Pryanka

The Dragonriders of Pern Lineage 2.0

user posted image

Art by Dirtytabs | (I have permission from mishii to take over/revive this lineage)

The Concept |

The Dragonriders of Pern is a lineage project that adheres - mostly - to the weyrs and breeding rules of Anne McAffrey's Dragonrider of Pern series. In Pernese fashion, the project will have six weyrs, all in the Northern Continent of Pern. There is room for expansion into the Southern Continent if this project takes off and additional weyrs are needed. Users will belong to a weyr and can register their Pern lineage projects under that weyr. All of the dragons of Pern can be found in our Master Spreadsheet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE DRAGON LINEAGE PROJECT |

The six Weyrs (rhymes with "here") are different dragon strongholds. Each Weyr's leader is the Owner of the Senior Queen (A Female CB Gold, Gold Tinsel, or Gold Shimmerscale). These Senior Queens mate with a CB Bronze or Brown Mate (See the color category for what is acceptable). Any gold eggs a Senior Queen produces is a Junior Queen egg. There will be bred junior queens as well as caveborn junior queens (CB Sunsong or CB Golden Wyvern) that users can use to create their lineages.

If you wish to retire your Senior Queen, the owner of a Junior Queen in the Weyr (if any) will take leadership. If there is no Junior Queen, then the Weyr will be open to anybody's claim again.

CANON BREEDING - The Senior Queen belongs to the Weyrleader, and can only breed with a CB Bronze or Brown mate. Avoid inbreeding. Resulting gold eggs are junior queens, and they can breed with caveborn OR bred Bronze or Brown mates. (Remember, gold females breed with bronze or brown males). If you're trying to create a checker lineage, feel free to request a 2nd gen mate for your Pernese offspring.

Canon Gender and Breeding Information |

Gold and Green dragons are female.

Bronze, Brown, and Blue dragons are male.

Use Influence and Precognition when necessary if you want to create a canon lineage. PM me if you need help with that.

NON CANON BREEDING - The Senior Queen must stick to canon and breed only with CB Bronze or Brown mates. Weyrleaders can create non-canon lineages with other dragons as long as the Senior Queen and her mate stick to canon. Forum users can join a weyr, and then breed ANY lineage they want using the dragons in the gold, bronze, brown, green, and blue categories. Follow the naming scheme and register the lineage to your weyr if you want to allow others to request an egg. No gender rules apply to non-canon breeding.

DRAGON LINEAGE PROJECT - Naming Scheme - "[Name]th of Pern"

All dragon names in Pern end with a "th". The name will be followed by "of Pern" to indicate that the dragons are part of this project.

Here is a random Pern dragon name generator if anybody needs help coming up with a name. (Examples: Tiath of Pern, Samenth of Pern, etc.)

THE FIRE LIZARD™ LINEAGE PROJECT | user posted image

Users can also join The Dragonriders of Pern Lineage Project by creating fire lizard™, or pygmy, lineages. This is an offshoot of the main lineage project dedicated solely for the original little fire lizards of Pern whose base genetic material was used and modified to breed the larger dragons of Pern. These little flitters were about the size of a large bird, and we felt that the Pygmy dragons of Dragon Cave will do a good job of representing them.

To breed canon pygmy lineages, keep the following rules in mind:

- Gold and Green dragons are female (See color categories below)

- Bronze and Blue dragons are male (See color categories below)

- Use Influence and Precognition when necessary if you want to create a canon lineage. PM me if you need help with that.

- Lineages begin with Caveborn dragons, and stairstep, spiral, checker, even-gen, etc. lineages can be created as long as the gender rules above are followed.

To breed non-canon pygmy lineages, you can create lineages using any of the pygmy dragons in our color categories as long as you follow the proper naming scheme. You can use pygmies of any gender as long as they are one of the pygmies allowed in the lineage project (Again, see the color categories below)

- All non-canon dragons registered to our project must follow the naming scheme

DRAGON LINEAGE PROJECT - Naming Scheme - "[Name] of [Weyr]"

First, you must join a Weyr using the appropriate form.

