JBluewind

Valentine Breeding Brainstorm 2.0

What is Your Favorite Valentine Dragon? (2009-2014)  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Valentine Breeding Brainstorm

Moved because the Original OP had gotten too large to edit. All editing is done via cell phone. If you have a link to a lineage or a templet (neglected dragon or using VampiricOmen's) please feel free to share it. If you have a long list, please post them as links on the page so I can copy and paste them all at one time and format them quickly.

*Note: This thread is not for trading of any kind. It is exclusively for Valentine mate and lineage discussion.

Please allow up to 72 hours for updated to be added

Welcome!

Every year we get a new Valentine Dragon and every year we try to decide on which mates would work best with our new pretties. Some lineages turn out beautifully and some... not so much. Sometimes we can't find lineage swaps for a really great match. A lot of the time we forget to look at newer dragons with older Valentines. This thread was created so that we can not only discuss ideas and plans for our newest dragon, but also past dragons.

Index

Click on the link or just scroll down.

1. Welcome and Index

2. Rules, Voting Rules, and Voting Ballot (just copy and paste!)

3. VampiricOmen's Guide to making breeding templets

4. Winners List

5. Valentine '09, Sweetling, and Alt Sweetling suggestions

6. Rosebud, Heartseeker, and Arsani suggestions

7. Radiant Angel & Heartstealer suggestions and 2016 holding spots

8. 2017, 2018, and 2019 holding spots

9. Multiple Valentines and Oddball Lineages

10. reserved for future use

Edited by JBluewind

Rules

1) This thread is for discussion ONLY! Please do not discuss trading or gifting in this thread including offering to breed eggs or asking for eggs.

2) This thread is for creative discussion, so get creative! Use every dragon at our disposal from cave blockers to prize dragons to holidays. Don't be afraid to mention something wild or unconventional. As long as your idea follows dc rules, it could happen! Even if it doesn't, it's still fun to dream. cool.gif

3) Remember, lineage doesn't automatically mean perfect checkers. There are stair steps, spirals, unique shaped lineages, and evens made up of more than 2 breeds as well. Use your imagination.

4) Talk about your favorite combinations and why you like them, even if they were discussed earlier in the thread. Knowing what the majority of people like helps others choose a lineage project that will be more likely to have lineage swaps available down the road and gives breeders raw data to work with.

5) Don't be afraid to say that there is a breed you think WON'T work. Sometimes finding a good match means weeding out the bad ones.

6) Keep it civil. We are all different and have our own opinions. Please respect each other. And remember, there is no need to argue here. Any time two people have a conflicting opinion on a possible lineage, a * will be placed beside the dragon

*All dragons will be listed alphabetically with other holiday mates listed first

* Spiriters alts not listed since they are unique dragons that are only avaliable on one scroll and protected by DC rules as the property of the spiriter.

* If you want to suggest Stripe or GoN pairings, don't forget to go to a dragcave wiki for Stripe colors and Avatars that come from breeding Valentine dragons

* t = template link while dc = link to dc lineage

* Please give permission if you have any of the following lineages so that I can also show dc examples. All adult dragons posted in this thread may be used as examples unless otherwise noted.

* Posts with heart icons are reserved for posts by me (an possibly Vamp if she is updating templets or has thread related information to post)

2015 Voting Rules

1. Votes are due by the time stated in the OP. Any vote after that will not count.

2. You can only vote ONCE

3. You can only vote for ONE favorite mate per Valentine dragon breed if the vote uses a ballot.

4. You can change your mind and edit your ballot as many times as you like before the deadline.

5. You can 'campaign' for your favorites by posting why they are the best on this thread or adding something to your siggy/profile. If you want to get crazy creative and created a banner or artwork, I will add them below so everyone can check out your creation happy.gif

6. You CANNOT break thread rules. Keeping the discussion civil, light, and on topic. This thread is about finding the best mates for our Valentine dragons. Keep that in mind.

