Obscure_Trash

Emotional Support

Hello and welcome! *hugs*

This thread is for anybody who just needs support. If you've been having a rough time, are going through a hard situation, are just feeling down in the dumps, this is the thread for you. You can share your situation or just ask for a hug or a cup of tea. This thread is for you to share what you've been going through, to find a shoulder to lean on, to just soak up some of that love and support you deserve. You are allowed to feel the emotions you do. Your feelings are valid.

Please note that we are not trained and cannot give professional or medical support. If you need serious help, we recommend seeking professional help and ask you to refrain posting about such topics here. Such topics are very sensitive and do not belong on here; they include, but may not be limited to, dealing with: self-harm/self-injury, suicidal thoughts/urges, or eating disorders. Please get some professional help with these topics if you struggle from one or more of them. There are helplines and forums meant for dealing with these topics if you're not ready to talk about it face to face with anyone yet. But for your safety and the safety of our users, we must ask you to not ask for help regarding those sensitive subjects here on this forum or in this topic. You may post a general ask for help via PM (ie, "Having trouble with urges to self-harm, could I please get a PM?"). You may not announce you're about to do a sensitive action or go into detail about doing so (ie, "I'm going to go cut myself").

If you need further support, try checking out one of these helplines or forums:

Counseling Services

Crisis Text Services

Hotline List / International

Daily Strength

For users posting to give support here:

• This is a thread to help each other through tough situations. If you find it appropriate, you may give advice on how to get through the situation (perhaps things that worked for you if you were in a similar situation).
  • This is a safe place. Everyone has a right to their own feelings and emotions. This is not the place to tell users that they are wrong or selfish. This is not a place to tell people not to complain. If you are found demeaning or dismissing a user or their situation, you will receive a warn.
For everyone - in order for this to be a safe space, please respect the experiences of users. If your post may be triggering or it contains specific sensitive information (ex. death, chronic illness, etc.), please give a warning at the beginning of your post. As well, in order to keep this thread comfortable for everyone to post in, please do not post about situations involving other DC users. Your post will be removed if you do so, even if you do not include any names/usernames.

If you would like some advice on your situation, you can post in the advice thread. Please note you may get all kinds of advice there. If you post for support and advice in here, advice should be supportive. If it is hurtful or brash, please, please report it to a moderator. There is a report button in the upper right of every post near the quote button.

(Gif warning for fireplace) Now, please, come in and feel free to have a seat by the fireplace. Grab a cup of hot chocolate or tea and make yourself at home. What can we help you with? <3

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

This is a really nice idea (: I guess Ill give it a try.

Lately, Ive been feeling out of it all. Which is why I seem to be on Dragon Cave all the time now a days. Im just trying to distract myself.

Im in my late teens. And everyone seems to be rushing me into choosing the career I want to go for. Am I seriously expected to know at the age of **? But the majority of my peers at school seem to know exactly where they are going. And I just don't. I don't have that "goal in life" that I can look forward to and strive to achieve. Im just... Stuck. I don't know if this is just me that feels like this or if there are other young people out there who feel the same way I do. I know its probably not that big of a problem as I make it seem, but it is to me.

Im told everyone has a talent, and to pursue a career that has to do with that talent if one wants. But I just feel like I have no talent. It doesn't help that one of the most important people in my life recently told me I have no special talent or skill. Not too long ago, in one class, I was asked to write down what I am good at. My skills, talents, etc. I stared at my paper for almost 15 minutes. In the end, I made something up.

So I guess Im just feeling kinda sad. And lost. And have been feeling like this for the past 12 months. Im not depressed or anything, haha. But there are days when it just hits me that I have no idea where I am going.

I just needed to let that out.

And thanks for the cup of hot chocolate tongue.gif

Trigger warning: Anxiety

*looks around* *takes mug of hot chocolate* *adds cookies*

So over the past two weeks we've been moving, and now that this is the last night in the old place, I'm feeling a little anxious, not a panic attack or anything, I hate change and this was kind of sudden but should be good for us in the long run. If you believe in signs, I've been getting plenty that this is the right choice for us, but I'm still nervous, so I guess I'm just looking for hugs and reassurance that everything is gonna be OK.

@BlueMint-*hugs* I'm 40 and still don't know what I want to do with my life, so you're not alone there. Also, you *are* good at something and have a talent, it may not be a usual one, but you have one.

So over the past two weeks we've been moving, and now that this is the last night in the old place, I'm feeling a little anxious, not a panic attack or anything, I hate change and this was kind of sudden but should be good for us in the long run. If you believe in signs, I've been getting plenty that this is the right choice for us, but I'm still nervous, so I guess I'm just looking for hugs and reassurance that everything is gonna be OK.

@BlueMint-*hugs* I'm 40 and still don't know what I want to do with my life, so you're not alone there. Also, you *are* good at something and have a talent, it may not be a usual one, but you have one.

Change is good smile.gif I don't like change either. But its just part of life. Im sure things will be just fine. *Hugs*

Thanks for your advice! And by the way, now I want those cookies, haha! smile.gif

Good luck!