Next, you can register your fire lizards to your Weyr using the following naming scheme:

[Name] of [Weyr]

(Examples: Flitter of Telgar, Glitter of Ista, Blaze of Benden, etc)

COLOR CATEGORIES |

GOLD DRAGONS

CB Gold Female

CB Gold Tinsel Female

CB Gold Shimmerscale Female

CB Sunsong - Junior Queen status only

CB Golden Wyvern - Junior Queen status only

CB Original Pygmy - Fire Lizard Lineages

BRONZE DRAGONS - To breed canon lineages, all bronze dragons must be male. They must be CB to mate with the Senior Queen, but can be even-gen to mate with Junior queens, allowing for checkered lineages. For non-canon lineages, do what you want, and follow the naming scheme.

CB Bronze Tinsel Male

CB Bronze Shimmerscale Male

CB Radiant Angel ALT by Infinis - Yes, specifically just the one. He would make an amazing bronze dragon

CB Autumn Seasonal

CB Copper (Red)

CB Hellfire Wyvern (Included because of their description of superior physical capabilities)

CB Magma

CB Crimson Flare Pygmy - Fire Lizard Lineages

BROWN DRAGONS - To breed canon lineages, all brown dragons must be male. They must be CB to mate with the Senior Queen, but can be even-gen to mate with Junior queens, allowing for checkered lineages. For non-canon lineages, do what you want, and follow the naming scheme.

CB Aegis ALT by Odeen - Pacified and Enraged

CB Aegis (Permanently Enraged)

CB Antarean

CB Caligene

CB Candelabra

CB Cassare

CB Copper (Brown)

CB Pyro Xenowyrm

CB Seragamma Wyvern

CB Sunstone

CB Tan Ridgewing

CB Whiptail

GREEN AND BLUE DRAGONS - ALWAYS Non-Canon

Breeding with the Green and Blue category dragons is not canon, but still allowed if you follow the naming guidelines of this lineage project. The green and blue category dragons can mate with any of the other category dragons to create checker, stairstep, spiral, etc lineages. No restrictions since it's not canon anyway. If you register your lineage in the database, they will be registered under whichever weyr you belong to. The reason that lineages using green and blue dragons is not canon is because in Pern, green dragons frequently mated with blues, but were infertile.

GREEN DRAGONS

user posted image Art by Fractional Pi Day

Almerald

Bright-Breasted Wyvern

Canopy

Copper (Green)

Fevery Wyvern

Frilled

Gaia Xenowyrm

Gold-Horned Tangar

Green

Green Nebula

Mistletoe

Neotropical

Spotted Greenwing

Spring Seasonal

Summer Seasonal

Terrae

Undine

Magelight Pygmy - Fire Lizard Lineages

Misfit Pygmy - Fire Lizard Lineages

BLUE DRAGONS

user posted image Art by Dirtytabs

Bleeding Moon

Bolt Dragon

Aegis (Permanently Pacified)

Astrapi Xenowyrm

Chrono Xenowyrm

Daydream

Falconiform

Hellfire Wyvern Female

Ice

Moonstone

Blue Nebula

Nhiostrife

Royal Blue

Sapphire

Thunder

Winter Seasonal

Skywing

Tsunami

Kyanite Pygmy - Fire Lizard Lineages

Nilia Pygmy - Fire Lizard Lineages

Misfit Pygmy - Fire Lizard Lineages

Edited by Pryanka

LINK TO THE DRAGONRIDERS OF PERN DATABASE

----------------------------

Claim a Weyr | FULL

[font=Rockwell][size=5][color=indigo][b]I WANT TO CLAIM A WEYR[/b][/color][/size]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]PM Link:[/b]
[b]Weyr Name:[/b]
[b]Weyrleader or Junior Queen?[/b] 
[b]Link to Queen:[/b] [url=https://dragcave.net/view/CODE-OF-DRAGON-HERE]NAME OF DRAGON[/url]
[b]Link to Bronze or Brown mate:[/b] [url=https://dragcave.net/view/CODE-OF-DRAGON-HERE]NAME OF DRAGON[/url]
[/font]

If the weyr list is OPEN, copy and paste the code above in your post to claim an open Weyrleader (Senior Queen) spot. Remember that once the Senior Queen has picked her mate, that mate cannot breed with any other Senior or Junior Queens (Ie. No inbreeding). Weyrleaders and Junior Queen owners are encouraged to fulfill requests for their offspring.

