Red2111

Copper Dragon Breeding

whats everyones plans with this new breed? which is your fav alt?

O.O I plan to hoard them all.

As well as eat them.

or simply breed them with blacks, terraes, and maybe waverunners.

My favorite is the greenish one, although the others look nice, too.

I don't have breeding plans yet because I'll need to hoard some CB Coppers first, but I'd really like to try out Green Copper X Tri-Horn. Or Orange Copper X Bright-Breasted Wyvern.

I like the green ones most, but I don't know what to pair them with yet. Perhaps Flamingos...

I'mma try to breed one of these with silas

green one pls biggrin.gif

and post lineage view *nods* laugh.gif

Does anyone know if the Coppers will always produce Copper eggs of their own colour or (as they are called alts) for example a green Copper x green Copper could produce an orange Copper?

dunno, i'm still curious if theres a 4th original version since TJ's post said "this breed has 3 alts" impling theres an original color and the 3 released are alts.

i look forward to seeing my own and everyone elses breeding results in with this new breed smile.gif

Going to do Nocturne with the blue-green one. Nocturnes are just perfect and look good with everything-- that and I think both night and day form will compliment the Copper's colors.

Edited by Nine

green one pls biggrin.gif

and post lineage view *nods* laugh.gif

OF COURSE.

And fiona already said that there's only three colors of the copper. But I'm curious if they only breed their color or if they can breed the other two colors.

yep i saw her post about the "only 3 colors" thing in the Copper release thread smile.gif

i still cna't wait to start breeding these babies though.

the orange copper i thik will look good with the black caps

@ Nine - thats an awesome combo!!

Edited by Red2111

My favorite is the standard red-copper smile.gif If it was possible to obtain a CB Alt Black I'd definitely make a lineage with the two. Currently I'm not sure what sort of breeding projects I'll consider with them.

Edited by Wahya

I think I want to do a PB lineage, but using all three colors... not sure of the design yet, though. First I have to get more CBs biggrin.gif That is not looking so easy, considering I haven't seen any more since the first day! I'm locked for a few more hours anyway, but then it's back to hunting!

I want a PB lineage too, with all three colours!

And then... I think I'll try to pair them with Terrae and Royal Blue!

Just for your historical pleasure, there was a fourth color originally - bright shiny new copper. It was the base for the other colors. Originally we were going to have that be the main color and also have however many of the "alt" colors TJ let us get away with, but when we put it next to the new colors we decided it didn't make the cut. Trust us, it was a good decision.

My first breeding project with these I think will be a 5th gen purebred. I just need a few more cb coppers. Then I want to set it up like:

VVVV VVLL LLRR RRRR

V = green ones: verdigris. L = brown ones: liver of sulfur. R = red ones: "plain" rainbow.

I'd like to see how they look with whites or the new day 6 dragon too. And a host of others.

I don't plan to do this (as they're not strong favourites of mine), but if there were 4 alts, you could do a massive checker of Copper x Nebula. All different alts.

I don't even want to think about planning the colour combinations though. D:

*shoots cfmtfm* Now you've gone and put that in my head. And I want it. sad.gif

We're out of biomes.

I don't plan to do this (as they're not strong favourites of mine), but if there were 4 alts, you could do a massive checker of Copper x Nebula. All different alts.

I don't even want to think about planning the colour combinations though. D:

Wow. I just have to say that would be really epic. Still, you could do it with three of the colors.

Tempted to try this.

user posted image

Amazon_Warrior gave me a good ip, that she uses spreadsheets to test lineage combos. I don't have a spreadsheet program, but Google Docs has one. If you've already got gmail, it was easy to use. I just set the background to a cream and drug some images over to play with.

I want to do a PB with them...but with all of the alts involved... Oh gods they are so beautiful...

I still need an orange one... i have two golds(not messy!) and an amazingly lineaged female influenced ungendered pink hatchling up for trade and not a single person will bite...

O.O I plan to hoard them all.

As well as eat them.

This.

Also, I'll probably breed them with metals and pebbles.

Methinks that the green one would look especially good with a lot of things.

Hopefully the egg color isn't random (although it probably is)

I hope the egg colouring is random... Or maybe it depends on what you breed it to, like stripes?

I'm thinking of doing

user posted image x user posted image

or

depending on how my dark green genders.

I'm thinking:

And

Aaand I'll be making a dead line with this combo: