Ninetails

Make a public description for your groups.

My suggestion is to implement a group description under the group title.

Sure, we can elaborate in our group titles, but certain punctuation isn't allowed.

Basically, it would be quite similar to giving descriptions to your dragons, but to the whole group overall instead. Some people have a lore behind why they have grouped certain dragons together, and it would be interesting to know why.

The review process for the group description could be similar as to that of the dragon descriptions.

Or, maybe we could skip that part altogether as long as there is a report button next to the description of the group. It would create slightly more work for the mods, but not as much as another approval service.

Edited by Ninetails

Support! Especially if the groups become more visible like other threads are suggesting, being able to better define what each group is all about would be great.

There's also a character limit in the group titles so... we can't really elaborate much. d:

Support as long as it will have to go through the reviewing system.

This would be really nice, especially if we could also edit it at will.

If it being visible to others is such a big deal, then have it only visible to the user. But it would allow us to have notes, and such. Such as: Need to breed dragons x, y, and z for 3rd gens and then breed those 3rd gens to k, l, and m dragons.

Cheers!

C4.

I'm not a fan of another broken reviewing system, but a feature to add notes to a group - notes that you can only see yourself - won't need any reviewing feature at all, so... support?

Support for this, but only if the notes aren't publicly visible. The reviewing process is long and tedious, and the mods have enough work as it is.

However, being able to add notes to groups would be brilliant!

The only point of concern I have is character limit. I presume there has to be one, but how many characters is appropriate?

Edited by Zeditha

Agreed on skipping moderator approval for group descriptions, tbh. I'd say just go with a short-ish limit or keep the descriptions private.

This sounds reasonable, either for private notes that don't require any review, or for a public description that has a report button, but doesn't need to be approved before it can be viewed. We don't need new descriptions that need approval, but I think a report button so inappropriate ones can be dealt with easily is enough of a safety net.

This sounds reasonable, either for private notes that don't require any review, or for a public description that has a report button, but doesn't need to be approved before it can be viewed. We don't need new descriptions that need approval, but I think a report button so inappropriate ones can be dealt with easily is enough of a safety net.

I fully agree with this, I think a report system would be better and easier to deal with than a review system. I support this idea! smile.gif

I think a report button sounds good! c:

Support! This would really be helpful. I think a report button would be necessary to filter out the "bad" descriptions smile.gif

I like this idea and support a report button. Or if it isn't visible to everyone, a simple notes section would do wonders for me. For the report button if it gets XXX amounts of reports then a moderator can investigate or something?

I like this idea and I think that a report button is probably all that is needed to keep things from getting out of hand. None of the groups I have created so far really need a description, but there are some I am thinking of that could definitely benefit from it.

This sounds like an exciting idea. For clarification, though: it seems two ideas have sprung up here. One is a private "notes" for personal plans/reference/whatever, and the other is a public 'description' to describe the group/what unifies it. Both sound useful, but for different reasons.

I have a number of groups set up as regions (i.e. Nworset City - full of dragons described as living in Nworset) so I would enjoy being able to introduce viewers to the group by describing the city in general. I also have a few groups based on lineage projects I'm working on, so I can see the value of a 'note to self: breed X and Y'- style comment.

Is this thread trying to cover one and/or both ideas? Perhaps there could be two buttons when you make a note: "submit (public)" and "save (private)".

This sounds like an exciting idea. For clarification, though: it seems two ideas have sprung up here. One is a private "notes" for personal plans/reference/whatever, and the other is a public 'description' to describe the group/what unifies it. Both sound useful, but for different reasons.

I have a number of groups set up as regions (i.e. Nworset City - full of dragons described as living in Nworset) so I would enjoy being able to introduce viewers to the group by describing the city in general. I also have a few groups based on lineage projects I'm working on, so I can see the value of a 'note to self: breed X and Y'- style comment.

Is this thread trying to cover one and/or both ideas? Perhaps there could be two buttons when you make a note: "submit (public)" and "save (private)".

I was thinking more along the lines of making a description to show off publically. I do, however, see how private notes would be useful. I do not think that both being implemented would be realistic though sadly. One could just make private notes on your laptop or a spreadsheet. I guess that would be less convenient though.

If anyone wants to suggest private description notes go right ahead. ^^

Support for private descriptions, and/or public descriptions only if there is no reviewing process.

I imagine group description publicity would just inherit whatever the publicity of the group itself is.

Edited by ab613

Ahh, that's actually a great idea! And then there could a report button for the public ones. Good thinking, ab. wink.gif

I'll add that idea to the first post.

I would love to add descriptions to my groups. I have "family" groups that I would love to be able to introduce.