All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Awesome! Thanks! I think I have 3 of your second gens, now!
  3. Confused Cat

Z Project

PB 2nd gen Azure Glacewing from Z parents https://dragcave.net/lineage/ZrmLE https://dragcave.net/teleport/ac0a4b04facec17506f2ece8bb390059
  4. I just barely got 62 before midnight last night. I love them all and really pushed myself to get them. Thank you TJ for the event and to all who submitted the amazing eggs! At 10 min between drops, we get 6 eggs/hour if right on top of it (anyone else set a timer as a reminder?), which means it was over 10 hours monitoring the cave to get them all, on average over 3 hours/day for all three days. That is a serious time commitment! It would be really nice if the time required per day in order to get them all was reduced. Could the time between finding eggs be only 5 min, same as time between cave egg drops, instead of 10 min? Otherwise, more time for that many eggs would be much appreciated.
  5. Today
  6. I was here a lot, refreshed a lot, as was hunting in ap as well as looking specifically for the eggs, have to say they did not show up every 15 minutes like clockwork for me, dont know if its my connection or what but only managed to find about 40 and i actually was trying. Didnt realize it was over already, came in early to hunt more thinking we had one more day, my time sense is all out of whack lol But yeah another day would be great!
  7. I love Bronze Tinsels, thank you! Will make sure to come up with an epic name.
  8. I am also a bit disappointed that I wasn't able to collect all the eggs again this year. I did my best but like many, real life got in the way from being able to spend the needed hours sitting at my computer. Yesterday was basically totally lost since I work a 12 hour day on Tuesdays. With the addition of more eggs to catch, I do think that additional time to catch them should also be provided.
  9. Is it over already? I thought we had today as well. O.O
  10. Tinsel! Claim my eggs/hatchlings!
  11. The only in game pourpose i can see is to perfectly collect everything, including badges that are part of the collecting game we play. Support from me, even I collected every single little thing except Treats of Halloween 2011. I would personally find a way to do this collecting of old eggs and Treats as a fun actvity during some other major event. Examples: - For DC Birthday there could be a small game where you can select a specfic year and festivity ( example: Easter 2013) and all the collectables of that event start dropping on your account. This can be redone every year, until you get everything you missed. - During Halloween and Easter events make the old Treats and Eggs drop in a specific biome. Only the ones you havent collected yet will appear. - Make a buyable bag on the market. A bag for Easter 2013, a bag for Halloween 2015 and so on. They cost something like 5000 shards each but they contain all treats of that event. - Implement a system to give views and unique views inside the game. Expcially helpful to new players who don't know they have to use an external sites to make eggs hatch and grow (Like the allure of neglecting dragons for example). Every TOT growing dragons you click on a small egg or treat drops in your account for you to collect. These are just examples of how i would implement it.
  12. Haha, aw I just try to be a reasonable person. Incidentally, you quoted me pre-edit, before I realized the event really only encompassed one weekend day...I think...I get days of the week mixed up all the time because of my wacky schedule (I work nightshift too so I practically exist in a whole different dimension of time lol)
  13. I worked on all days (weekend and Easter Monday) and I got 55. The only thing I'm sad about is the fact that the Stargate egg isn't among those. I agree that 1 day more to hunt would have been nice, though.
  14. I want to hug you and your words if it's possible. I couldn't say it better. Finally someone who doesnt say "I managed, lol, it was perfectly doable, you sure havent invested time and planned your holiday perfectly as I did"
  15. Well, here's my opinion. I was able to collect all the eggs with plenty of time to spare (and btw I have a full-time job, I work weekends - this last one being no exception, and I had a family gathering to attend on Monday for the holiday...but hey, everyone's situation is different and I'm just lucky I have a job where I can goof off haha) but having said that, I'm sympathetic to everyone who wasn't able to find the time to collect all these eggs. As a completionist, I know the pain of having an incomplete collection. I especially feel for the spriter who said they weren't even able to collect their own egg, gosh, that's brutal. I think the obvious solution is to extend the time allowed for these events. Three days, when one day is a holiday and one or two of those days are the weekend (again, some of us work weekends! And some of us work holidays! Those aren't guaranteed free days in the real world), is cutting it pretty close for a lot of people. It doesn't leave enough of a cushion in case any of those days don't work for us for some reason. Those of us who are lucky enough to be in a position to catch them all are just that: lucky. I don't think we need to lecture people about the unfairness of the world just because they don't have the advantages we have. Games should be fun, not stressful, especially one like DC which is mostly a pretty relaxed collecting game. I don't support reducing the number of eggs though. Extend the event, decrease waiting times, but please let us have as many eggs as possible!
