SickThing

DC Photography Contest #129

Welcome to the Photography Contest!

Where you submit photos you've taken and users vote on which photo they like the best.

Deadline: April 1st

This time the theme is: Sea & Lake

Basically any form of a big, wide water. No Rivers, Streams or Puddles. smile.gif

Examples:

North Sea

Autumn Lake

Rules

- One entry per person

- Picture has to be made by yourself and can't be just a reproduction of someone's work. If someone else's work is in the picture, there needs to be something extra.

- No manipulation besides basic photo adjustments (contrast, exposure, cropping, color balance, lighting, etc.)

- No text or framing in the photo. A signature/watermark is just fine, but it's preferable if you don't have "O Hai Eye Hav3 T3XT" (or something similar) present in the photo.

- When voting, please don't select your own image. This will ensure fairness.

- You are free to submit an old photo; you don't need to take a new one just for this competition.

- Winner hosts the next contest.

Previous themes:

1: Beginning anew / 2: Simplicity / 3: Summer / 4: Wildlife / 5: Black & White / 6: Food / 7: Macro / 8: Farewell / 9: Light and Shadow / 10: Urban

11: In the home / 12: Travel Photography / 13: Pets / 14: Red / 15: Coupled Animals / 16: Clouds / 17: Green / 18: Water / 19: Scenic views / 20: Invertebrates

21: Sunrise/Sunset / 22: Purple / 23: Out of Context / 24: Snow / 25: Flowers / 26: Mountains / 27: Old / 28: Birds / 29: Inanimate Objects / 30: New Life

31: Play / 32: Road / 33: Leaves / 34: People / 35. Books / 36. Statues / 37. Nighttime / 38. Candy / 39: Fruits / 40: Reflection

41: Transportation / 42: Trees / 43: Happiness / 44: Communication / 45: Youth / 46: Colors / 47: New Year / 48: Music / 49: Contrast / 50: Pink

51: Spring / 52: The first letter of your username / 53: Party! / 54. White / 55. Weather / 56: Buildings / 57: Union / 58: Doors, gates and windows / 59: Texture / 60: Pairs

61: Your Favourite / 62: Mushrooms / 63: Happy holidays / 64: Treasure / 65: Bells / 66: Warmth / 67: Blue / 68: Center / 69: Zoo / 70: Memories

71: Chitin / 72: Garden / 73: Silhouette / 74: Darkness / 75: W / 76: Small / 77: Silly / 78: Toys / 79: Three / 80: Autumn

81: Yellow / 82: Macro / 83. Horizon / 84. Winter/Christmas / 85: Skies / 86: Baked Goods / 87: Your Home town / 88: Abandoned places / 89: F / 90: Fears

91: Adventure / 92: Detail / 93: Illumination / 94: Colour Orange / 95: Black and white / 96: Abstract / 97: Unnoticed / 98: Fire / 99: History / 100: Bridges

101: Wild animal close ups / 102: Street Lights / 103: Hobby / 104: Three / 105: Eyes / 106: Unappreciated / 107: Desk / 108: Opposites / 109: Mechanical Parts / 110: Monuments

111: The bond / 112: Action / 113: Up / 114: Spooky / 115: Self / 116: Extreme Weather / 117: Patterns / 118: Down / 119: Ground / 120: Brown

121: Softness / 122: C / 123: Summer / 124: Flowers / 125: Gathering / 126. Living Room / 127. v1 Crystal/Gemstone / 127.v2 Nostalgia / 128: Mammals

I've been waiting for a theme like this for a while~ I'll be entering Oceanside Sunrise c:

Says access is limited to members of Deviant Art only?

I like Duck & Carp! biggrin.gif

I have three that work for now:

Underwater ray

or

Ocean view

or

Ocean at sunset...

I second Duck&Carp! (And wow, that is a big river.)

Lagie, that ray one is really cool and would be my choice.

~

I have a ton of sunset ocean pics. I can look through them, but I'm pretty sure they're all pretty bad quality. Ironically, my favorite water pic is one high up overlooking a river down in the canyon. Ironic since I can't enter it. (Not sure where the pic is either tbh. The copy I have might have been taken by a friend...)

Alright, this is a little tiny bit better than my crappy quality, so going to go ahead and enter Hawaiian Shore. Tiny picture because I'm not sure where my original is. D|

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

This is a picture I took of Hanging Lake in Colorado. Took some pretty nasty falls climbing and descending the mountain to get to it but it was so worth it.

Hanging Lake

Could I enter with this picture ?

It's a picture of the archipelago near my apartment. I've simply named it Island View.

This is a picture I took of Hanging Lake in Colorado. Took some pretty nasty falls climbing and descending the mountain to get to it but it was so worth it.

Hanging Lake

Ooh, that is gorgeous! Must have been a beautiful climb.

Ooh, that is gorgeous! Must have been a beautiful climb.

it was until 3/4 of the way up when the ground became a sheet of ice. As you can imagine that's when I started taking the falls. The woods and river that was running through it were gorgeous too. I ended up making friends with a squirrel. they really like cranberries and granola lol.