Powered by Invision Power Board

Welcome Guest, Please Read This.
! Welcome to the Dragon Cave Forums! If you aren't sure what to do, here are a list of recommended locations:

Board Rules
Frequently Asked Questions
Edit Your Profile
Search the Forum

Also, please make sure you read the pinned topics in each forum before posting there, as they contain important information. In addition, if you are signed up on the Dragon Cave, please make your account ID (At the end of your scroll link) visible, either in your profile or your signature.

This box will go away on its own once you reach 10 posts.

Pages: (16) « First ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Hunger Games, Interesting book. Any readers?
Lady_Nightfox
Posted: Mar 26 2012, 08:22 PM
Quote Post

Level 10

Group: Members
Member No.: 53,751

I did love the movie. I think they stayed true to the book. Everything added was needed to understand if you hadn't understood the book (and helped the transition from first person to third person) and everything excluded wasn't really important.

The mutts were a little, weak. I think they had a bad CGI budget or something because they were poorly rendered.

On the other hand, the tracker jackers were done great, I got itchy looking at them.

The shaky camera was a bit much. I get motion sickness pretty bad but I was pre-warned of it and took some dramamine to make it through.

Also, North Carolina is gorgeous. I absolutely loved that they picked such a natural, pretty place. And if you listened they kept a lot of the natural/native sounds - things like doves, cicadas, ect.
PM
ticonderoga2
Posted: Mar 26 2012, 08:31 PM
Quote Post

Level 4

Member No.: 178,478

QUOTE (Lady_Nightfox @ Mar 26 2012, 06:22 PM)
and everything excluded wasn't really important.

I did love the movie, but I think I have to disagree. They left out one part that made me mad.
WARNING!!!! SPOILERS!!!!! (highlight it)
They left out the part at the end, where Katniss tells Peeta that she was only kissing him for food, medicine, and sponsors. After that they get angry at each other. I think that was a very important part in the book.

If they don't include that part, there isn't much reason for the second book.

This post has been edited by ticonderoga2 on Mar 26 2012, 08:32 PM
PM
Lady_Nightfox
Posted: Mar 26 2012, 08:34 PM
Quote Post

Level 10

Member No.: 53,751

That is true (I was just getting dizzy by that point and forgot about it, but on reminder that did bother me). I kept expecting them to show it...

Hopefully they will touch base with it in the second movie.
PM
Aquenee
Posted: Mar 27 2012, 10:15 AM
Quote Post

Level 8

Member No.: 49,682

I saw the movie last friday, actually got out of school to see it. Our school decided the first fifty people to read the book and make a 100 on a test on it would have a free field trip to the movies. Thing is, I don't remember a lot of things because I last read it two years ago. But hey, at least tests taken so long ago actually counted xd.png

So yeah, the movie. It was actually very good compared to most books to their movies. Pretty much the only thing I didn't like is that Haymitch never fell off the stage and got knocked unconscious. sad.gif

Everyone there had a heart attack when the mutt first jumped out, though, it was pretty flippin' hilarious.

Another thing that got me was the cornucopia... wasn't it supposed to be gold and not so oddly shaped?

/only paying attention to things that really don't matter to the story
PM
PieMaster
Posted: Mar 28 2012, 04:08 PM
Quote Post

ME FALL ACCIDENTS

Member No.: 64,985

I got my Scholastic Mockingjay Pin today 8^D-)=(
PMUsers Website
Saori_Nightstar
Posted: Mar 28 2012, 05:25 PM
Quote Post

Level 9

Member No.: 135,829

I so loved the books. I was a lil dissapointed that the film missed out some key bits, and did not explain some things better. Had to lend my friend and BF the book so they could understand some parts of the film that were only touched on in the film. I guess I got em ok as I read the book way B4 hand lol

LOL But over all, it was good and I enjoyed it! Some films that come from books are not even a speck of the novel. Least with Hunger Games it was enjoyable. smile.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
seacatsmew
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 02:00 PM
Quote Post

Level 8

Member No.: 73,008

Read all of the books, haven't seen the movie. So no spoilers.
PMUsers Website
happyseagull
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 03:37 PM
Quote Post

Level 5

Member No.: 180,108

I LOVED the Hunger Games books, and the movie was awesome, too, although they skipped a few things. I finished them weeks ago but still can't believe that Finnick and Prim die.
PMEmail Poster
tyto_alba
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 04:24 PM
Quote Post

The Vampire Collector.

