Obscure_Trash

Sock Sockalicious Dragon Bingo!

Welcome to Sock's Socalicious Bingo!

This game is just like any old other bingo except we use dragons. And don't have a board; instead, we just count whether or not you have the dragon(s). We're just that awesome.

Gameplay

At varying times in the day, a bingo will be announced, in the form of a certain condition (examples: a cb metallic, an even gen tinsel etc.). If one of your dragons fits the bingo's condition, you can claim the bingo. You can only claim each bingo once. Every bingo you claim earns you the number of points assigned to it. If you get up to a certain number of points (or higher), you win the game. When the first person reaches the required number of points (or higher) everyone will get an extra 48 hours to get in their bingos before the bingo ends. The winner will be determined by overall points. In the case of a tie, the first person who posted will be considered the winner.

Bingos will come up at varying times and will remain active for a few hours to a few days at a time; multiple people can claim the same bingo (unless stated otherwise) as long as they all meet the necessary condition(s). There may be multiple bingos up for grabs at one time, so do your best not to miss such opportunities!

For an explanation of trophies, how many dragons you have to have for each, and what trophy you have, see this help page: http://dragcave.net/help/egglimits

Rules

1. Only players who are signed up may post bingos. Sign-ups will remain open for 48+ hours, depending on the number of players, and will close before the second round begins. You may sign up until sign-ups are closed.

2. There is a 25 dragon minimum to play.

3. As long as a bingo is listed as active, it may be claimed; each will be available for at least 4 hours. Once it is listed as expired, however, it is no longer viable.

4. Dead eggs/hatchlings/dragons do not count as part of the game, unless stated otherwise.

5. Only adult dragons and frozen hatchlings count for bingos, unless stated otherwise.

6. If you move up a trophy level during the game, you don't change your in-game trophy group (if you hit 200 dragons in the middle of the game, you'd still be classified a Bronze).

7. If you do not have a dragon that fits the description merely wait until I announce the next dragon.

8. Editing is allowed to an extent; posts that were edited over 10 minutes after the original time of posting will not be viable for claiming bingos. If in doubt, delete and repost. If I have posted after the post you wish to edit, please just post again, so I can see what you were going to add.

9. May seem silly to list, but hosts may not play the game while they are hosting.

Signing up to Play

To sign up, all you have to do is post and let me know that you're in/you're playing/whatever wording you want. State your trophy level, for ease of grouping. Also, if you have a gold trophy, please also let me know how many dragons you have. For the purposes of our little game, there are two levels for gold tropies; anything over 1600 dragons is considered platinum level. Finally, you must post your scroll name (no link required).

Different Types of Bingos

Regular Bingos

These will just be labeled as bingos and will be posted by the host in the thread. Anyone playing can claim them. They are up for grabs until the host has posted saying they are expired.

Challenge Bingos

These bingos will be labeled as "challenge bingos" and will be posted alongside regular bingos. The conditions required to meet such challenge bingos are more difficult or have more specific requirements than regular bingos (for example, an eighth gen even gen, a fourth gen stairstep, a dragon with more than one spriter's alt in it, a dragon bred on Nov 1st of any year, etc.). Only one person can claim a challenge bingo. The first person to post a dragon that fits the requirements gets the point for that challenge bingo.

Secret Bingos

Secret bingos are bingos that are hidden somewhere and will be labeled with "secret" and "bingo" or "secret" and the breed name. These bingos can be found in my posts within this thread, my profile, and my scroll. Secret bingos can be put in play at any time and may or may not be announced. They can also only be claimed by one person. The first person to post who has a dragon that fits the requirements will get the secret bingo. These bingos are usually pretty easy, usually easier than or as easy as a regular bingo.

Flash Bingos

Flash bingos have at time limit. For example, I might post a bingo at 4:00pm and say that it ends at 8:00pm; only people who post a dragon that fits the requirements before eight will get credit. Flash bingos are posted at various times of the day to give different people the opportunity to claim them.

Cascade Bingos

Cascade bingos generally have three choices of the same type of dragon. Each successive choice is harder and earns more points. For example "a" earns one point while "c" earns three points. You claim only one of them.

Tricky Bingos

Tricky bingos have a set of instructions that you need to follow to work out which dragon is the bingo. These bingos are generally worth 2 points.

Co-op Bingos

These require two or more people to team up and claim the bingo together! They are usually worth 2 or 3 points depending on if 2 or 3 people team up. The points go to everyone on the team.

Competitive Bingos

These bingos give a generalized set of conditions, and the person who had the measurably best match (for example, highest or lowest gen) for the bingo at the end of its activity gets the points. If there is a tie, all tying winners get the points.

Riddle Bingos

In these bingos, a set of clues is posted together that hint at a particular dragon. Each person who posts the correct dragon gets a point.

Ponderous Puzzle Bingos

These are similar to riddle bingos, but the clues are posted one at a time rather than all at once. There will be at least 4 clues. If you get it from the first clue, it's worth 4 points, if you get it on the second clue, it's worth 3 and if you get it on the 3rd clue it's worth 2, and on the last clue it's worth 1. You may guess once per clue but, to prevent copying, you won't find out if you've been right or wrong until the end. Your highest-scoring correct guess will earn you the points, so it behooves you to guess differently each round.

Rules to Claiming a Bingo

1. You must announce "Bingo" for each bingo you are claiming. If you do not say "Bingo" for a bingo then it does not count. If you forget to announce a bingo properly, I will remind you and you can fix it so it will count.

2. You may use view, lineage, or progeny links for adult dragons. However, growing things must have lineage links.

3. Dragons must come from your own scroll only. You can't use dragons from others' scrolls.

4. Your scroll name must be displayed on your dragons' page for this game, so that I can verify you are using a dragon from your own scroll. It would also help to have your scroll link in your signature (especially if your scroll name and forum name are different). Your scroll does not have to be visible, just your scrollname.

5. Dragons that were bred or grabbed the day the bingo was announced or later cannot be used for the bingo. This is to ensure you didn't just breed/grab a dragon to fulfill the bingo.

Winning the Game

Congrats! If you win, you will receive a PM from the OP of the thread. The prize for winning is that great feeling of winning, the opportunity to host the next game, as well as picking two dragons from the host's scroll that you would like them to breed for you (and you have to take whatever is bred). If they refuse you can choose a different pair. Note, however, that some dragons may be bonded to specific mates and others may have waiting lists. Some hosts may allow you to choose from rares, some may not.

You may decline the breeding offer, as well as hosting the next game. If you don't want to host the next game, you can post in the thread letting people know it's up for grabs.

Some Terminology

CB = Cave Born. A dragon with no parents. Example: http://dragcave.net/lineage/1pc1j

False CB = A dragon whose entire lineage has been wiped out, by death of the parents. Example: http://dragcave.net/lineage/GaRH

PB = Pure Bred. A dragon with only dragons of the same breed in its lineage. Example: https://dragcave.net/lineage/ehKyI

EG = Even Gen. A lineage where all the dragons have two parents of the same generation so it makes a nice triangle shape. Example: https://dragcave.net/lineage/ay01S

Checker = A type of even-gen where all the females are one breed and all the males are a different breed. Example: https://dragcave.net/lineage/PEdUS

Stair/stairstep: A continuing lineage where one gender, excluding the first gender is always cb, creating a stairstep looking shape: https://dragcave.net/lineage/RFR7D

If you have more questions, see the Lineage Terminology thread.

If you have any questions or concerns, please ask them here or PM the host.

Former Bingo Hosts

1.Walker (Yay, creator of the game!) / 2. Evilbunny405 / 3. Parakeet13 / 4.Angelstarstar / 5. Lilyice / 6. Khallayne / 7. Volcove / 8. DarkLorienne / 9. Scratcher_cat / 10. ScnBrain_2008 / 11. Lagie / 12. Parakeet13 / 13. Walker / 14. Lilyice / 15. XDLugia / 16. Tatrina / 17. Volcove / 18. Lagie / 19. Kanaye / 20. Tatrina / 21. Kanaye / 22. Sarahfish89 / 23. NixAyum / 24. Kanaye / 25. Black_Phantom / 26. RMMC / 27. Volcove / 28. XDLugia / 29. RMMC / 30. Volcove / 31. Lagie / 32. Satyr76 / 33. Sophiera / 34. VampircOmen / 35. Timpieh / 36. Trinity. / 37. Palior / 38. XDLugia / 39. Casprrr / 40. Volcove / 41. XDLugia / 42. Saikachan / 43. Casprrr / 44. Blackdragon71 / 45. Evangeline5432 / 46. Devious_Bookworm / 47. Pteprocks / 48. Raistlin24 / 49. Arula / 50. Jerusha / 51. SockPuppet Strangler / 52. HappyMom / 53. Ice_SW / 54. Rascal1414 / 55. Rainbowsmile / 56. Water_angel / 57. Alabamasax / 58. Water_angel / 59. XDLugia / 60. happyseagull / 61. Thegreenrobby / 62. TLOSpyrogirl / 63. Pteprocks / 64. HappyMom / 65. Michellechan2211 / 66. simkim / 67. Mysfytt / 68. Casprrr / 69. Evangeline5432 / 70. HappyMom / 71. Walker / 72. Classycal / 73. purplehaze / 74. Classycal / 75. HappyMom / 76. Raistlin24 / 77. Angelicdragonpuppy / 78. HeroLink42 / 79. Angelicdragonpuppy / 80. Raistlin24 / 81. Pteprocks / 82. Casprrr / 83. Mysfytt / 84. yuumei / 85. Pteprocks / 86. purplehaze / 87. Pteprocks / 88. Angelicdragonpuppy / 89. Raistlin24 / 90. Isuzu / 91. purplehaze / 92. Lolchen / 93. simkim / 94. purplehaze / 95. XDLugia / 96. ldwoodcock / 97. Pteprocks / 98. simkim / 99. purplehaze / 100. simkim / 101. Pteprocks / 102. Aquenee / 103. purplehaze / 104. Dragongirl02 / 105. SockPuppet Strangler / 106. Aquenee / 107. Lantean_Pegasus / 108. purplehaze / 109. Dimar / 110. Angelicdragonpuppy / 111. Classycal / 112. Dragongirl02 / 113. HawktalonOfRiverClan / 114. GhostMouse / 115. Rarek / 116. purplehaze / 117. HawktalonOfRiverClan / 118. dragongrrrl / 119. Cuteseal2 / 120. MessengerDragon / 121. Tiga / 122. Alectrona / 123. Pteprocks / 124. purplehaze / 125. ForNarniaMC / 126. JolteonTails / 127. AppleMango/ 128. IchibiGaara / 129. Dragongirl02 / 130. Poohbear03 / 131. JolteonTails / 132. purplehaze / 133. Alectrona / 134. Ylla / 135. Vrack / 136. JolteonTails / 137. Saikachan / 138. Dusky_Flareon / 139. purplehaze / 140. SockPuppet Strangler

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

The Players

Signups are CLOSED

No Trophy -- 15 points needed to win

Bronze Trophy -- 20 points needed to win

CrazyChess - 17; R2-4,9,11,13,17-19,23-24, A1b,2c,3a, I1

Silver Trophy -- 30 points needed to win

Pluviophillia - 30; R2-9,11-12,19-25, A1b,3c,4a, F2-4, T2, P1d +0

Gold Trophy -- 35 points needed to win

JolteonTails - 44; R1-6,8-9,11,13,17,19-25, H1, A1b,2b,4a,5a F1-3, S1,3-4,9-12, I1, C1(3), T1-2, P1c +9

KittyZozo - 27; R2-4,6,8-11-12,18-25, A1a,3a, F1-3, I1, T1-2, P1d

legofrodo12 - 16; R3-6,8-9,11, H1, A1b, F1,3, I1, C1(3)

Pryanka - 41; R1-6,8-9,11-13,16-25, H1(2), A1c,2c,4b,5a, S2, I1, C1(3), T1-2 +6

Saikachan -42; R2-6,8-9,11-13,17-25, H1-2, A1b,2c,3a,4a,5a, I1, C1(2), T1-2, O2, P1a +7

sh20000sh - 27; R2-6,8-9,11-12,19-20,23-25, A1b,4a, F1-2, S8, I1, T1-2, P1c

Platinum 'Trophy' (1600+) -- 42 points needed to win

dirtytabs - 47; R1-6,8-11-16-25 H1, A1c,2b,4a,5a, F1-2, I1, C1(2), T1-2, O1-4, P1c +5

dragongirl02 - 36; R2-6,8-9,11-13,17-21,23-25, A1c,2c,3a,4a,5a, I1, C1(3), T1-2, P1d

fuzzbucket - 47; R1-6,8-9,12-13,11,17-25, H1, A1c,2c,4c,5a, F1-4, S5-7, I1, C1(2), T1-2, P1c +5

Lagie - 38; R2-6,8-9,11-14,1621,23-25, H1, A1b,2a,3a,4b,5a, F1-3, C1(3), T2, P1d

Little-Star - 31; R2-6,8-9,11-13,17-21,24-25, A1c,2b, F3, I1, C1(2), T1-2, P1d

purplehaze - 47; R1-8-9,11-14,16-25 H1, A1c,2c,3a,4b,5a, F1-3, I1, C1(3), T1-2, P1c +5

Please let me know if I have made a mistake in counting your points!

Bingos

Current

Regular
R17. A fifth gen checker.
R18. A sixth gen stair.
R19. A caveborn dragon with no children.
R20. A dragon with at least five named children.
R21. A dragon with at least five unnamed children.
R22. A balloon dragon caught in 2016.
R23. A leetle tree.
R24. A blue-colored dragon grabbed in November of any year.
R25. A red-colored dragon grabbed on the 23rd of any month and any year.

Cascade
A3a. An unbreedable (dino, chicken, paper, cheese) caught in 2017.
A3b. Three unbreedables (dino, chicken, paper, cheese) caught in 2017.
A3c. Five unbreedables (dino, chicken, paper, cheese) caught in 2017.

A4a. A gold dragon with at least one gold child.
A4b. A gold dragon with at least five gold children.
A4c. A gold dragon with at least ten gold children.

A5a. A vampire who's successfully turned two vampires.
A5b. A vampire who's successfully turned twelve vampires.
A5c. A vampire who's successfully turned twenty vampires.

Expired

Flash Bingo!
F1. A dragon caught/bred on January 1st of any year.
This bingo will close in 4 hours at 9:30 pm cave time.
F2. A dragon with the letter 'c' anywhere in its breed name.
This bingo will close in 4 hours at 8:30 pm cave time.
F3. A dragon with an "a" in its code (capital or lowercase).
This bingo will close in 4 hours at 7:30 pm cave time.
F4. A dragon sprited by three or more artists.
This bingo will close in 5 hours at 10:30 am cave time.

Secret Bingo
S1. Nexus Dragon
S2. Olive Dragon
S3. Hellfire Dragon
S4. Vampire Dragon
S5. Pillow Dragon
S6. Ochredrake
S7. Red Dragon
S8. Guardian Dragon
S9. Mint Dragon
S10. Turpentine Dragon
S11. Sun-Crowned Dragon
S12. Monarch Dragon
S13. ??? Hidden in plain sight, this one will be claimed by the first person to post a moonstone.

Round 1

Regular

R1. A sapphire dragon with at least one non-sapphire offspring.
R2. Three of any of these dragons (can be same or mismatching): balloon, whiptail, guardian, or stone.
R3. A dragon sprited by JOTB.

Challenge
H1. A non-gold/silver dragon with the most gold/silver progeny.
EDIT due to my mess-up: Everyone who posts a non-gold/silver dragon with at least two gold/silver child will receive 1 point. The person who posts a non-gold/silver dragon with the most gold/silver children out of all the players will receive 2 points.

Cascade
A1a. A dragon with three numbers in its code.
A1b. A dragon with four numbers in its code.
A1c. A dragon with five numbers in its code.

Round 2

Regular

R4. A hybrid dragon.
R5. Caveborn dragons of all available alts for any dragon with cb alts (ex., red and purple dorsal, tan and purple ridge, or all nebula colors).
R6. Any dragon with four or more children.
R7. A skywing dragon grabbed in 2017.

Riddle
I1. See me amongst the trees
Creeping along with my small and sharp, pointed horns.
Eternally with other dragons;
Redistributing pieces of the forest for my nest.
Binging on fruit that's hard for me to eat;
Going after birds' eggs for a tasty treat.

Hint: the encyclopedia will be the most helpful in solving this riddle.

(Okay, I know this isn't a typical Riddle bingo, but hey... maybe... oh, I think at least one of you will get it.)

Co-op
C1. Two or more users with dragons of the same generation from the same ancestor. (Ex. usera and userb both have 4th gen dragons descended from the original Dorkface.) The lineages do not have to be the same or even the same type. They just have to be the same generation and from the same ancestor.
Two users joining up will both get two points.
Three users joining up will all get three points.

Round 3

Regular
R8. A caveborn Halloween, Christmas, and Valentines dragon (one of each).

Tricky
Notes: My scroll is sorted 2heads, drakes, pygmies, hybrids, alphabetically by breed for standard dragons, halloweens, vdays, christmas, avatars/gons, unbreedables.
T1. Find my sapphire dragons. From top to bottom, find the first sapphire dragon with double digits (two numbers with no letter in between them) in its code (dragon a).
Count up from that sapphire (dragon a) the number that is in its code.
The dragon that you count to is dragon b. Click on its progeny link. Take note of the breed of dragon that dragon b has bred/mated with (dragon c).
Now find dragon c's breed my scroll.
Look at the first letter of dragon c's code. What number is it in the alphabet (a = 1, b = 2, c = 3, etc.)? Count that many dragon's down from dragon c to what will be dragon d.
Now find the first number of dragon d's code. Multiply that number by 2. Count up from dragon d by that number (dragon e).
Your bingo will be of the same breed as dragon e's mother.

Round 4

Regular
R9. A 3rd gen dragon caught in 2016.
R10. A 4th gen seragamma dragon.
R11. A caveborn male dragon that is green in color.

Challenge
H1. (First come, first served bingo) A dragon with 25 - 30 children.

Competitive
O1. A drake with the longest spiral or stairstep lineage.

Ponderous Puzzle
P1a. (4 points) A dragon with an elemental affinity for earth.

Round 4 cont

Ponderous Puzzle
P1b. (3 points) A dragon with dimorphism.
P1c. (2 points) A dragon found in exactly two biomes.

Round 5

Regular
R12. A flamingo with at least one number in its code.
R13. An even gen thuwed dragon.
R14. A striped river dragon with five or more offspring.
R15. A dragon with a spirit ward and a trihorn in its lineage.
R16. A lunar herald dragon that has children of all four lunar herald colors.

Competitive
O2. A pygmy with the longest purebred lineage.
O3. A perfectly inbred dragon (even gen from just two parents) with the longest lineage.
O4. A two-headed dragon with the most children.

Cascade
A2a. A dragon with at least one spriter's alt in its lineage.
A2b. A dragon with at least three spriter's alts in its lineage.
A2c. A dragon with at least five spriter's alts in its lineage.

Tricky (Corrected)
Notes: My scroll is sorted 2heads, drakes, pygmies, hybrids, alphabetically by breed for standard breeding dragons, halloweens, vdays, christmas, avatars/gons, unbreedables.
T2. Find my yoshis/dinos. From top to bottom, find the first dino of any color with a name (creature a). Find the first letter of its name; go to the first standard breeding dragons of that letter (dragon B) on my scroll. (Ex. If the dino's name starts with an 'E', then go to the fist standard 'E' breed name dragon, which would be "electrics".)
The very first breed that starts with the letter of the dino's name should be a named dragon (dragon B). Note the last letter/number of that dragon's name.
Scrolling up, find the first dragon whose code starts with the letter/number you noted in the previous step (dragon c).
Your bingo will be a dragon of yours that shares three of the same letters/numbers (case does not matter) in its code as the dragon you just found (dragon c).

Ponderous Puzzle
P1d. (1 point) A dragon released in 2015. Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Yay! Glad to see this up. smile.gif

I'm in with platinum.

Platinum, please! biggrin.gif

*leaves brownies for everyone*

I've always seen this being played, but never participated!

I'd like to sign up for the Gold level please (1220 adult dragons atm, so not quite platinum yet)

Updated to here! Welcome, Pryanka! Glad to be the host of your first game. o3o

Signups will be closing tonight!

And... Round 1!

Round 1

Regular

R2. Three of any of these dragons (can be same or mismatching): balloon, whiptail, guardian, or stone.

Challenge

Cascade

A1b. A dragon with four numbers in its code.

Please note that secret bingos may be put into play at any time! I probably will not announce them unless they go for a few days without being claimed.

As well, I'm going to try and do smaller bingo rounds if I'm planning on posting new rounds closer together and may post larger bingo rounds if the next round won't be up for a bit. So you can get a vague idea of the timing to watch out for. ^^

Round 1

Regular

BINGO ! La Hapaira )thank goodness someone asked me to breed....)

BINGO ! Petrus Magnificus,

Draco Peridotita

Draco Stone Heart

BINGO ! Kurt Wallander

Challenge

(I'll be back....)

Cascade

BINGO ! Moon Princess Lunatheme

Sock - your scroll is hidden so if there are any secrets in there.... sad.gif

Thank you for this welcome! Let's see how this goes ^.^

Regular

Bingo! - This Sapphire has an Aeon Wyvern offspring.

Bingo! Here are two balloons (one) and (two) , and a guardian

Bingo! - Here is a JOTB sprited Gold-Horned Tangar

Challenge

Bingo! Let's go with Ferantur and his nine silver offspring for now smile.gif

Cascade

Bingo!! - I still can't believe I own this awesomely coded Thuwed, 34567

Edited by Pryanka

Sock - your scroll is hidden so if there are any secrets in there.... sad.gif

I know - I'm protecting a gold from views! It'll be unhidden within a day. No worries, though - no secrets there yet. ^^

Round 1

Regular

R1. A sapphire dragon with at least one non-sapphire offspring. ~ Nope.

R2. Three of any of these dragons (can be same or mismatching): balloon, whiptail, guardian, or stone. Bingo! ~

whiptail: https://dragcave.net/lineage/i39h

guardian: https://dragcave.net/lineage/vT55

stone: https://dragcave.net/lineage/LqRt

R3. A dragon sprited by JOTB. Bingo! ~ https://dragcave.net/lineage/HJS3D

Cascade

A1b. A dragon with four numbers in its code. Bingo! ~ https://dragcave.net/lineage/5673

Hopefully I'm not too late, I'd like to join in if possible. smile.gif I'm gold, with 671 dragons.

Hopefully I'm not too late, I'd like to join in if possible. smile.gif I'm gold, with 671 dragons.

Nope - I'll post when signups are closed! Added you. Feel free to post your round 1 whenever. :3