HawktalonOfRiverClan

Hatched! Egg Contest #6

Which egg is best?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ever dreamed of creating your very own dragon egg? Well then, here's your chance!

For this contest, you will be given a theme and have to create a unique dragon egg that adheres to that theme. Each artist will be given two weeks to create their egg and then post it here to be voted on.

Rules:

1. Each user may only submit ONE egg design per contest, no exceptions.

2. Eggs must use the standard egg format for DC.

3. Eggs must be your original design, no copying! Those who copy eggs will be disqualified and will not have a chance to participate in the poll.

4. Artists will have 2 weeks to complete their designs and submit them. There will then be a poll to determine the winner.

5. Be creative, and have fun!

All entries must be submitted by 11:59 PM on November 16th to be considered.

The theme for this contest is:

Holidays! Christmas, Halloween, Cinco de Mayo, birthday... any holiday you can possibly think of.

Prizes:

The winner may ask for any egg to be bred off my scroll and given to them. They also get to host the next contest.

Previous Winners and Themes:

gloryKAT - Summer

HawktalonOfRiverClan - Elements

Floralpikmin99 - Opposites

Diaveborn - Gemstones

HawktalonOfRiverClan - Animals

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

Entries:

user posted image by TLOSpyrogirl

This pallid egg has a smile stitched on its shell.

Holiday: Día de los Muertos/Day of the Dead

user posted image by Sbowen

This egg has a sugar skull on it.

Holiday: Día de los Muertos/Day of the Dead

user posted image by Tiga

This egg has the faint smell of fire and pine trees.

Holiday: Christmas

user posted image by diaveborn

This egg is a Christmas bauble.

Holiday: Christmas

user posted image by Grandmother_cathie

This bright egg smells like clover.

Holiday: St Patrick's Day

Based of the skull paint people do on Dia de Muertos. tongue.gif

user posted image

This pallid egg has a smile stitched on its shell.

Ooh, awesome egg!

I'm going to try to do an egg if I have energy - I have an idea :)

Would it be possible to get added to the list of winners in this thread - and thread 5, if MessengerDragon sees this? I needed to give up the hosting because of lack of energy and figured the egg prize needed to go with that, but I later on want to be able to look at the list to tell that I won when my memory fails me as it is prone to do. (It was contest 4.)

Ooh, awesome egg!

I'm going to try to do an egg if I have energy - I have an idea smile.gif

Would it be possible to get added to the list of winners in this thread - and thread 5, if MessengerDragon sees this? I needed to give up the hosting because of lack of energy and figured the egg prize needed to go with that, but I later on want to be able to look at the list to tell that I won when my memory fails me as it is prone to do. (It was contest 4.)

Yep!

:) Tankoo!

I'm mostly done my egg, hopefully will be able to post. Am looking forward to seeing everyone's designs!

Maybe you could also list what topics each winner won in the list?

I'll be doing my egg.... Once I get the energy to begin it.

I was actually thinking about adding the list of past topics... anyone want me to add a list of the winning eggs, too?

Alright, list updated with previous themes. MessengerDragon's name has been replaced with Diaveborn's. (Since Diaveborn was the winner, but they declined the opportunity to host. If you're alright with that, MessengerDragon. I can add you as a second place winner or something.)

Looking forward to all the entries! Sounds like this month's contest is going to be good.

Less than a week left to enter! If there are only one or two entries by the time the 12th rolls around, I'll extend the deadline by another week, but I hope that won't be necessary. There seemed to be a good deal of intrest in this thread. (Where did it go?)

Well I hesitated to posted my egg as there is already a Day of the Dead egg, but here it is. Mine is mainly focused on the sugar skulls that people bake and leave on the alters.

user posted image

This egg has a sugar skull on it.

user posted image

This egg has the faint smell of fire and pine trees

If you can't tell, its christmas! The smell of fire and pine trees is the christmas tree and the fireplace. smile.gif

I'm going to extend the deadline till Sunday night. Hopefully the weekend will encourage more people to enter? I'm hoping we get at least one more entry before it closes. (Did I choose a bad theme?)

I don't think the theme was bad! It gave a lot of possibilities for creativity. Maybe it is just that this is a busy time of the year.

Yay rainbow egg! biggrin.gif

Bumping because it's closing tonight. There have been some great entries this month, but hopefully we'll get a couple more? wink.gif