7. Please vote for your FAVORITE and not just the ones you want to find mates for.

* Winners and Runners Up will be put on the Winners list

[color=fuchsia][b]VALENTINE 2016 Ballot[/b][/color]
Valentine 09:
Sweetling:
Alt Sweetling:
Rosebud:
Heartseeker:
Arsani:
Radiant Angel:
Heartstealer:  

VALENTINE 2016 Ballot

Valentine 09:

Sweetling:

Alt Sweetling:

Rosebud:

Heartseeker:

Arsani:

Radiant Angel:

Heartstealer:

Edited by JBluewind

Want to share a checker idea, but can't find an actual example? No problem! Thanks to VampiricOmen, we have templates for each of the current Valentine dragons. happy.gif

Templates

2009: Valentine's template

2010: Sweetling (pink) template

and Sweetling (alt) base template

2011: Rosebud template

2012: Heartseeker template

2013: Arsani template

2014: Radiant Angel template

Blank: Blank template

Directions: "Download templates and use alongside a photo editing program like Paint, Gimp or Photoshop. To add sprites to the empty sections, screenshot the dragon in lineage view, paste the image into the program and crop the sprite (crop the rectangle, or the interior of the rectangle), then copy paste into each blank rectangle. Best used with a program that can handle multiple layers of images."

Example

Sweetling x Moonstone

Click here to check out all of VampiricOmen's Bloodmoon Valentines

Edited by JBluewind

WINNERS

♡ Favorite Valentine Breed: Radiant Angel

♡ Valentine '09: Almadine

♡ Sweetling: Moonstone

♡ Alt Sweetling: all unique votes

♡ Rosebud: Daydream

♡ Heartseeker: Gold

♡ Arsani: Three way tie between Silver, Carmine, and Tsunami

♡ Radiant Angel: Three way tie between Gold, Golden Wyvern, and Speckle-throat

♡ Heartstealer: No votes

Honorable Mentions

♡ 2nd Favorite Valentine Breed: Heartseeker

♡ Valentine '09: Deep Sea and Daydream

♡ Rosebud: Moonstone

Edited by JBluewind

Valentine '09

Yes

♡ Almandine t

♡ Black Tea dc

♡ Bleeding Moon t

♡ Brute t

♡ Daydream t and dc

♡ Deep Sea dc

♡ Electric dc

♡ Ember t

♡ Falconiform t

♡ Fever t

♡ Flamingo dc

♡ Green dc

♡ Guardian dc

♡ Hellfire t

♡ Horse t

♡ Ice t

♡ Imperial Fleshcrowne : t

♡ Moonstone dc

♡ Pillow dc

♡ Ridgeback (alt) t

♡ Royal Crimson t

♡ Royal Blue: t

♡ Silver t

♡ Sunset dc

♡ Tangar: t

♡ Teimarr dc

♡ Tri-horn t

♡ Undine: t

♡ Waterhorse dc

♡ White t

No

No Examples

~ Desipis

~ Brute

~ Gold

~ Pink

~ Alt. Ridgewing

Sweetling

Yes

♡ Balloon dc

♡ Bleeding Moon t

♡ Blue-Banded: t

♡ Cassare: t

♡ Daydream dc

♡ Falconiform: t

♡ Hellfire t

♡ Moonstone t and  dc

♡ Nebula (blue) dc

♡ Nhiostrife dc

♡ Pink dc

♡ Pink (old) t

♡ Silver dc

♡ Skywing dc

♡ Spitfire: dc

♡ Sunrise dc

♡ Sunstone dc

♡ Tri-horn t

No

No Examples

~ Mistletoe

~ Black

~ Black Tea

~ Daydream

~ Golden W.

~ Falconiform

~ Purple

~ Almandine Pyralspite

~ Spring Seasonal

alt Sweetling

* Either as base, entire line, or randomly distributed

Yes

♡ Black Marrow t and dc

♡ Snow Angel dc

♡ Solstice dc

♡ Albino dc

♡ Balloon dc

♡ Black dc

♡ Carmine dc

♡ Dorsal (Red) dc

♡ Gold dc

♡ Ice dc

♡ Nhiostrife dc

♡ Pink with old pinks dc

♡ Speckle Throat dc

♡ Stripe t and t

♡ Sunsong dc

♡ White dc

No

No Example

~ Copper (Green)