Join a Weyr | Use this to join a Weyr. Your lineages will be recorded in our Database under that Weyr if you choose to submit them.

[font=Rockwell][SIZE=5][color=indigo][b]I WANT TO JOIN A WEYR[/b][/SIZE][/color]
[b]I promise to uphold the Pern naming scheme for my Pern lineaged dragons[/b]
[b]Username:[/b] [url=http://dragcave.net/user/SCROLL-NAME-HERE]Forum Username Here[/url]
[b]Weyr Name:[/b]
[b]Additional Information:[/b]  [Use this to write out information on all of your requirements, name schemes, whether killing/biting/freezing/trading is allowed, etc. The paragraph will be copied directly into the spreadsheet ]
[/font]

Submit A Dragon or Lineage | Submit Lineages To Your Weyr

[font=Rockwell][size=5][color=indigo][b]I WANT TO SUBMIT A DRAGON OR LINEAGE[/b][/color][/size]
[b]Username[/b]: 
[b]Link to Pern Dragon[/b]:
[b]Link to Mate, if applicable[/b]:
[b]Weyr[/b]:
[b]Canon or Non-Canon?[/b]: 
[b]Open To Breeding Requests:[/b] YES/NO
[b]Notes:[/b] Include additional information such as preferred method of contact or any other details or requirements here (Ie. No killing, no trading, etc). This will be copy/pasted into the spreadsheet.
[/font]

You can use one form for multiple submissions - Just separate each dragon/lineage by line. There will (hopefully) be many canon and non-canon Pern lineages. Maybe some of the people who followed the Pern lineage scheme from the older thread, or on their own, will come across this and wish to take part. Please use this form to submit your lineage into the Database. This form can be used to submit single dragons AND mated pairs.

Request An Egg | OPEN

[font=Rockwell][size=5][color=indigo][b]I WANT TO REQUEST AN EGG[/b][/color][/size]
[b]Username[/b]: [url=http://dragcave.net/user/SCROLL-NAME-HERE]Forum Username Here[/url]
[b]PM link:[/b] 
[b]Weyr:[/b]
[b]Will you accept a Non-Canon Egg:[/b] YES/NO
[b]Description of Egg Wanted:[/b] Specify what pairing you want an egg from, or say N/A if any egg from the weyr is fine.
[/font]

Use the Description line to specify if you want an egg from a particular breeding pair. If not, just leave it blank and the first egg that somebody in the Weyr is able to breed for you is what you will receive. There will be up to 10 waitlist slots per weyr. Your request will be removed if it is not fulfilled within 6 months (We're talking 2G Metals or Prizes here if you want a bred Junior Queen, so it will require some patience)

Gift A Pern Dragon | Gifting your Pern dragons

[font=Rockwell][size=5][color=indigo][b]I WANT TO GIFT AN EGG[/b][/color][/size]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]PM link:[/b] 
[b]Egg Lineage Link[/b]: http://dragcave.net/lineage/CODE-HERE
[b]Weyr:[/b] 
[b]Canon or Non-Canon?[/b] 
[b]Teleport Link[/b]: 
[b]Additional Instructions:[/b] (Ie. Do not freeze, kill, trade, etc)
[/font]

If you adopt an egg, please follow the naming scheme and any additional instructions provided. Users can breed their Pern lineages (canon or non-canon) and share the eggs on this thread for others to adopt. Use a 2-way teleport and ask for a dummy egg if you want to see who is adopting. If you use a 1-way, do so at your own risk, as sometimes the users that adopt may not follow the name scheme or have a forum account at all. Please donate with no expectations in mind (but I hope the eggs will be adopted by others who continue the lineage and naming schemes).

