Red2111

August Release Breeding plans: Duotone Lindwurms

given that both breeds are two heads and the options for breeding are limited theres no reasont o have two threads happy.gif

so whats everyones plans for breeding with these new babies? which two heads look the best together?

I think the Blue-Gray Two-headed Lindwurms and Bloodscales would look really nice together. I doubt I'll breed them myself though - I'm not exactly crazy about the current release xd.png They aren't bad sprites mind you, just not my taste.

Edited by Wahya

I still have what I call "my two-head only block" and tend to breed all my two-headed dragons as purebreds only (ie bloodscale with bloodscale and two-head/original only with the two head original) . I'm hoping I'll get over that as I see other pretty lineages members have made with them.

Edited by rubyshoes

Can't wait to see how the Duotones look like combined with the original Splits, I think they will go well together. I'll probably keep the Lindwurms mostly purebred though I have a single Lindwurm male whom I intend to mate with a Bloodscale until I get him a Lindwurm mate.

I'm going to breed the duotones with the Splits and the Guilded Bloodscales with Purple Opals. The greens and purples i might make into a checker

Male Duo x Split

Not too bad, but I think I'll like the opposite pairing better. *still waiting for another hatchling to grow*

My female duotones hate me. No egg for both adults I had. xd.png

Edited by xdlugia

Male Duo x Split

Not too bad, but I think I'll like the opposite pairing better.

I'm liking that pairing more than I thought I would.

I think I'll either keep the lindwyrm pure or try the bluish one with the bloodscales.

I'm thinking now that we have 4 breeds, do a checkerboard with all of them, that is when I am not occupied with my current project. (It has turned into a scroll-blocking monster)

Edit: That is counting the Lindwyrms as one since that is all I have.

Edited by Kellach

I love all of the sprites but I cannot really figure out what to DO with them... maybe a checker? I'm at a loss! I'd love to see some GB lineages worked with the new releases, the new two heads are all so gorgeous.

I wish I knew how the Opals are going to breed. Earthgirl said they were kind of like Coppers with the color variants dropping in different biomes, rather than like Tan Ridgewings or Dorsals. So will they breed like Coppers? Does the color Opal offspring depend on the non-Opal parent? Will two purple Opals ever give you a green Opal or vice-versa?

I'm gonna breed my opals together, then breed THAT with my Bloodscale, assuming they gender properly.

Male Duo x Split

Not too bad, but I think I'll like the opposite pairing better. *still waiting for another hatchling to grow*

My female duotones hate me. No egg for both adults I had. xd.png

Love that!! I will be trying this in about a half hour when I get my adults biggrin.gif

user posted image

I previously used egg images, now it looks even better. Not sure when I'll even START making this thing <.<

PB Blue Opal and PB Duo. I tried my green pair as well, no egg, but yay no refusals! *wipes brow* Edited by prpldrgnfr

I don't care about line ages so I've really got no "breeding plans."

Best of luck to everyone else who does though, I hope your desired line-ages go as well as you had had them planned.

I went to the news thread but it was closed, so I came here, even though I currently have no breeding plans but want to see what everyone else's thoughts are.

What I wanted to say was, some of mine matured while I was sleeping, and I am so happy about how gorgeous they are!!!

Especially, the duotones are awesomely colorful and I really, really love them. Although I like my dragons to face each other there's enough of a different pose to really make it obvious they're not the same sex (ignoring the difference in colors, even).

I am going to do a 4-gen PB duotone, and maybe even go to 5th once I see someone else's and decide how I feel about it with the new lineage change, which I still abhor.

I am so glad they are common, and I'm going to have to get me some MOAR!!!!

Even though the opals are more in demand right now, I think I have fallen in love with the duotones biggrin.gif

Deb

EDIT: No, I went and looked at my scroll again. Love them ALLLLLLLLLLL tongue.gif

Edited by daba555

My babies need to grow up!!! laugh.gif

There are some GORGEOUS lines being plotted here (all the inspiration!), and thank you for the Split Lovers Society link, dustpuppy!

I'll be merrily breeding Duotones to Original Splits mostly, I think, though I'll hold some of both back to test with Opals. I also want a male Duotone x female Gilded Bloodscale baby, and will probably put a green Opal with my male Bloodscale together.

I have discovered that I really don't have enough Gilded Bloodscales. Must. Collect. More.

Edited by LibbyLishly

I just sent two PB lindwurms to the AP - one blue, one green. They bred true to the parents' colours.

Anyone else having a lot of refusals? I don't have many and wanted to breed some to give away. But my blue opals refused each other and a duo refused a bloodscale.