serce2

Flames, Ice, and Darkness (and Light!) OOC

Idea credit to Lionthrush.

Original RP: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...75711

IC Thread: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=178967

Quick Chatzy Link: www.chatzy.com/44404147010877

The Evolution of Ospreys begins here.

Sharper minds. Control over the elements of cold, heat, and darkness. Graceful flight best described with poetry. And a new desire for companionship.

Unnoticed by any human researcher, ospreys in the past thousand years or so have evolved a enzyme that gives them a better control of energy and new ways to spend it. Three major groups emerged, each with their own unique abilities.

Some ospreys took to the volcanoes, drawn by the intense thermal energy. At first, they learned how to warm their perches and nests. Come ten generations, the birds can now fly into a volcano and come out unscathed. Some can set entire forests ablaze, rivaling the sun in brightness and in ferociousness.

Quite a few ospreys were overtaken by winter. In their search to conserve as much energy as possible, these birds have learned how to make the temperature plummet or rise over a large region of land. Those that were pushed to their limit of survival learned how to freeze themselves and others in order to preserve- or end.

Other ospreys started flying deep in the night, hoping for a scrap of fish left behind or perhaps for a sunset bonding moment. In any case, they became deeply attuned to the night, able to hear a mouse-step from a mile away. They have plumage to match the shadows of their quiet caves. A few especially powerful ospreys are able to remove other's senses, or bring nightmares into reality through illusion.

There is a fourth group of ospreys, rare and fleeting. They are tied to Light, and are just as hard to catch. Light Ospreys have their beaks in the clouds and have a healing glow. Almost all birds of this type have dreams of the future and sight that sees through dreariness of everyday life.

Though these super-ospreys have a desire for companionship, a long solitary streak runs through their genes. Flocks, if any exist, tend to be small and constrained. However, ospreys of different flocks can get along quite well, provided that they don't see each other 24/7.

Ospreys have more variety in their diet than just fish, but seafood still remains a dietary staple. A lack of fish is a sign of hardship.

Interestingly, some ospreys developed a rudimentary religion. Some believe that vultures are the key to the afterlife, others in a single entity, Frith. A few of the prophetic Light ospreys believe in an ethereal force named Aurumque.

Plot Points

-Humans invading Geyser Country to catch and experiment on

-Fertility issues with pure-bred ospreys

-Ideal differences between flocks.

Flocks

Geyser Country

Maple Flock:

Element: Fire

Members: 3

Leader: Lava Plume

Mages:

Scouts:

Other: 2-NPCS

Their territory is the volcanoes. They roost on the very precipice of a magma pool, though their nests are usually out of the way of destructive lava flows. They fish from the caldera left from a long-gone supervolcano.

Night Flock:

Element: Darkness

Members: 0

Leader: N/A

Mages:

Scouts:

Other:

Their territory is overlapping with Maple's; the difference in habits allow the two groups to coexist peacefully. They take the caves in the non-volcano mountains, and fish from underground lakes.

Winter Flock:

Element: Ice

Members: 2

Leader: Thunder Snow

Mages:

Scouts:

Other: 1- NPC

Their territory is in a vast evergreen forest at the base of the volcanoes. Large lakes dot the land, giving them ample fish.

Light Ospreys (Lux Flock):

Light Count: 2, Lustre Hoarfrost, Lucent Breeze

Potential Leader: Lustre

Potential Mages:

Potential Scouts: Lucent Breeze

They're very rag-tag group without much organization.

Keelius

The human's country. They're out to capture our precious ospreys, with wolves that keep their viciousness generation to generation. Wolves are playable characters, but their innate purpose is to capture ospreys for their masters to experiment on. Humans are also playable, but have the same motive.

Humans have an odd mix of technology. They're good at the sciences and have elaborate labs, but infrastructure is largely neglected. Cobblestone roads and the like.

Human Count: 0

Wolf Count: 0

For Returning Members...

The RP is obviously tweaked from Lionthrush's original idea. Flocks are already established. Leaders, indicate how many NPC's you want in your flock.