Much love,

BlueMint

Warning, this little thing has a quick thing about death.

My birds are dead, my hamster died- I watched her die- and my grandpa died. I was supposed to die when I was born. And I wonder why I'm overly emotional.

This has also influenced my choice to become a organ donor. I mean, I won't need any organs when I die. And I can save lives while still living through someone else.

Okay, warning is over.

*hugs BlueMint and then hugs prpldrgnfr* I'm gonna be more around to hug everyone then actually get comfort.

prpldrgnfr, it's okay, I've moved over a million times. Nothing bad will happen. You might miss that place, but if you've seen the signs, then it's a good choice to move. Everything will be okay. Change is normally good.

BlueMint, maybe you have a talent you haven't thought of yet. Also, I don't think many people know what they're actually going to do with their life. I know I don't.

*takes cup of tea* And yes, I know I'm not the best at comforting people. I try, though...

(those linked red seats look so comfy!)

I've just been having "one of those days", for a few days. Been sick, not horrible-sick but bad enough that I couldn't go to work Friday, and of course today I got my latest electricity bill and it's more then I'd expected. Last year I deliberately kept an "APS Fund" to help pay for the air-conditioning in the summer, but this year I was out of work November-March so I have no saved money left. I really hate having to worry about money so much.

[curls up in pillow pile] [takes a cup of tea]

I know it might not mean much to you guys, coming from a complete stranger and all...but all of you - regardless of whether or not I've had any kind of interaction with you - have given me a safe place to go where I don't hate myself for existing. This entire community gives me a home, since I don't have a very nice one IRL. If you're on the forum, you by default make up the community that gives me a safe home.

I'm just going to dump a pile of support here, as well as an offer of free hugs and baked goods to those who need/want those things.

TW: Depression, anxiety, mention of death.

Basically I suffer from clinical depression, as well as generalized anxiety disorder. My specialty seems to be panicking about completely random things, scolding myself for being "dumb", falling into the pit of self-loathing (thus furthering the original anxiety), and repeating. My mom also has clinical depression, my father died a few years ago, and the rest of my family is comprised of rednecks who can't be in the same room for more than twenty minutes without death threats being exchanged.

This self-loathing cycle has been particularly potent lately because I am officially a high school drop-out with no job who has been disowned by an entire half of his family because of his gender identity. I have not been okay. Thankfully, it's really easy to pretend you're okay on the internet because nobody can tell that you aren't actually making a ^.^ face behind your keyboard.

/end TW

I come here, where there's no awful tension and everyone is reassuring and helpful and kind. Ten minutes or so of browsing and I don't need to pretend to be happy, I just am.

So, all of you just...hang in there. You'll be okay, no matter what may happen - you will survive. Hard times will pass and, when you feel like you've hit absolute rock bottom - just realize that there's only one direction left to go: Up.

I'm going to stop being over-emotional now because (ta-da) cue the assumption that I'm being too deep and personal, the fear that this entire post sounds like a cry for attention, and the inner monologue about how I should just shush and go away.

i hate anxiety and depression 0/10 would not recommend the experience

*hugs azazelbunny* Everyone starts out as a stranger~ I'm still kind of a stranger to everyone.

At our house, we're normally all in our rooms. But without the DC forums, I don't feel truly at home.

You are NOT dumb. I'm sure you're brilliant.

I can only offer a bit of advice and lots of hugs. But I hope it helps.

Edited by seacatsmew

@seacatsmew: Im sorry to hear that... Ive also suffered the loss of my grandfather and a couple of pets... And I like the idea of becoming an organ donor. Very nice (: *Hugs* Im not sure what I can say to make things better(Im not that good at comforting people, but I try). But Ill be here in case you need anything (:

@Marie19R: Money is almost always a problem... Hope your situation gets better. Im sure it will (:

@azazelbunny: Im glad the DC community makes you feel better. As I have said, I come here to distract myself from real life. But I also come here because of the people. I cant really offer much advice but I hope everything gets better for you. (:

*Hugs and cookies to all of you* (:

I'm just burned out all the time these days. I just got a promotion at work, just in time for the only other person who held that position to quit. We had three people 6 months ago. Now it's just me, and I've not even had it for two weeks.

I like the extra money, the ability to actually do things, and it's nice working some extra hours but at the same time it's a major change from what I was working, and it's eating into a lot of the time I used to have, since I'm so tired I pass out earlier these days.

Normally it wouldn't be that big a deal, but it bums me out because it started very shortly after I not only admitted my feelings to the person who's basically my soulmate but even found out they felt the exact same way--right down to not wanting to say anything because they were uncertain if I liked them like that. (Beyond that, we do a lot of RP and they even had the exact same feelings of "I know we do a lot of RP that involves romance or intimacy, and sometimes the lines between our characters and us blur to the point where we're 'RPing' ourselves and not characters, but I don't know if it's just RP or if the fact that they're okay doing that with no characters to hide behind means it might indicate they're okay with the idea of more than friendship")

So now we only get to talk every few days if I'm lucky, once a week if I'm not, and it makes me pretty bummed because I miss them so much when we don't talk. (Which is made worse by the fact that we live in totally different parts of the USA)

And on top of that I'm concerned about my health because I've been having a lot of discomfort in my joints recently, including a finger that's permanently screwed up now for no reason at all, but I don't actually have time to go to a doctor unless I want to go when I'm so tired I'm barely safe to drive.

