Dawnwing

How did you die recently?

Saw this on another site; it's a fun thread.

So, how have you died recently in video games? It can be from any game, just say what game it's from and how you died.

I'll start:

I died twice in Skyrim recently:

- Overwhelmed by a group of 8 Forsworn

- Chomped by a dragon when I still had 3/4 health left

Trying to level my characters on Tales of Graces in Chaos mode. What should have been an easy fight wasn't, I got killed and had to start over(cue ragequit because I hadn't saved in forever).

In Minecraft I jumped off a ledge and died because it was higher than I thought it was.

Edited by Storm_Dragoon

Playing Mass effect 2 and found out what one of the heavy weapons did.... thought the blast was going to be smaller by far.... nuclear symbols are not to be messed with lol.

Half-Life 2, on Highway 17, accidentally drove the buggy into the water and it just kept going deeper every time I tried to get it out.

Actually thinking about starting that chapter over, since I'm not even far into it and I already used up all my suit power...

Edited by PollyCockatrice

Minecraft. I looked at an Enderman a little too long. He kept teleporting away and returning, punching and running until I died. sleep.gif

Super Mario Galaxy.

Fell into a pit.

xd.png

I can top that. Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword--- jumped into a pit. Purposely. Come to find out, the gap was too wide to be jumped. *grumblegrumble*

Minecraft. I hit a creeper, backed up so it wouldn't 'splode, and fell into a pit.

Know what was at the bottom of the pit? No, not lava. Another creeper. Killed me before I even knew what happened. -.-

In Fall of Cybertron I keep being blasted by these three guardians. Even if I manage to sneak up and kill one, I inevitably trigger the others to attack. I apparently am not good at sneaking in this game.

Edited by Nectaris

I accidentally ran in front of Wulfgar while he was Fu-Ro-Dah'ing.

We all know what game it's from.

Edited by EchotheWolf

I asked my friend on Mass Effect 3 if the Praetorian has a finisher, they didn't know so well i went ahead and tried it.... it didn't end well.... sad.gif

Skyrim at lvl72 on master:: I was running around and almost killed an Ancient dragon with pretty much full health still and an arrow comes out of nowhere (literally no one for miles) which hits me square in the left eye. The force from it sent my flying off the cliff in a mess of dragon fire and ice (a frost dragon decided to join the 'fun' right then which was a nice change from the ancients duplicating themselves twice so four of those fight me- so glad that didn't happen this time) and a horker decided to take the last 5points of health I had from the combination of arrow+fire+ice+tall cliff.... ....

FFXIII: I was leveling my characters more (only had two more specialties to get to lvl 4 since I was on Dust to Dust at the time) and the yellow Pulse gladiator things I was fighting decided to all do head spin at the same time... then put in a few slams and continued to repeat that pattern so I could not really attack... I died after 4minutes.

I can top that. Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword--- jumped into a pit. Purposely. Come to find out, the gap was too wide to be jumped. *grumblegrumble*

I can top that one!

Ocarina of Time 3D: was fooling around a mountain (been a while since I played it - forgotten the mountain's name) and noticed there was a cliff to one side. So after a minute or so of looking over the edge, I jumped over on purpose just to see how long the fall would take. I think it was three seconds or something biggrin.gif

Didn't die during this, but in the same game (in that village with the loose chickens) I jumped from a ledge and accidentally went straight down the well xd.png

As for dying most recently...I think I ran into a pit in New Super Mario Bros. 2.

MW3: Shooting a guy on Multiplayer and another guy came up from behind and shot me.

AC3: Smacked. I'm serious. Attacked by a few redcoats and then one countered. With a smack. Desyncronized then and there.

Ocarina of Time.

I got killed.

By Phantom Ganon.

;_;

I was revived by a fairy because I thought an enemy did only one heart of damage(he did two; I had one-and-a-half hearts), I forgot to grab another before I went in the Forest Temple, and I also forgot to go to the past and refill my Lon Lon Milk when I went in. That left me with just half, but I somehow hit the C-stick and ended up drinking it with full health. Then, my arrows kept flying past the final Poe because the camera was being stupid when I L-targeted her, and by the time I did defeat her, I had about 3/10 hearts.

So I broke the pots along the wall to get more hearts, exited and reentered the room and broke the pots again, then proceeded to exit and reenter only to find that the pots wouldn't respawn items anymore. I had about five hearts at this point and I didn't want to risk somehow getting killed if I went to search for more.

I couldn't be bothered to walk all the way back to Kakariko or even to the Fairy Fountain nearby, mostly because I didn't want to go through the whole Moblin thing again. There was also a big one in the way and I was nearly out of arrows and bombchus.

So by the time I got to Phantom Ganon, I had five hearts, fifteen arrows, and three empty bottles. When I actually engaged the boss, it'd been about a year since I last fought him and I completely forgot how to do it. I wasted half of my arrows shooting at air and didn't realize until later that you could avoid the electricity blasts. Though I managed to get Ganon out, I completely missed hitting the ball he shot at me and died.

And that is how I got pulverized by the first temple boss in the game.

Skyrim: Just got this game yesterday, and am a total newb. It took me three deaths by fire to realize that I should probably follow someone when the dragon is attacking the village in the beginning. I was doing good until I decided it would be smart to walk up to a bear.

Minecraft: I was being stupid and had an x-ray texture pack on a very griefed up server and because I couldn't see where I was walking, fell into a hole that went down to bedrock. Needless to say I died of fall damage (and lost enchanted diamond armor, brewing stands, stacks and stacks of food + iron, etc) in the process, and to make it even worse when I returned to the area discovered I couldn't place/break blocks there so there was no way to retrieve my stuff. A friendly reminder to myself that I live 200,000 blocks away from spawn and it's fairly safe to store stuff in chests there... :I

Tf2: Ran up to someone who I thought was on my team but then I remembered I was on blue, not red. He flamethrowered me off the map before I realized what I did. orz

Edited by ShinyDazzlight

Squished flat from not running fast enough between random machine floor/ceiling squishers

(Kirby Return to Dreamland, the factory levels, where they manufacture - ???? - evil?)

After a long and arduous battle with my foe, of which no side appeared to be gaining ground, I was brought to my knees and given the Coup de grâce by a reverse Z-block.

Damn Tetris.

Minecraft Tekkit- While playing on a server, and down to 2 & 1/2 hearts, I was waiting for one of my friends to teleport home so I could eat, I decided to check on my farm. The second I opened the front door, and I mean as soon as I clicked it, I took an arrow to the knee face, dying instantly. Turns out a skeleton was waiting right outside in the pond, as if it knew- Opening Door= "I KEEL SOMEONE!"

Cons- FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Pros- I get to see how many hits it takes to kill a skele with a ruby pickaxe.

Hey, I'm not hungry anymore!

Freaking Morphling used his Shotgun on my before I could burst him down with my Heatseeking Missiles/Laser/Dagon Lv2. Damn you Morphling.

Got shot to death by someone on high ground. I had managed to stealth attack three people before he spotted me, but I couldn't get to cover in time.

Got annhilated by Magolor 3rd form.

Nothing like fighting four bosses in a row and dying to the last one D:

(then having to start all over again from boss 1)