All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Yeah, most people end up locked for the rest of the day anyways, so one day shouldn't be a big deal.
  3. Okay so just to make sure I'm understanding all of this: The only way to get different sprites of the Spotted dragons is to use their unique BSA which changes their size? Am I getting this correctly?
  4. @KageSora Not having a rule in place to prevent unfortunate pairings is not the same as having a whole gameplay mechanic built around encouraging unfortunate pairings. Imagine if we got a dragon that could only breed true with its own family members. That would be a huge leap from simply allowing inbreeding. Gameplay and lore segregation in these types of games largely come down to having a consistent tone and interacting with the suspension of disbelief in the same way each time it's tested. Once you start applying real world logic, it gets very "CinemaSins" very quickly. Not a productive angle for effective analysis.
  5. maybe, just maaaaaaybe, i really like obidars... 😌
  6. Dragons don't seem to have any morals about inbreeding, though. And before anybody goes "but there's no in-game penalties for it" parent/child or siblings breeding is an issue in sapient entities like humans even when offspring aren't a problem due to issues with consent and power imbalances. The game does allow this for all breeds including ones that have hierarchies or social structures where you might consider it analogous to a human family unit. Yet the game happily allows us to breed dragons regardless of relation and doesn't even lightly discourage it. Then there's the sheer amount of dragons that, despite "human or greater" intelligence are clearly written as behaving in an animalistic way, so they're not the same as humans in terms of dragons morality or standards. So it seems a bit strange to try and apply human morality on one thing that would be a problem IRL but not a different one. I don't particularly care in general, just seems a but strange of a place to draw the line between gameplay and lore separation. The entire premise as it currently functions gets real creepy, real fast as soon as you start thinking about it in human terms for more than a few moments.
  7. Today
  8. Hell Yes Fire Leviathans. We have Fire Leviathans, Air Leviathans, and Water (normal) Leviathans! All we need is Earth then we'll have all the elements! Technically they are Earth Leviathans too because they swim in Lava and melt the ground to swim, but my brain is like "Heat = Fire." Lol Also new mechanic! Yaaas. Thank you for all the lovely dragons, @Munin, @Hawaiianbabidoll, and @JOTB!
  9. I'm glad other people are enjoying catching ox-codes! I still haven't produced an ox-code from an ox-pair, but I did get this cute little code from ox-parents - and I do "lav" him!
  10. I always figured it was more like choosing romance trees in a CRPG than breeding horses. From a meta perspective we are "making" them mate with each other but within game, they are choosing it.
  11. Hello Flamingo lovers - just a heads-up, I'm planning to breed my hoard of 1000+ Flamingos to the AP on my birthday (the 30th). It'll be mostly PB EGs with a couple of other lineages sprinkled in. Anyone's welcome to join in, and if you're looking to add to your collection just keep an eye on the AP in about a week, assuming they survive
  12. Cool mechanism! Love the idea of making lineages with both pygmies and normal-sized dragons. 😁 ETA I also love the colours of the lavas. So very shiny. 🤩
  13. Agree with TCA, and also - drakes are specifically the only dragon-like creatures in the cave that aren't actually dragons. They're specifically described as a different species. Pygmies and two-headeds are still dragons, just different types of dragon. Would love to see a dragon with the ability to go two-head mode temporarily in the same vein as Deltas. Absolutely delightful mechanic!
  14. There has to be some degree of story and gameplay separation or the entire premise of Dragon Cave falls apart pretty fast, but there is a line to draw somewhere and implied violation of the Harkness test is a decent line to draw.
  15. Thank goodness they all seem to have been picked up, and a lot of them are already hatched.
  1. Load more activity