darkangel787

City of Bones series by Cassandra Clare?

Anyone read these?

Better yet, anyone read these and liked them?

City of Bones

City of Ashes

City of Glass

(soon to come out:)

Infernal Instruments book 1 (sometime this summer)

City of Fallen Angels (2011 sometime)

I've read the books.

My sister enjoyed them a lot more then I did though. Clary annoyed me too much. I just found her to be a little to perfect.

It was okay, better than some stuff I've read. Although, something just seemed a bit off about it. I think it might have been the religious stuff put in, which didn't really seem to mesh, and came off as a bit forced.

I liked them, but I was so pissed off with the last book.

WHY DIDN'T ANYONE DIE? D:<

lol. why would yu want people to die?

and what religious stuff do you mean? o.o

Well, it had quite a lot of pseudo-philosophy. Its been a while since I read them, but there was definitely stuff about angels, and all the religions being united, and things like that...sometimes that can work, but I found it rather forced, personally.

Although, I did quite like the relationship between the Warlock and Jace's brother, who's name I've forgotten. And Simon was sweet.

I liked them when I read them, but it's been awhile and I really don't remember the details. Simon was my favorite character, and I absolutely HATED what happened to him.

My favorite book would have to be City of Ashes. I'm not sure why, but it popped into my head as my favorite when I thought about it. smile.gif

Ya the sereis was good but it just seemed sorta like another vampire/faires book. They pulled it of better than teh twilight series did though.

They're OK, lol @ Magnus Bane description though Dx

Lol, definitely better than twilight. quote of the YEAR:

"Screw Twilight. I have the Mortal and Infernal Instruments."

Started and never finished the first - more out of found-something-else! syndrome than anything else. I think they were rather bland.

I started to read the first one... but then I discovered "The House Of Night" Series xd.png But City of Bones gets a 3.9 out of 5 from me.

I respect others' opinions.

I like all three quite a lot; I admire the really detailed style of writing.

The world Cassandra Clare created was mesmerizing and very vivid. I like losing myself in these kinds of books.

Omg, this series is one of my all-time favorites. Fantasy + romance + action = my kind of book.

Omg, this series is one of my all-time favorites. Fantasy + romance + action = my kind of book.

yes. THAT is what i was looking to say.

What do you guys think of the new plot for City of Fallen Angels?

The characters were all very developed. I can't wait for the next book. Although, who'll be the bad guy now?

read and loved this series. are the new books going to be continuations of the plot from the previous three?

I managed to read the first one, but only because my friend wouldn't leave me alone about it. I got a quarter of the way through the second one and put it down. Never in my fourteen/fifteen years of life have I put down a book to never pick up again. It just wasn't interesting for me. Which is saying something.

I liked them, too. I'D say 7 out of 10 points. I know that the protagonist being a Mary - Sue is a key plot point in fantasy series, regarding the whole "normal guy/girl suddenly stumbles into magical world" - theme. Still, Clary sometimes reaaally unnerved me.

But it's really one of the better romantic/action/fantasy series. And I will buy the following books (I just learned that there is/will be a sequel *g*)

I read all three, it was an 'okay' trilogy, I've read both better and worse ones.

It's some time ago now and I remember there was talk back then about a prequel trilogy. I wouldn't read that, knowing what it all is leading to.

Loved them biggrin.gif I bought City of Bones when it first came out in Canada and read it all the way through the flight home (It was a night flight but there were like 15 rugby teams on that plane). I read it just after the last Harry Potter and after the daft mess she made of the epilogue of that CofB was just awesome. None of my friends escape without having to read it though, lol.