Skypool

Which Type of Character Do You Seem to Favor?

Which one? Read below for more clarification.  

434 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Whether we're aware of this or not, a lot of our favorite characters from TV shows, games, books, etc have something in common... Which type do you find yourself gravitating towards (favor-wise) the most?

Vote and discuss! smile.gif

I honestly find myself a big fan of the motherly type people for some reason.

Edited by Skypool

It really depends on the story and what settings the characters are in. I tend to favor the more goofball adult characters with brilliant minds (ex: Richard Castle from Castle, Shawn Spencer from Psych, or Patrick Jane from The Mentalist) or the goofball characters who have questionable disorders of some sort (David Creegan from the US Version of Touching Evil or Daniel Pierce from Perception). But, I also like complete opposite, the darker more emotionless characters, in stories as well. It just really depends for me.

Also, notable that I don't normally care for Villians in stories, but I love Loki's character, so... n_n;

Edited by MysticTiger

It really depends on the story and what settings the characters are in. I tend to favor the more goofball adult characters with brilliant minds (ex: Richard Castle from Castle, Shawn Spencer from Psych or Patrick Jane from The Mentalist). But, I also like complete opposite, the darker more emotionless characters, in stories as well. It just really depends for me.

My taste in character persona is pretty much the same.

I usually find myself gravitating towards the main characters, though, for whatever reason. 8|

I like those who show a lot of emotion as well as those who show little of it. Also, villainous = awesome. For me, at least. :D

Mine's almost a tie between the villainous and stoic types. I'm leaning more towards villainous because they tend to have the deepest characterization and development. And, let's face it, evil in fiction is pretty flippin' sweet.

Psychopathic villains. Always.

Artistic characters are nice too as I can often relate to them.

Motherly always seems to be the best for me, i cant do a villain, but there have been times where ive done a kind of bi-polar, that was fun

Heh. I was pretty surprised by the results, actually.

I used to almost ALWAYS like the arrogant characters, as long as they got their comeuppance every once in awhile for being priiiicks. xd.png Now, not so sure, but I voted for the arrogant sonuvas anyway.

Edited by Zovesta

Hmm, on this list I'm not completely certain. I picked adventurous just 'cause I like the idea of adventures and traveling and trying new things. My favorite characters are usually the friends. The kind that stick with one through thick and thin but won't hesitate to give one a slap should one needs it.

I tend to like the main character in books, movies, etc. I think because that is who you are given the most information about and whose head you can get inside the most to see their ideas, feelings, whatever. But if my favorite is not the main character then usually it's their best friend.

I always think of Horatio in Hamlet as an example. I don't know why.

You know, I've never really thought about it until now. O__O And I really have no idea. All of my characters seem to have varying personalities. Gale was my favorite in the Hunger games, Iggy and Dylan were tied in Maximum Ride, Rasklonikov was my favorite character in Crime and Punishment, Loki was my favorite in the Trylle series, Tom was my favorite in rot and ruin and in Incarceron Finn is currently my favorite. (I could go on forever listing my favorite characters)

Other than all of them being male I can't figure out what they have in common. :/ My favorite character also in nearly every book dies. It's like a curse I have ;~;

I only recently found out that I like the bold types most. Even my OC Kyzaro proves to be one of those types tongue.gif

I'm assuming it's partly due to my autism. I feel very pathetic, like I'm a nobody, and try to bring myself out more with these bold characters...if you understand that.

I don't seem to have a favorite personality type; the closest would be "either intentionally or unintentionally does not mix well with normal society".

The weird thing is, my most favorite characters aren't human even though they look mostly human. For example, Alex Mercer from Prototype, the Doctor from Doctor Who and Vash the Stampede from Trigun. Maybe it's because sometimes I feel like they need hugs ;_;

I don't really have a favorite character type at all... It really depends for me, but I kinda like them all to some degree. XD

I generally don't like the arrogant, jerkish characters though. Every second they're onscreen I'm like "Would you get your freakin' comeuppance already?!"

I especially hate it when a character has been a jerk for the entire series and then suddenly they have a five second comeuppance and after that everyone loves them and they act completely nice despite being a jerk five seconds ago.

/suddenly, RANT!

I love all the characters, but of the ones on that poll, my Top 5 would be...

Villainous, Mischievous/Prankster, Stoic/Emotionless, Philosopher, and Adventurous/Bold.

I voted Villainous because they're my homies, so to speak.

I voted for other, as I tend to lean towards the nice, innocent characters that turn out to be psychopaths. Or very eccentric types. I seem to have a soft spot for the idiot savants and ax crazy people.

I can't seem to choose between some options xd.png

I love pranksters and ones with bleak views on life. Stoic/emotionless ones are also very attractive sometimes.

;_; I like depressed characters, I guess. I also have a thing for those arrogant ones, even though they get on my nerves sometimes. I haven't yet come across a philosopher character, but I might like him/her.

I voted for other. I usually gravitate towards a person that has had a hard life and is really cool, but is soft on the inside and just wants something ti hold on to. Though it is a major exaggeration, I feel it reflects my life, as I resemble them, somewhat. Online, I am more outgoing, though, since none of you can really judge me as a person. xd.png That's how I feel, at least.

i tend to like the Depressed/Horrible Outlook on Life Type and the Stoic/Emotionless Type. i was going to vote the first of the two but i accidentally hit "view results" first. X3 whoops. so ill comment instead. lol. many of my favorite characters tend to be a cross of the two, or a crazed madman. so yeh. :>

Really don't have a favorite type of character, even though my favorites tend to be snarkers.

Villainous/Mischievous/Prankster/Smart types are my favorite. But I voted villainous since I gravitate toward them all the time.

I voted for Adventurous/Bold since in most of the books/movies I had experinced, the Adventures ones always give a good plot making a very interesting book/film.

For example, Harry, in Harry Potter was very adventurous which made one of the best series I have ever read.

Or maybe Katniss, from Hunger Games. She was very Bold and once again, The Hunger Games is also one of the best series I have read.

I like characters that have a good balance of all human character attributes, sometimes a story gets old because of the main character staying linear in the way that they act.

I prefer the type of character who is intuitive enough to guess things before they happen (much like the reader). I find it tedious when a book drags out "suspension" that a reader has already grasped the concept of. Too much foreshadowing makes for a boring book. So when a character in said situation understands, it advances to the next part much faster. Does that make sense? Lol

For villains, I tend to gravitate towards the ones where the lines are blurred; they're not completely evil and have reasons for their actions. However, I do like a villain who believes himself honorable. So, yes I do favor moralistic villains, as contradictory as that sounds.

For the rest, I prefer quiet characters. And by that, I mean background characters who don't get much spotlight, because they're just... mysterious. You get shown a lot about the protagonist and the antagonist, but the minor characters you can imagine their motivations and their past for yourself.