LadyNightshade

Pokemon Sun and Moon

user posted image

user posted image

Images from a trailer of Corocoro have been shown and show the silhouette of a brand new pokemon called Magiana (マギアナ)!

user posted image

http://serebii.net/corocoro3161.jpg

Corocoro has always been a means of official announcements from The Pokemon Company, so this is very legit

Generation 7 is coming!

Reasoning:

New pokemon have never been retroactively added to pokemon games. Although 3DS games are capable of DLC, X/Y never received the new megas from ORAS and the game creators stated they have/had no plans on retroactively adding them. With that attitude it seems highly unlikely that this new pokemon would be added to the games.

Likewise, it does not appear to be a new form of an old pokemon because it has a new name. New forms have always been a variant of the original pokemon (E.G. giratina origin forme, black kyurem).

It's not unusual for new pokemon to be announced before the announcement of a new generation. Togepi, Snubbull, and Marill were all shown in the first movie and anime before Gold and Silver had been announced.

It's been not quite 3 years since Gen 6 (X/Y) has been released. It was a 3 year gap between Black/White and X/Y being released, before that it as a 4 year gap between Diamond/Pearl and Black/White.

In addition, with it being pokemon's 20th anniversary this month, it seems very likely that we will be getting news of the next generation of pokemon games!

What do you all most want out of a brand new game?

Do you think Pokemon Z is going to happen?

(Personally I think yes. I think Z will happen later this year and Gen 7 will happen sometime next year)

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Ken Sugimori (Game Freak's Art Director) announced that in the 7th gen everything may back simpler, like in Red and Blue.

Some cool rumors speak about a region inspired to the China, or a Chinese-like remake of Sinnoh, and this new "China" is related to the "Strange Ornament" of X & Y.

Sorry for my italiannesch-englishian ;P

I enjoyed X and Y, but the story wasn't as strong as other regions. Black/2 and White/2 were another example, the story was better in those games, but it still left me wanting more. It seemed like once you beat the bad guys and then beat the main story the game was pretty much over except catching and training pokemon and rekicking the elite 4's butt over and over.

I'd like a story-line that's ongoing. Something that you can always expand on and follow even after the above has been beaten.

I also want a villain with different motives. Team Rocket is my favorite evil group because they didn't claim their actions were for the good of the planet or the people. They did it because they could and they were greedy and evil. Lysander just made me want to roll my eyes with his deluded vision, but Ghetsis from T. Plasma was a tough opponent and he was so evil. I want a villain like him or Giovanni. I want a challenge when fighting him and I want to enjoy thoroughly beating his butt.

I'd also like more Megas because those are fun and awesome, and I think there may be a good chance of that happening since they wanted to make a Mega Flygon, but ran out of time. I also want it to be hard to choose a starter. Only the first three regions made it hard to choose a starter, but the others were easy. I'd pick Turtwig, Snivy and Fenniken over any of the others. (not that Oshawatt and Tepig aren't great, I just like Snivy better)

If we could get another starter whose final evolution looks like a dragon, that would be awesome.

Other then that, I guess my only other wish would be to have two new Eeveelutions. Hopefully a dragon type will be one of them?

Edited by Syiren

I totally agree on more story post game. ORAS touched on it with delta episode but it definitely needs more.

I also would like more eeveelutions. Dragon definitely as a counterpart to sylveon. I'd also like to see a flying type eeveeluton.

I also agree on better villains. They've been just refaces of each other it's getting kind of dull.

What do you think the legendary trio/box legendary pair will be based on? Another set of mythology? If they did a China based region it would be cool to have legendaries based on Chinese folklore and legends!

i just want more pokemon games

also i didnt see it posted so here's the actual full art of the new pokemon

user posted image

" Its classification is Man-Made Pokémon. No type has been revealed. Posses a metalic body, text confirms it was 'made by human hands'. It was made over 500 years ago. Volcanion is chasing Magiana, only it knows Magiana's secret. The movie is to be called Volcanion and the Exquisite Mechanical Magiana"

source

i like them they remind me a little of bb-8 theyre super cute

im betting theyre steel/fairy maybe?

edit now that im looking at it more its lower body looks a lot like a pokeball but it might be a coincidence

Edited by Switch

I totally agree on more story post game. ORAS touched on it with delta episode but it definitely needs more.

