St. Jimmy

Green Day

Sorry if this is a duplicate, but search only came up with "Green Day vs. Paramore."

So... what do you guys think?

They're my favorite band right now. I like all of their songs, though I prefer their older stuff and American Idiot. And I'm going to their concert on monday! happy.gif

Have fun at that concert! 8D

I like Green Day, and got into them years ago when I was rooting through some of my moms cd's.

I think the cd I found was Dookie (???) and had Poprocks and Coke, Brain Stew, and others on it. I enjoyed it. X3

The newest of theirs that I really like is 21 Guns. Really nice song.

And my mom and I both really like Time Of Your Life (at least I think it's titled that...).

(:

Weird. Didn't notice that GDvP was the only thread of this sort.

I like Green Day moderately well. I don't have many songs of theirs, and want to get more.

And my mom and I both really like Time Of Your Life (at least I think it's titled that...).

Amazingly enough, the song just come on my Pandora Radio minutes after reading this post. It's called "Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)"

Amazingly enough, the song just come on my Pandora Radio minutes after reading this post. It's called "Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)"

Oh wow. X3

And thanks for filling me in on that song title.

I new it was something like what I had said. X'D

They're good. I like "American Idiot" for my own reasons.

Also, I like "Know Your Enemy", "Viva La Gloria? (Little Girl)", "American Girls", "Christian's Inferno", "Wake Me Up When September Ends", "St. Jimmy", "Holiday" and "Boulevard Of Broken Dreams"

Also, quick fact: Dookie was Green Day's absolute best back in the days. (They started around 1987)

I LOVE THEM. <3

I have more of their music than any other single band on my iPod. 'American Idiot', 'Holiday', 'Boulevard of Broken dreams', and 'Wake me up when September Ends' are my favorites. x3

'Boulevard of Broken dreams' is my theme song. :3

Other faves include 'Time of your life' and some of the stuff off their newest album. I don't think i've actually listened to any of their stuff before the American Idiot album. @_@

I've only listened to Boulevard of Broken Dreams... regularly. I've probably heard/heard of their other songs, just on the radio and without knowing what I was listening to. I liked Boulevard of Broken Dreams, though.

Weird. Didn't notice that GDvP was the only thread of this sort.

I've started several Green Day threads over the time I've been here. They get very little posting though, and seem to disappear every time there is a wipe....

I'm a big Green Day fan, have been since I first heard Basket Case in 1994. Seen 'em live... five times now I think? Smallest venue about 5,000 people (The Brighton Centre) largest venue was Wembley Stadium, which is many many times the size.

Epic band.

I've started several Green Day threads over the time I've been here. They get very little posting though, and seem to disappear every time there is a wipe....

I'm a big Green Day fan, have been since I first heard Basket Case in 1994. Seen 'em live... five times now I think? Smallest venue about 5,000 people (The Brighton Centre) largest venue was Wembley Stadium, which is many many times the size.

Epic band.

O.o I've been a fan since my bff made me listen to 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams' back in like 6th grade, lol.

I wish I could see them live, but my hearing is too sensitive to stand concert-level decibel ranges. @_@ I would literally really have hearing damage. xd.png

Yes, they are epic.

@zephyr_123: Search iTunes for Green Day or American Idiot. American Idiot and their newest album 21st Century Breakdown are awesome. Listen to them. x3

Green day! I have almost all the CDs my computer would copy to my media library. So many all but three CDs... sadly.

I have to say, i really like these songs until I listen to the other cds... to busy with another CD that is epicess.

I like "Viva la gloria[Little girl](I think that's what it's called.) Boulevard of broken dream, Horseshoes and handgrenades(Sp) ad Holiday.

I like most of them on the CD 21st century breakdown. But those are my top favorites.

I like the songs Warning, Hitchin' A Ride, and Walking Contradiction the most.

Just got back from the concert. They are freaking epic live! I'd try to post some of what happened, but I'm really tired so here's pics instead. They're kinda sucky, I was waaaay in the back, so a lot of these are off the screen.

Billie Joe on the ground xd.png

Know Your Enemy - one of the better ones I got of the whole band.

I forget what song this is...

Epic crowd onstage - Lucky chick got to sing with Billie...

BUNNEH

Dirnt Dirnt Dirnt

Billie again

St. Jimmy (I think)

Another good one of the band

Mike in the crowd - they were playing a bunch of random songs here

Blurry one of Mike

Mike's bass <3 - I tried to get the rest of him but he moved...

O_O that was a lot more than I thought I'd add... oh well. Enjoy happy.gif

Oh, heh, yeah the pink bunny suit. Y'know that suit has been at their gigs for *years*. It was originaly Billy that came out wearing it, not sure about now but probably not. They've had to cut down on the band-building on stage too. You know how he get's someone up to sing Longview? Well they used to build and entire *band* on the stage. Full on "who plays drums? Right, you, up here! Who plays bass?" etc.

Of course Billy always seemed to kiss the (male) guitarist. Biggest place I saw 'em do it was Reading festival in '04.

I've always found it funny how the 'voice' of the crowd drops when they hit the stuff that's not off the most recent two albums. You can really tell the difference between the long-time Green Day fans, and the teenagers that are just now getting into them. Obviously I'm going to recommend to you all the albums that were out when I was a teenager - Dookie and Nimrod. The best two of their albums, in my opinion.

My brother started listening to them when I was 4 or 5. Oh the memories...

But yeah, I like Green Day.

Dookie and Nimrod. The best two of their albums, in my opinion.

Seconded.

Yeah, they had a girl go up and sing Longview. She really sucked, Billie kept trying to take the mic back from her xd.png

Then he gave the lucky censorkip.gif* his guitar... mad.gif

I JUST realized that your username is the name of a Green Day song. Wow, I'm slow.

I need to get more of their albums... couldn't find any at the store the other day.

Green Day's pretty good.

"Holiday" reminds me of Runescape for some reason. >___>

I JUST realized that your username is the name of a Green Day song. Wow, I'm slow.

I need to get more of their albums... couldn't find any at the store the other day.

Download 'em. I'm pretty sure the online stores stock the entire back catalog. Or I can give you some recommendations for tune to go look up on YouTube....

I actually prefer CDs as then I have a "hard copy". Call me old-fashioned :P (which sounds really, really weird).

I went to a show the other night.

Isn't Billy the worlds biggest tart onstage? biggrin.gif I swear the man prances. I take it the whole show turned into a kind of Pride event during King For A Day?

Isn't Billy the worlds biggest tart onstage? biggrin.gif I swear the man prances. I take it the whole show turned into a kind of Pride event during King For A Day?

Of course, it always does. wink.gif