There is a new division of flocks. We have added Mages and Scouts, powerful warriors and sentinels respectively.

Other things to be added.

Edited by serce2

Character Lists and Forms

Osprey Form

Name:
Mate:
Flock:
Appearance:
Personality:
History:
Other:

Human Form:

Name:
Wolf/ves:
Appearance:
Personality:
Backstory:
Other:

Wolf Form:

Name:
Owners(s):
Appearance:
Personality:
Backstory:
Other:

~Serce2~

Name: Thunder Snow

Element: Ice

Mate: N/A

Flock: Winter

Appearance: She often has icicles hanging off her very long tail. Head is pure white, without the common black streak most ospreys have. Eyes are gray, and her wings have a white wave pattern (think budgerigars). Breast feathers are white and sprinkled with gray rather than brown.

Personality: Snow is overly used to the indvidualistic life. She's not very well integrated with the intra-flock relationships, and so harshly upholds the flock's order. While she would repay the favor of a flock or osprey who helps her, she tries to look out for her own flock more and would brush off some favors that don't directly favor the Winter Pack, with a "Oh, all of my members are right now out catching fish." or something of the like. Pretty good at diplomacy, though, and steps out of conflict as much as she can.

History: Nothing out of the ordinary.

~Raptor of Dragons~

Name: Lava Plume

Flock: Maple

Appearance: her normal white feathers are black with soot for the fact she dives a lot into the volcanoes. The brown feathers are red and her eyes are orange with her iris being red, matching her fierce desire to learn more about the secrets of the volcanoes she loves to dive into.

Personality: Lava Plume is fierce and she will face a challenger head on to protect her leadership and flock. Often times, she does have a bit of a temper when she is wrong, but will never strike out to the rest of her flock. She wouldn't give one ospreys of the other flocks a second glance unless it's a very good reason

History: nothing out of the ordinary here

~Sugar-Free~

Name: Lustre Hoarfrost

Element: Light

Mate: NATM

Flock: Light

Appearance: Hoary is a subtley plumaged osprey, whose pure white feathers have a very slight pearlescent quality in correct lighting (though it would take a keen eye to notice as much.) His wings have a faint pattern of gossamer-grey dappling. His eyes are a faint seafoam green, and his legs/talons are a light grey/blue

Personality: Hoary is quiet and occasionally distant, preferring to lose himself in his thoughts, the ebb and flow of existence, as if he were observing the infinite spectrum of potential futures. In moments of lucidity, he tends to take a neutral stance in discussions, as it is his belief that the lives of others should not be made privy to his opinion. He speaks carefully and concisely, and may come off as aloof and uncaring, though that is far from the truth. He is surprisingly adamant about balance and equality, and finds truth and goodness within the hearts of the most feral wolf or greedy human.

Hoary enjoys deep interpersonal relationships, discussions about the complexities of life, and beautiful displays of creativity.

History: Hoary remembers very little of his life up until now. He has spent most of his life drifting from shoal to snowcap, listless and without a meaningful purpose outside his incessant dreams of destiny and fate. He feels lingering attachments to phantom images of ospreys that he is certain he’s never met, and is nostalgic for a land of sweeping sun-tinged clouds and glittering autumnal silver-wood forests long gone. Though he has no recollection of such, he feels a connection not only to his fellow avians, but to the humans and wolves that endlessly plague them.

RP Name: Ashen Pyre

RP Gender: Male

RP Element: Fire/Dark

RP Mate: N/A

RP Crush: N/A

RP Chicks: N/A

RP Flock: Rogue, but travels between Maple and Night Flock

RP Flock position: N/A

RP Appearance: This crossbred osprey is pure black from the two horn-like crests on his head down to his neatly tailfeathers. His stomach and face are a strange mellow grey color, with a dappling of grey and black along his legs that thickens to pure black at his talons. His eyes are vividly orange with red around the iris, and his beak is a soft orange that intensifies in color when he uses fire.

