Qwackie

The Ranger's Apprentice.

Erm...

Anyone read it?

I think it's an epic win. Even if it's not that long, it's really descriptive and flowing.

It's definitely one of those books you can't put down until you finish. I think the first four books established a really strong position, but as Will grew older, the quality of the plot dropped.

Not a bad series. It started out exciting but slowly becomes blander and blander with each book.

I like it though. The narrator's tone is very no-nonsense, and the character are very, VERY developed, even though some of the plot isn't.

Not a bad series. It started out exciting but slowly becomes blander and blander with each book.

I like it though. The narrator's tone is very no-nonsense, and the character are very, VERY developed, even though some of the plot isn't.

Yeah, definitely. "Hey, we have a generic evil dude!" "Hey, the protagonist killed the generic evil dude!" "Hey, the protagonist got kidnapped!" "Hey, the protagonist's mentor is rushing off against orders to save him!" "Hey, we're at war!"

Still win, though. xd.png

I liked them. I wish there wasn't such a lag between when the books came out in Australia, and when they come out in the US.

I don't think I ever read them. Who wrote these books? I looked thru the thread posts, but couldn't find the author.

I don't think I ever read them. Who wrote these books? I looked thru the thread posts, but couldn't find the author.

The author of the series is John Flanagan.

Thanks lilyice. I don't recognize the author so I'm pretty sure I never read the series. I used to go thru a book or more a day and at age 44 that means I've read a lot of books so after a while, I forgot the names of the books/series I've read.

I personally love this series. I need to pick up the 5th still, and will probably get that when I have some money. I agree, though, we need a closer release between Australia and America. It's not like there's a huge language change, there... But, I do agree, the plot kinda died after the 3rd book. The fourth is interesting, sure, but it doesn't have the same interest to it the original three did.

I do indeed love this series. The last book to come out in USA was how he became a Ranger from an apprentice. I think in UK he has more books out then he does in the USA.

I do so want the next book. Ive read this series, hmm, at least 8 times now. I think I'll take it out again when I go back to work Tuesday.

I really enjoyed this series. A friend of mine recommended them to me earlier this year, and I absolutely love them. The characters were very well developed, even though the plot was a bit cliche, they were a good read. Though, I do agree that Will got a bit stale as he grew older. I still enjoyed them nonetheless. I liked the description in the book, of everything. Of the characters, personalities and the world. Very well written.

I'm about halfway through "The Sorcerer in the North". I love the series so far.

You do know it's called just Ranger's Apprentice, right? There's no 'the' in the series title.

I ADORE this series. And as far as I'm concerned, I'm Halt's daughter. We have a lot of similarities.

Haha. @StormWhite, I agree completely.

Though Will is my husband to be, I'd hate to annoy Alyss. wink.gif

I'm A FANATIC. I can't BELIEVE I haven't gotten the Kings of Clonmel yet (came out three days ago, I believe) and I'm talking my mom into getting it tonight. smile.gif

After I finish the Pendragon series I am planning to read it.

After I finish the Pendragon series I am planning to read it.

ALSO a luuuurvely series. LOL.

The Kings of Clonmel is coming out May 18th for Ranger's Apprentice bk 8! Wooo!

Though Will is my husband to be, I'd hate to annoy Alyss. wink.gif

Will is all yours. Horace, on the other hand... Need I finish?

My username is based off the Stormwhite sea. Kind of sad actually...

Edited by StormWhite

Will is all yours. Horace, on the other hand... Need I finish?

My username is based off the Stormwhite sea. Kind of sad actually...

hehe. Halt's daughter works for me too, though I see that I've stolen someone else's idea.

Anyhow, what books out of the series didja like? IMO, I liked numbers 1 4 6 7 8.

The Ranger's Apprentice is so epic win. Duh.

I can't wait for my dad to get me the sixth one! I have the first five, and heck I want the SIXTH ONE!

haha, I've read all th enew ones, including the Kings of Clonmel.

Halt's Peril's coming out...August 31st! :DDDDDD