Edited by Pryanka

THE WEYRLEADERS OF PERN

Benden Weyr - Pryanka, with Carinth of Pern - (Mate) - PM

Fort Weyr - Zerhai, with Izlanyth of Pern CB Dra'axi - (Mate) -PM

High Reaches - Pryanka, with Cadenth of Pern - (Mate) - PM

Igen Weyr - Dragonmage, with Aurumiath of Pern - (Mate) - PM

Ista Weyr - Olympe, with Lady Prideth of Pern - (No Mate Yet) - PM

Telgar Weyr - Cinnamin Draconna, with Zrendith of Pern - (Mate) - PM

DRAGON REQUESTS |

ANY WEYR - Requests in this category can be filled by any Weyr

1. Cinnamin Draconna - PM (Requested 11/3/2016)

Egg Wanted Need a 2nd gen red copper egg or male hatchling from red copper male x gold female

2. Pryanka - PM (Requested 11/7/2016)

Egg Wanted 2G Red Copper from Red Copper x Gold senior queen pairing

Benden Weyr -

Fort Weyr - OPEN

Junior Queens -

High Reaches - OPEN

Igen Weyr - OPEN

1. Pryanka - PM (Requested 10/4/2016)

Egg Wanted 2G Junior Queen from Aurumiath from her mate Tejiyanth

Ista Weyr - OPEN

Telgar Weyr - OPEN

Edited by Pryanka

BANNERS

Feel free to make banners for this lineage project! They will be made available here and credit will be given to those who created them ~

user posted image - by Pryanka

[URL=https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=176240][IMG=https://i.imgur.com/uoVoHYx.png][/URL]

[URL=https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=176240][IMG=https://i.imgur.com/VznwDEU.png][/URL]

[URL=https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=176240][IMG=https://i.imgur.com/56pcDBM.png][/URL]

Edited by Pryanka

one more post reserved just in case, and then this is open for posting (although the thread is not fully set up yet so I don't know how useful it will be to post just yet)

Edited by Pryanka

If I need to make another post later, not a problem. But I wanted to get in and stake a claim for Telgar Weyr.

I WANT TO CLAIM A WEYR

Username: Cinnamin Draconna

PM Link: Cinnamin Draconna

Weyr Name: Telgar

Weyrleader or Junior Queen spot? Weyrleader

Link to Queen: CB Gold female - Zrendith of Pern

Link to Bronze or Brown mate: CB Red Copper male - Arnath of Pern

I'll try breeding as soon as I'm out of egglock

Edited by Cinnamin Draconna

Ah, wish I had a female Gold so i could stake claim of High Reaches. Guess I'll just wait until I have space and get a Sunsong in as Junior, then. :U

If I need to make another post later, not a problem. But I wanted to get in and stake a claim for Telgar Weyr.

I WANT TO CLAIM A WEYR

Username: Cinnamin Draconna

PM Link: Cinnamin Draconna

Weyr Name: Telgar

Weyrleader or Junior Queen spot? Weyrleader

Link to Queen: CB Gold female - Zrendith of Pern

Link to Bronze or Brown mate: CB Red Copper male - Arnath of Pern

I'll try breeding as soon as I'm out of egglock

I'll add you in as the Telgar Weyrleader - welcome!!

I'm so glad there's interest in this biggrin.gif

Ah, wish I had a female Gold so i could stake claim of High Reaches. Guess I'll just wait until I have space and get a Sunsong in as Junior, then. :U

I was never able to claim a Weyr in the old lineage because of this sad.gif In fact, the little gold hatchling that's growing up to be the Benden queen is my first CB female Gold and the reason I was finally able to revive this project! Good luck in your own quest for a Senior Queen...but in the meantime, a Sunsong isn't too bad tongue.gif In fact, a Sunsong x Hellfire checker is one of my lineage plans ^.^

Edited by Pryanka

Good news and bad news.. Zrendith and Arnath are compatible, but they did not produce an egg this week, even with fertility. Considering that both dragon types are rare, it might take a while to get an egg, but I will keep trying.

I have a question, I have a cb female gold which has been extensively bred partly from this lineage in its last iteration: Izlanyth of Pern CB Dra'axi (she has been named that way forever)

if i wanted to take part in the lineage again could i use her for my senior queen?

@Cinnamin Draconna - At least they are compatible! I agree, a gold x copper pairing will give few eggs. I am more than open to suggestions to add dragons into the different color categories.

@Zerhai - Your queen does have the required name (Just with additional things after it, which I don't mind) to be a Senior Queen. I'm glad to see somebody joining me from wayyy back when the original project was created. Please feel free to claim a Weyr!