  16. I dont think that everyone can understand you Vixendra, selfishness is also part of this game. the ideology that "Life isn't meant to be fair, especially not in a simple pixel game. It is what it is. We all have to deal with it." is getting on my nerves quite a bit since i'm collecting dragons, not trying to get a job in real life here. Is it that hard to understand that, as precise collectors, we whish to be able to collect every single little pixel of this game? Comparing this game with real life makes no sense at all? I'm actually glad TJ made some important changes over the years, as you said. Re relasing old CB holidays for example was a blessing. Opening the raffle was a belssing compared to what was before. I actually trust him on his work, if he has done these changes it means he has eyes to notice that the game he invested so much on has still small flaws that could be fixed, no matter what the "non whining part" of the userbase says.
  17. Three full days. 72 eggs. A news post as soon as it started ( if you had set up to get instant notifications of a news post, for those in the Orthodox church, it would have sorted that one - perhaps do it before the next religion-dated festival ?...) Ten minute drops - or even say, 15 minutes. That's time for 432 drops. Say 400 to allow for hiccups. Halve it to allow for being asleep half the time (which almost no-one is... - probably most people are asleep for more like 8 hours) - 200 drops for 62 eggs. Even for a single 8 hour day dropping by every 10 minutes, you'd have got 48. Eggs WERE still being added to baskets even when the basket page went blank. And it was that way for a bout an hour, as far as I can see from posts - so even then, only 6 potential missed drops if you didn't carry on bravely clicking them Life - I had grandchildren staying here over the holiday and was therefore out/AFK a lot. I also had a lot of gardening/washing/ cooking etc to do, and more. Age - I am 74. I had 54 of them by the end of Easter Day. In 11 hours give or take - and I wasn't at my desk the whole time. Loads of people also play on mobile - I didn't have it all with me when I went out ! Playing this stuff is a choice. TJ provides it for free. You don't have to be here. But it was absolutely possible to get all the FoE eggs with no real problem except absent-mindedness or total loss of internet. I suppose it might help another time if the scroll clock named the date as well as the time - though I do find it hard to believe that TJ's description of the time slot wasn't clear enough.
  18. 26/62 Huh, it makes a nice palindrome. I had after-school activities and had to get off the computer at 7PM, more or less, which doesn't leave much time. I think I've got most of the really cool ones, although not the feesh. So I'm not too upset. But then, I haven't gotten them all in past years, either, so this isn't "first-time failure" for me like it is for some.
  19. I have nothing against this despite having collected every egg and treat since the beginning. But I also don't see it happening giving that there is no in game purpose.
  20. Congrats @GhostMouse on winning this contest!
  21. I still think this is dumb. A banner is released every year, why can't the people that participated that year have it? So what if there is "nothing to divide? Every Single Year, new users are upset about this and the question pops up over and over. Can't just be a "title banner" for that years section? If the problem then is that the first year didn't have one...make one retroactively?
  22. Too long intervals and too few days. I felt like a slave trying to get them, destroys so much of the fun. I literally couldn't do anything but watching YT and checking on FoE... couldn't even play videogames with my boyfriend or I'd be able to check like once per hour or so... To anyone who are on the "not TJ's fault you have a job" fence(and similar), I'd say a very obvious phrase about maturing but I'll keep myself from doing that... What's the point of this game if noone but schoolkids and people who don't have to prepare the holidays(like myslef, still I barely made it before last day's sleeptime) can play it while the playerbase is getting older (=more responsibilities=less spare time) as the site goes on? (also, is it just me or adopt browser games are in decline and it's mostly people who joined those a few years back are still into any?) Games are for people, not people for games (unless pay to win ofc, which can't be the case on DC since we can't buy anything here at all, so..). Anything that goes on for 10 years+ and started as sth for youth needs to grow up with its target audience... Harry Potter being one of the examples I personally experienced. If it was on the level of 1st part up till the 7th, many people who were fit for part 1 would be too mature for part 7 so many years later (the level of maturity etc. can be easly noticed when you watch the first movie and then the 8th, the gap is MASSIVE)... Such things just have to grow up with the audeince to at least some extend, and so needs DC. And some of the changes are getting there... re-release of holidays, the Shard shop, 3-days drops on christmas and valentine's(Halloween needs extended flood sooner or later too), people's wish to extend the regular release flood... And what's the point of FoE if half the active userbase can't master getting them all (or does it just barely) despite actually trying, and only getting unnecessary stress and frustration instead of fun, especially it being a one-off thing(hopefully not forever)? DC in general is still very difficult to leave... it took so many months of active playing to get anythign here, it;s very difficult to let it go after years of work to achieve anything here. If you have no adult obligations yet, I see why you don't understand...YET! But someday you will, unless you end-up in an untypical life situation (or are in one already).
  1. Load more activity