Powered by Invision Power Board

Welcome Guest, Please Read This.
! Welcome to the Dragon Cave Forums! If you aren't sure what to do, here are a list of recommended locations:

Board Rules
Frequently Asked Questions
Edit Your Profile
Search the Forum

Also, please make sure you read the pinned topics in each forum before posting there, as they contain important information. In addition, if you are signed up on the Dragon Cave, please make your account ID (At the end of your scroll link) visible, either in your profile or your signature.

This box will go away on its own once you reach 10 posts.

Pages: (6) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 6  ( Go to first unread post ) Closed TopicStart new topic

> Dragon cave wiki, Now completely restored!
beyzoar
Posted: Dec 11 2011, 12:00 AM
Quote Post

Level 5

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,528

It looks like someone just wiped out the entire Silver Tinsel page. ohmy.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
MadameX
Posted: Dec 11 2011, 01:27 AM
Quote Post

Level 3

Member No.: 166,975

QUOTE (beyzoar @ Dec 11 2011, 12:00 AM)
It looks like someone just wiped out the entire Silver Tinsel page. ohmy.gif

It's still there. I'm on it right now. huh.gif
PMEmail Poster
Nyastara
Posted: Dec 11 2011, 02:27 AM
Quote Post

Level 7

Member No.: 48,793

@ beyzoar: Someones vandalizing the page since a few days.

@ MadameX: Thanks to the awesome people who undo those vandal edits to the pages or restore them.
If you take a look at the activity page of the wiki you'll see all the edits done on the Silver Tinsel page.

If some of the people who help with restoring the vandalized pages are here. Please do not take the insults personal which the vandal keeps posting. Ignore them don't fuel their enthusiasm by questioning them, making rude comments or get insulting yourself. Stay cool, take a step back and don't let them get to you. Just keep restoring the pages and ignore their nasty comments and they will lose interest.

A great article about "Dealing wit vandalism and spam". wink.gif

This post has been edited by Nyastara on Dec 11 2011, 11:23 AM
PMUsers Website
MadameX
Posted: Dec 11 2011, 09:18 AM
Quote Post

Level 3

Member No.: 166,975

QUOTE (Nyastara @ Dec 11 2011, 02:27 AM)
@ MadameX: Thanks to the awesome people who undo those vandal edits to the pages or restore them.
If you take a look at the activity page of the wiki you'll see all the edits done on the Silver Tinsel page.

I figured that might be the case, seeing the lapse of time from beyzoar's post and mine. I did glance at the sidebar, but didn't go to it. Since it had been restored, I didn't investigate further.

Kudos to those who keep a close eye on the wiki! It's a shame that some people have nothing better to do than to trash the hard work of generous people! They need to get a life...seriously. mad.gif
PMEmail Poster
beyzoar
Posted: Dec 11 2011, 08:55 PM
Quote Post

Level 5

Member No.: 25,528

QUOTE (Nyastara @ Dec 11 2011, 02:27 AM)
@ beyzoar: Someones vandalizing the page since a few days.

I thought it was probably vandalism. sad.gif Shame that people have nothing better to do but the ones restoring the pages are doing a great job. biggrin.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
votehim
Posted: Dec 11 2011, 09:54 PM
Quote Post

Why don't we ask the circle birds.

Member No.: 44,848

Sorry about a lack of activity on my part, DC lost luster for me and after a bit of a break i'm feeling more drawn to it now. besides, i have projects to satisfy my need to organize.

The disruptive users have been banned, if i disappear for a while again and something like this happens, feel free to PM me. I only received one just this afternoon, I'd rather get and inbox full of the same request than have no one pm me by far.

Currently working on playing with navigation, I'll be playing with categories a bit so don't be confused if you see me removing things from pages.

This post has been edited by votehim on Dec 11 2011, 11:25 PM
PM
miladyz
Posted: Dec 17 2011, 02:10 AM
Quote Post

Level 10

Member No.: 46,616

Would it be possible to remove the exclamation mark from this page's link?
The forums won't let me link it because it insists on leaving out the exclamation mark.

CODE
http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Christmas_2011_Dragon_Dress_Up!
PM
Raun
Posted: Dec 17 2011, 03:01 AM
Quote Post

Level 5

Member No.: 182,593

Thank you very much for putting together the wiki. happy.gif

I love it. It has been very informative and a lot of fun to look through all the dragon types. It is a wonderful resource and I appreciate the effort the authors put in to keep it up and accurate.

The format is a little awkward and it is a bit slow, but that is really just a wikia problem as near as I can tell.
PMEmail Poster
votehim
Posted: Dec 20 2011, 02:12 AM
Quote Post

Why don't we ask the circle birds.

