BookChallenge

250 Book Challenge

~* The 250 Book Challenge *~

What it says in the title! I challenge you to read 250 books in a year. Think you can do it? Get reading!

The Rules:

1. You have between July 31st 2010 (00:00am GMT), and July 31st 2011 (at 11:59pm GMT) to read 250 books. There are smaller milestones for those of us who can’t/won’t reach the 250 mark, and to help participants feel like they’re getting somewhere.

2. You can join at any time during the year, but you still only have until July 31st 2011 to reach the target! You can start straight away, we'll try and add you as soon as possible, if you've been left off the list or your username is misspelled, feel free to shoot a PM towards this account or one of the thread mods (mods names are in the sig).

3. Books that you've read and finished before your join date do not count, even if you join after July 31st. (E.g. you join on 3rd Sept - you can only count books from 3rd September onwards).

4. Reply to this thread once you've finished a book with the code below. You can, if you like, give a short review and/or a rating, but please don't reveal spoilers as others may not have read it.

5. If you've just started a book, or are half way through one when you begin the challenge, then that will count towards your total.

6. The only books that do not count are textbooks, or books with less than 100 pages. So you can read children’s books (provided they meet the 100 page mark), young adult, biographies etc. Any genre is accepted. Manga is only accepted if it's 500 pages or more. Online unpublised fiction is allowed if it has 20,000 words or more (please post the link to the story and the number of words, however if the story could be considered unsuitable for minors post the link to either this account or freddyness via PM)

7. Re-reads count, though I would prefer it if you label them as such (just for the records). Each time you re-read a book it counts as a point.

8. Participants are listed below, with their current book count next to their usernames.

9. There is no way to prove or disprove you’ve read the books you say you have, so please, I ask that you be honest (^^) I will, however usually check the page length of books - someone's gotta keep an eye on you lot!

10. Get reading and have fun! *shoos you*

[b]Book Number:[/b]
[b]Number Of Pages:[/b]
[b]Book Title:[/b]
[b]Author:[/b]
[b]Rating:[/b] (optional)
[b]Review:[/b] (optional)

Example:

Book Number: 1

Number Of Pages:500

Book Title: Go Dog Go!

Author: P.D. Eastman

Rating: 5/5

Review: --

Here is a banner for the competition, feel free to use it to advertise the challenge.

user posted image Made by nepenthe.catharsis.

[URL]http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?&act=ST&f=23&t=98133][IMG=http://i31.tinypic.com/2w6i25w.gif][/URL]

Milestones

Edited by BookChallenge

Our apologies due to both Freddy and Draco being in college and having a ton of work we have not been able to update as often as we'd like. Please don't be put off by this, we will try to update whenever we can.

Kanaye will be updating on no set schedule.

Participants:

A:

Aamaranthine (5)

AAurion (13)

abbyhursty (11)

Airaani (1)

Alc_fma (1)

Autana (~)

B:

Bantzville (2)

BeL0VED (21)

BlueApollo (2)

BlueCanary1 (8)

C:

Caius (11)

D:

Danne (30)

Danse (~)

DarkDamsel09 (7)

Diem Adrienne (27)

dracodoctorwhofan (22)

Dragonz_Rock_101 (12)

Dragoon1234 (~)

Dream_Thief (1)

E:

eavesdropping (6)

Eilsel516 (9)

Eluin Gentry (17)

evangeline5432 (55)

F:

FlyingHatTrick (1)

fly_away_soon (4)

Freddyness (1)

G:

G-dove (~)

grrrowl (1)

H:

I:

iceshardangel (1)

IvoryDragon432 (6)

J:

jaylynn (~)

jumonji (22)

K:

kadoatie (47)

Kanaye (226)

klinneah (45)

ksew (18)

Kusanaetle (~)

L:

Lagie (94)

Ldyfsh (19)

lightbird (54)

Lightningstreak (27)

M:

Maladroit (147)

Micropeep (10)

N:

Nimrodel (102)

NuparuMahnika (9)

O:

orderedchaos (6)

P:

Q:

Qwackie (21)

R:

Raistlin24 (28)

.Rauha (~)

Rendivaunci (~)

RubyRed74 (74)

S:

ScarlettTara (~)

Shadowflame (38)

Shadow Lor (10)

Shalarean (151)

shelle58704 (51)

Shiric debar (10)

simkim (53)

Sister of the Dragon (96)

St. Jimmy (14)

Syaoransbear (3)

T:

Tatrina (7)

Team EG-X (~)

Terras (23)

U:

V:

VampiricOmen (3)

Vesilth (1)

W:

Winged-Kitty (26)

X:

XLaurentX (7)

XxDustiFoolishLovexX (~)

Y:

Z:

Zemara (4)

Zivia (8)

ZanGetsuFuhma (~)

Edited by BookChallenge

Count me in! I wanna see if I can beat my own record from last year.

In for this year n__n

I think I'll shoot for ten million words read though, personally >> Most of my recent books are so long

Can I join? smile.gif And what do we get if we complete the chalange? mad.gif

Edited by jaylynn

Jaylynn: Of course you can join, it's open to everybody.

You don't really get anything except the knowledge that you can read 250 books in a year. There might be a prize in the form of a little trophy or something you can put in your sig if you reach a particular milestone, but we'll have to think that through before posting anything definite.

As you can see in the sig of this account there is space for the top 3 readers to be put there that will be updated weekly or fortnightly, again that's something we'll have to think about.

The main point of this challenge is to have a bit of fun and to read a lot of good, interesting books in the space of a year.

I can has join?

I have my first year of middle school coming up, so I might not make it to 250, but I'll join anyway.

I'd like to join too. Hopefully I won't be lazy in putting up books like I was/am for the 09-10 challenge. xP

I'll join, please, even if I did only get to 100 in last year's!

Ill join to please.

The last one, I stopped posting books cause I never got added to the list.

EDIT: Does the book I read tonight count? And, do online books count? Cause I read things like "The Ordinary Us" by DomLuka and that is a loooong story. Takes me about 6 or so hours to read the whole thing through. 25 Chapters long. (I actually printed 1/2 of it out in 2006 and it came up to over 170 pgs)

Edited by Kanaye

PDF File format or word or somethinglike that that allows you to coun the pages.

And no Only he books from the 1st of august and 00:01 am