Powered by Invision Power Board

Welcome Guest, Please Read This.
! Welcome to the Dragon Cave Forums! If you aren't sure what to do, here are a list of recommended locations:

Board Rules
Frequently Asked Questions
Edit Your Profile
Search the Forum

Also, please make sure you read the pinned topics in each forum before posting there, as they contain important information. In addition, if you are signed up on the Dragon Cave, please make your account ID (At the end of your scroll link) visible, either in your profile or your signature.

This box will go away on its own once you reach 10 posts.

Pages: (79) « First ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> The sprite practice thread., To practice your spriting skeelz yo ;D!
tikigurl91
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 06:42 AM
Quote Post

Hipster Cat Approves

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,993

@Umbre: The front legs look much better in that pose. And they aren't noodly any more. smile.gif

Although the back legs still need some fixing up. The one closest to us doesn't have a knee and the back one's (furthest away) lower half of the leg is too short. Take a look at This to help you understand what I mean.

Also, the furthest front foot should be a little bigger and more defined, like the back foot.

Other than the legs/feet the other thing I see that has been bothering me is the tail. It just seems too thick for it to be able to hold it up like that for more than a few minutes. The thickness is fine near the base of the tail but it should get gradually smaller as it gets to the end. Right now it just retains the thickness until about 3/4 of the way then gets smaller.

This post has been edited by tikigurl91 on Apr 27 2012, 06:45 AM
PMYahoo
Ashywolf
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 09:27 AM
Quote Post

Ohai TJ09

Member No.: 65,661

QUOTE (UmbreWulf @ Apr 26 2012, 01:35 PM)
EDITZ: Complete post wipe. How about this one?
I was going for a noble-I'm-an-awesome-hero-look-at-my-beautiful-mane-fly-in-the-wind-superhero-light-from-the-bottom-by-the-rising-sun-who's-awesome kind of look/is shot.

If that's a mane, I would suggest making it appear more fur-like.

The tail needs some more shading. You want the lightest highlight on the top and darkest shades on the bottom; it seems a little pillow-shaded at the moment.

This post has been edited by Ashywolf on Apr 27 2012, 09:28 AM
PM
PieMaster
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 02:11 PM
Quote Post

ME FALL ACCIDENTS

Member No.: 64,985

Whoa, that foreleg seems broken to be bent outwards at that angle. It needs to be in similar perspective as the legs
PMUsers Website
UmbreWulf
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 02:40 PM
Quote Post

Level 8

Member No.: 169,708

Could someone redline it please, I'm no good at fixing mistakes. x) Please and thanks! I will also fix the tail shading later.
PM
Xbcdrt8741
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 07:12 PM
Quote Post

Level 9

Group: Validating
Member No.: 59,291

Anyone have any crits on this sprite? Any help would be less than three'd :3
PM
Ashywolf
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 08:26 PM
Quote Post

Ohai TJ09

QUOTE (UmbreWulf @ Apr 27 2012, 12:40 PM)
Could someone redline it please, I'm no good at fixing mistakes. x) Please and thanks! I will also fix the tail shading later.

I can do this for you in a bit.
PM
DarkVioletCloud
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 04:19 PM
Quote Post

Level 4

Member No.: 184,118

Does anyone have any crits for this line of dragons I made? :3 *is a fail spriter*
user posted image
The S2 Hatchling bothers me... I'm just not sure why, and I know it's not just that annoying lumpy head...
Everyone's sprites in this thread are all so pretty! X3
PM
UmbreWulf
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 04:30 PM
Quote Post

Level 8

Are they dragon requests?

-First off, you need a darker outline color. The base and outline and kind of blurring together in my opinion.
-Also, what is holding up the rest of that wing if the finger doesn't go all the way down?
-The tails on the hatchies are a bit thick at the base and the S2's has a diagonal line instead of a nice curve.
-The S2 hatchling has longer arms than the adult.
-The S1's back legs are too chunky and need some more definition.
-The S2 and adult's back feet are too long.
-The S2's front paws don't have any muscle definition and one joint.

Also, you might want to tone the red down just a smidge; it's kinda bright. Hope this helped! :3

This post has been edited by UmbreWulf on Apr 30 2012, 04:31 PM
PM
DarkVioletCloud
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 05:35 PM
Quote Post

Level 4

Member No.: 184,118

I might make them dragon requests. I don't want to make a topic yet about them because I'm paranoid (not sure if this is the right word for the situation) that a bunch of people will want to sprite, then start a sprite, and never finish, and just leave me hanging with the thought that they might not have left me with the rights to edit it. (It happened to me.)

Since there's so many edits I have to make, I'm just going to start over. (I'm gonna put it all off, as I'm already far behind on homework and I'm sidetracking with MLP. xd.png)

And yeah, I hated bright red from the start. xd.png
PM
PieMaster
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 05:44 PM
Quote Post

ME FALL ACCIDENTS

Member No.: 64,985

The hatchies will need to be much smaller for a DR. They can be 40X 40 max. In addition, you'll want many more shades, plus everything Umbre said,
PMUsers Website
Fire-Ice
Posted: May 1 2012, 07:45 PM
Quote Post

Level 8

Member No.: 151,398

Does anyone have some crits for these two sprite lines? The first one is the S2 for my dragon request, the Icarus Wyvern, and the second one is an adult for a dragon based off of Portuguese Water Dogs I will eventually make a thread for....