I also would like more eeveelutions. Dragon definitely as a counterpart to sylveon. I'd also like to see a flying type eeveeluton.

I also agree on better villains. They've been just refaces of each other it's getting kind of dull.

What do you think the legendary trio/box legendary pair will be based on? Another set of mythology? If they did a China based region it would be cool to have legendaries based on Chinese folklore and legends!

Delta episode was awesome. The Deoyxs battle reminded me of the start of the 7th pokemon movie. (except I always seem to 1-hit KO the space pokemon...oops.)

Flying would be great. I was watching a youtube video earlier about the 5 most wanted eeveelutions and flying was one of them. The guy said it could work by soaring in the sky with an eevee in your party and train it by battling the flying-type pokemon you run into in the sky. Eventually it'll evolve into a flying type. It works in a similar way that we get Glaceon and Leafeon.

Exactly, they've gotten really boring. always trying to make it seem they're doing it for the good of pokemon and the planet yadda yadda when it's just the boss trying to gain power for himself. Heck, why can't the head evil boss be female for a change? I just want something a little bit different or similar to Team Rocket. Heck, maybe even bring them back. So they failed in Kanto and they failed even further in Johto, whose to say someone can't revive them in this new region?

Oh wow, I didn't even think of the new legends. Hmm, I don't know much about Chinese Mythology, but I know their symbols are very specific when it comes to animals. I tiger would work for one of the main legends and maybe a dragon for the other? Sort of like the whole 'crouching tiger hidden dragon' theme. As for the trio set, I have no idea.

Speaking of Chinese legends, I wonder if Archanine will get a mega form? He was considered a legendary and didn't China get a special movie for him? I also haven't seen Grolithe in any of the latest games, so it makes me wonder if Growlithe will have some impact in the new gen games. I hope so, because among fire types he's one of my favs.

@Switch That looks pretty awesome. Her head kinda looks like the cogs on a Klink and its evolutions while its base looks a lot like a heal ball. Perhaps she was the the inspiration for the poke ball? Considering it was created over 500 years ago it may be possible. i'm really looking forward to getting Volcanion since it's rumored to be both fire and water type. Something we've never had before with the exception of Castform.

i just want more pokemon games

also i didnt see it posted so here's the actual full art of the new pokemon

user posted image

" Its classification is Man-Made Pokémon. No type has been revealed. Posses a metalic body, text confirms it was 'made by human hands'. It was made over 500 years ago. Volcanion is chasing Magiana, only it knows Magiana's secret. The movie is to be called Volcanion and the Exquisite Mechanical Magiana"

source

i like them they remind me a little of bb-8 theyre super cute

im betting theyre steel/fairy maybe?

edit now that im looking at it more its lower body looks a lot like a pokeball but it might be a coincidence

That has got to be fake.

Oh man, I'm so stoked!!! Nothing gets me more pumped for Pokemon than new generations smile.gif She looks so cute! I wonder what her inspiration was. She makes me think of a mix between Klefki and that gear pokemon whose name I've forgotten.

I'd be pleased to see a new generation, but at this rate I'd be happy to get a new mainstream game, be it Z or a new generation game.

If the general trend is to be believed, the new generation should come out next year, though late this year is a possibility. I'm more inclined to think that we will get Z this year and gen 7 games next year. Whatever the case maybe, pokemon is still going strong!

If Gen 7 is inspired by China I will start screaming and never stop. I grew up in Beijing and I'm super into Chinese mythology. I've got a kind-of-a-fakemon-project going on and if that goes anywhere the version mascots are probably going to be based on Pangu and Nuwa.

