DigitalGarden

Floofy stuff made of pixels

Oh dear, I haven't been on here for so long. Thanks, self-employment, my beloved lesser evil which made me stop keeping up with site updates. ANYWAY, I think I'm back for a while, with arts, commissions, pixels, even Minecraft maybe, all the new content. I may be mostly posting timelapses of small things, sneakpeeks and newer works, but we shall see how it works out. Bigger pieces in links as they'll ruin the page otherwise.

---

Commissioned: character and species references

Unique dragon design

Anthro pheasant

A fluffy dragoness

Commissioned: pixels dragons!<3

user posted imageuser posted image

---

Game art timelapse #001

I'm... not sure whether it's possible to embed the video in the post, so again, I'm posting the link. This is my first timelapse I've ever done, I've never really recorded any of my art and all the progress could be only seen on static screenshots. I think I did good enough, though I was given a tip to speed up the next video even more, shorten the time to 15 minutes max, and perhaps add some sort of a commentary if I feel confident enough... The last part will need to wait, I'm shy.

Another one for the same petsite will be compiled for St. Patrick's day quite soon-- oops, spoilers!

---

Personal art

Character sketch reference - Val the Enderman (MINECRAFT FAN-OC - CONTAINS GAME SPOILERS. Also contains typos I'm fully aware of!)

I wish I had more time to polish my personal stuff, currently all I can do are quick sketches like this one. Still, gotta say I've got a pretty odd take on the blocky mobs. And I still need to logically explain the existence of her cat form. Aaand basically, I want to remake the reference sheet eventually to 100% get rid of any signs of cubic forms. For now, enjoy the fluffy thing, and mind the pointy bits.

---

So, that's it for the intro for now, updates shall go in new posts.

As I have mentioned, I'm open for commissions; real world currencies only, so if you're below 18 years old, please ask your parent/supervisor for permission. Message for details if interested.

Edited by Light Concorde

I randomly found this thread from your signature and I love the fluffy dragoness art you have there! I really like how you did the wings and the face.

I also really like the pixel dragons, specially the first adult and the second egg (I just love the shading on those, it feels very clean yet still shows the texture).

I just saw this thread from "new posts" search. Wow.. I love Czalan! Looks so majestic and the colors are so soothing to my eyes. I specially love how the orange softly blends into the green at tips, I don't know why but in my mind I wouldn't imagine green and orange to look good, but you clearly showed me how it can. Muinaru kinda creeps me out but in a good way haha so I guess that's okay? xd.png Again, amazing details on the feather/tail.

My personal favorite is Panssari <3333 I would huggle it if it weren't so big with those crazy claws but he is so cute! Now I want to adopt one of those D:

Hello, thank you for your kind responses! I've just posted another timelapse, for the same petsite as in the OP c: Except, edited better I hope.

Edited by Orchi'dea

Aww, that light blue dragon all curled up is too cute. Like a sleeping kitty, I want to pet but know I shouldn't.

Thank you Sock<3 He's like a big big kitty indeed.

Spoiler/plans: I want to find some time and record some spriting! I may eventually stream some too, but for now, it'll have to wait.

It may be a little bit early but - Happy Easter everyone! Here's another timelapse for Verpets. Except it's all eggs. Many eggs. Strange eggs.

Eggs.

Edited by Orchi'dea

user posted image

Commission of someone's anthropomorphic character. Getting carried away with colors is... pretty normal for this art tier. Enjoy your rainbows.

Also please tell me if it's stretching the page too much. I'll fix it when I can.

Eyyyy people, I'm spriting stuff! *hopes for some sort of life in this thread*

user posted image

Timelapse:

I'm working on animating this one as well; the process will not be recorded.
Edited by Orchi'dea

Thank youuuu~!

Another one, someone's dragon on Flight Rising, animated! No process recorded, the amount of detail required took a longer while to render.

user posted image

Thank you again<3

OH HEY REMEMBER THIS LITTLE THING?

Eyyyy people, I'm spriting stuff! *hopes for some sort of life in this thread*

user posted image

Timelapse:

I'm working on animating this one as well; the process will not be recorded.

This fella is animated now! Sadly GIF format cannot handle the partial transparency of the antlers at all, so I had to "downgrade" it to make every pixel 100% visible. Still not bad, though I need to practice flames/waves/smoke more for sure.

user posted image

All these sprites look amazing, you're great at what you do! I really like the newest one with the animation, it's smooth and makes the sprite look so lively.

Aaaaaa these sprites are so good! <3 I recently got into pixelart, and I started working on a outdoors scene completely pixelated, but I'm afraid I may have bitten off more than I can chew...

Edit: Your Fae is absolutely gorgeous <3 <3 The bright colors remind me of those old pc click adventure games

Edited by Faolyn

The fae and the animated nature spirit are really good! O^O Words cannot express my awe.

Thank you thank you thank you<3

SO UM. I've been recording some actual, big digital art too. I can't do the whole thing in one sitting - especially with this heat over here - so the timelapses have to come in parts.

Part I: lineart

Part II may cover either the background + flats, or flats + shading. I'm not sure which way to pick, and both ways are good.

These are amazing! I was mesmerized watching you sprite the nature spirit, you're truly very talented, can't wait to see more of your stuff!