Powered by Invision Power Board

Welcome Guest, Please Read This.
! Welcome to the Dragon Cave Forums! If you aren't sure what to do, here are a list of recommended locations:

Board Rules
Frequently Asked Questions
Edit Your Profile
Search the Forum

Also, please make sure you read the pinned topics in each forum before posting there, as they contain important information. In addition, if you are signed up on the Dragon Cave, please make your account ID (At the end of your scroll link) visible, either in your profile or your signature.

This box will go away on its own once you reach 10 posts.

Pages: (174) « First ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Final Fantasy
Fortune86
Posted: Apr 17 2012, 08:27 AM
Quote Post

rawr

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,249

Holy Bananapants!

Just seen a trailer for Versus, with english text! No sound I'm afraid, but it looks fantastic.

I also want to know who the girl with the BFS is.
PMEmail Poster
Chicogal
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 04:35 AM
Quote Post

And you let her go...

Member No.: 72,743

I am an addict. biggrin.gif

Is FFX-2 as fun? o3o
PMUsers Website
Syaoransbear
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 04:45 AM
Quote Post

That's a clean burning hell, I tell you what

Member No.: 17,310

QUOTE (Chicogal @ Apr 22 2012, 03:35 AM)

Is FFX-2 as fun? o3o

sucks, unless you are into playing dressup.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
NixAyum
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 10:29 AM
Quote Post

There's a place I know, if you're looking for a show...

Group: General Discussion Moderators
Member No.: 29,756

QUOTE (Chicogal @ Apr 22 2012, 05:35 AM)

Is FFX-2 as fun? o3o

FFX-2 is one of those polarizing games. You either love it or really hate it. I for one love it.

It's very fun (to me, anyway) but very, very different from X.

-X is super linear, 2 is like the complete opposite of linear. It has a plot and you can choose to simply follow it, but there is also the whole great world of Spira to explore that has a ton of sidequests and development for minor characters and there's mini-games and all sorts of stuff.

-2 has completion percentages for different endings. 100% is tricky to get but it has a different, extended ending. There is at least one more ("bad" ending) and I think a 4th, but I'm not sure. Even if you don't get the full 100, the ending is pretty good.

-2 goes back to a regular leveling system and has the Dresspheres. Basically, I'm floored by the creativity and pure fun of this thing. With X, you equip weapons, armor, use the sphere grid to increase stats and learn abilities, but in 2 you just equip a dressphere, which functions like a class in FF games, and it gives you your weapon, outfit, changes stats, abilities, and you also learn new abilities for your dressphere through a point system. This has been called fanservice because some of those outfits are...fanservice, basically, but I love them. (Thief, Lady Luck, like at least half the DS in general?)

-X has turn-based battles, but 2 uses a real-time based system and it's kinda hectic at first but you get used to it. A timer bar under your HP and stuff fills and when it does you pick your action. For Attack it's immediate and your timer just starts again, but for spells and some abilities there's a second timer, which shortens as you go along, after which you can immediately pick another action.

-X has Tidus narrating and 2 just gives it to Yuna, with a lot more introspection. With Tidus it's mostly commenting on the pilgrimage and the occasional bit on his father or Zanarkand, but with Yuna it's a lot more self-centered. 2 is about Yuna after her pilgrimage, how she goes on another adventure with Rikku and a new girl Paine, and a lot of the commentary is about how Spira is changing, how she's growing and moving on and finding a new place now that she's not a summoner. (Yeah, no more summoner, so no Aeons in 2.) If you find Tidus annoying, you probably won't like Yuna any better, but I never had a problem with him and was really surprised to hear a lot of people say "OMG HE'S SO ANNOYING SHUT UP STUPID".

-2 keeps the 3-person-party and I guess gives you a little more flexibility in how you set your party up. In X if you want a Black Mage you have to have Lulu in your party (Luuuu <3), but in 2 with the dresspheres you can make anyone a BM and there are a lot of ds to collect and use.

I feel like there's more but I'm forgetting. Look up some gameplay vids to see if you think you'd like it.
PMEmail Poster
Fortune86
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 03:16 AM
Quote Post

rawr

The battle system in X-2 never bothered me. My first game in the series was VIII, which had the ATB system. I was really confused at first because all RPG I had played up until then were turn based, but once I got the hang of it I really enjoyed it.
PMEmail Poster
gistofeverything
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 02:05 PM
Quote Post

Level 10

Group: Banned
Member No.: 120,849

So y'all prefer ATB? I like my regular turn-based games because I have time to think about what moves I want to use, and I have time to reference an enemy's weakness, and cast the most efficient spells/abilities to get through the battle virtually unscathed. That's just my two cents on it~ ^^
PMEmail Poster
Chicogal
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 02:38 PM
Quote Post

And you let her go...

Member No.: 72,743

Heh. I luuurvvee Tidus. <3 He's mega-cute. In both ways and looks. And he reminds he strongly of one of my RP characters with his blonde hair and attitude. Which is why his name is Copen. xd.png WotwotIthinkIhaveacrushonagamecharacteragain-

I love the idea of exploring Spira! So, kind of like Zelda in a way? As in, you can break away from the plot and do other stuff? X3

I think I'll be buying the game. xd.png This is the first time I've played games like this, so luckily I'm not stuck in my ways when it comes to the fighting and leveling and stuffs. Just a bit confused at first. xd.png

Y'know, I kind of hated the game after the first half an hour or so. But then the storyline really began. X3 I was honestly not really wanting to play - it was so different!