~ Pyrope

~ Red

Edited by JBluewind

Rosebud

Yes

♡ Shadow Walker dc

♡ Almandine t

♡ Black t and dc

♡ Bleeding Moon t

♡ Brute t

♡ Daydream dc

♡ Deep Sea dc

♡ Gold dc

♡ Ice dc

♡ Moonstone dc

♡ Nebula (Purple) t

♡ Neotropical t

♡ Nhiostrife dc

♡ Purple dc

♡ Royal Blue dc

♡ Seasonal (spring) dc

♡ Seasonal (winter) dc

♡ Seasonal (alternating) dc

♡ Silver dc

♡ Terrae dc

♡ Tri-horn dc

♡ Waterhorse dc

♡ White dc

No

No Examples

~ Copper (Green)

~ Ember

~ Magma

~ Pink

~ Skywing

Heartseeker

Yes

♡ Ribbon dancer dc

♡ Shadow Walker dc

♡ Snow Angel (tricolor) dc

♡ Solstice dc

♡ Albino dc

♡ Balloon t

♡ Bleeding Moon t

♡ Blusang dc

♡ Brute: t

♡ Cassare: t

♡ Coastal Waverunner dc

♡ Daydream dc

♡ Dorsal (red) t - Lovely colors, similar posing, and cool wing structures.

♡ Ember t

♡ Gold t and dc

♡ Golden Wyvern t and dc

♡ Gray dc

♡ Harvest dc

♡ Horse t and dc (similar pose and build)

♡ Magi dc

♡ Magma dc

♡ Nebula (Red) t

♡ Pink with old pink base dc

♡ Red Finned Tidal t

♡ Royal Blue dc

♡ Royal Crimson dc

♡ Silver dc

♡ Stripe t

♡ Trihorn: t

♡ Tsunami dc

♡ Undine: t

♡ Vine dc

♡ Water dc

♡ Whiptail t

No

No examples

~ Holly

~ Brimstone

~ Cassare

~ Pillow

~ Pyrope Pyralspite

~ Red

~ Seasonal (fall)

~ Skywing

~ Sunstone

~ Undine

~ Waterhorse

~ Whiptail

Arsani

Yes

♡ Cave Lurker dc

♡ Grave t

♡ Yull Buck dc

♡ Almandine t 

♡ Black dc

♡ Black Tea dc

♡ Bleeding Moon t

♡ Blusang dc

♡ Brute t

♡ Carmine t and dc

♡ Daydream t and dc

♡ Gray t and dc

♡ Horse t

♡ Ice dc

♡ Moonstone dc

♡ Nebula (green) dc

♡ Nebula (purple) dc

♡ Nhiostrife dc

♡ Red Finned Tidal t

♡ Royal Blue dc

♡ Seasonal Spring t and dc

♡ Seasonal Winter dc

♡ Silver dc

♡ Stripe dc

♡ Thunder dc

♡ Tri-horn t

♡ Tsunami dc

♡ Undine dc

♡ Water dc

No

No example

~ Pink

~ Pyrope Pyralspite

~ Royal Crimson

~ Sunrise

~ Sunsong

~ Sunstone

~ Terrae

Edited by JBluewind

Radiant Angel

Yes

♡ Solstice dc

♡ Bleeding Moon t

♡ Blusang dc

♡ Brute t

♡ Copper (rainbow) t

♡ Daydream dc

♡ Electric t

♡ Gold t

♡ Golden Wyvern t

♡ Lumina t and dc

♡ Neotropical dc

♡ Red t

♡ Seasonal (spring) dc

♡ Speckle-Throated t

♡ Undine t

♡ White t

No

No example

~ Tri-color Snow Angel

~ Almandine

~ Guardian of Nature (and resulting Avatar of Change)

~ Magma

~ Pink

~ Pyrope

~ Sunsong

2015 Placeholder

Yes

No

No examples

~

Heartstealer

Yes

No

No examples

~

Edited by JBluewind

* Note: No breeding ideas will be posted here until the dragon is released and grown to adulthood.

2017 Placeholder

Yes

No

No examples

~

2018 Placeholder

Yes

No

No examples

~

2019 Placeholder

Yes

No

No examples

~

☆Mod note☆

This post was glitching the BBCoding. It only shows in regular size after editing even with coding for a larger size.

