulas (non-alt vs alt), Undines and Vines and Blacks? I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to mass-add just your Alts of a breed into a group.

Mass-adding dragons with a specific name, though, is one I really want to see, because if you keep to a naming scheme then it won't take you long to add a lineage together, even if it's mostly CBs. smile.gif

Support. We'll probably get more options for the grouping feature eventually, and I'd like to see at least some of these implemented. In particular multi-select (if nothing else) and then being able to add a whole breed of dragons to an existing group. I also like the idea about adding all dragons whose name has ___ in it. It might motivate me to name my dragons. wink.gif

Full support. Also for other mass-adds, such as 'add all dragons with ___ in their name' or an 'add owned descendants' when selecting a dragon.

Sorting holiday dragons together is the worst. I didn't realise how many Cavern Lurkers I had until I tried to make the holiday groups.

See also: Why I have two Prize groups.

Also support for being able to choose whether or not to separate colour variants. E.g. if I had super lots of Prizes and wanted my Golds and Silvers and Bronzes all separate, I'd have to do it by hand, even if I was creating a new group, since they all count as the same breed and sort together, despite breeding separately. Also Gemshards, and Nebulas (non-alt vs alt), Undines and Vines and Blacks? I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to mass-add just your Alts of a breed into a group.

Mass-adding dragons with a specific name, though, is one I really want to see, because if you keep to a naming scheme then it won't take you long to add a lineage together, even if it's mostly CBs. smile.gif

Full support. As well as other ways to simplify grouping. (Merging groups, adding several dragons from a page (that is similar to alternate custom sort) by clicking on them while holding CTRL...) or by a "drag and drop" feature.)

I wonder how complicated it would be to have a group that automatically contains all your unnamed dragons, or all dragons with ___ in their name, or all olives.

Because while it is fairly simple to keep a group updated once you have it going, it'd still be nifty to have the group keep itself in order for you (especially if you decide to have a complex grouping system).

Yes, please! This would turn groups from "very nice new feature" into "awesome feature".

Agreed!

Anything that makes it easier to add dragons to already made groups.

And yes to Multi-select. Definite support for multi-select.

I want to move all of my coded dragons (particularly my Zs) into one group. Having 1k+ of them to move though is becoming a hassle. sad.gif

So, support for more rules and mass-adding.

Yes, any kind of mass adding dragon is a plus.

I would like to filter my critter for a name be it the name of the breed or the names that i gave them and then checking or unchecking a box and then hit add all ckecked critters to group EXAMPLE button.

Full support on this, I'd like to group certain breeds together and right now we can only select to mass-add one breed.

Also, let us click-select multiple dragons to add at once.

Please! All of it, but especially this part. A lot of the dragons I want to group are not by breed or by lineage, but by code or name or some other criteria. So while being able to add more breeds or more lineages to a group would help, there still needs to be a way to select other dragons to mass-add, too.

I wonder how complicated it would be to have a group that automatically contains all your unnamed dragons, or all dragons with ___ in their name, or all olives.

Because while it is fairly simple to keep a group updated once you have it going, it'd still be nifty to have the group keep itself in order for you (especially if you decide to have a complex grouping system).

We can already sort unnamed dragons, there's an older filter option to show all unnamed dragons.

Cheers!

C4.

Yeah, as of right now this grouping thing is utterly useless to me. I mean it's a cool idea, don't get me wrong, but for example I would like to add my lineage dragons to several large groups. The very smallest of these groups includes 20 different breeds. If I can't have all 20 of those dragons in a group marked 'Earth' then I don't really see that I'll be getting much use out of these groups tbh.

It would be a massive pain in the butt to add every single dragon from those 20 breeds to the Earth group manually, not to mention the other four categories in my lineage, which again all contain more species of dragon.

Idk. I hope this becomes more useful now that it's a thing period, and I'll probably play around with it some more to try and find other ways that I can use it, but for now it just isn't all that I'd hoped for I guess.

Support from me too.

I want to start a project with two different breeds and keep them in the same group. Can't do that now unless I go through all my scroll pages and add every member of the second breed by hand. x.x

Edited by CatCreature

While I am eternally grateful that we have this option now, and I really do appreciate it a lot-- yes, can we please have a way to select multiple dragons at a time, and to do that more than once?

Also things like- select three breeds, choose to add all of same species, and then all three breeds are in one group. Would be especially helpful for holidays. Also to choose both all same breed and all same lineage. Again- very good for holidays.