Character personality: Ashen is a rather offputting bird at times. While respectful and thoughtful, he is unmovably serious, and is difficult to call “kind” at the worst of times. He’s pragmatic and down-to-earth, disinterested in tradition, and doesn’t hold lofty ideals as anything more as something to dissect. He does, however, embrace freedom, and greatly values open minds and vivid spirits.

Character backstory: Ash talks very little about his past, preferring to focus on future development than dwelling on what was. He does spend quite a bit of time with Haze, the martial focus instructor for Maple flock, Perhaps he would be more willing to open up to someone who gets to know him?

RP Name: Autumn Haze

RP Gender: Female

RP Element: Fire

RP Flock: Maple

RP Flock position: Commoner (stood down from Mage position)

RP Appearance: Once a solid, shimmering black and rust with a white underside stretching up to her beak, her feathers have become mottled with pricks of grey and white. However, her most striking feature still remains—the ends of her feathers glow red with live embers when she is angered or uses her powers. Autumn’s beak is a cream orange and her eyes are a similar shade.

Character personality: Haze is one of the elder Osprey occupying Fire territory. Once its leader in a time long past, she has a spitfire-granny attitude, where her strength, skill and status as a seasoned warrior lead her to believe she is undoubtedly more intuitive than the “wee sparrows” that surround her. Despite this, she has a knack for being loveable, if not incorrigible at times, and deeply cares about the safety and proliferation of her flock. She utterly despises humans and wolves, though, and will not hesitate to singe them to ashes at the slightest provocation. Because of her deep-seated hatred, she revels in the heat of battle against her sworn enemy, and cannot be swayed from devastating anything that crosses her path.

Character backstory: Much of what was known about Haze has been archived and held within the memory of the elder osprey. Currently, she has mostly settled down into a role of teacher and local gossip machine, being both famous for her penchant for weaving stories as much as she is her battle prowess. In her golden years, she doesn’t often see action in line with what she once had, but if alerted, she will still step in to thwart any effort to disrupt the Maple way of life.

However, in circles she’s more keen to quell than perpetuate, there are whispers of a bird so vicious and bloodthirsty that they were named “Arson Beak”, an homage to their merciless scorching of anything that dared slight them. Revered and feared for supposedly being a mindless elemental incarnate, this bird was rumored to have been a normal osprey turned feral by the gruesome capture and torture of much of their unit and their entire family. Their connection to Autumn, as well as whether or not they existed at all is a mystery, a truth known only to the elders, and not one Autumn herself is willing to reveal.

~Silverphoenixx~

Name: Lucent Breeze

Element: Light

Mate: Unlikely

Flock: NATM

Appearance: Lucent is very small for an osprey, being only a foot and a half in length. Her feathers are yellowish white striped with light mahogany, almost resembling tiger's eye in appearance. In dim places, her dark brown eyes look almost as if they have no pupils at all, but become a beautiful light brown when illuminated. The part that sticks out most about her are her very light, almost white talons and beak. This makes it almost impossible for her to hide anywhere, as they're so bright they almost seem to glow.

Personality: Most of Lucent's personality is consumed by her constant struggle against her visions. She's often cynical, sarcastic and snappy, withdrawing into herself whenever confronted. Seeing interaction as a distraction from her careful avoidance of her power, she stubbornly rejects companionship even when it would help her. In the rare moments when she can relax, she has quite the sense of humor and playfulness, often enjoying a lighthearted battle of wits or a discussion about the deeper things in life.

History: Lucent, like other Light ospreys, experiences vague visions of the future. However, she by no means embraces this ability. Due to her visions being overall unpleasant, she has learned to dislike her ability and has even developed a mental barrier in order to stop it. Her mental barrier is very fragile, and like riding a bike that always wants to fall over in one direction, most of her energy is spent avoiding her visions. The slightest upset of her balance will break her mental barrier and allow the flood of suppressed visions to rush through. Ironically, her suppression of her visions may be why they overwhelm her and cause her to try and suppress them more, creating a vicious cycle that can only end in her losing her mind.

As a young chick, she constantly had to deal with being the runt of the litter due to her size, a problem only exacerbated by the visions she began experiencing. Her visions often took over her during inopportune moments, such as trying to fly for the first time or catching her first fish, causing her to fail miserably at the task. Seeing this as a sign of weakness, her parents threw her out of the nest to fend for herself. She quickly learned to dislike her visions from then on, believing they were unpleasant and only caused interference. Not allowing herself to accept the visions, she fought her natural power, causing herself to become haggard and weak. Too small and weak to catch prey, she survives by stealing the food of other creatures.

Edited by serce2

Alright bois, we're back in business!

First problem to tackle: Sol Flock. How should they be handled? In this RP, they're partially man-made- should this be the case?

As a side note, I've made the Ice Ospreys have more of a weather-based power in the sense that they can control temperature over huge swaths of land. They can only go to natural temps, though, and the higher the heat the harder it is to do, so Ice is much more tied with the cold. This is in contrast to the Fire Ospreys which can heat something up to thousands of degrees, but only in a concentrated area.

Do we have a Character Form to fill out?

Name: Lava Plume

Flock: Maple

Appearance: her normal white feathers are black with soot for the fact she dives a lot into the volcanoes. The brown feathers are red and her eyes are orange with her iris being red, matching her fierce desire to learn more about the secrets of the volcanoes she loves to dive into.

Personality: Lava Plume is fierce and she will face a challenger head on to protect her leadership and flock. Often times, she does have a bit of a temper when she is wrong, but will never strike out to the rest of her flock. She wouldn't give one ospreys of the other flocks a second glance unless it's a very good reason

History: nothing out of the ordinary here

SLAP ME DOWN FOR SOL FLOCK CAUSE I MIGHT BE COMING BACK

Has anyone reserved leadership over the flock? Because if I do come back, I....might be interested in it.

SLAP ME DOWN FOR SOL FLOCK CAUSE I MIGHT BE COMING BACK

Has anyone reserved leadership over the flock? Because if I do come back, I....might be interested in it.

No, no one but you had asked for a reserve

I'm thinking about bringing Lucent better known as the sassy ball of feathers back. Is this going to start with everything established already, or how will it work? I remember the raid plot from the original RP, is that going to influence things?

I say everything established, though we shouldn't directly continue after the raid plot-wise. Maybe have the captured ospreys uncaptured? In my opinion, it should be a historical event which influences our osprey's- and the humans- actions.

Or perhaps a fresh start is better, but then the Sol flock wouldn't exist properly, it'd be a rag-tag group of Lights.

Sugar-Free, you're reserved for Light leadership!

E: just noticed that without Lionthrush (and Esko's Eternal) the Night Flock is empty. Might repurpose one of my characters for Night.

Edited by serce2

If it helps, I made up a couple birbs way back, one for Fire and one for Dark. I'll get them better sorted tomorrow.

Ah, Serce, I just noticed Lava Plume is under the Darkness Flock and not the Maple Flock.

^Fixed

Also, did someone say Birb? Sol Flock probably

But lets discuss plot. Should we start over, continue directly after the raid, or continue after the raid time-wise but not plot wise?

Edited by serce2

I apologize for the double post, but I guess this doubles as a bump.

Should I go and bring back our birds from the original RP?

For me, just Hoary. I have no desire to use Frost Fern.

Edit: Also, so, Light Osprey are man-made now? Are there any new details for this, because I might have to alter a little of Hoary's backstory to suit.

Edited by Sugar-Free

Ack, if Light Ospreys are man-made, Lucent's gonna need a decent chunk of backstory rewritten. But if I'm bringing in anyone, it's gonna be her.

I thought they were manmade in the original RP?

If y'all want, I can change it back. It would make more sense if both dualities (fire-ice, dark-light) were natural.

