MyaMouse

YAAD OOC

You As A Dragon

Storyline

You're an average joe in the land of Galsriem. Whether you be a beggar in the slums or a well-known individual, you expected life to carry on as per usual. Whoever you are, you know or own a dragon or egg, most of you probably own a bunch and record what happens on magical scrolls. Other than that, there's not really anything special about you. Maybe you once tampered with mana and it impacted you significantly. Maybe you're an orphan. Maybe you're a bookworm who spends all their time in a library. But you never considered yourself to be even close to "special", much less worthy of an epic destiny.

However, there's trouble stirring. Mana is one of the largest natural resources in Valkemare. The unstable crystals come in a variety of elements, and usually it can only be harnessed in large amounts by dragons. Brave people traverse into the wilderness every day and risk their very hides to harvest it and sell it to any interested buyers. But lately large amounts of mana have vanished. Entire caves covered in the crystals are now bare. Miners may wake up one day to find their mana gone from their bags. But people are disregarding it as a warning. They have always had enough mana, why would they run out now? You're no exception. It may be better just to pretend it's not happening, or maybe you believe something else. But you never expected to be recruited to stop the mana decline. Even less did you expect the manner in which you were recruited...

Because now you're a dragon, entirely against your will. You have to adjust to your new body, your new senses, your new life. And probably save the world while you're at it. Are you ready?

It doesn't matter. You have to be.

There's no turning back.

IC Characters

Edited by MyaMouse

Current Setting and Intro Posts

So you've been chosen.

Welcome to You As A Dragon 3, unrelated to You As A Dragon 2. This time, the roleplay is taking place approximately four years after the events of the first You As A Dragon. The Great War had only lasted a year, but had a large impact on human and dragon relations, ripping an even bigger rift between the two. Over the last three years wounds have slowly mended, but there's still tension between the dominant species of Galsriem- even though brave men and women still steal eggs and raise dragons. Humans would blame the dragons for the mana disappearance if it weren't for the fact that they don't believe it could run out. But to a few pairs of eyes who bother to notice, the rate at which it's vanishing is alarming. And that's why you're here. Like the majority of the human race, you've been oblivious to the problem/brushed it off until now.

But now you really can't be ignorant, even if you desperately want to be. You may have been strolling in the forest, or flying on your trusted dragon's back, or tending to your farmland. Maybe you were in school, or hanging out with your friends, or with your nose in a book. Whatever you were doing, you were interrupted by the sight of a cloaked figure with a war scythe. Grim Reaper, you might have thought. But then you were pinned by a Magi dragon, and that's when you lost consciousness. However, you were not destined to die. You go through a series of disturbing, creepy or outright terrifying nightmares. But no matter what, you end up being saved by a girl you never met before. It keeps confusing you until you plunge into comforting darkness. And that's when you wake up.

From the start, you feel weird. Your senses are different, and all these strange smells come to your nose. You see things differently. You can't move your arms and legs as well as you used to. Are you in Heaven? Hell? Some sort of Purgatory? No matter what you're thinking, you come to realize that you as a whole are different. You....are a dragon. You're in a cave with other dragons, most of them asleep while some are awake. You are all confused as to why. Why you?

You'll find out why. And you won't like it.

You woke up...

The location of waking may change, depending on the amount of new players, if our main group split, ect. At the start of this roleplay, our heroes will find themselves in a large underground cavern. It would be dark if not for the abundance of mana crystals all around. The entire ceiling is covered in these crystals. Small tunnels lead off to other parts of the cave, perhaps even outside. The largest of these tunnels leads to an underground lake. It's very cold, very deep and makes your scales/skin/fur feel nice and smooth. But it may not be a good idea to drink it; it's clean, but with very high levels of limestone. There are a few springs that are safe to drink.

Our unknowing and confused heroes are currently waking up in the underground cave. Sleeping dragons (potential characters) are scattered around the cave. The farmer kid, Jess, was the first to wake up- and the first to flip. In her frantic rush she accidentally crashed into End of the Days, a Sunset dragon who's friends with dark edgelord Dusky the Alt Black. They're both rather pissed. I think. Anyways, Raptor -transformed into a Frill- and his Aeon friend Eon Ages noticed the fray, before Raptor was going to investigate....something. Our as-of-yet unnamed Pillow hero woke up and accidentally shouted. Oops! An ex-human Chrono Xenowyrm named Silver slammed herself against the ceiling and began growing flowers. So far, a very awkward start.

Edited by MyaMouse

Rules
Dragon Cave Forum rules apply. For everything.No character sheets here. You will be starting with an introduction post. This post must contain what your character was before they were attacked, being knocked out, the nightmares (if you want, keep them brief) and you waking up. Please tell me what kind of dragon your character is (OOC, or in character if you can weave it in there)We are in the world of Valkemare, so Dragon Cave dragons only, please. Alternate coloration and different accessories (horns, claws, fur...) are acceptable. Please, start with a human-turned-dragon. No more than two in the beginning. Since the title is You As A Dragon, I strongly suggest basing your first character off of you and using first person. If you're not comfortable with using first person, I understand. It's not required.If I deny your entrance, do not whine or argue. There's no specific character limit in general, I expect you to know your limits and not overburden yourself.NO. MARY. SUES. For God's sakes, we always hate them. On this topic, try to stay away from cliches. I understand that they happen, and it's okay. But it'd be wonderful if we could keep most things realistic.On the topic of realism. Yes, this is a dragon roleplay. Yes, not everything is logical. Yes, it's not real life. I GET IT. But if you expect me to let things like springy trees go by, think again. Yes, gravity exists. Yes, physics is a thing. It's fantasy, but it's not a Dr. Suess book.OPness is (mostly) not allowed. You might see a GoN appear once or something, but unless you have a good reason, OP dragons are off limits. And please, PLEASE don't give your human-turned-dragons great powers right off the bat. They've all got something a little different and I might introduce something later, but for now...Try to give somebody else a chance to post before moving on. It's annoying to post, and then wake up and find a roleplay advanced three pages. That person struggles to get back in, and ends up quitting. So, keep the pace reasonable, and know that there are slower posters. At the same time, if somebody is taking too long, I'll give the go-ahead to move on without them.I have a computer. You might have smaller screened devices. But if something looks too small on my screen, it's too small. No one-liners, even with writer's block.Unless you have permission, no controlling other's actions. I hear that using Completed List dragons interferes with their acceptance. So no using them, please.

hey, mousie here. i just wanted to add in: any official posts in here, blue is esko and red is me. however, these posts probably won't exist other than these three main ones up here, so, doesn't matter now that you read all the way down here.

also, it is advised to have a dragon companion. it's real nice to have someone to teach you dragony things like telepathy and flight, and if you ever hit writer's block, it's good to have multiple characters.

also, a personal pet peeve, try to post often. don't machine-gun it (aka two people going back and forth with posts only interacting with each other super fast) because it excludes people, but try to make at least 3 posts per week at minimum.

Edited by MyaMouse

user posted image

Mouse: yes i know i copy-pasted everything don't judge me

Edited by MyaMouse

Um, Mouse, doesn't the "no-one liners" look a bit too ferocious? I mean, it's great that you don't want one-liners, but that doesn't seem like the best way to emphasize it.

definitely not

i mean

you remember what happened with alex

i have to make sure they know exactly what i'm like

okay fine

Hey, can I join? I'd like to be an Alt Black with the black horns and blood red underbelly like my avatar. And a girl.

I don't like 1st person, expect 3rd person posts. And uh, ... like the You As A Dragon original, may I have someone from my scroll to accompany me?

lol hey

we've never personally met but my friends are in some of your rps and i've heard a lot about you

mostly good things, don't worry

we're really lenient when it comes to characters. i saw you reading the original YAAD. it'll be a lot like that- not many rules when it comes to characters and stuff.

so, yes, you can be that, yes, you can have a companion (it's actually advised you do so you can have someone to teach you telepathy and flight and stuff. i should probably add that in.), and for anyone else reading, just make an intro post. esko will determine if you're good to go.

Alright, posted up one long intro.

Yes, Dusky is a death seeker, so all her nightmares involve living a twisted mockery of life or living far longer than she should. No, she won't go mad or get brainwashed even if people start having their characters be afflicted by those. Reason being she's already unstable enough as is, at least right now.

Now, she knows about telepathy because she reads a lot of scrolls, and has dragons herself. She doesn't know how to do most other things yet, though.

Eternal Peace is this lady.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Personal notes because YAY IT'S BACK!

• Bring back Blade, because she's crazy.

• Bring back Vylainne, because she was fun to play.

• Bring back Blood Echo (maybe) because he was also crazy.