It also keept changing [/X] to a different [/X] when I click edit or preview. Sometimes it puts a random [/size] somewhere.

Lengthening the post seemed to fix the problem, although I think it will come back if I delete this mod note. Is there a minimum size for posts with BBCoding? If so, I will forgo the coding here until later when I will have more text to add.

Edited by JBluewind

Multiple Valentines and Oddball Lineages

☆ Daydream with everything! dc

☆ Sweetlings, Solstice, and Soulpiece dc

☆ Sweetlings and Rosebuds with Moonstones dc

☆ Sweetling, Gray, Royal Blue, and Moonstone dc

☆ Piemaster's alt Mistletoe (simulation posted by piemaster with Heartseeker) and with Radiant Angel)

☆ Valentine and Halloween arrow lineage t

☆ Heartseeker x Rosebud t

~ Sweetling x Valentine '09

~ Sweetling x Rosebud

~ Sweetling x Arsani

~ Radiant Angel x Rosebud

Edited by JBluewind

Hello Valentine Breeding Brainstormers!

JBluewind has asked that I post a notice regarding the 2015 Ballot for voting on your favourite pairings. She will be unavailable to close voting on the 25th at 11:59pm, thus, the voting window will now be extended by one day to the 26th at 11:59pm. In turn, this means that votes cast on the 27th will not be counted. Thank you for understanding and sorry if any inconvenience is caused.

Please note, that votes from the previous thread will be counted, so to those that have already voted, you need not cast yours again. Wishing you all a productive Valentine's season! smile.gif

~VampiricOmen

I had this example in my ballot in the other thread but I thought I'd post it here for easier reference by the op:

Radiant Angel x Blue Undine

Btw op, thank you for taking the time to remake this thread so we can continue having fun with Valentine dragons until breeding season opens. I've never had to use code on a phone and doing all that has got to be a huge pain. Props to you.

Vote ends in 4 1/2 hours!

I think it's close enough to the end of the poll to post my vote. And thank you for understanding my absence. Sometimes real life happens rolleyes.gif

VALENTINE 2015 Ballot

Sweetling: Moonstone. This one was hard for me because I was torn between Moonstone and Silver. In the end, Moonstone won out because of the cotton candy effect it has on the Sweetling and the fact that they aren't rare meaning they are easier to lineage than the Silver.

Alt Sweetling: Red Dorsal. The color pallets are almost the same and they work so well together.

Rosebud: Moonstone. This is a long time favorite of mine. Unlike the male Sweetling x female Moonstone, this match up is far from soft. Both have dark and light tones of their colors which makes for a lovely combination.

Heartseeker: Albino. This is literally the only time I will say that because normally I'm not that fond of the breed in lineages, but this match is just divine.

Arsani: Carmine. While I adore her with Cave Lurkers are well as any Nebula, Carmine just compliments this breed like no other.

Radiant Angel: Nebula (red or alternating). I love Brute, Lumina, and Solstice, but Nebula is just divine. It just works.

Thank you to everyone who voted and thank you to VampiricOmen for tallying the votes for me. Migraines are never fun and I'm grateful to have her helping me in the background.

Results

Sweetling

Silver ~ I

Nhiostrife Wyvern ~ I

Moonstone ~ IIII ♡

Black ~ I

Mistletoe ~ I

Hellfire ~ I

Purple ~ I

Balloon ~ I

Blue-banded ~ I

Winner: Moonstone with four votes!

Alt Sweetling

Red ~ I

Carmine ~ I

Pink ~ I

White ~ I

Green Copper ~ I

Black ~ I

Pyrope Pyralspite ~ I

Black Marrow ~ I

Speckle-throated ~ I

Red Dorsal ~ I

no clear winner

Rosebud

Daydream ~ III ♡

Tri-horn Wyvern ~ I

Almandine Pyralspite ~ I

Ember ~ I

White ~ I

Waterhorse ~ I

Moonstone ~ II ○

Green Copper ~ I

Royal Blue ~ I

Winner: Daydream with three votes!

Honorable mention: Moonstone with two votes!

Heaetseeker

Red Nebula ~ I

Solstice ~ I

Whiptail ~ I

Gold ~ II ♡

Brimstone ~ I

Royal Blue ~ I

Red-finned Tidal ~ I

Royal Crimson ~ I

Vine ~ I

Undine ~ I

Albino ~ I

Winner: Gold with two votes!

Arsani

Cavern Lurker ~ I

Undecided ~ I

Silver ~ II ♡

Daydream ~ I

Nhiostrife Wyvern ~ I

Carmine ~ II ♡

Tsunami ~ II ♡

Purple Nebula ~ I

Grey ~ I

Winner: Three way tie! Silver, Carmine and Tsunami tied with two votes each.

Radiant Angel

Gold ~ II ♡

Undine ~ I

Golden Wyvern ~ II ♡

Magma ~ I

Guardian of Nature ~ I

Undecided ~ I

Speckle-throated ~ II ♡

Pyralspite ~ I

Red Nebula ~ I

Winner: Another three way tie! Gold, Golden Wyvern and Speckle-throated tied with two votes each.

List of Voters: *Silver Fox*, Dewdropmon, Esmeia, Riannon, ytak, Guillotine, Iside, VampiricOmen, Sugar Pain, Earth Gurl, SockPuppet Strangler and JBluewind

Edited by JBluewind

Attention Readers!

After hours of work, I FINALLY finished all the updates! Thank you all for all the great suggestions. happy.gif

On a side note, I got a few minutes on an actual computer today (got a good bit of the update done that way) and discovered something. The dragon cave site and spirits look different depending on rather it's the mobile version or the regular version. In the mobile version, the background is a pale gray instead of the default slightly yellow brown scroll. The spirits (ignoring the reduction of quality for mobile viewing) look more saturated with less subtlety and a smaller color palette. Believe it or not, there are actually some favorites here that look off on mobile. I'm sure the same is true in the reverse. It's something to keep in mind when planning lineages.

Edited by JBluewind

And with the chaos started, I wish everyone the best of luck. Don't forget to post links to new or more developed lineages and to come back for brainstorming our new valentine next week. cool.gif

With breeding underway, I thought a poll on favorite dragons would be a fun addition to the thread. I was inspired by all the love (and hording), many users express towards one breed. As always, the winner will be posted in the winners post. It will end about a week after valentines day so that I can put up a new poll for the 2015 spirit. Looking forward to your opinions happy.gif

With breeding underway, I thought a poll on favorite dragons would be a fun addition to the thread. I was inspired by all the love (and hording), many users express towards one breed. As always, the winner will be posted in the winners post. It will end about a week after valentines day so that I can put up a new poll for the 2015 spirit. Looking forward to your opinions happy.gif

It used to be the '09 Valentines before the adult sprite was changed. Now my favorite is the Sweetling.

I really loved Radiant Angels when they came out and never really liked any of the light pink ones, but I have to admit that with some lineages they look gorgeous. I particularly like Rosebuds with Ice dragons. ^^ Another personal favorite is Arsani x Deep Sea.

I also really like Heartseekers. I'd planned to breed them with Sunsets and Albinos, but I was able to nab a couple two-gens from Black dragons. I think I'll focus on breeding my own CB Heartseekers to blacks when the event is over. c:

Sweetlings are my favorites. I bet you couldn't have guessed.

It's a tough call between Heartseekers and Radiant Angels for me. I'm also pretty fond of the '09s. Yet I seem to have collected more Arsanis than anything else this year so far, because they make such nice lineages xd.png

If Spriter's alts count then I love Kila's brown Sweetling and the blue Alt Rosebuds too.

Sweetlings are my favorites. I bet you couldn't have guessed.

Really? OJO I had no idea!

tongue.gif

PS: The '09s are still my fave Valentine eggs.

Edited by Dewdropmon

Radiant angels are my favourite because the sprites are so detailed, and the colours look so nice with checkers to other dragons. However, I also really like rosebuds. They look so delicate and beautiful.

Rosebuds are my absolute favorite =] I can't choose between Radiant Angels and Sweetlings though ^^;