Mostly I just want to actually have a little time for something that isn't work again...

There's also the frustration because I know my family wouldn't approve of anything between me and my soulmate, since A) we're both physically female and cool.gif we met online (so of course they're actually a very dedicated creep who's intentionally spent the last 5 years without a hint that I might even want to ever see them offline slowly getting to know me better so that they could someday do... I dunno, whatever it is parents think strangers on the internet do to their precious children).

The fact that I have issues with depression, anxiety, and paranoia (probably from the depression and anxiety) doesn't help matters, either. Nor that I don't actually have any time to see my therapist for the same reason I don't have time to see a doctor...

I'd ask for a day off, but then I'd feel bad since we have nobody to cover it besides my manager or my assistant manager and one of them has kids to spend time with and the other is pregnant...

Edited by KageSora

*shuffles in twenty minutes late with Starbucks* Aha, a new thread! Wonderful. ^^

This is a really nice idea (: I guess Ill give it a try.

Lately, Ive been feeling out of it all. Which is why I seem to be on Dragon Cave all the time now a days. Im just trying to distract myself.

Im in my late teens. And everyone seems to be rushing me into choosing the career I want to go for. Am I seriously expected to know at the age of **? But the majority of my peers at school seem to know exactly where they are going. And I just don't. I don't have that "goal in life" that I can look forward to and strive to achieve. Im just... Stuck. I don't know if this is just me that feels like this or if there are other young people out there who feel the same way I do. I know its probably not that big of a problem as I make it seem, but it is to me.

Im told everyone has a talent, and to pursue a career that has to do with that talent if one wants. But I just feel like I have no talent. It doesn't help that one of the most important people in my life recently told me I have no special talent or skill. Not too long ago, in one class, I was asked to write down what I am good at. My skills, talents, etc. I stared at my paper for almost 15 minutes. In the end, I made something up.

So I guess Im just feeling kinda sad. And lost. And have been feeling like this for the past 12 months. Im not depressed or anything, haha. But there are days when it just hits me that I have no idea where I am going.

I just needed to let that out.

And thanks for the cup of hot chocolate tongue.gif

//hugs// It's difficult being at that moment of your life when you need to make choices, yet you feel like you aren't completely ready or knowledgeable enough to do such a thing that will decide the rest of your life.

Just relax! Life is about living, not stressing out. Whatever you do, there will be good and bad points to it. And no matter what, you always have a second chance. <3 It's going to be a tough road but just remember that not everyone knows what they're doing--and no one expects you to, either. You're not going to map out your entire life and live it in a controlled structure, you can wander down the road and stop by and pick up a few flowers on the way. smile.gif You have so many possibilities ahead--just sit back and try to breath. Things are clearer when you remind yourself that it'll all be okay in the end, because you're just a person and you're trying your best. <3

Also, about the talent thing; everyone has a talent, no matter what. Even if society tends to focus more on academic talents, there are still many wonderful people that find other uses for it! No matter what, your life is something worth fighting for and no one else can tell you otherwise. smile.gif It'll be okay. <3

//hugs// It'll be okay, bae. smile.gif I suffer from anxiety as well and I know how completely sudden it can get sometimes, and how scary it is to take new steps and make changes. No matter what, just take a deep breath and access the situation! Also, talk to someone if you're feeling a bit nervous. Get them to reassure you--you're all moving together, so you should confide in each other as well. ^^ It'll be a while before you get used to it, but things will be okay in the end. And no matter what, you have your family and friends and this thread! <3

Warning, this little thing has a quick thing about death.

My birds are dead, my hamster died- I watched her die- and my grandpa died. I was supposed to die when I was born. And I wonder why I'm overly emotional.

This has also influenced my choice to become a organ donor. I mean, I won't need any organs when I die. And I can save lives while still living through someone else.

Okay, warning is over.

//hugs// I'm so sorry, bae. Death is upsetting and it's hard to get used to--talk to someone if you feel bad, okay? Everyone is here for you. <3

It's wonderful you want to be an organ donor! You're really helping out. ^^ I hope things go smoothly--and remember, even if you were supposed to die, you lived for a reason. You're precious no matter what. <3

I've just been having "one of those days", for a few days. Been sick, not horrible-sick but bad enough that I couldn't go to work Friday, and of course today I got my latest electricity bill and it's more then I'd expected. Last year I deliberately kept an "APS Fund" to help pay for the air-conditioning in the summer, but this year I was out of work November-March so I have no saved money left. I really hate having to worry about money so much.

//hugs// I'm so sorry sad.gif I hope you feel better! Money is an awful issue sad.gif My family struggled with funds before and I know how making ends meet is hard sometimes--I hope things go okay!

Take extra good care of your body and love yourself so you can go back to work soon <3

I know it might not mean much to you guys, coming from a complete stranger and all...but all of you - regardless of whether or not I've had any kind of interaction with you - have given me a safe place to go where I don't hate myself for existing. This entire community gives me a home, since I don't have a very nice one IRL. If you're on the forum, you by default make up the community that gives me a safe home.

I'm just going to dump a pile of support here, as well as an offer of free hugs and baked goods to those who need/want those things.

TW: Depression, anxiety, mention of death.

Basically I suffer from clinical depression, as well as generalized anxiety disorder. My specialty seems to be panicking about completely random things, scolding myself for being "dumb", falling into the pit of self-loathing (thus furthering the original anxiety), and repeating. My mom also has clinical depression, my father died a few years ago, and the rest of my family is comprised of rednecks who can't be in the same room for more than twenty minutes without death threats being exchanged.

This self-loathing cycle has been particularly potent lately because I am officially a high school drop-out with no job who has been disowned by an entire half of his family because of his gender identity. I have not been okay. Thankfully, it's really easy to pretend you're okay on the internet because nobody can tell that you aren't actually making a ^.^ face behind your keyboard.

/end TW

I come here, where there's no awful tension and everyone is reassuring and helpful and kind. Ten minutes or so of browsing and I don't need to pretend to be happy, I just am.

So, all of you just...hang in there. You'll be okay, no matter what may happen - you will survive. Hard times will pass and, when you feel like you've hit absolute rock bottom - just realize that there's only one direction left to go: Up.

I'm going to stop being over-emotional now because (ta-da) cue the assumption that I'm being too deep and personal, the fear that this entire post sounds like a cry for attention, and the inner monologue about how I should just shush and go away.

i hate anxiety and depression 0/10 would not recommend the experience

Everything matters in this thread. <3 We're all trying to help each other get through life.

I'm really sorry that things have happened sad.gif I know how hard believing in yourself can be sometimes and depression is a real downer, isn't it?

As with family issues, any kind of conflict is horrible. sad.gif I really hope things get better soon! <3

You can take this time to recover and heal, right? And if they disowned you for what you identify as, that's definitely not right. My parents don't know that I'm pansexual and I don't have plans to tell then anytime soon because of the same reason--we just live in a society where nowadays not fitting into criteria always makes things hard.

Still, thank you. Thank you for caring so much about this community and thank you for being brave enough to know what's good for you and to seek help, and thank you for living.

Just remember, no matter what, life goes on. You just by yourself is a precious thing on this earth and you matter to someone, no matter what. Someone out there cares for you--like the people in this thread, right now!

If you ever have a bad day, please tell someone or find a place to rant. <3 Depression is hard to get through and yes I don't recommend the experience and a lot of times you can fall back, but there are people who make it worth it. So thank you for living, and please stay strong. <3 Even if it doesn't mean much coming from a stranger such as myself, you're doing such a good job. Stay strong, bae, tomorrow will be better someday. <3

I'm just burned out all the time these days. I just got a promotion at work, just in time for the only other person who held that position to quit. We had three people 6 months ago. Now it's just me, and I've not even had it for two weeks.

I like the extra money, the ability to actually do things, and it's nice working some extra hours but at the same time it's a major change from what I was working, and it's eating into a lot of the time I used to have, since I'm so tired I pass out earlier these days.

Normally it wouldn't be that big a deal, but it bums me out because it started very shortly after I not only admitted my feelings to the person who's basically my soulmate but even found out they felt the exact same way--right down to not wanting to say anything because they were uncertain if I liked them like that. (Beyond that, we do a lot of RP and they even had the exact same feelings of "I know we do a lot of RP that involves romance or intimacy, and sometimes the lines between our characters and us blur to the point where we're 'RPing' ourselves and not characters, but I don't know if it's just RP or if the fact that they're okay doing that with no characters to hide behind means it might indicate they're okay with the idea of more than friendship")

So now we only get to talk every few days if I'm lucky, once a week if I'm not, and it makes me pretty bummed because I miss them so much when we don't talk. (Which is made worse by the fact that we live in totally different parts of the USA)

And on top of that I'm concerned about my health because I've been having a lot of discomfort in my joints recently, including a finger that's permanently screwed up now for no reason at all, but I don't actually have time to go to a doctor unless I want to go when I'm so tired I'm barely safe to drive.

Mostly I just want to actually have a little time for something that isn't work again...

There's also the frustration because I know my family wouldn't approve of anything between me and my soulmate, since A) we're both physically female and cool.gif we met online (so of course they're actually a very dedicated creep who's intentionally spent the last 5 years without a hint that I might even want to ever see them offline slowly getting to know me better so that they could someday do... I dunno, whatever it is parents think strangers on the internet do to their precious children).

The fact that I have issues with depression, anxiety, and paranoia (probably from the depression and anxiety) doesn't help matters, either. Nor that I don't actually have any time to see my therapist for the same reason I don't have time to see a doctor...

