joiner123

Battling

Sock edit:

Battling would be completely optional. Like the search and hoard suggestions, this would be just for fun - a little extra something to do for those that feel like it. Unlike the search and hoard suggestions, this wouldn't give you anything (such as collectible sprites or a badge) on your scroll.

There could possibly be battling experience, so that a more experienced battler dragon had a higher chance of winning, but that wouldn't effect anything else.

It could perhaps have some fun text stories which play out some battles, but that'd just be for fun and interest. (Perhaps people would be willing to write things up?)

I skimmed this thread, and I saw some points about fighting of rogues.

What if...

A notification pops up on your scroll. An enemy wild dragon is sniffing around the cave. Do you:

A: Fight it.

B: Run and hide

Hiding would remove the notification, with no affect to your scroll. If you clicked fighting... a selection comes up of which dragons are up for a fight? Disincluding the previous mentioned mints, guardians, etc. You choose which one, it goes into battle. If it wins the wild dragon goes away, if not, you manage to escape and hide with the rest of your clan.

I would imagine the notification could be turned off and on from account settings. You would also not be forcing your dragons to fight, they would be defending themselves, and no losses if you loose

Original post:

I'm so sorry if this has already been posted and said no to, but moving on my suggestion was that adult dragons could battle. Each adult dragon could battle another person's adult dragon, just an idea when a person is locked and doesn't have much else to do. And again, if this has already been discussed then sorry!

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I'm pretty sure this was suggested before, and shot down before, as it would make this site more like the petsites that are out there, and dragoncave is not a petsite.

Anything like petsites

Feeding, playing, grooming battling, etc. Dragcave is not a pet site, don't try to make it into one.

Edited by Layn

I'm pretty sure this was suggested before, and shot down before, as it would make this site more like the petsites that are out there, and dragoncave is not a petsite.

Anything like petsites

Feeding, playing, grooming battling, etc. Dragcave is not a pet site, don't try to make it into one.

"What Not To Suggest" is there more so people can know what suggestions have been repeatedly rejected. It should not be used as a basis for denying suggestions; public opinion shifts, and things that were previously disliked by the majority may be favored now. So how about we let the users decide rather than instantly opposing the suggestion for an invalid reason.

For the record, if a 3rd party developer is interested in this, it's definitely possible to do via the API, especially with the API updates I've been working on.

I'd be interested in this only if it had no effect on the dragon being ALIVE after wards. Maybe it can effect the breeding cycles of dragons if they loose, but I'd not to loose a dragon this way.

Why would it affect breeding cycles? o.o Dragon was kicked in the crotch too hard?

Aaah I'm not really interested in battling. I like DC being a collectible site. I personally think it should remain that way.

Besides, the idea of dragons fighting each other at the whim of a human seems kinda unrealistic in my eyes. O_o;

QFT ^

Think about it for a second

Human : Dragon Go Fight Him!!!

Dragon: Uh Why?

Human: Cause I'm Bored

Imagine trying to convince a mint to fight *does not compute* this is not pkemon

NO! Absolutely NO!

I like this game precisely because it's not a pet site. I'm tired and sick of pet sites, where either you're extremely good, or you "lick". It's hard enough for a few of us, with slow connections, getting rare eggs. Imagine having extra features, such as fighting, on the site!

Anyways, I am completely against this sort of games. Pushing animals to fight, for human amusement, is simply wrong. The fact that these are pixel art, doesn't make the concept any less wrong.

Edited by DragonNighthowler

What if it went something like this;

(Dragon's name) Wishes to fight (Dragon's name), and the keeper could only influence a dragon's wish to fight?

Oh! or maybe this could be an action for the Black Dragon?

'Aggression'- Makes a dragon want to fight another dragon?

I'd rather not. I could live with it being an option, as long as it was still possible to keep playing the game as it is now, and it didn't slow the site down. But if I wanted my dragons to battle I'd be playing . . . some game where the creatures battle.

I'd like some battling, depending on how it was implemented, since some dragons are pacifists, or too small to battle.

How about if the dragons can make the cave tenders battle?

Lol! your black dragons chase you around mercilessly to train you and then your stone dragons and pebbles fling rocks at you to improve your agility, and then when all your dragons are finished harassing you, the white dragons heal you up alll better, and how many white dragons you have determines how many time you can fight or train because they'll totally need to use up their "heal" BSA to bring you back from the brink of death.

The rest of the dragons try to trample on you and call it training. The more dragons you have the worse you'll get trampled XDDDDD

ok ok enough tangent sillies.

I am not in favor of thees battling. smile.gif

"What Not To Suggest" is there more so people can know what suggestions have been repeatedly rejected. It should not be used as a basis for denying suggestions; public opinion shifts, and things that were previously disliked by the majority may be favored now. So how about we let the users decide rather than instantly opposing the suggestion for an invalid reason.

For the record, if a 3rd party developer is interested in this, it's definitely possible to do via the API, especially with the API updates I've been working on.

I think I see dollar signs in TJ's eyes. xd.png

Actually I strongly oppose the idea.

Edited by spyro76

No I mean, say you're scroll locked. You don't go on the forums. What else could you do? It may not have to be battling, but if you're scroll locked and don't go on the forums, then there isn't much to do besides wait for your eggs/hatchlings to grow up.

I don't mind scroll lock and nothing to do. this is a very low maintenance game. I can play it while playing WoW.

I hated Neopets and its battle system, and don't want this to turn into another "RAISE YOUR PETS AND BATTLE" site

No I mean, say you're scroll locked. You don't go on the forums. What else could you do? It may not have to be battling, but if you're scroll locked and don't go on the forums, then there isn't much to do besides wait for your eggs/hatchlings to grow up.

Well you could go play neopets while you're waiting smile.gif

What to do? How about this?

http://dragonnighthowler.deviantart.com/ar...unset-130770923

Or maybe this?

http://libertaddigital.com/ (this is a newspaper).

Or maybe something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/

There are thousands of things while waiting for your eggs to hatch. Go walk the dog, read a book, watch TV (I can watch TV while I play), or go into the forums (they are here for a reason, and are actually pretty fun).

I like this game, because I'm finishing my career, working, and in my small, free time, I write or draw. If I wanted a time consuming game, I'd play The Sims, Neopets, Pokemon, or whichever other game there is out there.

Meh. I'm neutral on this. I wouldn't mind it I suppose.

I hated Neopets and its battle system

It doesn't have to be like that.

Not everything that has battling is like Neopets x_x

Ugh, this topic again? *rolls eyes*

Noooo. DragonCave is a *dragon collecting* site. Not a battling site.

A lot of the dragon breeds on DC wouldn't be able to fight, anyways (their personality, size, etc etc). And as someone mentioned, how would we "make" them fight? They are a billion times bigger/stronger then us!

I might try it if it was implemented, but I'm...not thrilled with the idea. It seems largely unrealistic, and I like the simplistic collecting game as it is :/

IMO, if you're in that situation (scroll locked at 3am when no one's on the forums) and you still want to do something DC-related, then I have one word four words for you.

1, Descriptions.

2-4, go to bed.

If you're seriously that bored, then write descriptions for your dragons. A paragraph of backstory, a touch of personality, and maybe a touch of comedy here and there will not only keep you interested, but also might give you a great idea for your next school writing assingment (provided that you're taking fantasy class. If not, paraphrase).

And besides, if you don't use these forums, then you must use at least ONE forum (not counting the possibility of fansites), or else your dragons would be dying right and left. Go there.