rubyshoes

Aegis BSA Discussion Enrage Pacify

Here's a thread were we can continue to discuss the Aegis Dragon's BSA.

I'm glad we've gotten a new BSA! It's been far too long, IMO--over two-and-a-half years, IIRC. I love both forms, and am excited to see what lineages people create with the ability to so easily control which form each sprite is. Next year, especially, will be interesting; deciding what form each raised Aegis is will certainly be fun.

Sprite-wise, I love how the enraged form's mane is so matted, and how the black body fur almost resembles coal. Really excited we get a sprite (well, two, but especially the enraged one) that is so starkly different from the other holiday dragons!

~

Also relevant:

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by PieMaster

I love the enraged look. I hope it is breedable and that it can be pacified, but the majority of the time it has the enraged look.

I had not payed attention to that before, not even in the release notes! I wanted very much to see it for myself, but the means to do it has me thinking twice. Soooooo wiki! Oh yes, so there's the enraged version there. "Has a BSA of 'Pacify' and 'Enrage'. The Enrage changes the dragon's appearance if there is a dead egg on the scroll, Pacify changes it back to the blue form. Pacify can only be used after the dead eggs are off the scroll. -From dragcave wiki" - Okay that's very interesting, this can last awhile if the owner wishes, that's very cool!

On a side note, I knew these guys were always guys, lol, I've been seeing trades lately in eggs around the world with owners asking for a female. I had messaged one of them, the other I couldn't.

Also... I've wondered why other BSA dragons aren't added to the "Available for BSA" page, even though the othere's aren't useful, but goldfish do splash all for a badge and that's not as great as a soulpeace's expunge. What's with that? Lol

Just wanted to add that it doesn't have to be a dead egg. It can be a dead hatchling or dragon. I didn't want to use up an egg slot to kill an egg so I killed a frozen hatchling and then enraged both my Aegis Dragons. I'll leave one enraged and pacify the other after the tombstone disappears.

I think I'm going to keep one of my CBs with each sprite. This is cool~

As mentioned in the news thread, while it's a really cool mechanic I wish it hadn't been tied to such a severely limited dragon. Right now it feels like we only get one CB of each of two very different dragons, and next year with lineages there'll be a constant worry of people changing their Aegis' forms later and completely changing the look of a line. I realize this is a risk with all lineages due to death, but it feels far more pressing here considering 1) it's a reversible change, not a destructive kill action, making people less reluctant to perform it, 2) since we can only have two CBs, there's truly no way to keep a lineage all on our scroll and 3) if things do go wrong along the way you can't really shrug and replace it, you have to wait a whole year and risk having to give up another egg slot for something you might not be able to use as planned.

Again, it's a really neat thing, both forms look amazing and will be great fuel for stories (I LOVE gentle giants turned berserk for justice *w*), I just wish it had been applied to a dragon that wasn't so severely restricted in obtaining.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I named one of my Aegis dragons Furry Holiday Monster before I knew about this BSA, and figured I should make the Monster part true. I finally found a frozen hatchling that I didn't mind killing, and now I have an Enraged Aegis on my scroll. I love it! I love how different they look.

I figured killing eggs or hatchlings was more evil than it was "naughty". But now I think about it there aren't many alternative ways to implement this sort of feature.

Bringing over my question from the release thread, that someone else echoed, I checked with a friend who froze one of theirs and hatchlings don't have this BSA- just adults smile.gif

The BSA is very interesting. I dunno if I'll enrage one of mine, but I'm currently egglocked with eggs I want to keep, so I have a few days at least to decide if I want to let my vamps loose on some commons or not.

It's also a pity they aren't female, as the enraged form would look amazing in a linage with male Hellfires.

Edited by Andygal

Does anyone know if zombies cause it to have the enrage, or just actual dead dragons? I had a dead egg on my scroll (vampire attempt), so enrage is there. I kind of want to use it, but I also have zombies on my scroll and don't want to use it if I can't pacify it because of the zombies. ohmy.gif

I don't think they do, some people were reporting they did earlier but I think it was a glitch and they don't anymore. I have no zombies so I can't check for sure though.

I haven't decided yet whether to enrage one or not. It looks neat, but I hate to cut my breeding ability for a lineage start down by half. What I will more likely do is wait until next year and enrage something bred (especially if I can find something with enraged dragons in the lineage already). I'll have to look over the breeding possibilities and plan to choose what might look best with BOTH forms. Then I don't have to worry so much about what someone else does with their dragons. Which really... we can't control that anyway. On any lineage, names are lost, stuff gets killed or worse, scrolls can get burned, leaving us with lots of tombstones. It happens. I love my dragons, but I'm not going to stress over my pixeled lineages, beautiful or no. And I dunno... I hate when I see people fuss over things not being all the same. When the Snow Angels were released, people fussed because they could only get one wing type on their scroll. Then Solstices they don't limit it that way so it's oh no, but now the lineage is messed up if they don't all have the same wings (really, while nice to match if you can manage it, they both are beautiful). Now this.

I say, "Thank you spriters for your incredible work and creativity." Period.

I think I'll wander back off the forums again. This is what happens when I come back. rolleyes.gif

As mentioned in the news thread, while it's a really cool mechanic I wish it hadn't been tied to such a severely limited dragon. Right now it feels like we only get one CB of each of two very different dragons, and next year with lineages there'll be a constant worry of people changing their Aegis' forms later and completely changing the look of a line. I realize this is a risk with all lineages due to death, but it feels far more pressing here considering 1) it's a reversible change, not a destructive kill action, making people less reluctant to perform it, 2) since we can only have two CBs, there's truly no way to keep a lineage all on our scroll and 3) if things do go wrong along the way you can't really shrug and replace it, you have to wait a whole year and risk having to give up another egg slot for something you might not be able to use as planned.

My exact thoughts.

Giving us our own "Alt" Holiday dragons (and such amazing ones! wub.gif ) is a great idea, but with only two CBs, it makes breeding plans difficult...

I'm torn between deciding to ignore the enraged version so I can make "safe" 3rd gen checkers on my scroll (but then I can never breed mates for 2nd gens from the enraged version if I find them on the AP), and having one permanently enraged and one permanently pacified (but then I can't make my own checker and will always have to rely on other players never changing their dragons).

And if I want an enraged Aegis, can I really justify killing a dragon just to make another dragon angry?

"I shot a dragon in Reno, just to watch the Aegis get enraged."

I'd wait until next year to decide depending on the 2nd gens I'll (hopefully biggrin.gif ) find, but then I can't breed - and possibly name - one of my CBs until then! Aaaah, life is complicated! tongue.gif

Well, it's just a challenge. I'm glad we learned about this now and not at a later time when plans were already made. smile.gif

I love both forms of the Aegis! It'll be so hard to decide which I want on my scroll / will use for lineages.

This might be my favorite christmas dragon yet.

Again, it's a really neat thing, both forms look amazing and will be great fuel for stories (I LOVE gentle giants turned berserk for justice *w*), I just wish it had been applied to a dragon that wasn't so severely restricted in obtaining.

This is how I feel. I absolutely love Aegis dragons but I'm just kind of disappointed. This is such a cool mechanic but Solstices are enough trouble, this is even worse. I'd been looking forward to hoarding all the Aegises I can but this puts a huge damper on things. There's no reason to spend my time collecting and building lineages that could be changed/destroyed so easily.

I don't know if I'm going to Enrage one of mine or not. 2015 was my first year of not wasting holiday CBs by freezing them. I don't really want to immediately go back to basically being restricted to 1 CB :/ I wish this was the year the CB Christmas/Valentine limit was upped or removed. It would've been the perfect opportunity.

I figured killing eggs or hatchlings was more evil than it was "naughty". But now I think about it there aren't many alternative ways to implement this sort of feature.

I agree, but unfortunately I can't think of anything better either.

~~~

It's interesting how some people are planning to keep two peacefuls, and so e are planning to have one of each, but so far nobody's mentioned wanting two enrageds.

Edited by MessengerDragon

Does anyone know if zombies cause it to have the enrage, or just actual dead dragons? I had a dead egg on my scroll (vampire attempt), so enrage is there. I kind of want to use it, but I also have zombies on my scroll and don't want to use it if I can't pacify it because of the zombies. ohmy.gif

No the zombies don't count - I have some and it says there is no dead dragons to enrage my Aegis

And here was me hoping to go back to a 'boring' breeding mechanic, after getting blindsided by mistletoes and solstices :/ I suppose at least we have plenty of warning this time.

I think I'll probably go for one of each on my scroll, but my desire to make lines with them just decreased to about nil. With only 2CB, the fact I life mate my dragons, and my usual goal of getting to 5th gen checkers, these dragons are just too risky. One user deciding to change their dragon would ruin my lineage. Even if I picked a dragon that looked good with both forms, without a pattern to it, the lineage wouldn't work. There is no way round it either. I can't have all the dragons on my scroll; there is NO WAY for me to be in control of the lineage.

I'm really disappointed to be honest, because the pacify sprite especially is jaw-droppingly beautiful, and I was so excited by all my various plans for them but...I just don't think the effort to use them will be worth it with the ability to change the form - and so the lineage - on little more than a whim.

(That said the mechanic is really cool, but on a limited release? Not a great plan imo)

You're right and I share your concern, however the christmas holiday had so much potential to show us a Krapus dragon, it would have been a pity not having it!

I would have handled it differently, with Aegis able to breed two different eggs based on your last year's action (more good or naugthy) but I love to have them as CB.

It's a big risk, but I'm willing to take it for these two amazing sprites, hoping that in future even more common breeds will have these BSA.

I will keep one dragon pacified and the other enraged forever, to have both sprites CB.

Well one obvious solution to the "only on my scroll" lineages would be doing inbred checkers, but those are not everyone's cup of tea.

How about a Aegis-breeding-support group?

I plan on keeping one of my Aegis dragons enraged the other pacified. I might switch them out if the testbreedings during the year give me too many refusals (but that is HIGHLY unlikely) but I certainly won't change it after Christmas.

The way it looks in here there are quite a few people planning something similar. If we just make a group with an oath (similar to the "If it has a face it needs a name" oath), a blacklist of people breaking that oath, etc. it would be as save a place as you can get for Aegis lineage swaps, wouldn't it?

Well one obvious solution to the "only on my scroll" lineages would be doing inbred checkers, but those are not everyone's cup of tea.

How about a Aegis-breeding-support group?

I plan on keeping one of my Aegis dragons enraged the other pacified. I might switch them out if the testbreedings during the year give me too many refusals (but that is HIGHLY unlikely) but I certainly won't change it after Christmas.

The way it looks in here there are quite a few people planning something similar. If we just make a group with an oath (similar to the "If it has a face it needs a name" oath), a blacklist of people breaking that oath, etc. it would be as save a place as you can get for Aegis lineage swaps, wouldn't it?

This is a good idea even if it won't help AP eggs randomly caught next year.

Sjhsfde;kljhsdflkjh I LOVE THIS ENRAGED AEGIS MORE.

I'm gonna throw my coal badge at him every day and never pacify him! <3

(p.s. so unless pacified, does that mean they can stay enraged forever? biggrin.gif ???? )

Jup

Also: ASG