Edited by serce2

I mean, I can deal with it if they are, but I remember them being natural. You may have assumed they were man-made because both light ospreys got captured xd.png

Sounds like we might need a Chatzy guys. Lux Flock's birds were natural to my knowledge, if only by way of me not considering otherwise.

EDIT: SILB YOU NINJA

Edited by Sugar-Free

We... might need one.

Light Ospreys have been fixed.

Sugar-Free, I've added Hoary, though I tweaked his original form to have him the leader of Sol- let me know if you still want him to be a rogue.

I was thinking we should expand upon the rank ideas. Having a leader and just regular members is a little dull. Maybe not wolf-pack or warrior level organization, but having one or two specializations to make things interesting.

Edited by serce2

I think the Chatzy is best for this. Like, would there be denominations for separate classes of study? Like, there's the leader, but there's like...a soldier denomination, scouts, knowledge-keepers, etc.?

Two more birbs~ please give them a looksie for me when possible.

Username: Sugar-Free

RP Name: Ashen Pyre

RP Gender: Male

RP Element: Fire/Dark

RP Flock: Rogue, but travels between Maple and Night Flock

RP Flock position: N/A

RP Appearance: This crossbred osprey is pure black from the two horn-like crests on his head down to his neatly tailfeathers. His stomach and face are a strange mellow grey color, with a dappling of grey and black along his legs that thickens to pure black at his talons. His eyes are vividly orange with red around the iris, and his beak is a soft orange that intensifies in color when he uses fire.

Character personality: Ashen is a rather offputting bird at times. While respectful and thoughtful, he is unmovably serious, and is difficult to call “kind” at the worst of times. He’s pragmatic and down-to-earth, disinterested in tradition, and doesn’t hold lofty ideals as anything more as something to dissect. He does, however, embrace freedom, and greatly values open minds and vivid spirits.

Character backstory: Ash talks very little about his past, preferring to focus on future development than dwelling on what was. He does spend quite a bit of time with Haze, the martial focus instructor for Maple flock, Perhaps he would be more willing to open up to someone who gets to know him?

Username: Sugar-Free

RP Name: Autumn Haze

RP Gender: Female

RP Element: Fire

RP Flock: Maple

RP Flock position: Commoner (stood down from Mage position)

RP Appearance: Once a solid, shimmering black and rust with a white underside stretching up to her beak, her feathers have become mottled with pricks of grey and white. However, her most striking feature still remains—the ends of her feathers glow red with live embers when she is angered or uses her powers. Autumn’s beak is a cream orange and her eyes are a similar shade.

Character personality: Haze is one of the elder Osprey occupying Fire territory. Once its leader in a time long past, she has a spitfire-granny attitude, where her strength, skill and status as a seasoned warrior lead her to believe she is undoubtedly more intuitive than the “wee sparrows” that surround her. Despite this, she has a knack for being loveable, if not incorrigible at times, and deeply cares about the safety and proliferation of her flock. She utterly despises humans and wolves, though, and will not hesitate to singe them to ashes at the slightest provocation. Because of her deep-seated hatred, she revels in the heat of battle against her sworn enemy, and cannot be swayed from devastating anything that crosses her path.

Character backstory: Much of what was known about Haze has been archived and held within the memory of the elder osprey. Currently, she has mostly settled down into a role of teacher and local gossip machine, being both famous for her penchant for weaving stories as much as she is her battle prowess. In her golden years, she doesn’t often see action in line with what she once had, but if alerted, she will still step in to thwart any effort to disrupt the Maple way of life.

However, in circles she’s more keen to quell than perpetuate, there are whispers of a bird so vicious and bloodthirsty that they were named “Arson Beak”, an homage to their merciless scorching of anything that dared slight them. Revered and feared for supposedly being a mindless elemental incarnate, this bird was rumored to have been a normal osprey turned feral by the gruesome capture and torture of much of their unit and their entire family. Their connection to Autumn, as well as whether or not they existed at all is a mystery, a truth known only to the elders, and not one Autumn herself is willing to reveal.