Danne

DC Photography Contest #37

I've found that some of the most challenging photographs to take are night shots -- but when they come out right, they can be absolutely stunning! Thus, the theme for this contest is Nighttime. Any shot taken when it's dark outside counts, but it must be clear that it's dark (e.g. something taken inside with the lights on or outside with your flash turning night into day won't work). Edited, because people are asking, sunrise/sunset pictures don't count because we've already had a theme for that. Here's an example:

user posted image

The Rules:

- One entry per person

- Picture has to be made by yourself and can't be just a reproduction of someone's work. If someone else's work is in the picture, there needs to be something extra.

- No manipulation besides basic photo adjustments (contrast, exposure, cropping, color balance, lighting, etc.)

- No text or framing in the photo. A signature/watermark is just fine, but it's preferable if you don't have "O Hai Eye Hav3 T3XT" (or something similar) present in the photo.

- When voting, please don't select your own image. This will ensure fairness.

- You are free to submit an old photo; you don't need to take a new one just for this competition.

Closing Date: Sunday, July 31

Good luck!

Previous themes:

1: Beginning anew

2: Simplicity

3: Summer

4: Wildlife

5: Black & White

6: Food

7: Macro

8: Farewell

9: Light and Shadow

10: Urban

11: In the home

12: Travel Photography

13: Pets

14: Red

15: Coupled Animals

16: Clouds

17: Green

18: Water

19: Scenic views

20: Invertebrates

21: Sunrise/Sunset

22: Purple

23: Out of Context

24: Snow

25: Flowers

26: Mountains

27: Old

28: Birds

29: Inanimate Objects

30: New Life

31: Play

32: Road

33: Leaves

34: People

35. Books

35. Statues

Edited by Danne

So I have a question, can it be evening ? Like, with a pink\orange\yellow sky ?

So I have a question, can it be evening ? Like, with a pink\orange\yellow sky ?

^I was just about to ask that. There's quite a few pictures I have that were taken more around dusk rather than specifically at night when it was completely dark.

Aw, too bad yesterday was the last day of the fair! I have seen some amazing pictures with all those flashy lights in the dark. But now I cannot take any pictures tongue.gif

But I have something...

I've been in Berlin around Christmas, does it shows? laugh.gif

All the lights

Stars

Flame

And I have also a lighthouse.....hmmm

So I have a question, can it be evening ?  Like, with a pink\orange\yellow sky ?

Given that we've already had a sunset/sunrise theme, I'm going to say no. Evening or dawn, when it's not fully dark outside yet, would count, but it needs to be post sunset or pre-sunrise. Which means yours wouldn't count, arabian_sparkle, though it is gorgeous.

Aerouant, I like the second one best. smile.gif

Edited by Danne

Aw, too bad yesterday was the last day of the fair! I have seen some amazing pictures with all those flashy lights in the dark. But now I cannot take any pictures tongue.gif

But I have something...

I've been in Berlin around Christmas, does it shows? laugh.gif

All the lights

Stars

Flame

And I have also a lighthouse.....hmmm

I like all the lights.

Nothing this time.

Given that we've already had a sunset/sunrise theme, I'm going to say no. Evening or dawn, when it's not fully dark outside yet, would count, but it needs to be post sunset or pre-sunrise. Which means yours wouldn't count, arabian_sparkle, though it is gorgeous.

Ok, thanks smile.gif

I would enter this but I am on the wrong computer. I will enter a bit later.