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by Fire-Ice on May 1 2012, 07:54 PM
PMUsers Website
UmbreWulf
Posted: May 2 2012, 05:25 AM
Quote Post

Level 8

(I already gave crit on your hatchling at the IW thread, so I'll crit your PWD dragon.)

First and foremost, you need to smooth out those lines there. The toes/feet also need more definition. The front legs need to connect a bit higher up too. The head's a bit long too. The far back/front legs also need some more definition. :3
PM
Ashywolf
Posted: May 2 2012, 12:35 PM
Quote Post

Ohai TJ09

QUOTE (UmbreWulf @ May 2 2012, 03:25 AM)
(I already gave crit on your hatchling at the IW thread, so I'll crit your PWD dragon.)

First and foremost, you need to smooth out those lines there. The toes/feet also need more definition. The front legs need to connect a bit higher up too. The head's a bit long too. The far back/front legs also need some more definition. :3

This, but also don't be afraid to make the wings longer :3.
PM
Xbcdrt8741
Posted: May 2 2012, 06:52 PM
Quote Post

Level 9

Group: Validating
Member No.: 59,291

QUOTE (Xbcdrt8741 @ Apr 27 2012, 07:12 PM)
Anyone have any crits on this sprite? Any help would be less than three'd :3

Boop, still hoping for crits :3
PM
Ashywolf
Posted: May 2 2012, 09:46 PM
Quote Post

Ohai TJ09

QUOTE (Xbcdrt8741 @ May 2 2012, 04:52 PM)

Oops, sorry. I tend to skim over posts looking for images xd.png.

I would think that you would be able to see the far hind leg, since you can see the far fore leg.

I'd also like to see the upper part of the leg (above the knee) have a bit more muscle so to speak. It seems awfully thin. You'd have to lower the middle part of the low (between knee and heel) to compensate.
PM
Thuban
Posted: May 2 2012, 10:16 PM
Quote Post

Queen of Prize-balloon hoarding

Group: Chat Moderator
Member No.: 29,032

QUOTE (Xbcdrt8741 @ May 2 2012, 06:52 PM)

Your tail has a prettybad kink in it, try rounding it out some.
unless your dragon lays funny like my dog does, i think you would end up seeing toes at least for the other rear foot.
As for shading: afraid i wont be much help, colorblind. What I can say though is your lighter shades seem to be coming from different directions. Some of it (tail mostly) is top shaded (light coming straight down), head and neck from the top left.. but rear leg has more of a direct light source. I would decide where the light is supposed to me and try to match the lighting to that a bit more.
PMAOLYahoo
Fire-Ice
Posted: May 2 2012, 11:10 PM
Quote Post

Level 8

Member No.: 151,398

Okay... Here is my updated PWD Sprite. I shortened the head, added some definition the the legs, had them connect higher, and made the wings longer. I am not sure what you mean by smooth the lines... The front part is supposed to have a curly appearance. Is there anyway to smooth the lines, but still make it look curly?

user posted image
PMUsers Website
Ashywolf
Posted: May 2 2012, 11:36 PM
Quote Post

Ohai TJ09

QUOTE (Fire-Ice @ May 2 2012, 09:10 PM)
Okay... Here is my updated PWD Sprite. I shortened the head, added some definition the the legs, had them connect higher, and made the wings longer. I am not sure what you mean by smooth the lines... The front part is supposed to have a curly appearance. Is there anyway to smooth the lines, but still make it look curly?

user posted image

The lines need to be smoothed because you have "stairsteps" where each of your lines meet which need to be cleaned.

Lines should not connect to eachother. It should be like this: ----___ with no overlap.

user posted image

This post has been edited by Ashywolf on May 2 2012, 11:42 PM
PM
Saruwatari
Posted: May 3 2012, 04:24 AM
Quote Post

Proud owner of The Fight for the Magic <3

Member No.: 50,652

user posted image
Yes I am making the sprite worse and worse xd.png
so... critz on head and far paw (or just both the paws for the sake of it) pwease? :3
PMEmail PosterMSN
Ashywolf
Posted: May 3 2012, 09:37 AM
Quote Post

Ohai TJ09

QUOTE (Saruwatari @ May 3 2012, 02:24 AM)
user posted image
Yes I am making the sprite worse and worse xd.png
so... critz on  head and far paw (or just both the paws for the sake of it) pwease? :3

The legs need some poking :3.

The end of the paws should be flat on the floor. It's okay in the nearest leg but not the far one. You probably need to raise the heel a little on the far leg too. With the nearest leg it would probably help to have more definition on the knee (it looks a bit thin; remember this is wyvern and only uses two feet to support itself, not four). Maybe you should give a better indication of the heel in the near leg...the angle means you wouldn't really see it, but for that to happen the leg would have to be completely facing the viewer. Seeing the dragon's pose that might be a bit uncomfortable...try turning it to the left a little.

Headwise...you need to round out the lines on the bottom jaw. You have 3 straight lines there. It might help if you made the head longer too. Depends on what physique of dragon you are aiming for.

This post has been edited by Ashywolf on May 3 2012, 09:39 AM
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (79) « First ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll