Yubelchen

Monster Hunter

So, theres no Monster Hunter topic, so i made one.

Here all Hunters can tell about there triumphs and Problems.

I play Monster Hunter Freedom 1 and Unite on the PSP.

In 1 i must start a new Game, my old got lost

but in Unite i must only kill the Ukanlos (I don´t know the english Name of that Beast xd.png)

So and you all?^^

Edited by Yubelchen

Ello!

i'm also playing monster hunter freedom unite xd.png that game is seriously fun.

i'm also wearing full narga s armor and all have all narga weapons.

finished the game, it took 3 ful years off my life but it was actually pretty fun.

Finish? Cool^^

In Moment i wear the this big green Longsword (Große Bedrohliche Sense) with poison and the death Armor S-class (Todesgestankrüstung S-Klasse).

(I don´t know the english names of the Weapons or Armor-.-)

Freedom Unite is epic. It was the most popular thing EVER when I lived in Japan, and now I liive in England everyone's like "Ooh, Monster Hunter, how nerdy".

I live on Brazil so Monster hunter is not so popular here.

I need to buy a PSP to play MH:Freedom unite,but a PSP is very expensive here.

I have a PS2 and i still have the first Monster hunter i almost bought a PS2 network but then i discovered that there is no more Monster hunter 1 On-line server.I still need to slay the Yian Kut-ku.

Ah, the Yain Kut-Ku^^

There are soo sweet, look in my Signature, but i must kill this dragon in MH1 too.

But i can only fight with sword and shield -.-

People still have trouble with YKK? tongue.gif

Yeah...

I remember now one of my epic fails:

I was happily fighting the Kut-ku,I was winning,but he flew away,i searched for him on the entire map,but he was in the last place i looked,he was sleeping.He recovered his entire health...

No need to say what happened...

Edited by Hitman_47

Monster hunter freedom 3 comes out tomorrow! biggrin.gif

Also, I'm gonna hunt my first narga in MHFU, wish me luck. smile.gif

... You really had me going there. Had me scrambling to find news I might've somehow missed. D:

Monster Hunter Portable 3 is coming out tomorrow. As in the Japanese version. Freedom is the English port, and MHF3 is due sometime in the next year. Slight difference, but exists. :x

Edited by Lythiaren

I have played MHF, MHFU, and MHTri (wii).

I intend to play tri a bunch more when I get home (didn't bring my wii up here with me sad.gif ). But I've pretty much maxed out everything in MHF and MHFU.

I love killing Kirin because they r perty!

OK story time. The first time i saw a Gympasuarus/gyppie i was scared because he was rampaging like he was on crack (he probably was) in the nature hallway area in the first type of map you go in. Oh and the cats tried ransacking me ( they succeeded at one point). KIRIN DIES EPICALLY!!!

NOTICE: The story was when i sucked duck. I am 20 million times better now.

I have not played in awile so i don't remember names or areas that well, ican only picture them.

... You really had me going there. Had me scrambling to find news I might've somehow missed. D:

Monster Hunter Portable 3 is coming out tomorrow. As in the Japanese version. Freedom is the English port, and MHF3 is due sometime in the next year. Slight difference, but exists. :x

Oops, sorry.

But anyway, the game's awesome! biggrin.gif Already cleared chief's * quests.

Reading all this Japanese can be a pain, but I'm happy it works on my PSP.

I just hope it's possible to convert my save files to work with MHF3 when it comes out.

I failed to find the other thread...

But anyway, I know a few people here play this game. I encourage you to get your friends to play this game so we get a larger fan community, cause if we don't, Capcom is gonna keep cancelling more games.

/motivation speech ends.

MH3 is a clunky fail, imo. I tried to enjoy it. I really did. I just... :<

So I went back to MHFU. >>

Maybe MHF3 will be more successful. I just hate Wii controls, even with a pro controller. Whyyyyy did they make it so we had to put the torch away to mine? Bloody hate Giggis and they always come after meeeeee.

Edited by Lythiaren

MH3 is a clunky fail, imo. I tried to enjoy it. I really did. I just... :<

So I went back to MHFU. >>

Maybe MHF3 will be more successful. I just hate Wii controls, even with a pro controller. Whyyyyy did they make it so we had to put the torch away to mine? Bloody hate Giggis and they always come after meeeeee.

You dont, you just gonna hold a button.

With the controller? iirc there's no way to mine without putting the torch away unless you're using wiimote/nunchuck. :|

It's one of the biggest things that turned me away from the game. The other being the fact that 3D movement is so hard to get down right, especially with the camera always wanting to be in my character's crotch while underwater.

Edited by Lythiaren

With the controller? iirc there's no way to mine without putting the torch away unless you're using wiimote/nunchuck. :|

It's one of the biggest things that turned me away from the game. The other being the fact that 3D movement is so hard to get down right, especially with the camera always wanting to be in my character's crotch while underwater.

That shouldnt be something to complain about, there is like 2 maps that u need to mine without light in it. Camera has always been a problem, buts its not that bad.

Love Monster Hunter. I use Hammers, Switch Axes and SnS. My favorite monster is Gobul. It eats faces. And looks like it could fire its Lazor.

Also, you can mine with torch with Pro. Just hold R and mine.

Edited by eltica

That shouldnt be something to complain about, there is like 2 maps that u need to mine without light in it.  Camera has always been a problem, buts its not that bad.

I've long since mastered the claw grip on my controller, sir. It's the fact that your controller choice can completely erode the usefulness of an entire mechanic that bothers me. I've played with the double claw grip on my PSP and on my Go as well, I shouldn't be forced to master the advanced 7-finger super-claw on the wiimote in order to use a torch while gathering, purely to see if Gigginox is about to jump on me.

And you seem to have completely missed the fact that I mentioned camera in criticism of underwater movement. Movement on a 3D plane has always been incredibly hard to set up intuitively. The claw grip is necessary in Monster Hunter because you need to watch the boss to read its movements while you're moving yourself. Having to use your camera to steer up so you can assess the situation is not helpful if Lagia just started the lightning ball right when you turned around.

Edited by Lythiaren

With a Classic controller the game improves it controls a lot, with the classic i can use all the tipes of weapons, is so good the controller that killed giant deviljho and it didn't touched me.

I have the Monster Hunter Freedom one ( NOT UNITE ). It is the best game i have ever played. I am having a little trouble with four horns but I will kill those ugly monsters this week. I can't wait till i beat this one and get the MHFU game. I don't know how they can possibly improve this beastly game but they did. Does anyone find the Yian Kut ku, Gypceros, Rathlos and Khezu completely psycho? Cause i do!

ninja.gif

Gyp just moves around a lot. Los and Khezu aren't so bad once you get used to them, really... they're actually quite predictable (though Los is annoying at times, SPAM CHARGE FOREVER :V) and it's pretty easy to pick up on their cues as they give you quite a bit of warning before they do stuff.

YKK is the least predictable wyvern because his cues are short and many of his attacks share the same cue. But once you have him down it's not so bad, just remember he only spins counterclockwise. Stay on his left and you're good.

Unless it's the supercharged mini Kut-ku fight where you're not allowed gear or items. Have fun with that one. :V

Edited by Lythiaren