Member No.: 62,659

Just finished The Hunger Games today at school. I never thought I'd like it, but honestly, it blew me away. (:

I'm going to the bookstore tomorrow to buy Catching Fire and Mockingjay.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
PointOfOrigin
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 06:10 PM
Quote Post

I'm baaaaaack!

Member No.: 173,359

Read the books last week. After all that hype it got I expected a total fail, but books were really good. I'm gonna read them again, as soon as they get translated up here. Now, I just have to find enough time to hit a theater. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
SnowSherry
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 06:19 PM
Quote Post

Level 10

Member No.: 69,699

QUOTE (Hawaiianbabidoll @ May 8 2010, 10:22 PM)
That's very true. And a few scenes may be a bit gruesome for younger viewers.... but I hate it when movies sugar coat scenes. Here's hoping they don't.

I watched the movie when it came out and was fascinated by the story, which I've not known anything at all about before.

They really took a lot of bite out of the books to make it PG13, http://io9.com/5896475/everything-the-hung...-movie-left-out
Corteo
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 06:39 PM
Quote Post

Someday I will shade something that isn't blue

Member No.: 43,833

So I saw the movie yesterday. And I absolutely loved it biggrin.gif. I think it's probably the most faithful book -> movie adaption I've seen. I can't wait for Catching Fire.
PMEmail Poster
NinjaFox27
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 12:44 PM
Quote Post

Level 0

Member No.: 189,542

I read the books I think 2 years ago? When I heard the movie was coming out I was really upset :-/ I think it should have been left alone with only your imagination. Oh wells. I think I'm going to see the movie anyways. I've heard bad things and good things about it.
PM
LevanJess
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 01:27 AM
Quote Post

Level 1

Member No.: 189,567

Since all 3 books were for sale at Walmart a few days ago, my grandparents decided to buy them for me. I haven't read them yet, but I certainly plan on reading the first one soon. I like the idea, it's very interesting, and good reviews of it everywhere.
PMEmail Poster
LwyllasLaVey
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 04:08 AM
Quote Post

Level 4

Member No.: 175,365

I haven't read the the books or seen the movie though I was tempted to. But then I stumbled across a line "Hunger Games in the new Twilight" and that put me off of it immediately. Sorry.
PMEmail Poster
Gluria
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 10:25 AM
Quote Post

Level 9

Member No.: 83,130

QUOTE (LwyllasLaVey @ Apr 1 2012, 05:08 AM)
I haven't read the the books or seen the movie though I was tempted to. But then I stumbled across a line "Hunger Games in the new Twilight" and that put me off of it immediately. Sorry.

Please don't let that stop you from reading the books or watching the movie.
The Hunger Games are NOT in any way similar to Twilight, those books have absolutely nothing in common!
It's only the fans - all freaking out about the movie, only this time it's not as crappy as Twilight.
PMEmail Poster
St. Jimmy
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 11:47 AM
Quote Post

Level 7

Member No.: 26,148

QUOTE (Gluria @ Apr 1 2012, 10:25 AM)
Please don't let that stop you from reading the books or watching the movie.
The Hunger Games are NOT in any way similar to Twilight, those books have absolutely nothing in common!
It's only the fans - all freaking out about the movie, only this time it's not as crappy as Twilight.

^This.

I felt the same way even before the movie came out. Mockingjay had just been released and they got insanely popular at my school. It reminded me too much of Twilight, so I vowed to avoid the books. But then I had to read them for a class, and you know what? I loved them.

Don't let the way the media's portraying them scare you off. They really are nothing like Twilight.
PM
LwyllasLaVey
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 12:05 PM
Quote Post

Level 4

Member No.: 175,365

Yeah, I was pretty much pushed over the edge today and got the movie. Tomorrow, I'm gonna buy some snacks and watch it.
PMEmail Poster
GokaiPink
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 12:09 PM
Quote Post

Level 6

Member No.: 183,142

Until only recently caught sight of the movie preview on television (before the release date) knew nothing what the book was about. After looking it up on the wiki pages found it to be really not my type of book/movie. I am in no shape saying it is not a good book, but it is really not of my interest to be honest.
PMEmail Poster
tyto_alba
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 10:36 PM
Quote Post

The Vampire Collector.

Member No.: 62,659

Okay, so I caved and read the first book without owning the other two. The book certainly didn't disappoint. I'm not usually one that reads post-Apocalyptic things or things that have too much sci-fi in them, but The Hunger Games blew me away.

Problem is, I can't find Catching Fire and Mockingjay in paperback. Amazon and E-Bay say Mockingjaw is in paperback, but that Catching Fire is not. The only copy of C.F in paperback I can find has this ugly, ugly cover.

Help? T w T
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (16) « First ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll