tyto_alba

Books That You Want To See Made Into Movies

I have a few books that I want to see made into movies.

I just want them done right.

- Cut by Patricia McCormick. I really think this would be a cool movie. And I want to play Debbie. X'D

- The Silver Kiss by Annette Curtis Klause. The book is really good, and I think if it was done right, a movie would be cool.

- Green Angel by Alice Hoffman. I loved this book. A lot. And seeing it made into a movie would make me really happy.

So, those are a few of mine. Do you have any books you want to see made into movies?

The Left Behind series. x: Though that'd prolly be more than one movie, of course.

Wieland by Charles Brockden Brown. It'd probably be done best in a black and white type of suspense.

Demons by John Shirley. It'd probably be cheesy as hell, but it'd be entertaining nonetheless.

Piers Anthony's Xanth series and the Incarnations of Immortality series - I'd love to see movies based on these two book series.

I have none actually. Not because I don't think they are good enough or whatever but because 97% of the time movies make books worse. For a book I hate I would rather not hate it more and for ones I like I don't want them ruined either for the off chance it turns out good. 3% doesn't qualify. IMO

...Movies make books worse? :l I've heard of books being better than the movies that are based on em, but I don't see how a movie that barely has anything to do with a book can make said book worse. If it's bad, it's bad.

...Unless you're talking about whatever freaky fans that the movies would spawn, then that's usually only terrible if the book wasn't that good to begin with.

I LOVED the 6th harry potter book but because of the 6th movie my opinion dulled. Everybody sees it different but IMO movies tend to make books worse. I can't help but lower my opinion of a book after a movie was made of it that was bad.

Uhm...hmmmrmm...this is a hard one... o.o

Ranger's Apprentice.

Definitely.

but they SURE AS H3LL better get the actors

None I can think of, because I know that actors would ruin my impression of the characters.

Oh, George Martin's A Game of Thrones book is being made into a series, which will be launched next spring. HOW could they make Lannisters dark-haired instead of blonde and choose the guy who played Boromir as Ned Stark? ;__;

Edited by lightbird

The Pern series. Or at least part of it. I think that would be really cool.

I agree, a Pern movie would be epic. I would totally see it if they did that, but they'd really have to try and make it good (maybe even make Anne McCaffrey be the director, lol).

I really want to see Inkspell and Inkdeath made into films if they aren't in production already, because honestly these two books were better than Inkheart.

I'd also like to see The Sight and Fell (both by David Clement-Davies) made into movies as long as they did it CGI and made it look realistic. Those were really awesome books. Fire Bringer by the same author would make a good movie too.

Temeraire! I totally want to see at least part of the Temeraire series by Naomi Novik made into a movie, that would be epic. xd.png

Skulduggery Pleasant.

It would be SO easy to adapt.

The Abhorsen series, by Garth Nix.

If only because I want to see what a paperwing would actually look like......

Anything Discworld. As long as it was a proper movie and not some Sky One mini-series.

Or even the Manga version of Hellsing :3

Skulduggery Pleasant.

It would be SO easy to adapt.

THIS. THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS.

ok that's enough Thises.

WELLLLLLL anyways, THAT. Yes. Skulduggery Pleasant is full of just SO MUCH WIN.

Hm. Other than that? Fablehaven I guess...hm...Hunger games? hm...Vampirates! Meh, the Lost Years of Merlin series would be fun to watch...

The Hunger Games. That could easily be made into a movie and it would be a good one too.

I'm pretty sure a movie is in the first stages. Suzanne Collins is even writing the screenplay!

Anything Discworld. As long as it was a proper movie and not some Sky One mini-series.

Or even the Manga version of Hellsing :3

Yes plz

I agree. I'd love it if the Pern series was made in to a movie(s).

I'm pretty sure a movie is in the first stages. Suzanne Collins is even writing the screenplay!

Again, they better get the actors right though xd.png

I believe Luck in the Shadows is already being made into a movie, but its worht mentioning.

Hm... City of Bones is probably also being made into a movie, but its worth mentioning as well.

Uhm...hmmmrmm...this is a hard one... o.o

Ranger's Apprentice.

Definitely.

but they SURE AS H3LL better get the actors

Omg- so true. I'm with Rangera Apprentice all the way. Exciting action. xd.png

Um...

I'd say Artemis Fowl, by Eion Colfer, but I think they are making it into a movie already... xd.pngxd.pngxd.png

And Skulderggy Pleasant! xd.png It'd be really corney, but cool. And yes, I like young adult/some childrens books. Some are really good.

Edited by moonmommy5

Meh, I dunno about Artemis Fowl... I'm kinda "over" movies with kid protagonists. Just doesn't appeal any more. Gotten older XD

I'd love to see another one of Agatha Christie's murder mystery novels adapted into a movie. It's been so long since they've made any...

I'd love to see another one of Agatha Christie's murder mystery novels adapted into a movie. It's been so long since they've made any...

Very true. Those movies are always enjoyable. I'd love to see more of them made.

- Cut by Patricia McCormick. I really think this would be a cool movie. And I want to play Debbie. X'D

I loved this book, it was SO good. +1

I'm hyped about the Guardians of Ga-Hoole movie, that's going to be GREAT.

I'd love to see Ted Dekker's Books of History series made into a movie.

I'd love to see the Unicorns of Balinor series made into a movie as well.

The Warriors books aren't a huge interest of mine but they'd be interesting as movies.

I'd love Lad: A Dog by Albert Payson Terhune as a movie.

Edited by Kayota

Curious, do you guys think the books you want to see as movies are feasible (cost, time, writers, actors, audience)? Or are we just naming off our dreams? tongue.gif

I'd like to see Altered Carbon, by Richard Morgan - I think there was someone writing it, then the project died. The book just screamed "VISUAL" at me when I first read it; most of the characters are fully human-normal and there aren't that many fantasy/sf elements, so it wouldn't be that hard to film; and there's enough action/violence to sell it that way.

.. On the other hand, if they adapted it faithfully it'd be NC-17 and I'd never get in.

Honestly, I'd like to see less animal CGI'd movies. Too much fan uproar and I can't get over animals that are basically humans with animal shapes.

Edited by kadoatie