Powered by Invision Power Board

Welcome Guest, Please Read This.
! Welcome to the Dragon Cave Forums! If you aren't sure what to do, here are a list of recommended locations:

Board Rules
Frequently Asked Questions
Edit Your Profile
Search the Forum

Also, please make sure you read the pinned topics in each forum before posting there, as they contain important information. In addition, if you are signed up on the Dragon Cave, please make your account ID (At the end of your scroll link) visible, either in your profile or your signature.

This box will go away on its own once you reach 10 posts.

Pages: (6) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 6  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Online/Offline Marker, Online/Offline Indicator
SockPuppet Strangler
Posted: Feb 12 2012, 03:12 PM
Quote Post

Wednesday has been canceled due to a scheduling potato.

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 7,406

~Merged~
PMEmail Poster
RotomGuy
Posted: Feb 12 2012, 03:26 PM
Quote Post

Level 7

Group: Members
Member No.: 91,855

Anonymous would always stay grey, never any of the other colours. It would be a profile option.
PMEmail Poster
fuzzbucket
Posted: Feb 12 2012, 03:39 PM
Quote Post

Last time I looked, I wasn't here.

Member No.: 55,386

QUOTE (RotomGuy @ Feb 12 2012, 08:26 PM)
Anonymous would always stay grey, never any of the other colours. It would be a profile option.

No - it should be the same as off line, or it would half cease to be anonymous.

On line or "offline/don't know".

I am on two other forums that do it that way. You shouldn't have to advertise that you want to be anonymous.
PMEmail Poster
PointOfOrigin
Posted: Feb 14 2012, 05:23 PM
Quote Post

I'm baaaaaack!

Member No.: 173,359

QUOTE (fuzzbucket @ Feb 12 2012, 09:39 PM)
No - it should be the same as off line, or it would half cease to be anonymous.

On line or "offline/don't know".

I am on two other forums that do it that way. You shouldn't have to advertise that you want to be anonymous.

I agree with fuzzbucket. What is the point of being anonymus, if everyone knows you are on site? It would show that you don't want to be contated, but there are always people who don't care about that.
PMEmail Poster
Isuzu
Posted: Feb 14 2012, 05:45 PM
Quote Post

Level 8

Member No.: 65,563

I don't really understand the need for an anonymus indicator, when the offline one would work just as well, but I definitely support a little something that shows if someone is online or not.
PMEmail Poster
fuzzbucket
Posted: Feb 15 2012, 07:46 AM
Quote Post

There IS no need for one, and if you don't want people to KNOW if you are on line, having one would mean they might PM you on spec. Which would be very very annoying mad.gif

The forum I sometimes go anon on is one where I am sometimes in a hurry, people might be watching out for me, and i don't want to deal with that just then. But nor do I want to look rude by apparently ignoring them.
PMEmail Poster
StormWizard212
Posted: Feb 15 2012, 08:23 AM
Quote Post

I run with scissors. It makes me feel danderous.

Member No.: 150,667

But having an anonymous indicator wouldn't tell people that you were online at the time - it would tell them that when you last logged on, it was on anonymous.

For example, if someone logged in three months ago and they logged in on anonymous, their indicator would still be the anonymous one now - even though they haven't been online since. So it wouldn't tell you when someone was online, it would just tell you if a certain user last logged in as anonymous.

That being said, I think just an online + offline/anonymous marker would work fine. But if there was an anonymous one as well, I don't think it would really be a big deal. This would definitely be a useful feature though.
PM
fuzzbucket
Posted: Feb 15 2012, 09:42 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (StormWizard212 @ Feb 15 2012, 01:23 PM)
But having an anonymous indicator wouldn't tell people that you were online at the time - it would tell them that when you last logged on, it was on anonymous.

For example, if someone logged in three months ago and they logged in on anonymous, their indicator would still be the anonymous one now - even though they haven't been online since. So it wouldn't tell you when someone was online, it would just tell you if a certain user last logged in as anonymous.

That being said, I think just an online + offline/anonymous marker would work fine. But if there was an anonymous one as well, I don't think it would really be a big deal. This would definitely be a useful feature though.

It would tell people that it might be worth trying because you MIGHT be on line....

Also if you want to be anonymous, you don't necessarily want to tell people that - a privacy thing (I might add that I am generally NOT anonymous, but I know people who are, and for good reasons... They like to have it show as offline.)
PMEmail Poster
firegirl
Posted: Feb 16 2012, 08:01 AM
Quote Post

Level 4

Member No.: 80,924

I support this idea. biggrin.gif
PM
DSAX
Posted: Feb 16 2012, 11:52 AM
Quote Post

Level 4

Member No.: 183,055

The anonymous, IMO should be enabled in profile options, and whether you are offline or not, it would always be grey.
PMEmail Poster
Xeonha
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 08:54 PM
Quote Post

Level 3

Member No.: 187,674

I would love to be able to click on someone's profile and see; a. If they are online, or b. When their last click was. (of course, there should be an option to opt out)

I've seen both types on forums before, so I can only hope that there is a possibility that this can be implemented.
PMEmail PosterAOL
Pokemonfan13
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 09:34 PM
Quote Post

Frying pan kitty likes toasty paws

Group: Help Moderators
Member No.: 1,214

I definitely agree. I just started on rare egg gifting to people who don't have that breed yet, and it would help me avoid PMing people who got on the gold list two months ago and have gone inactive since then, since I could look at the list and see if anyone is online, since they would be very likely to take the egg within a few days.

But only if TJ can do one that works. We had one in the past but it messed something up in the forum and he had to remove it.
PMUsers WebsiteMSN
predatorfan4ever
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 09:35 PM
Quote Post

Level 9

Member No.: 63,874

absolute yes!
PMMSN
Ashywolf
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 10:30 PM
Quote Post

Ohai TJ09

Member No.: 65,661

QUOTE (SockPuppet Strangler @ Jun 3 2010, 07:47 PM)
Either way - if TJ has any intention of bringing this back - I'm neutral. I can see how this idea would be useful - trading, if you need to contact a mod, gifting, ect - but you can always go look at the bottom of the forum page and check there, too. :3

My thoughts are summed up by this ^
PM
Drawin
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 05:25 AM
Quote Post

Level 4

Member No.: 58,676

Almost all my forums I use have this, it will definitely help.
PMEmail Poster
fuzzbucket
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 06:29 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Drawin @ Apr 29 2012, 10:25 AM)
Almost all my forums I use have this, it will definitely help.

Almost all I am on do too - with the proviso that those who want to be there anonymously show as offline. That MUST he the case here, please ?
PMEmail Poster
Layn
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 12:09 PM
Quote Post

Eevees are awesome!

Member No.: 9,094

If I have my account set to anonymous... it means I don't want people to know when I am online. Or even that I'm set to anonymous, and might possibly be online because my account is set to anonymous. Anonymous equals showing as offline.

Anonymous users don't show up in the users online list. Why should they be treated as anything other than offline?

This post has been edited by Layn on Apr 29 2012, 12:20 PM
PMEmail PosterMSN
Lagie
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 12:20 PM
Quote Post

CPA mom. Have a brownie.

Member No.: 38,824

QUOTE (AiKirikaX @ Jun 5 2010, 05:38 AM)
i support this idea
ive also sometimes wanted to know if a specific person is online
going to their profile or to one of their posts wouldnt tell me anything
and on the bottom of the forum all those names arent even sorted alphabetically and if thir are 50 members or more online its hard to search too

You can see them alphabetically.
There are two options below the names:

Show detailed by: Last Click, Member Name

If you click member Name, it will give you the list in alphabetical order (along with what forum or thread they're in).

If I'm anonymous, I don't want it saying I'm online, either. I don't do the anonymous choice often, but it's sometimes useful if I don't want to be drawn into a conversation.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
fuzzbucket
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 01:28 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Layn @ Apr 29 2012, 05:09 PM)
If I have my account set to anonymous... it means I don't want people to know when I am online. Or even that I'm set to anonymous, and might possibly be online because my account is set to anonymous. Anonymous equals showing as offline.

Anonymous users don't show up in the users online list. Why should they be treated as anything other than offline?

Exactly. But there were suggestions that those of us who are here under cover should have a DIFFERENT colour from ordinary offline. I would not support that.

AS to finding if someone specific is on line from the front page - if you LOOK for someone (use "find") their name will be highlighted in the on line users box.
PMEmail Poster
blazingstar22
  Posted: May 20 2012, 07:46 PM
Quote Post

Level 1

Member No.: 191,478

i would absolutely love this to happen!! it would be great to see when my friends are online and in the forum or on their egg pages smile.gif this would be great for trades to be faster and such. ^^ thanks for the awesome idea i hope the mods allow it and do it.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (6) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 6  Reply to this topicStart new topic