People keep talking about the Four Symbols, and... idk, my family was never super religious or anything, but I always got the impression they're more of a mythological motif than legit gods or even literal animals? I don't know. Chinese folk religion has a hell of a lot of cool stuff though (there's one guy that people traditionally bribe with sweets at the end of every year so he doesn't tell heaven about all the bad things you've done) so if the rumours are true I'd love to see some of that represented in the legendaries!

The new Pokemon is adorable and the scan's from Corocoro so it's probably legit, but now that 3DS patches are a thing it could just be an expansion to the existing generation? Apparently Hoopa and Mega Lati@s were hard-coded into XY and hackers found them really quickly, so this might be an attempt to get around that. Then again they didn't patch the new megas into XY so who knows.

That has got to be fake.

Serebii and Bulbapedia both reported it from corocoro. Believe me I was skeptical too but I f I thought it was fake I wouldn't have posted it. Besides the silhouette matches the corocoro cover revealed earlier

Edited by Switch

I know that it's the whole point of the games, but I think it might be nice to choose between earning badges or something else. maybe you want to be a great daycare person or pokemon doctor.

I think it'd be awesome to have a game with other career choices, even if they make it a post game thing. Maybe even have a gym leader choice. You could open your own gym in a town that you can get to after becoming champion and build a gym.

would love to see new eeveelutions too, maybe a ghost or poision, something different.

I really want more smaller towns. More to pass through on your way to gym towns or big cities instead of just long routes.

They should change up the villain battles. Maybe instead of butting in and thwarting their plans you go on a spy mission to find their leader and bring the whole organization down.

If it's really going to be a Gen 7, I hope it comes out late next year.

Corocoro is always an official source outside of the company directly releasing the info. I wouldn't be surprised if the English site makes an announcement about the new pokemon soon.

I agree while it is possible to patch in new pokemon, the fact that they didn't patch in any of the new megas (or primals) from ORAS into X/Y makes it very unlikely that they'd patch in a new region/etc.

The new pokemon kind of reminds me of diancie but mechanical, and also a bunny (the "ears").

I know that it's the whole point of the games, but I think it might be nice to choose between earning badges or something else. maybe you want to be a great daycare person or pokemon doctor.

I think it'd be awesome to have a game with other career choices, even if they make it a post game thing. Maybe even have a gym leader choice. You could open your own gym in a town that you can get to after becoming champion and build a gym.

would love to see new eeveelutions too, maybe a ghost or poision, something different.

I really want more smaller towns. More to pass through on your way to gym towns or big cities instead of just long routes.

They should change up the villain battles. Maybe instead of butting in and thwarting their plans you go on a spy mission to find their leader and bring the whole organization down.

If it's really going to be a Gen 7, I hope it comes out late next year.

I love the idea of becoming a gym leader and doing other things besides just training.

Also, I like the poison Eeveelution idea, because we need something to counter the new fairy-type. Not that I don't adore my lv. 75 Sylveon, but she's kinda op against everything else. Heck, Drake can't even touch me and I used to fear that guy in the original games.

I'm not expecting this to be a new game. Rather, I'm still expecting a Pokémon Z (or X/Y sequels) that also add Magiana. Even if they intend to take us through Azoth to obtain it (unlikely, given the recent trend of events, unfortunately), this could be addressed through Pokémon Z in the form of Generation IV-style tickets for the new game. They wouldn't even have to patch other games, simply limit Magiana's trading abilities for the time being.

If we do get a Z, then I guess it is a possibility of Magiana being a gen 6. the only reason we saw Hoopa, Diancie and Volcanian is because they were coded into the games. I'll be happy with either option. So, what types do we think it might be? Steel is a possibility, but maybe psychic or fairy?

I think it's Steel/Fairy. Kind of a mecha counterpart to Diancie.