So, uh, I am at the Al Bhed city, after the desert. Just seen the ultra cute/sad scene where he finds out what the Final Aeon means. D'awwwww. Scenes are so cute and emotional they make me want to cry. :c Don't tell me what is coming up next! I like surprises. :3
PMUsers Website
Saruwatari
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 03:17 PM
Quote Post

Proud owner of The Fight for the Magic <3

Member No.: 50,652

I'm addicted to final fantasy <3
I want ALL the games... got 7, 10, 10-2 and 12 :3
had the first 5 games on my ds also but then my card died on me T_T
PMEmail PosterMSN
Fortune86
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 06:57 AM
Quote Post

rawr

QUOTE (gistofeverything @ Apr 24 2012, 08:05 PM)
So y'all prefer ATB? I like my regular turn-based games because I have time to think about what moves I want to use, and I have time to reference an enemy's weakness, and cast the most efficient spells/abilities to get through the battle virtually unscathed. That's just my two cents on it~ ^^

I'm fine with either method of combat. ATB does seem to make the battle flow better though and it seems more realistic than having half your team standing around while getting nommed by monsters.
PMEmail Poster
Aquenee
Posted: May 26 2012, 02:43 PM
Quote Post

Level 8

Member No.: 49,682

Okay, I'm pretty into KH which got me a bit interested in Final Fantasy. So, knowing absolutely nothing of it other than a few select characters, I bought two games from gamestop. III and IV. Are these somewhat okay for a beginner? :3
PM
NixAyum
Posted: May 26 2012, 07:21 PM
Quote Post

There's a place I know, if you're looking for a show...

Group: General Discussion Moderators
Member No.: 29,756

No idea.

/still needs to start her FF3 DS game qq
PMEmail Poster
Niimura
Posted: May 26 2012, 11:46 PM
Quote Post

Level 1

Member No.: 191,855

I'll never be able to answer with one is my favorite.
I love all the old and new FF games, the spinoffs, remakes, all them! xd.png
PMEmail Poster
glass_kisses
Posted: May 27 2012, 05:24 AM
Quote Post

Level 6

Member No.: 191,658

FF IX is my favourite. It had the best world-building and awesome characters. It's strangely underrated in real life but slightly overrated in most Final Fantasy forums. Then it's probably FF VII second and FF X third.

X-2 had the best gameplay in the whole series (in my opinion, anyway) but the characterization was... different. The multiple endings were pretty cute though and the bad, bad ending where everything gets destroyed (I think?) was a surprise to get.

I liked XIII-2 so much more than XIII. Something about XIII's linearity bothered me in a way that X's linearity never did.

This post has been edited by glass_kisses on May 27 2012, 05:26 AM
PMEmail Poster
7Deadly$ins
Posted: May 27 2012, 05:25 AM
Quote Post

Guardian Spirit Raina

Member No.: 8,128

I almost can't stand XIII-2. I liked the gameplay, but I've decided to consider it non-canon.
PMEmail Poster
Mouzeh
Posted: May 27 2012, 02:17 PM
Quote Post

Level 1

Member No.: 191,644

Final Fantasy <333
I LOVE those games, but I don't have a Xbox or Playstation 3.. Dx
So I can only watch it on YouTube c:

My favorite is XIII(2), but X looks very cool, too.
Hope as avatar, yay! xd.png
PMEmail Poster
Fortune86
Posted: May 28 2012, 03:57 AM
Quote Post

rawr

Now that I have worked out how to get internet on my PS3, I may download FFV and FFVI from the PSN network. I just need the money.

Reading up on the Lightning DLC I can see a strong possibility for FFXIII-3. I just hope we get to play as Lightning this time, as she is still my favourite character from that Universe.
PMEmail Poster
Fortune86
Posted: Jun 11 2012, 03:22 AM
Quote Post

rawr

OMG. They are going to port FF3 onto the PSP.

So friggin happy.
PMEmail Poster
Thaelasan
Posted: Jun 11 2012, 02:03 PM
Quote Post

Level 4

Member No.: 66,460

Sup Final Boss dude. Kevna right?

FFX, best one ever in my opinion. Especially since Auron was such a kick@$$ dude. You couldn't handle his raw power.
PMEmail Poster
Red Dragonette
Posted: Jun 11 2012, 03:24 PM
Quote Post

Aqua and Terra, the sexy couple!

Member No.: 41,113

My Top 5 Final Fantasies are:
1. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (excellent gameplay, great music, and tear-jerking ending)
2. Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 (excellent music, wonderful characters, awesome villain in XIII-2, beautiful graphics, and a shocking ending in XIII-2)
3. Final Fantasy IX (excellent story; wonderful characters, especially with the Steiner hating on Zidane moments, which were pretty funny IMO; great gameplay)
4. Final Fantasy IV (nice drama and story, great gameplay)
5. Final Fantasy VII (great characters, awesome villain, great funny moments)

I'd put FFX on the list, but I thought Crisis Core deserved a place up there since I really like the game. Anyway, I can't wait to get Theatrhythm in July and hear about FFX's release date for the Vita. Also, some of you might call me crazy or whatever, but I'd rather have FFXIII-3 released sooner than FFversusXIII. That's because I want to see what happens after... you know what? I'm not going to spoil it for you guys.
PMEmail Poster
7Deadly$ins
Posted: Jun 11 2012, 03:59 PM
Quote Post

Guardian Spirit Raina

Member No.: 8,128

Having a cliffhanger doesn't make it good. FFXIII-2's ending would've been a lot better even if it ended as Noel and Serah disappeared into the Time Gate leading to the future. I would also rather have Versus, because I disliked a lot about XIII-2 and I also want Kingdom Hearts 3, which will not be starting development until after Versus is completed.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (174) « First ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll