Lastalda

Dragon Trees Breed Guide

Welcome to the all-new and fully updated Dragon Trees Breed Guide!

ALL the available Breeds with their standard Sprite Progression and all the important information (Availability, Breeding Behaviour, BSAs and Biomes), all neatly in one page!

Some of the more senior players may still know this site, but it had not been updated in almost 2 years and had some serious lack of updating before then. The original creator of the site has long left DC, I'm the last mod there is - and I have two very real-life busy years behind me.

BUT: I finally took the time to do what I've been meaning to do for 2 years. I wrote myself a little program which now makes updates easy peasy. And while I was at it (and since I had to re-upload and re-enter more than half the sprites because the old photobucket account where they were stored is obviously gone) I gave the site a complete makeover. Not only are important things like Biomes and BSAs included now, but I also arranged the info bulletpointlike instead of as plain text, which will hopefully make finding the relevant info easier.

I also included a direct link to the wiki page of the respective breed in every entry. I thought long and hard about this, but I came to the conclusion that I don't really see this guide as competition to the wiki. They have far more information, and are updated much faster and by more people. But I still see value in this page, because (if it's updated - and it will be from now on!) it has all the vital information on one page, which can be really helpful, e.g. when cavehunting.

To me, this page works best as complementing the wiki, not competing with it, which is why I've added the links.

Everything is up to date now, and will be updated in the future!

I expect to generally include new breeds within 2 weeks of TJ's adults growing up. I will not do it instantly, because there are often slight changes shortly after the Release, and there need to be adult dragons about to determine the Breeding behaviour of the new breeds. If you need it quicker, there's still always the wiki.

Tell me what you think!

Any opinions about the site in general, or the changes? Any information you want to see included or excluded? Spotted any mistakes?

Post here! (Or you can PM me, but I'd prefer a post here.)

Edited by Lastalda

*reserved* (Just in case I ever need it)

You're welcome to post now. smile.gif

Thank you for taking the time to update this guide! I had not used it for quite awhile because it was out of date, but I like it a lot. I find it easier to use than the wiki, but it is nice to have the wiki links, too.

Yay! I'm glad that someone beside me finds the all-on-one-page concept easier to use (though I do love the wiki for it's vast ammount of information). :-)

Thank you for taking the time to update this guide! I had not used it for quite awhile because it was out of date, but I like it a lot.

My reason for not using it for awhile also. Thank you for the update, the site looks great!

I'm glad you like it. biggrin.gif

Mini-Update:

I just added infos about the tanning behaviour of the luminas and the spitfire children of UVs. smile.gif

*bump*

Also, I just corrected "UVs can breed spitfires when bred with UVs or Purples" to "UVs can breed Spitfires with any dragon". (I didn't know until just now, but it just happened to me (UV x Shallow Water => Spitfire), and the wiki agrees, so I'm not the first.)

This is a great site. A minor issue: you don't seem to have the new info about Geodes being able to produce Geodes when bred with other breeds, too.

This happened while I was on vacation, but I corrected it just now.

Thanks a lot for the heads-up, I might have missed it otherwise. smile.gif

Edited by Lastalda

Its always a great idea to have more than just one source (link) for information, just in case something happens to a previous link...

Update:

I have just included the August Release dragons. (So far none of them seem to show odd breeding behaviour, so I've included them with the standard info for now.)

My little updating tool has successfully proven that it allows the easy updates I wanted (and that I still understand it without the slightest problems after not using it for several months xd.png). Yay! smile.gif

@Rachel72:

what do you mean, more than one link?

The direct link would be http://dragontreeswikidotcom/breed-guide, but as you can see, it doesn't work from here like a normal link should. This is an artifact from back when discussing what egg hatches into which dragons etc. was forbidden on the forums. Dragon Trees was one of the first fansites not adhering to this, so posting direct links to it was made impossible.

The rule has long gone, but the links still don't work (unlike links to the DC wiki, for example). So we have to make do with shortlink-services like tiny.cc (which I've used for years for all my DC links and so far they've been very reliable).

So the only way of a "backup link" I can see would be creating a second, similar link via another shortlink site... is that what you have in mind?

@TwilitProphet:

I'm glad you like it. smile.gif

Edited by Lastalda

I actually prefer this site over the Wiki. Everything is in one place. It's quick and easy.

Bookmarked it happy.gif

Just a little bump to hopefully keep the thread from getting deleted. Nothing new to report, though (since there was no Release since August).

Edited by Lastalda

I have started to move the sprite pictures within the photobucket account storing them into alphabetical subfolders. This means that while I make updates, image links might be temporarily broken, but should be fixed again within half an hour or so.

It will be quite some work, but having all sprites within one flat folder is becoming unmanagable - it's easy to add new stuff, but looking up whether I'm missing a particular sprite is no fun whatsoever.

Also, this is a good opportunity to add the few dozen sprites still linked from Alia's other photobucket account, which is still active but I can't say how long, since she stopped playing years ago. When I'm through, all sprites will be consistently linked from the same place, which I maintain so they should be safe.)

On the outside (apart from the temporary link breaks, and perhaps a few actual link fixes) nothing should change. smile.gif

Done smile.gif

Edited by Lastalda

thank you for the awesome site after not playing for almost a year it helped me fill in the gaps of ones i was missing smile.gif

Update:

Wrapping-Wing Dragons are now added to the breed-guide.

Will hopefully get around to adding the new Shimmer-scales within this week.

Update:

Shimmer-scales are now included, which brings the breed-guide completely back up to date. smile.gif

I have also slightly restructured the "Rares"-section, adding subcategories to keep things orderly. smile.gif

Also, I'm finally done with sorting and moving the sprite files within the photobucket account, so all the aprites are now where they belong, and all links should be updated and fixed and working now. smile.gif

Whew! That was a major bit of work there, but I'm glad I did it. smile.gif

Edited by Lastalda

First of all I would like to say that I simply love your guide, I use all the time and recommend to my friends who are also DC players.

I hope you can update the guide with the latest releases as soon as possible because I'm missing the new dragons like the speckle throat, the dark crimsons and the new hybrid that I don't know the name.

Keep the good job, the site is very useful and easy to use!

Thank you for nudging me. I kinda lost track of this, and then I lost the password to the photobucket account I use for the sprites... xd.png

Everything is up to date again, now!

Newly included:

- Arsani

- Speckle-Throated Dragons

- Royal Crimson

- Soulpeace