I guess I'm just super skeptical that they would add a completely new pokemon to one game in a generation and not make it available to the other versions (even with trade restrictions). Forms are one thing, but a new pokemon?

I mean it could happen, I just don't personally see it happening.

Regardless, I think we'll find out the answer later this month. I'm expecting a big announcement on the 27th!

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

I'm hoping for a new gen!

Honestly I just want a new game with new pokemon laugh.gif

Me too! I can't help but feel excited about the idea of a whole new gen. biggrin.gif Even though it's not everyone's thing, I would find a new gen awesome to see. The new pokemon looks adorable too, especially its ears somehow make me think of a moth which is also cute. I'm surely looking forward to the new game.

! I personally don't think it's a Gen 7 Pokemon just because the first Pokemon introduced in a region is traditionally the 3 starters. Ignoring that, I really hope the new region is based on China because it could possibly give Gamefreak the opportunity to add some cool Pokemon that have cultural meaning to China! Gamefreak just recently started making regions based off of other countries (USA & Paris) and I'm honestly really excited to see what they can do with other countries! I personally don't care if the game takes until next year, (I need to save up for it anyway) I'm just really excited for a new game!!!

I really doubt it's a new region, probably just an add-on to gen 6. There was only a small amount of pokemon introduced in gen 6 so there would be no reason for gen 7.

I just hope they have something big planned for the 20th anniversary. Aside from the legendary events and the merchandise. Have you guys seen the new figures and the pikachu plushie? So cute. wub.gif

I really doubt it's a new region, probably just an add-on to gen 6. There was only a small amount of pokemon introduced in gen 6 so there would be no reason for gen 7.

If it is a gen 6 add on I feel like its going against the trend. My memory isn't the best, but if I remember right, pokemon like Lucario, Zoroark, Manaphy and a few others were announced in movies before their generation was released, most of the other pokemon (Celebi, Suicune, Entei etc..) were already known about. It just seems weird that Pokémon would have another addition to Gen 6 when it wasn't previously known about, or wasn't found when that hacker found Hoopa, Diancie and Volcanion. Of course its entirely possible I'm wrong, but it just seems strange to me.

on a different note feel better!

Edited by dragontamer44722

If it is a gen 6 add on I feel like its going against the trend. My memory isn't the best, but if I remember right, pokemon like Lucario, Zoroark, Manaphy and a few others were announced in movies before their generation was released, most of the other pokemon (Celebi, Suicune, Entei etc..) were already known about. It just seems weird that Pokémon would have another addition to Gen 6 when it wasn't previously known about, or wasn't found when that hacker found Hoopa, Diancie and Volcanion. Of course its entirely possible I'm wrong, but it just seems strange to me.

on a different note feel better!

Yes, also Snubbull and Donphan were in the First Movie and Togepi appeared in the anime before Gold and Silver were released (the games were announced, but no pokemon had been shown before these ones).

In fact, X and Y showed off the box art legends before the starters if I recall correctly?

I don't really think this will be an add-on because I guess it just seems "unfair" if this requires a bunch of DLC. A lot of kids don't have internet access on a regular basis, or their parents won't let them pay for things online (because you better believe if this turns out to be massive DLC it's not going to be free). I don't think they'd alienate the younger audience with that method.

If it was an add-on exclusively to a pokemon z, well that wouldn't make much sense. The game couldn't communicate backwards with X/Y and ORAS unless there was a massive update to include the new pokemon. And considering they didn't do that for X/Y for all the new megas, it really seems unlikely that they'd add a handful of new pokemon retroactively.

History shows a new gen has been released every 3 or 4 years. X/Y came out in 2013 so it wouldn't be a huge surprise for them to announce a brand new game coming out next year or so.

Regardless, I'm still guessing we'll find out on the 27th. It's coming up fast!!

(Sidenote, yes the 20th anniversary stuff is looking cool. I need all the stupid card sets to get the mythical pokemon pins... And the Nendoroid Red Champion version, looks amazing)