Predat0rs

Limit how many times you can pick up the same egg

After picking up the same egg 90 times when I didn't want it the first time ( rolleyes.gif ), I think this would be a good thing to implement.

Not sure what a reasonable amount of throw backs would be (3, maybe?).

I seem to remember a suggestion a long time ago for some indication on the AP that showed if you've already picked up that egg.

I would totally support *something* that would make things a bit easier in this regard.

Same, really.. It's too hard for me to remember the codes of all the eggs I've already gone through at times like these.

I would kinda prefer marking eggs but having this not be a BSA would be very nice. And, honestly, something like this seems more likely to be added to the cave anyway.

Support. Three is probably a fine number.

I would kinda prefer marking eggs but having this not be a BSA would be very nice. And, honestly, something like this seems more likely to be added to the cave anyway.

Support. Three is probably a fine number.

Agreed. This is especially helpful during the holiday breeding seasons. I picked up the same Heartstealer a dozen times yesterday blink.gif

ACTUALLY - sometimes one goes back and thinks - I wish I had KEPT that one, now, and this idea would prevent that.

ACTUALLY - sometimes one goes back and thinks - I wish I had KEPT that one, now, and this idea would prevent that.

Three pickups would still give you time to become decisive, and if not, why not suggest a higher limit?

We can't pick up stuff after we're the last person to abandon it, so I don't see why this shouldn't apply in a more long-term manner.

But honestly, I could count on one hand how many times I've picked up an egg, abandoned it, then decided I wanted it. I could probably count on no hands. Certainly nothing that bothered me enough to stick with me. I think that re-picking up eggs we don't want (yes, even if it's just during the holidays) is more common than regretting abandoning something (discounting auto'ing, as that doesn't really apply to this situation).

Yeah, I've picked up the same egg a few times and then stop looking for awhile then 15 minutes later pick it up again! DX

Even if you waited 20 or so minutes until you THINK the egg is gone... Nah, you still end up picking it up. rolleyes.gif If you throw away an egg 3 times and STILL WANT IT after that... rolleyes.gif

This suggestion confuses me... if you didn't want to pick up the egg in the first place, why did you do it, nevertheless more than once? How does one even pick up an egg more than once? O.o If I pick up an egg, whether from the cave or the AP, if you refresh the page the egg disappears. I thought there was a fairly long pickup cooldown too, where an egg is too "young" to be abandoned, so it's not like you picked up an egg, abandoned it, then accidentally picked it up again in the AP... The only case where I could see something like this happening is if you have laggy internet and/or a slow machine and the game thinks you've clicked on something multiple times; either that or you middle-click eggs (open them in new tabs or windows) so that the page you're hunting on isn't refreshed, and you forget which eggs you've clicked on. I remember being in both cases though, and both times the game told me the egg was "taken by somebody else" because it was already on my scroll. Thinking about that just leads me back to square one: how do you end up re-clicking an egg you didn't want in the first place...

This suggestion confuses me... if you didn't want to pick up the egg in the first place, why did you do it, nevertheless more than once? How does one even pick up an egg more than once? O.o If I pick up an egg, whether from the cave or the AP, if you refresh the page the egg disappears. I thought there was a fairly long pickup cooldown too, where an egg is too "young" to be abandoned, so it's not like you picked up an egg, abandoned it, then accidentally picked it up again in the AP... The only case where I could see something like this happening is if you have laggy internet and/or a slow machine and the game thinks you've clicked on something multiple times; either that or you middle-click eggs (open them in new tabs or windows) so that the page you're hunting on isn't refreshed, and you forget which eggs you've clicked on. I remember being in both cases though, and both times the game told me the egg was "taken by somebody else" because it was already on my scroll. Thinking about that just leads me back to square one: how do you end up re-clicking an egg you didn't want in the first place...

Holiday walls and walls in general. Holidays, everyone is grabbing eggs and throwing them back. The can't pickup what you grab is only for you being the last one to toss it back, so you could very well be playing a game of hot potato with a holiday egg! General walls tend to be the same, except slower, if there are messy eggs in the wall.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Because, it happens? I don't purposely pick up an egg I don't want a million times. rolleyes.gif It happens especially when there's a wall of the same Breed (like right now). And also when NO ONE wants the egg you keep picking up and they also keep throwing it back into the mix.

Agreed. I don't like the idea of not being able to pick up an egg because you already grabbed it before, but I do like the idea of some way to see which eggs are 'new' to you in the AP.