Member No.: 44,848

@miladyz
sure, i usually edit punctuation out of titles but seems i missed one.

I had thought i posted this earlier, but seems i never sent it.

Recently i was looking around the wiki and saw that Nyastara had well passed a 1000 edits, (about twice as fast as i did too) looking through a few i realized that she behaved very responsibly, was very active and good at working with wiki, and knew a lot about dragon cave. Thinking about it i realized that with Christmas coming up we would have chaos (and, i was right). I asked her if she was interested in being an admin and she accepted. Try not to kill each other excessively while she figures out all the new buttons. (four)

This post has been edited by votehim on Dec 20 2011, 02:12 AM
PM
Nyastara
Posted: Dec 20 2011, 08:54 AM
Quote Post

Level 7

QUOTE (votehim @ Dec 20 2011, 09:12 AM)
I had thought i posted this earlier, but seems i never sent it.

Recently i was looking around the wiki and saw that Nyastara had well passed a 1000 edits, (about twice as fast as i did too) looking through a few i realized that she behaved very responsibly, was very active and good at working with wiki, and knew a lot about dragon cave. Thinking about it i realized that with Christmas coming up we would have chaos (and, i was right). I asked her if she was interested in being an admin and she accepted. Try not to kill each other excessively while she figures out all the new buttons. (four)

@ Votehim: I think I can live with those four buttons, for they are quite nice. wink.gif *pats the well-behaved buttons*

@ All: user posted image
Yeah it's me ... Nyastara user posted image ... erm yeah what can I say? Shubi dubi du wab duiii...naaa not the right occasion. I think I already told it in one of my earlier posts in this topic: I love the DC-Wiki!
It helped me so much when I was just starting to really get into Dragon Cave. It even inspired me to translate it...yeah lots of work user posted image! (if you're german or can speak and write in german and would like to help, feel free to do so...now! Just click the link with the pink egg in my signature)
I first started contributing to the Wiki in October 2010 during the "Trick and Treat" event and kept doing so since today.
So if you have any questions about me, the Wiki or DC feel free to PM me.

Warning:

Someone posted on the Wiki the following information:
Currently buying all dragcave scrolls. Email me at [removed email adress]. Completely serious and will pay with paypal

PLEASE DO NOT answer to this. The IP-adresses already got blocked and banned from the Wiki. Please remember that no one of the Dragon Cave Staff or the DC-Wikia staff will ever ask for your password or your bank information.

Some users were also contacted via e-mail with this information, if you received such an e-mail please contact TJ or one of the moderators.

This post has been edited by Nyastara on Dec 20 2011, 08:54 AM
PMUsers Website
Classycal
Posted: Jan 31 2012, 04:00 AM
Quote Post

Level 8

Member No.: 70,779

Okay, I know I'm likely to get flack for this, but I am just sick of reading this and I think it puts me in a bad light:

...and anyone who had a decent ad-block program installed was never at risk anyways.

I've said it before, I was protected and I still got a nasty virus that nearly destroyed my computer and the folks that fixed it confirmed that it came from an ad on the Wiki. I never, ever said that it was the Wiki's fault. But this thing about not being at risk if I'd been adequately protected is just irking me enough right now that I wanted to say something, and I'd like that bit corrected. Since that originally happened to me (Yes, I'm the reason that note is there.), there have been multiple reports of the same happening to others and they were also protected. Could that be toned down a bit?

PMEmail Poster
Nyastara
Posted: Jan 31 2012, 05:16 AM
Quote Post

Level 7

QUOTE (Classycal @ Jan 31 2012, 11:00 AM)
Okay, I know I'm likely to get flack for this, but I am just sick of reading this and I think it puts me in a bad light:

...and anyone who had a decent ad-block program installed was never at risk anyways.

I've said it before, I was protected and I still got a nasty virus that nearly destroyed my computer and the folks that fixed it confirmed that it came from an ad on the Wiki. I never, ever said that it was the Wiki's fault. But this thing about not being at risk if I'd been adequately protected is just irking me enough right now that I wanted to say something, and I'd like that bit corrected. Since that originally happened to me (Yes, I'm the reason that note is there.), there have been multiple reports of the same happening to others and they were also protected. Could that be toned down a bit?

I edited that particular statement. And you won't get flack for mentioning something that bothers you and that makes you feel like it refers to you personaly.

