Pages: (115) « First ... 113 114 [115]  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Emotional Support, Need a hug or just a friend?
georgexu94
Posted: May 4 2017, 04:27 AM

Water Mage

Group: Members
Member No.: 196,663

@aerolyx: You seeked out help for your anxiety. That's good! You are fifty percent in solving your problems. You are very brave in acknowledging it!

As for job security. Well, just relax. Jobs aren't always permanent and sometimes you have to embrace change. You can survive another interview. You already survived one.

In the end, all will be well. If all is not well, then it is not the end.
Silverswift
Posted: May 8 2017, 08:56 AM

Level 9

Member No.: 210,444

Ugggg....

I sometimes wish that I could learn to keep my mouth shut.

Granted that I am better than I used to be on this, but still...

See, this morning, about five am, the fire alarm in the bedroom was beeping because the battery in it was going dead, which woke me up. The trouble being that First of all, I believed my sister had managed to sleep through it and I didn't want to disturb her....which I would have had to do to bring in a chair to do anything with it. Secondly.... i am short, so I wasn't convinced that even IF I brought in a chair I'd be able to reach well enough to fix the problem. Finally, my sis did get up and fix it... but by this point I was fully awake and didn't sleep well after that.

The problem? My response later.

Did I thank her for fixing it?
No... I grumbled about the thing.

I realized when someone Said, "Go drink your coffee" that I was being a grouch... but by then I had basically vented my crabiness and said some things I wish that I could now take back. I have apologized to her for what was said.... but I still feel bad about the whole think because I feel like my foul mood has annoyed everyone...and given the fact that I was being an unreasonable little twit it is hard to blame them.

Why do some days just seem to get off track from the very beginning?

This post has been edited by Silverswift on May 8 2017, 09:03 AM
georgexu94
Posted: May 9 2017, 07:49 AM

Water Mage

Yes, there are times when we do things that aren't nice. However, that does not mean we aren't nice people. As for why this things happen, I do not know. We tend to be emotional beings.

smile.gif It will be alright, dear! Sure, we cannot take back what we said, but we can apologise and prevent this to happen again.
georgexu94
Posted: May 10 2017, 09:20 AM

Water Mage

I reached my breaking point and cried at work. What a scene! A man crying over a pile of papers and tasks on hand. I appreciate that people just let me be and talked to me in a gentle manner and left me alone. I refuse to be coddled at work. Although, to be honest, deep down, I just want a little sympathy.

I was just overwhelmed with the tasks. I can do them one at a time, yes, but the deadlines! I never really deal with deadlines efficiently. It's unfortunate that I'm assigned a major role only two months and a half of work there without much training (due to the person in charge resigning and they really need a person to feel the vacancy).

Worse part is, my crush saw me crying. A person younger, yes, and who I need to be strong for. (She's newer than me). sad.gif What must she think of me?

This post has been edited by georgexu94 on May 10 2017, 09:59 PM
Darkstorm34
Posted: May 10 2017, 08:56 PM

Level 5

Group: RP Approvers
Member No.: 213,790

My mother really loves to make me feel horrible about myself. She makes me feel like my interests will never do anything for me and that I never help around the house and that I'll never amount to anything, but then when it's brought up during my therapy sessions, she pulls the cop-out, "Of course your interests mean something! Of course you're not a burden to me!"

And then she goes right back to me feeling horrible. I honestly don't know what to do. About 90% of my one on one therapy is me talking about the horrible things my mom and her fiance have done to my mental and emotional state. I can only hope that I can smile through Mother's Day while she keeps telling me I'll amount to nothing. Even though she "doesn't really mean it." (Then why say it? What kind of twisted person would tell their child that "as a joke?")
bluesonic1
Posted: May 11 2017, 08:01 AM

Level 8

Member No.: 2,719

QUOTE (georgexu94 @ May 11 2017, 12:20 AM)
I reached my breaking point and cried at work. What a scene! A man crying over a pile of papers and tasks on hand. I appreciate that people just let me be and talked to me in a gentle manner and left me alone. I refuse to be coddled at work. Although, to be honest, deep down, I just want a little sympathy.

I was just overwhelmed with the tasks. I can do them one at a time, yes, but the deadlines! I never really deal with deadlines efficiently. It's unfortunate that I'm assigned a major role only two months and a half of work there without much training (due to the person in charge resigning and they really need a person to feel the vacancy).

Worse part is, my crush saw me crying. A person younger, yes, and who I need to be strong for. (She's newer than me). sad.gif What must she think of me?

She probably thinks you're really brave for putting yourself in this kind of position, because it honestly is. Despite your lack of training and short time at your job, you were asked to step up to a challenge and you did. I don't think they would have asked you if they didn't think you were capable of doing so- the fact that you're still going shows how strong you are. I think your crush sees this, and just wishes they could help you in some way. It's ok to break down sometimes, it's much better than bottling it up inside and having it come out in other more horrible ways.