I WANT TO CLAIM A WEYR

Username: Zerhai

PM Link: pm

Weyr Name: Fort Weyr

Weyr leader/ senior queen

Link to Queen: Izlanyth of Pern CB Dra'axi

Link to Bronze or Brown mate: Borth of Pern CB Dra'axi

i have a question since I didn't see the "green" coppers in the breed list, are those considered "green" dragons for the lineage? I mainly ask this since i have: Eorath of Pern Dra'axi which is the only offspring of Izlanyth and Borth at the moment

tried to breed Izlanyth with Borth, no egg produced....

I have a lot of dragons which are named for this lineage... means i need to comb through my dragons

Edited by Zerhai

I WANT TO CLAIM A WEYR

PM Link: pm

Weyr Name: Fort Weyr

Weyrleader or Junior Queen spot?

Link to Queen: Izlanyth of Pern CB Dra'axi

Link to Bronze or Brown mate: Borth of Pern CB Dra'axi

i have a question since I didn't see the "green" coppers in the breed list, are those considered "green" dragons for the lineage?

tried to breed Izlanyth with Borth, no egg produced....

Welcome, Weyrleader! biggrin.gif

I was iffy on the Green Coppers. Since the brown and red version of the copper are so high up in hierarchy...I didn't want to include the same breed in a much lower tier of the hierarchy. I'd be open to adding them in if others wanted, but for now, I want to keep the copper breed in the higher categories

I WANT TO CLAIM A WEYR

Username: Faerie_fyre

PM Link: Message me!

Weyr Name: Ista Weyr

Position: Junior Queen

Link to Queen: Island Vurrianth of Pern

Link to Brown mate: Mountain Bokainaith of Pern

Complete with a pretty baby nestled into the Sands.

Edit: Not only can I totally code, I can spell. I promise.

Hi Faerie_fyre - I have added your Junior Queen into her Weyr, and she's settled right in tongue.gif So cool to have a 2nd gen egg already...and a good reminder that I should probably update the lineage with a form for people who want to donate their Pern lineaged dragons for others to adopt. That would be useful especially right now, because there aren't any requests in the Waitlists yet

Edited by Pryanka

Welcome, Weyrleader! biggrin.gif

I was iffy on the Green Coppers. Since the brown and red version of the copper are so high up in hierarchy...I didn't want to include the same breed in a much lower tier of the hierarchy. I'd be open to adding them in if others wanted, but for now, I want to keep the copper breed in the higher categories

so they are "brown" then?

I ask this since they very likely to show up only offspring of my pair is green

Edited by Zerhai

so they are "brown" then?

I ask this since they very likely to show up only offspring of my pair is green

Right now, the red copper is in the Bronze category. The brown copper is in the Brown category. The green coppers aren't in any category...but I completely forgot that the coppers can have offspring that are a different color from them. I will put the Green coppers into the Green category then!

Now I shall start with dragons related to my senior queen:

I WANT TO SUBMIT A LINEAGE

PM Link:pm

Link to Mother: Izlanyth of Pern CB Dra'axi

Link to Father: Auroth of Pern CB Dra'axi

Open To Breeding Requests: no, bred long before this version since bred with a senior queen not open to a breeding request

Notes: if you wish to freeze, pls let me know, please do not kill

Link to Father: Borth of Pern CB Dra'axi

Open To Breeding Requests: YES

what about gold Lunar heralds for junior queen? silvers for white(which are rare for cannon though not for breeding/ if bred would be non-cannon) bronze- brown or bronze, blue for blue(though in this breed its rarer)

Edited by Zerhai

I was Igen's Weyrleader in the old lineage and I still have a fardle-ton of the dragons I was setting up for it.

Would it be possible to use my only CB female gold for this lineage even though her lineage isn't clean? She's had other mates before, but I don't want to have to go hunt another CB Gold if I can avoid it.

This is Aurumia(th). Aurumia (if usable will be renamed)

I was Igen's Weyrleader in the old lineage and I still have a fardle-ton of the dragons I was setting up for it.