• Possibly bring back Flameheart, because you need to stop with the crazy characters Skwerl.

• Maybe Lance/Leidan too? Except I don't know what to do with him...

• Consider a new character that isn't pure dragon/returning from YAAD 1?

• Make new sheets for everyone.

• Actually stay active this time.

• Read old YAAD and have a good laugh.
Okay, I'll start writing some character sheets soon. xd.png Though I might post new sheets for my returning characters first before I introduce another transformed one (mostly because I need to create a new one from scratch), so it'll take me a while to jump in. I hope this reboot lives for a long time! Edited by skwerl56767

sighs

I remember the first YAAD

I think I might join this? I have a lot of projects presently but my right hand aka the important one has been acting up (I'm our dog's chew toy which doesn't help) and making it hard to draw SO

I've done first-person before, not my favourite but it's cool~ could I have a pet pygmy if say I had one at the very beginning (Kyanite!) along with the educationalist companion?

May I join this as well? I would like to play with Eon Ages if I can

Edit: I changed my mind and I'm going for one dragon instead

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

*pokes thread curiously*

Do I have to ask to join? Well this is already a question, so I might as well ask if I can join. I dunno anything about the past versions of this though I may have seen the name once or twice. Don't really remember. Anyways, are we allowed to be Holidays? Or a Chrono Xenowyrm? *is totally not super indecisive*

Alright, posted up one long intro.

Yes, Dusky is a death seeker, so all her nightmares involve living a twisted mockery of life or living far longer than she should. No, she won't go mad or get brainwashed even if people start having their characters be afflicted by those. Reason being she's already unstable enough as is, at least right now.

Now, she knows about telepathy because she reads a lot of scrolls, and has dragons herself. She doesn't know how to do most other things yet, though.

Eternal Peace is this lady.

*shrieks so hard head pops off*

Uh, can I ask you not to play a Soulpeace this time around? Or at least a Soulpeace that's different from all the "Eternal ___" you seem to favor? Not asking much, just hoping you'll be a little creative ^.^

@Everybody You don't have to ask. Just post the intro and cross your fingers ~^^~ Don't worry, I'll go easy (ish) this time. It'll be great.

@Blade.....I keep telling you, you don't need sheets! xd.png

Pls don't replicate alex and veronica they never were a thing pls

*pokes thread curiously*

Do I have to ask to join? Well this is already a question, so I might as well ask if I can join. I dunno anything about the past versions of this though I may have seen the name once or twice. Don't really remember. Anyways, are we allowed to be Holidays? Or a Chrono Xenowyrm? *is totally not super indecisive*

That's why I viewed myself as a frilled dragon. I wanted to be a black marrow, but I was unsure about it so I went with the frill dragon as a precaution. Plus they look like a dilophosaur

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

Actually, in spirit of the first YAAD, Holidays are allowed. (I even got away with two friggin GoNs but that's not going to fly here). Hopefully. GoNs from the past miiiiight make an appearance? We'll see.

What about vampire dragons? Are they allowed to be played as? Cause I got a mini war going on in my scroll

What about vampire dragons? Are they allowed to be played as? Cause I got a mini war going on in my scroll

...sure? I don't recommend biting off more than you can chew, though. And no GoNs. Not without my permission.

I know, I'm not going have any GoNs. I know my limits. I won't add characters if I don't feel like I'm ready

Welp, here I am again. Of course I’m not gonna nuke the thing from orbit. You guys know I only use atomic bombs.

Anyways, I'll cut to the chase: I'm working on a post already, and I'll probably be able to squeeze it out sometime this afternoon. Yay me, I'm not taking ten months to write one friggin post. laugh.gif

Have I mentioned it's 6:25 in the morning right now? :3

Edited by Geometry Dash YouNoob

user posted image

All I have to say about that. Kudos to you if you recognize these guys from the original YAAD

Quick question, am I allowed to be called Dalek Raptor in this RP or do I have to be called Raptor of Dragons?

Quick question, am I allowed to be called Dalek Raptor in this RP or do I have to be called Raptor of Dragons?

Your character's name is Raptor, right? Or is it Dalek? I'm confused blink.gif (But please refrain from using your full username)

Your character's name is Raptor, right? Or is it Dalek? I'm confused blink.gif (But please refrain from using your full username)

I go by Dalek Raptor now and I'm trying to get my username changed to it