Support for this or anything similar! Even when it's not Holiday Madness in the AP, I can still find myself playing Egg Tennis with other people in the AP.

I guess I could see that happening, if you're searching for unseen factors like lineage? It still seems odd to me though that you would end up grabbing the same egg multiple times (just speaking about the AP here) when there's a higher probability of you grabbing a different egg when there are 30 different eggs to choose from, and only a couple of those would really be ones you've touched; no more than 7 in any instance, since I think that's the maximum amount of eggs you can have at one time... Even if you're hunting for a specific breed, I've never seen so many eggs of one breed before that it would be impossible to keep track of which ones were new and which ones weren't.

It's not impossible though. I just don't see it being a big issue, even with walls of eggs (especially holiday walls; those seem to move very quickly).

Even though I haven't experienced this issue myself, considering the circumstances... I favor the Identify BSA over this suggestion. Limiting how many times people can pick up one egg has too high of a risk of backfiring, in my opinion, and I almost always like the idea of having more BSAs because it makes certain dragons more desirable. Even if it isn't a BSA though, something like Identify would help... Maybe a toggle of some sort that allows you to see which eggs you have picked up but placed back, including any eggs that were auto-abandoned from your scroll? Just a simple checkbox that toggles a visual filter of some type would do.

Edited by skwerl56767

A lot of times most of the eggs in the AP are ones I just simply ignore because I'm not looking for those breeds. Also you can get and throw back more than seven.

I guess I could see that happening, if you're searching for unseen factors like lineage? It still seems odd to me though that you would end up grabbing the same egg multiple times (just speaking about the AP here) when there's a higher probability of you grabbing a different egg when there are 30 different eggs to choose from, and only a couple of those would really be ones you've touched; no more than 7 in any instance, since I think that's the maximum amount of eggs you can have at one time... Even if you're hunting for a specific breed, I've never seen so many eggs of one breed before that it would be impossible to keep track of which ones were new and which ones weren't.

It's not impossible though. I just don't see it being a big issue, even with walls of eggs (especially holiday walls; those seem to move very quickly).

Even though I haven't experienced this issue myself, considering the circumstances... I favor the Identify BSA over this suggestion. Limiting how many times people can pick up one egg has too high of a risk of backfiring, in my opinion, and I almost always like the idea of having more BSAs because it makes certain dragons more desirable. Even if it isn't a BSA though, something like Identify would help... Maybe a toggle of some sort that allows you to see which eggs you have picked up but placed back, including any eggs that were auto-abandoned from your scroll? Just a simple checkbox that toggles a visual filter of some type would do.

Well, consider it like this, the wall moves fast enough that you grab an egg. Look at it's lineage. Don't like it, throw it back. Someone else picks it up. they don't like it. They throw it back. You're like OH! Egg!! Pick it up. Same egg as before. Throw it back. Rinse. Repeat. This happens a lot when there is a huge wall of things, but one or two eggs of a specific breed float through that no one wants.

I'd be totally up for something like this. Though to be fair, I'm probably one of the few who wouldn't want anything higher than maybe being able to grab the egg once or twice more after you've dropped it (to allow for accidental droppings and what not). But even if we have 3 or 4 times this idea still has my full support whether we have a red box or greyed out image or as a bsa.

It tends to happen because a lot of people are looking at the end of the bottom row, newest eggs, in hopes of snatching something that just entered the AP. And yes, this is due to lineage. Trust me, when it's a Holly/holiday released last year you're grabbing FAR too fast to look at the code. And then there are slower clickers or mobile users who can't afford to check the code cause that takes too long...

support.

Definitely would like this especially during holiday walls.

I'm not looking at codes and I'm definitely not going to be able to remember/write down all the codes of eggs that I didn't want to pick up again.

Support.

Maybe this could be an individual option decided by the user? Doesn't need to be enforced on everyone but I would happily give up the ability to pick up an egg I've tossed back more then X amount of times.

Support.

Maybe this could be an individual option decided by the user? Doesn't need to be enforced on everyone but I would happily give up the ability to pick up an egg I've tossed back more then X amount of times.

There are few things I support being optional, and I don't think this needs to be one of them.

support. i picked up the same two radiant angels so many times the other day, i finally stopped ap hunting. it was definitely the same two and not siblings; i didn't have time to look at codes before clicking because there weren't that many ra's in the ap at the time and they were going fast.

while i would much rather have this a new feature built into the game in some way than a bsa, i'll take any help tj is willing to implement at this point.