Using protection and still getting your PC or laptop infected just sucks. I use an add block too, but I still infected my laptop with the virus that was recently spreading on DC through one of the adds. Don't know how I got it, but I fixed it and now everything is back to normal.

greez Nyastara smile.gif

This post has been edited by Nyastara on Jan 31 2012, 05:18 AM
PMUsers Website
Classycal
Posted: Jan 31 2012, 02:25 PM
Quote Post

Level 8

Member No.: 70,779

Thank you Nyastara.
PMEmail Poster
seacatsmew
Posted: Feb 16 2012, 02:41 PM
Quote Post

Level 6

Member No.: 73,008

Festival of Eggs Page
For the 'Anonymous' on 2011. I know who that is. This is jut info so people know who it is, and don't start asking everyone. Me! I still don't know how I got it. Here it is! Blue egg sitting on gold! And no, I didn't mean to brag. I just wanted to share info I found out.

And I absolutely love the Dragon Cave wiki!

This post has been edited by seacatsmew on Feb 16 2012, 02:46 PM
PMEmail Poster
kayla
Posted: Feb 24 2012, 11:07 AM
Quote Post

Level 8

Member No.: 27,682

I cannot get on wiki. I cannot load dragon types or anything else. I do not have time to read through the thread. Is it only me or is the site down? Please pm me or answer and I will be back to check.

Thank you
PMEmail Poster
Dracaena
Posted: Feb 24 2012, 02:32 PM
Quote Post

Level 9

Member No.: 83,970

QUOTE (kayla @ Feb 24 2012, 08:07 AM)
I cannot get on wiki. I cannot load dragon types or anything else. I do not have time to read through the thread. Is it only me or is the site down? Please pm me or answer and I will be back to check.

Thank you

I just wandered over to the wiki and it is working normally for me. Maybe a net hiccup between now and then?
PMEmail Poster
kayla
Posted: Feb 24 2012, 05:22 PM
Quote Post

Level 8

Member No.: 27,682

I wonder if my computer is blocking the site I cannot get it to load no matter what I do?

I used one of the other links posted in this thread and it worked.

This post has been edited by kayla on Feb 24 2012, 05:26 PM
PMEmail Poster
Nyastara
Posted: Feb 25 2012, 03:00 PM
Quote Post

Level 7

QUOTE (seacatsmew @ Feb 16 2012, 09:41 PM)
Festival of Eggs Page
For the 'Anonymous' on 2011. I know who that is. This is jut info so people know who it is, and don't start asking everyone. Me! I still don't know how I got it. Here it is! Blue egg sitting on gold! And no, I didn't mean to brag. I just wanted to share info I found out.

And I absolutely love the Dragon Cave wiki!

Do you mean that you have this egg or that you sprited/made/created this egg (for the event)?
Because the names listed on the image of the festival of eggs - 2011 are the spriters/creators of the eggs. wink.gif

The eggs were available for everybody who was online for this event.

QUOTE (kayla @ Feb 24 2012, 06:07 PM)

Thank you

I sometimes get this problem when I'm using firefox (which I'm doing most of the time), a browser restart normally helpes me with this.

This post has been edited by Nyastara on Feb 25 2012, 03:05 PM
PMUsers Website
_Z_
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 12:54 PM
Quote Post

Keeper of the Adult Conspiracy.

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 4,107

Bump.
PM
Nyastara
Posted: Jun 10 2012, 03:48 AM
Quote Post

Level 7

NEWS

What is new?
  • Normal artist pages are now category pages. (Category: Dragon Spriter)
  • Artist categories got linked to all dragon/event articles on the "Sprite Artist" section as well as to the category section at the bottom of every page.
  • Forum avatars of all artists were uploaded and added to their category article.
  • The "Personnal List" article got updated.
  • The "Artists/Spriter" tab got added to the top naviagtion bar of the Wiki
  • New categories for the Forum Mods were added. (click -> Category: Moderator)

Since Kila wrote me on the Wiki and asking me as to why all the artist and staff pages got deleted:They didn't just got deleted, beforehand there was an Announcement on the Wiki which stated that all information that can be found on the artist/staff pages will be savely transferred to a category page of the same name.
New main categories were added such as diverse artist and mod categories, check out the "Personnal List" article for this.

The artist/staff pages weren't deleted with bad intention. wink.gif It just makes it easier if they are category pages, since you only have to add the artist name to the categories at the bottom of a dragons/event article and it will instantly show up on the category site of the artist. One edit instead of two...

Read more about this on the Wiki News blog "Arist pages become Categories" which you can now find on the main page of the Wiki.

Check out the following links:

greez Nyastara
PMUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (6) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 6  Closed TopicStart new topic