I just wanted to let you know you're not alone in your struggles. I watch my manager every day look like she's going to break at any moment, and even if she did, she's still a huge inspiration to me and an incredible role model. I feel like if your crush is newer and looks up to you, just like I am new to my manager and look up to her, she probably sees you in a similar way. Keep up the work, you can do it, you carry in you the hopes and dreams of others. Just give it your best shot- even if you fail, you can at least say you gave it everything you had and that there was nothing more that you could have done. Even if others don't reach out in sympathy to you, they're there rooting for you in their own way.
georgexu94
Posted: May 11 2017, 04:41 PM

Water Mage

@bluesonic1: smile.gif That is the sweetest thing I've read regarding this. Thank you so much for your encouragement! That is very inspiring!

smile.gif I suppose you are right, and that I just have to keep on doing my job well, and to be an inspiration to others.

I can't stop smiling at your words.
Marie19R
Posted: May 11 2017, 07:42 PM

This says something else when you aren't looking

Member No.: 12,458

I've been struggling with my depression this past week, and now is *really* not a good time. I've been fairly stable for a good six months or so, but this past week I've felt myself falling, I've been crying a lot and just so unmotivated and down. May 31st - June 3rd I'm going on vacation for my birthday, we've been saving money for months for this, so I *can't* be dealing with depression then. I just... Feel so helpless right now.
xvi
Posted: May 11 2017, 07:46 PM

Level 2

Member No.: 227,520

i need a hug

i haven't stopped crying since this afternoon
The Dragoness
Posted: May 11 2017, 09:20 PM

Level 5

Member No.: 220,164

QUOTE (Marie19R @ May 11 2017, 07:42 PM)
I've been struggling with my depression this past week, and now is *really* not a good time. I've been fairly stable for a good six months or so, but this past week I've felt myself falling, I've been crying a lot and just so unmotivated and down. May 31st - June 3rd I'm going on vacation for my birthday, we've been saving money for months for this, so I *can't* be dealing with depression then. I just... Feel so helpless right now.

Just hang in there, okay? I know it's really hard and sometimes it's easier to give in than others, but you can push through it. Depression will do its best, but you are stronger than it, no matter how bleak it may seem. Maybe look for a way to keep your mind busy so that your thoughts can't wander, like reading or listening to music. I really hope that you find something that works for you and can enjoy your birthday trip.

QUOTE (xvi @ May 11 2017, 07:46 PM)
i need a hug

i haven't stopped crying since this afternoon

*Hugs* If you ever need someone to talk to, I would be more than happy to help in any way I can. Just send me a PM.

This post has been edited by The Dragoness on May 11 2017, 09:27 PM
irrelevantindigo
Posted: May 11 2017, 09:21 PM

Level 6

Member No.: 231,699

*hugs xvi*
I hope things get better for you soon. If you need someone to vent to, my PM inbox is always open.
Wandering4Ever
Posted: May 18 2017, 02:48 PM

Level 5

Member No.: 199,059

What are you even mad about.
You told me to tell you no when I want to. Literally told me to. So if youre mad about something you 100% knew I would say no to, and then I did say no, and youre mad about that. No. You dont get to be angry about that.
That is censorkip.gif childish and it makes me beyond angry.

Everything was obviously a joke. One you instigated. You do not. Get to be angry. At me for that.
So either man up and respond to the flapjacking text, or I am going to play your own game and start ignoring you.

This compounding on my being stressed, my depression kicking back in to full swing, and other dumb things means that I am now wound tight enough the fact I can't find my sweatshirt has me wanting to smash things to tiny pieces.
I hate being irrationally angry.

This post has been edited by Wandering4Ever on May 18 2017, 02:51 PM
w5aw5
Posted: May 19 2017, 06:58 PM

Level 8

Member No.: 69,924

I'm not so sure getting angry at people who are acting unreasonable is necessarily is irrational. As far as I'm concerned, it's a normal human response. As for your depression, I hope you feel better soon. Doing something to keep your mind from wandering might help, like art, math, music, etc. Although snuggling a pet tends to work pretty well. It's not a exactly a solution, but it can make you feel better.
Gunnys
Posted: May 22 2017, 08:41 AM

Level 1

Member No.: 220,278

Just one hour ago, I received a telephone call from my elder brother that our mother died. The bus she was traveling in, plunged some 90 meters (300 feet) off a roadside in a mountainous region of southern Mexico near the Guatemalan border.

My brother was one of the 31 wounded passengers.
Syiren
Posted: May 22 2017, 09:59 AM

"A Sea Monster ate my ice cream!!!"

Member No.: 205,223

QUOTE (Gunnys @ May 22 2017, 09:41 AM)
Just one hour ago, I received a telephone call from my elder brother that our mother died. The bus she was traveling in, plunged some 90 meters (300 feet) off a roadside in a mountainous region of southern Mexico near the Guatemalan border.

My brother was one of the 31 wounded passengers.

OMG I'm so sorry! *hugs* I hope your brother recovers quickly, and I'm so sorry to hear about your mother.

I'm dealing with loss myself. This morming I got a call that my great aunt had passed away. She was 104 and just a month away from her 105th birthday. She was so strong and even lived through a concentration camp back in WWII. I'm...not okay right now. My heart hurts so much. She was so amazing, so positive, so sweet. I....I just can't right now..😢😢😢
Spicedpunch
Posted: May 24 2017, 09:57 PM

Level 1

Member No.: 222,788

I feel beyond devastated, beyond words to explain the pain and sorrow I've been carrying for weeks now.

I have my dream job, my dream job that I built alongside with my friend! It's all our work, our business, just us with our different skill sets coming together to be able to accomplish this. But she keeps crossing into my area of the business, and deleting tracts of work I do because she doesn't see "any value to it". I get that- you don't understand the value because it's not your field of expertise, it's mine! That's why it's my work! But this will be the third time in a short period of time that I have my work deleted, deleted while I try and justify my work.

I can't work like this, constantly being doubted by my own partner and having my work removed in the blink of an eye, and then told to shut up. It's devastating. All the arguments are also devastating, all times you just throw a tantrum and then give me the silent treatment, while people using our products are calling for help, and the help they need comes from your side of the work. And what am I meant to tell them? That I can't even promise anything considering my own partner treats me like garbage? We're meant to be friends, and people see us as one entity not different people. I don't have the heart like you do to trash talk my friend in the open. And now I find out from people that you've cheating our own products for yourself, for your own personal use when we said we wouldn't?? This level of betrayal is just crushing.

I don't know what to do. I don't want to quit, I don't want to give up. It's my dream job, and it was going so well. But if I keep going like this, I'm going to end up in hospital again, and even when I tell her how sick it's all making me, she doesn't care. She continues to ignore me, and continues to do her own thing and delete whatever I try do. I keep waking up screaming in the middle of the night, or otherwise just not sleeping. I don't have time to visit or see my friends on the weekend, in my few hours of downtime a week I just find myself sitting and staring at a wall, wanting for everything to just end. I don't know what I'm meant to do.
TehUltimateMage
Posted: May 24 2017, 10:02 PM

Level 9

Member No.: 61,706

@spicedpunch

I'm sorry to hear, but your partner seems incredibly toxic. Old friend or no, seems like your paths and priories are going different directions, implying that you might need to split and find someone better. You say it's your dream job, but not so long as she's involved.

Sorry, I'm getting kind of worked up about this. I've just seen and experienced a fair share of business partnerships not work out.

This post has been edited by TehUltimateMage on May 24 2017, 10:05 PM
Spicedpunch
Posted: May 24 2017, 10:24 PM

Level 1

Member No.: 222,788

QUOTE (TehUltimateMage @ May 24 2017, 10:02 PM)
@spicedpunch

I'm sorry to hear, but your partner seems incredibly toxic. Old friend or no, seems like your paths and priories are going different directions, implying that you might need to split and find someone better. You say it's your dream job, but not so long as she's involved.

Sorry, I'm getting kind of worked up about this. I've just seen and experienced a fair share of business partnerships not work out.

Thank you, it's similar advice that my parents gave me. They say I should split off, set it up on my own and run it myself, but it's such a huge job... it took us 2 years to get where we are now, I can't believe I not only have to give it all up and do it again, but go through the stress of starting from scratch on my own. But at the moment, I'm just so tired all the time, and crying so much, if I don't do something it's not gonna go well.

It just soul crushing to finally have your dreams in your grasp only to watch it get pulled away from you and have to start from nothing again. I'm not sure I'm strong enough to do it.
TehUltimateMage
Posted: May 24 2017, 10:33 PM

Level 9

Member No.: 61,706

QUOTE (Spicedpunch @ May 24 2017, 10:24 PM)
Thank you, it's similar advice that my parents gave me. They say I should split off, set it up on my own and run it myself, but it's such a huge job... it took us 2 years to get where we are now, I can't believe I not only have to give it all up and do it again, but go through the stress of starting from scratch on my own. But at the moment, I'm just so tired all the time, and crying so much, if I don't do something it's not gonna go well.

It just soul crushing to finally have your dreams in your grasp only to watch it get pulled away from you and have to start from nothing again. I'm not sure I'm strong enough to do it.

I feel you! When it seems like everything is in vain... But know that you carry with you the experience from the first time around. The word of an internet stranger isn't much, but I believe in your strength!
darfnen0817
Posted: May 25 2017, 09:11 AM

Level 1

Member No.: 194,666

Sorry for my bad English as it's not my first language, hope it didn't cause you any inconvenience.

I'm 20 years old, and think I love someone I met online. A few things I know about him are, his name and age, country etc. But these are just basic informations and I don't even know if he has a girlfriend...
I've never met him in person but I know his face. When I first saw his pic, I thought he was handsome but now I can't stop thinking about him. When I've talked with him, he was very gentle with good manners! I think he's everything I've ever wanted in a man.
But here are two worst parts: he is almost ten years older than me... also he lives in a country where people have an antipathy to my country. I'm so sad about this. I told the story to my friend yesterday and she said to me: "I'm not saying he didn't seem like a nice guy, but that's not good because he is from (his country). Just give up."
Is there any chance I could get close with him? If so, what should I do? I want to know more about him and want to be his friend at least. Yes, I know it's hopeless. So depressed. I just need somewhere to vent to..
4 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 3 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (115) « First ... 113 114 [115] 
Add Reply
New Poll