Would it be possible to use my only CB female gold for this lineage even though her lineage isn't clean?  She's had other mates before, but I don't want to have to go hunt another CB Gold if I can avoid it.

This is Aurumia(th). Aurumia (if usable will be renamed)

Aurumia(th) is welcome to take her position as Senior Queen (of Iger or another weyr if you want to change it up)

I don't mind that the queens have bred with others, as long as you are able to avoid inbreeding (Ie. if somebody happened to request an egg from Aurumiath's new mate, but wanted to breed it to a 2nd gen also from her, we would want to avoid that....but as long as that unlikely scenario doesn't occur, it's all good)

I can't wait to see the rest of the fardle-ton lol

Now I shall start with dragons related to my senior queen:

Link to Father: Auroth of Pern CB Dra'axi

Open To Breeding Requests: no, bred long before this version since bred with a senior queen not open to a breeding request

Link to Father: Borth of Pern CB Dra'axi

Open To Breeding Requests: YES

what about gold Lunar heralds for junior queen? silvers for white(which are rare for cannon though not for breeding/ if bred would be non-cannon) bronze- brown or bronze, blue for blue(though in this breed its rarer)

The first lineage you submitted...you're not breeding them anymore right? Since Izlanyth's new mate is Borth? I will add the Senior Queen's old pairing in the database just so people make sure to avoid inbreeding. Her new pairing is already registered as the Weyrleader, so you don't need to re-submit that ^.^ Once I have a few more dragons and get a sense of how to format the database, I'll update with that and I'd love everybody's input.

For the lunar hearalds - They were kiiind of left out intentionally. They just seem very delicate, almost like the dragonlets that provided the base DNA for the current Pern dragons. That plus all the color variation when breeding doesn't really make them very useful for canon lineages. I don't want to add them in at this time because their breeding plan could cause a lot of chaos if people didn't breed them only on days where they produced the same color offspring as their parents.

Edited by Pryanka

Pryanka, I can just pull the related/bred with Aurumiath dragons from my project fodder section. There are only two or three. I could use the hellfire that I bred with her as the senior bronze, but I really want to do a gold x copper. That requires hunting down the elusive red and brown coppers.

Pryanka, I can just pull the related/bred with Aurumiath dragons from my project fodder section. There are only two or three. I could use the hellfire that I bred with her as the senior bronze, but I really want to do a gold x copper. That requires hunting down the elusive red and brown coppers.

Sure thing, that will make it foolproof to avoid inbreeding tongue.gif ALSOOO Queens can definitely change up their mates (as they did in Pern as well) and once you catch a copper, that could be stronger than your Hellfire and become Aurumiath's new mate. I know this lineage doesn't do a lot of roleplay, but I could imagine the dragons racing after her with the new copper trying to show off his strength and win her over.

I WANT TO CLAIM A WEYR

Username: Dragonmage (scroll name is Drafgonmage due to a typo)

PM Link: PM Link

Weyr Name: Igen Weyr

Weyrleader or Junior Queen? Weyrleader

Link to Queen: Aurumiath of Pern

Link to Bronze or Brown mate: Tejiyanth of Pern

Other: I also have a junior queen, Meleth, who could be added somewhere as well as the only current offspring of Aurumiath and Tejiyanth. Meleth has bred with the Aurumiath x Tejiyanth bronze before.

Edited by Dragonmage

@Dragonmate - Adding your Senior queen in! Your Junior Queen's name will have to end in "of Pern" to fit into this lineage D:

I was going to create a Sunsong junior queen for my weyr as well and breed her to a CB Bronze mate...if you could do the same thing, want to swap eggs? It would help us create 3G checker Pern babies that could be requested.

Edited by Pryanka

I haven't decided where I want to put my junior queens yet. I have enough CB female Sunsongs and Golden Wyverns to have a junior from every Weyr.

I WANT TO CLAIM A WEYR

Username: Guillotine

PM Link: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=M...DE=4&MID=199626

Weyr Name: High Reaches

Weyrleader or Junior Queen spot? Junior Queen

Link to Queen: Zarainth of Pern

Link to Bronze or Brown mate: Still deciding.

I've checked her with an Aeon and she will become female. If this isn't valid because she's still a hatchling, just ignore this I guess. :V