Obscure_Trash

Art Program Help

Every now and then a topic asking for help using some art program comes about, and I thought we should have a topic to stick it all. Also might encourage more questions, sharing, and learning. Sometimes people don't post things simply because there's not a topic for it. So here goes.

Here you can ask any specific questions you have, share tutorials, give random advice, suggest a less well known art program, etc.

Enjoy and don't be afraid to ask questions or just share experience!

This is an excellent idea!

I am semi-fluent in Paint Shop Pro 6 - 8 - 9 and Animation Shop 3. If anyone needs help in any of those, I'm willing to experiment and see what we can come up with.

I am 5%-10% fluent in gimp. I can show People how to make straight lines, and how to fix some stuff.

Alright, question for anybody with any GIMP knowledge. Is there a good tutorial for animations? I looked around, but the one tutorial I was able to find that explained anything didn't seem to work with my GIMP for some reason. Outdated to my version, maybe. o.o

I was hoping for a recommendation of one somebody else had used, but I can look into those. Thanks. :3

ok i have a question

they always talk about scannin sketches and stuff. how do you do that? oh yeah, i only have paint, so i need to know how to do it on that (easily if you can).

also, how do you tell how many pixels there are?

ok i have a question

they always talk about scannin sketches and stuff. how do you do that? oh yeah, i only have paint, so i need to know how to do it on that (easily if you can).

also, how do you tell how many pixels there are?

To scan something into the computer you need to have a scanner or a printer that can function as a scanner (I have a printer/copier/scanner combo thing at home myself).

Paint is just something in which you can edit the images. When you have your sketch/whatever scanned it you can open it in Paint and do various things with it.

At the bottom of the Paint screen, you will see somewhere toward the middle there will be a pixel counter. For mine as I have it now it says 100x79px.

Hope this helped ~

Hey, if anybody here is good with photoshop, then I would really like some help. I just got it today and I've been goofing around, but I really want to know how to make some cool looking stuff (especially anything like anime or manga).

Hey, if anybody here is good with photoshop, then I would really like some help. I just got it today and I've been goofing around, but I really want to know how to make some cool looking stuff (especially anything like anime or manga).

Can you be more specific? All you would really need is an air brush and a pen tool to accomplish this.

Can you be more specific? All you would really need is an air brush and a pen tool to accomplish this.

Well I've surfed around a bit and found some tutorials. I think I have most of the basics down by now, but I don't know how to start or what to do exactly. Some sort of walkthrough by someone might help me.

Someone please help me! I am starting to learn how to sprite, but GIMP is making it very hard, because when ever I save my work and come back it sort of blurs/mixes all my colors together and I don't know how to make it stop. Please help!

willapigfly - Make sure you save it as either a .PNG file or an .XCF file (if you're planning to keep editing it on GIMP). If you save non-animations as .JPEG or .GIF, I find that they blur when I try to reopen them.

willapigfly - Make sure you save it as either a .PNG file or an .XCF file (if you're planning to keep editing it on GIMP). If you save non-animations as .JPEG or .GIF, I find that they blur when I try to reopen them.

Yay! It's working now. Thanks!

Hey, does anyone here know how to use windows 7 paint? I use to be pretty good at windows XP, but im confused with windows 7 paint.

I want o be able to like draw good stuff... like dragons? And be able to shade and stuff and maybe sprite? Or something..

Thx

-Ra

one question folks. I have GIMP, but I have no idea how to use it. I want to color and shade my sketches on it, but I dont know how. it always ends up like I just splattered color around D:

one question folks. I have GIMP, but I have no idea how to use it. I want to color and shade my sketches on it, but I dont know how. it always ends up like I just splattered color around D:

I don't really get what you mean. Post a picture?

How does one draw thin lines on Corel Painter X? I'm okay at drawing the lines themselves, though I'm a bit shaky on them, and will need lots of practice, but whenever I draw one it turns out bold. I can't find anything to make it light.

Thank you!

---

Draco-Domno

Paint is just about the only thing I use. I have GIMP, but I don't really get it at all. I can make sprites and stuff, but I have no clue how to get the extra space to be transparent in paint. I know on GIMP, but when I put something up, the extra is black or white and not transparent. If anyone needs help with paint, feel free to ask me. I've been using paint sence I was about four or five. xd.png I wub.gif paint! tongue.gif

Oh, and I could use some help on spriting in paint. It seems that when I do it, the pixels are much larger than when others do it. I am using the one pixel pen, but when I am shading and stuff and then zoom out, the lines look too big. It also seems that others have more space then I do when spriting and shading even though I set mine at a 100 pixel max. Can someone help me with that? That is just about the only thing I don't get in paint. Thanks!

Love and be loved ~StarSea

I don't understand how people upload pictures made on GIMP cause mine never save as JPEG and so. Help please