I'd ask for a day off, but then I'd feel bad since we have nobody to cover it besides my manager or my assistant manager and one of them has kids to spend time with and the other is pregnant...

//hugs// Congrats on your promotion!

Is there any way for you to talk to this person otherwise? Like perhaps through a chat during your breaktime, or texts throughout the day?

Even so, I'm sure they treasure every moment you guys have together. <3 Things are hard right now, but they'll get better in the future and what you've worked for will pay off.

Can someone else drive you? Or just take a day off work or a couple hours? Your health is important out of everything.

//hugs// I'm so sorry work has been so tough. I hope things get better soon--and until then, please take care of yourself and get plenty of rest and love your body! <3

Argh I'm sorry sad.gif I hate families like that. Even so, I'm glad your love is really strong. I hope it goes well with your parents if you decide to tell them, and if not...just enjoy the time you have with the one you love. <3 That's important, no matter what smile.gif

I'm so sorry sad.gif //hugs// Anxiety + depression = not a good combo. Please take the time to seek support--even online support if you feel bad! And until then, take care of yourself. <3 There are plenty of people who love you and hope the best for you and what happens. Many good wishes!

Even if you feel bad, it's for a good cause. Sometimes, it's okay to be a bit selfish and put yourself above others. Take a day off to take care of yourself and business and then you can go back to work and be extra helpful. <3

//sends happy vibes to everyone in this thread <3

@seacatsmew: Im sorry to hear that... Ive also suffered the loss of my grandfather and a couple of pets... And I like the idea of becoming an organ donor. Very nice (: *Hugs* Im not sure what I can say to make things better(Im not that good at comforting people, but I try). But Ill be here in case you need anything (:

Actually... You said just what I needed someone to say.

//hugs// I'm so sorry, bae. Death is upsetting and it's hard to get used to--talk to someone if you feel bad, okay? Everyone is here for you. <3

It's wonderful you want to be an organ donor! You're really helping out. ^^ I hope things go smoothly--and remember, even if you were supposed to die, you lived for a reason. You're precious no matter what. <3

You just said what I needed someone to say, too~ Everyone lives for a reason. So, after I die, I want everyone to have a chance to find that reason.

I'm just burned out all the time these days.  I just got a promotion at work, just in time for the only other person who held that position to quit.  We had three people 6 months ago.  Now it's just me, and I've not even had it for two weeks.

Normally it wouldn't be that big a deal, but it bums me out because it started very shortly after I not only admitted my feelings to the person who's basically my soulmate but even found out they felt the exact same way--right down to not wanting to say anything because they were uncertain if I liked them like that.  (Beyond that, we do a lot of RP and they even had the exact same feelings of "I know we do a lot of RP that involves romance or intimacy, and sometimes the lines between our characters and us blur to the point where we're 'RPing' ourselves and not characters, but I don't know if it's just RP or if the fact that they're okay doing that with no characters to hide behind means it might indicate they're okay with the idea of more than friendship")

So now we only get to talk every few days if I'm lucky, once a week if I'm not, and it makes me pretty bummed because I miss them so much when we don't talk.  (Which is made worse by the fact that we live in totally different parts of the USA)

There's also the frustration because I know my family wouldn't approve of anything between me and my soulmate, since A) we're both physically female and cool.gif we met online (so of course they're actually a very dedicated creep who's intentionally spent the last 5 years without a hint that I might even want to ever see them offline slowly getting to know me better so that they could someday do...  I dunno, whatever it is parents think strangers on the internet do to their precious children).

The fact that I have issues with depression, anxiety, and paranoia (probably from the depression and anxiety) doesn't help matters, either.  Nor that I don't actually have any time to see my therapist for the same reason I don't have time to see a doctor...

Lady_Luvevis gave great advice. Actually, I've heard of a lot of people who met over the internet and actually got married. From what I've heard, most are still doing great together.

I really can't add anything else onto that... ^^'

...My family made it worse by telling me to 'get over it'. But 'strangers on the internet' just made it better. This seriously helped me get over it. <3

...My family made it worse by telling me to 'get over it'. But 'strangers on the internet' just made it better. This seriously helped me get over it. <3

*hugs*

For a long, long time "strangers on the internet" were the only friends I had, and although I have "RL" friends now, I still hang out with those who kept me going through some difficult times.

*runs around hugging everyone* You are all special, never forget that. smile.gif

@BlueMint - It is okay not knowing what your career is going to be when you're in your teens. Don't let people force you into a decision early. Even when you get to college, you still might change your mind! I've switched majors two or three times now, and I'm still not totally sure what I want to do as I head into my Senior year. You have your entire life to figure it out, so don't let people try to force you into a decision. It's your life, your passion, your choice.

@prpldrgnfr - Moving can be scary! My parents once moved my family 900 miles south for two years so Mom could take a teaching job. It turned out to be an amazing experience, and I am sure that things are headed in the right direction for you as well.

@Marie19R - Bills suck, especially when there are more than expected or larger than expected. And you're sick on top of that! Hope you feel better soon, and good luck with the money troubles... I know money is a necessary evil, but don't let it worry you too much, okay? Focus on getting better.

@azazelbunny - I am giving you the biggest hug I can right now. *bearhug*

@KageSora - First, congratulations on your promotion! That's so awesome, and I'm glad for you. Please, though, don't overwork yourself. You might feel like you need to prove yourself worthy of this new position, especially when the other person quit, but there is a difference between doing your job well and burning yourself out to keep up with everything. I'd definitely recommend taking one day off to deal with other business, especially going to the doctor's to get checked out. If your employer is a decent one, they will understand. Regarding your personal life, I wish you the best. Don't let your family dictate what you should or should not do, it is your love to give.

There's also the frustration because I know my family wouldn't approve of anything between me and my soulmate, since A) we're both physically female and cool.gif we met online (so of course they're actually a very dedicated creep who's intentionally spent the last 5 years without a hint that I might even want to ever see them offline slowly getting to know me better so that they could someday do...  I dunno, whatever it is parents think strangers on the internet do to their precious children).

If it help, my husband and I met online. We've been happily married for 11 years (12 in August). My parents had no idea we were dating, let alone that I was seeing someone online. I lived in California, and he lived in Illinois. Definitely use caution when meeting someone you met online, but you can really find some awesome people via the internet. *Hugs*

Anyway, my dad practically disowned me when he found out (I was a legal adult, mind you). He eventually got over it (Thanks, in part, due to me chewing him out). Almost 12 years later, I'm still madly in love with my husband, so it was clearly the right decision. Sometimes your heart just knows. smile.gif

Edited by harlequinraven

I'm having random days where my anti-depressants don't work. I am completely non-functional without my anti-depressants. I cry constantly for no reason at all. I can hide the suicidalness, I can hide the sadness, but I can't hide crying. It makes my job impossible. If my anti-depressants don't work for even a day, the crying immediately comes back. If they don't work for two days, I get dizzy and nauseous as well as non-stop crying. That's super dangerous since I operate industrial machinery. The second last time they stopped working I had an accident because I was dizzy and crying while I was driving.

I'm trying to figure out what makes them not work but I have no clue. I'm guessing it's something to do with my diet but my diet is so random I can't even pinpoint what it might possibly be. Does anyone have issues with antidepressants and food? I'm terrified of this happening again.

Have you talked to your doctor about it? If they aren't working right, you might need to see if your doctor will change the dose or try something else.

*SUICIDAL/DEPRESSION TW

I can't really comment on food, but I've a depressive personality, myself. I'm one of those melancholy creative types, even though I somehow ended up in a hard science for my career. A very unusual personality for my career field, and it does affect my mood. It's worth it, because I love what I do, but my point is I can understand somewhat where you are coming from. If you're feeling suicidal sometimes, please, please don't just try to hide it. Please talk to your doctor. There's no shame in something not working and needing to try a new approach. You deserve to feel happy, you shouldn't have to live with constant emotional suffering for no reason. Both my husband and my sister-in-law suffer from bipolar disorder, and they have had to change medications from time to time. Sometimes things just stop working when your body gets used to them, or they were never quite right to begin with. Every person's biochemistry is a bit different. That's why there are multiple options for most types of medications. <3

You might also try keeping a log. Every day write down what you ate, how/when you slept, what exercise you did, and other activities (such as hanging out with friends, doing a hobby, etc.). Also write down your mood each day. You might start to see a pattern that can help you tease out why it works some days and not others.

Edited by harlequinraven

I'm having random days where my anti-depressants don't work. I am completely non-functional without my anti-depressants. I cry constantly for no reason at all. I can hide the suicidalness, I can hide the sadness, but I can't hide crying. It makes my job impossible. If my anti-depressants don't work for even a day, the crying immediately comes back. If they don't work for two days, I get dizzy and nauseous as well as non-stop crying. That's super dangerous since I operate industrial machinery. The second last time they stopped working I had an accident because I was dizzy and crying while I was driving.

I'm trying to figure out what makes them not work but I have no clue. I'm guessing it's something to do with my diet but my diet is so random I can't even pinpoint what it might possibly be. Does anyone have issues with antidepressants and food? I'm terrified of this happening again.

Seems to me this is something you should discuss with your doctor very soon. Your post is worrisome for a variety of reasons.

If your medicine isn't working and you're in a job where, as you say, it could get dangerous because you're operating industrial machinery, imo, you shouldn't be doing that job in that state of mind for obvious reasons. I think if this continues, you should level with your boss and tell him what's going on. You aren't just risking yourself, you're risking others. What if you would have run over someone or hit them and injured them, or turned that machine over onto yourself? Your boss needs to know, has a right to know, what's going on with you and your doctor needs to know this, too.

I don't know what could be causing your meds to fail, but maybe changing them up or increasing the dose would help some. Have you noticed that certain types of foods trigger this? Try and keep a journal of what you're eating for a couple months along with notes about the meds failing and then look back and see if these jags happen when you've eaten certain things.

Whatever the reason, if you know ahead of time that you aren't fit to run heavy machinery, please don't, for your sake and everyone else's. Best of luck.

Edited by MedievalMystic

Not sure if this is the place for this as I would like advise on how to handle a situation, but the advice thread is more about how to fix wi fi and what to do about sunburn.

Ok, I'm doing good, not great, or wonderful, just good and i'm happy with that. I am visiting my parents since i was to sick from the chemo to visit during Christmas like i normally do. I'v got my all clear, (the first all clear you throw a party, the second leaves you wondering if its Really gone for good.)my hair is growing back, i'm set to finish classes spring term next year and get my long awaited bachelors (i'm 30).

My job has already said that once i get the degree i will move up into management and my daughter is all set to start the fourth grade.

Yep. life is good.

But, my parents live in the very, very small town that we grew up in. everyone knows us, even after a long stint of living several states away, they still recognize and remember me. One person who was in my older sisters grade and lived fairly close to us now works at the single, local grocery store as a cashier. I worked there in high school doing the same and she made a snarky comment about that. My mother who was with me at the store went in to proud momma mode and started going on about my life up until then.

The cashier was impressed, and made a comment about how 'that could have been me'. I didn't think much about it, it could have been anyone. I didn't win the lotto or anything. I worked hard and made some hard decisions.

Later on I ran into her again (very small town) and again there was the "that could have been me" then last night at the local tavern with my youngest sister, she did it again. Only she had been a few drinks in and kept bothering us with how my successes stole from her success. that because it was Me, it wasn't her.

Admittedly i was flattered at first, it was a odd sort of approval since she wanted what i had achieved, then i started getting offended as the night went on.

Its not like the powers that be rolled some dice and said this one is rolled a 8, let her go forth and do good. Then when her turn came up she got a 3.

The more i listened, the more she demeaned all the hard work i put in. She could have joined the military like I had, she could have worked a crappy job to put herself through a trade school to get a tech job, then never settle and keep trying to improve herself.

She could have been me. If she had even tried.

I got mad when she said the only blight on my "perfection" was that i wasn't married and had a kid.

I made a scene, I made some very pointed remarks and in the end she ran crying from the tavern, a full Saturday night tavern in a small gossipy town.

Even my sister said that i was harsh.

On one hand I don't think i was wrong, don't go insulting people or their children and you won't get a verbal smack-down.

On the other, I have no idea about what has happened to her in my 12 years of only visiting other then that she's a regular at the tavern and has worked at the store for most of that time.

And please don't think i'm demeaning a cashiering gig, my mother worked one for years to provide for us, but she will also say that it was the means to an end, not that it was her place.

So, should i apologize?

*sets out a box of granola bars, since i'm banned from any kitchen not equipped with the fire department.*

Edited by tjsweepers

So, should i apologize?

No.

She could have joined the military like I had, she could have worked a crappy job to put herself through a trade school to get a tech job, then never settle and keep trying to improve herself.

She could have been me. If she had even tried.

Yes.

Edited by MedievalMystic

I've found a lot of people want success without putting in the work. You ask if you should apologize. That depends. Were you in the wrong? From what you said, no, you aren't. However, sometimes apologizing isn't about who is right an who is wrong. Rather, it's about mending relationships and keeping fights at bay. You could apologize with a caveat. Tell her you're sorry for yelling, but that it really hurt your feelings to have her treat you the way you did. I don't know you or your sister, so I can't say which route is best. She might need that wake up call, or she might be feeling like she's never going to amount to anything and really wants her sister's support. That's a judgement call only you'll be able to make. smile.gif

Have you talked to your doctor about it? If they aren't working right, you might need to see if your doctor will change the dose or try something else.

*SUICIDAL/DEPRESSION TW

I can't really comment on food, but I've a depressive personality, myself. I'm one of those melancholy creative types, even though I somehow ended up in a hard science for my career. A very unusual personality for my career field, and it does affect my mood. It's worth it, because I love what I do, but my point is I can understand somewhat where you are coming from. If you're feeling suicidal sometimes, please, please don't just try to hide it. Please talk to your doctor. There's no shame in something not working and needing to try a new approach. You deserve to feel happy, you shouldn't have to live with constant emotional suffering for no reason. Both my husband and my sister-in-law suffer from bipolar disorder, and they have had to change medications from time to time. Sometimes things just stop working when your body gets used to them, or they were never quite right to begin with. Every person's biochemistry is a bit different. That's why there are multiple options for most types of medications. <3

You might also try keeping a log. Every day write down what you ate, how/when you slept, what exercise you did, and other activities (such as hanging out with friends, doing a hobby, etc.). Also write down your mood each day. You might start to see a pattern that can help you tease out why it works some days and not others.

I have talked to her and she bumped my prescription up a bit, but it didn't help. I've tried a lot of anti-depressants and this is the only one that got rid of the uncontrollable crying. I'm afraid to try a new one because I wouldn't be able to work if I went anti-depressant hunting again.

Keeping a log is a great idea and I think I'll try that. Thanks!

//hugs// Congrats on your promotion!

Thanks, I just wish I didn't have mixed feelings about it. (Being told you'll work probably closer to 25 hours a week and then it turning out to be 30-35 is... Not so fun, if you prefer to have new things told to you before being sprung on you. Not that we could do anything else, mind, I know WHY it happens--people quitting throws a wrench in everything)

Is there any way for you to talk to this person otherwise? Like perhaps through a chat during your breaktime, or texts throughout the day?

Even so, I'm sure they treasure every moment you guys have together. <3 Things are hard right now, but they'll get better in the future and what you've worked for will pay off.

Not too much--we'd both be frustrated if it was only for a few minutes at a time, it's one of those things where anything short of at least an hour of contact feels like it could never be enough, y'know? Though that might just be because of the restrictions on how long/often we can talk are...

But thanks. :3

Can someone else drive you? Or just take a day off work or a couple hours? Your health is important out of everything.

I actually forgot that it's summer, so I probably could have somebody else drive me if I can get an appointment during the hours the doctor is open. I can't believe I forgot about that!

//hugs// I'm so sorry work has been so tough. I hope things get better soon--and until then, please take care of yourself and get plenty of rest and love your body! <3

I will--it's just frustrating right now. I even feel bad not being able to go in today because of family reasons (good ones, thankfully), even though I know there's only so many times they can expect me to come in before my life outside of work prevents it from being possible...

Argh I'm sorry sad.gif I hate families like that. Even so, I'm glad your love is really strong. I hope it goes well with your parents if you decide to tell them, and if not...just enjoy the time you have with the one you love. <3 That's important, no matter what smile.gif

Yeah, it'd just be easier with the proper support from the family, since actually being together offline would involve one or both of us moving to another state, which is complicated enough without having a family that doesn't support it.

I'm so sorry sad.gif //hugs// Anxiety + depression = not a good combo. Please take the time to seek support--even online support if you feel bad! And until then, take care of yourself. <3 There are plenty of people who love you and hope the best for you and what happens. Many good wishes!

Yeah, that's true. I know that in my head, but sometimes my heart doesn't want to listen to my brain and I get stressed out over it. >_<'

Even if you feel bad, it's for a good cause. Sometimes, it's okay to be a bit selfish and put yourself above others. Take a day off to take care of yourself and business and then you can go back to work and be extra helpful. <3

Yeah... I usually tell other people that exact same advice, it's just hard to take advice you yourself give out, I think.

If it help, my husband and I met online. We've been happily married for 11 years (12 in August). My parents had no idea we were dating, let alone that I was seeing someone online. I lived in California, and he lived in Illinois. Definitely use caution when meeting someone you met online, but you can really find some awesome people via the internet. *Hugs*

Anyway, my dad practically disowned me when he found out (I was a legal adult, mind you). He eventually got over it (Thanks, in part, due to me chewing him out). Almost 12 years later, I'm still madly in love with my husband, so it was clearly the right decision. Sometimes your heart just knows. smile.gif

...We actually live in the same states, I'm up in IL she's in California. o_O Though we're both of the "meeting in a very public place is a good idea" mindset. We both trust that the other isn't some creep, but it's just common sense that the first time you meet a person you make sure to do it where help is available if something does end up going wrong.

I just wish it was easier to make cross-state things work out, haha.

But, we're both a ways from being able to seriously consider anything like that. Meeting a few times first to make sure it's something that can work face to face just as well as online is important, after all. Sometimes it turns out things actually work better online than off.

I think I'm just a worrier so I stress myself out over things that it's not something that needs to be considered at the moment anyway.

But thanks for the support, guys. I feel better having been able to just post and hear what you've to say. I'll be okay, I just need to do my best and to remember that if I don't take care of myself, then I'm no use to anybody anyway.

@KageSora Wow, how about that for irony? Yes, it's definitely good to make sure you work out well together in person, too. You sound as though you have a good head in your shoulders. If it's meant to be, a wait won't stop you two from being together. smile.gif

Not sure if this is the place for this as I would like advise on how to handle a situation, but the advice thread is more about how to fix wi fi and what to do about sunburn.

Life isn't all about chance. People have to work for it, and I think you are not wrong, you just snapped and that's understandable, though you could have handled it better.

I know how frustrating it is when someone else starts talking about your life, as if it's worthless, or as if you achieved your success by anything else than hard work. It is very rude to judge other people and nag them about it, so I understand you here.

On the other hand though, she did have a few drinks and she might be facing problems herself. It's unreasonable to take out her frustration on you, of course, but maybe you could have handled the situation better?

Maybe try to make her understand your situation and your hardwork, using a soft voice instead of a snappy attitude. Don't bite a dog back just because it bit you. You are better than that smile.gif And if she doesn't listen(which I assume she didn't since she was drinking), just try your best to ignore her, or just be calmer about it.

As for apologizing, I think you should apologize, even though she started the fight herself. You can't force someone else to be nice, but you can be nice to everyone else. Apologize for making a scene and letting her cry, but try to explain your hard work and frustration as well. If she understands, then she won't nag about it again, and if she doesn't, then be happy because you did the right thing and she didn't xd.png

With lots of hugs and comfort

Kristin