Powered by Invision Power Board

Welcome Guest, Please Read This.
! Welcome to the Dragon Cave Forums! If you aren't sure what to do, here are a list of recommended locations:

Board Rules
Frequently Asked Questions
Edit Your Profile
Search the Forum

Also, please make sure you read the pinned topics in each forum before posting there, as they contain important information. In addition, if you are signed up on the Dragon Cave, please make your account ID (At the end of your scroll link) visible, either in your profile or your signature.

This box will go away on its own once you reach 10 posts.

Pages: (4) 1 2 [3] 4  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> RP Guides, Tips, Information and Help, Open for public comments.
Leaves-Of-A-Tree
Posted: Jan 3 2012, 06:30 PM
Quote Post

Level 4

Group: Members
Member No.: 181,268

There's another underused term I don't see.
"Bunnying". Lol, it's when someone controlls another character.
PMEmail Poster
Khallayne
Posted: Jan 3 2012, 06:44 PM
Quote Post

Not as Inactive as my group title says.

Group: Inactive Moderator
Member No.: 14,835

I consider that playing god. xd.png
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
523ponygirl
Posted: Jan 30 2012, 05:43 PM
Quote Post

Level 4

Member No.: 180,983

I looked around and I've fixed all the mistakes on my RP. The approver assigned to my RP{soupinaz, great approver, by the way!} quit to let a newbie to the approving business approve the rest of my RP, and I haven't heard from him/her in about a week or so now. Please send another approver to help me here. Thanks!

~ 523ponygirl
PMEmail Poster
dangershy
Posted: May 17 2012, 02:42 PM
Quote Post

Level 6

Member No.: 57,349

I wasn't sure if I should post here, or PM a RP mod.. but I think that there should be a word of the week, or something like that, for all the newbie RP'ers here. I've joined quite a few roleplays and some of the people who made/joined the RPs aren't all that good with words and spelling stuff out. *is not going to name names* They say 'u' instead of 'you', and so on... but some do make an effort to learn, and I thought a word of the week would be useful for them. Or something along those lines. Like how I never knew the word 'acrimony' before. 'Acrimony: Bitter, sharp hostility, espically in speech.' I rather like to have a large vocabulary, and when I learn a new word I use it a lot. But I just figured I should post this here... Please correct me if I shouldn't have.
PMEmail Poster
Walker
Posted: May 17 2012, 03:14 PM
Quote Post

Spitting sparks!

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 34,649

QUOTE (dangershy @ May 17 2012, 02:42 PM)
I wasn't sure if I should post here, or PM a RP mod.. but I think that there should be a word of the week, or something like that, for all the newbie RP'ers here. I've joined quite a few roleplays and some of the people who made/joined the RPs aren't all that good with words and spelling stuff out. *is not going to name names* They say 'u' instead of 'you', and so on... but some do make an effort to learn, and I thought a word of the week would be useful for them. Or something along those lines. Like how I never knew the word 'acrimony' before. 'Acrimony: Bitter, sharp hostility, espically in speech.' I rather like to have a large vocabulary, and when I learn a new word I use it a lot. But I just figured I should post this here... Please correct me if I shouldn't have.

The best bet for this would be a thread in forum games or something along those lines. Your best bet is to contact a GD mod to ask if it would be alright.
PM
dangershy
Posted: May 17 2012, 03:27 PM
Quote Post

Level 6

Member No.: 57,349

Thanks, Walker. Will do so. wink.gif Was just wondering.
PMEmail Poster
Fangirl05
Posted: Oct 13 2012, 04:03 PM
Quote Post

Level 3

Member No.: 195,742

I have a thread in the Unapproved section. The scroll is closed and it has a dark blotch on it. Is this where I can come to find out what the heck that means? huh.gif
PMEmail Poster
SockPuppet Strangler
Posted: Oct 13 2012, 04:31 PM
Quote Post

Wednesday has been canceled due to a scheduling potato.

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 7,406

QUOTE (Fangirl05 @ Oct 13 2012, 03:03 PM)
I have a thread in the Unapproved section. The scroll is closed and it has a dark blotch on it. Is this where I can come to find out what the heck that means? huh.gif

That's more of a help question. :3

But - an open scroll means there are new posts you haven't read. A closed scroll means you've read all the posts. No blotch means you haven't posted in the topic and a blotch means you have posted in the topic.
PMEmail Poster
Fangirl05
Posted: Oct 13 2012, 05:21 PM
Quote Post

Level 3

Member No.: 195,742

QUOTE (SockPuppet Strangler @ Oct 13 2012, 05:31 PM)
That's more of a help question. :3

But - an open scroll means there are new posts you haven't read. A closed scroll means you've read all the posts. No blotch means you haven't posted in the topic and a blotch means you have posted in the topic.

Thanks smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
KoalaNoob
Posted: Nov 13 2013, 08:35 PM
Quote Post

Mrrrrrrrrrrrrp

Group: RP Approvers
Member No.: 202,443

Are any of the approvers still active?
PM
Mousia
Posted: Nov 13 2013, 08:41 PM
Quote Post

Let a little Hell in.

Member No.: 190,597

Sometimes they are, sometimes not.
Socky and I are the most active people who approve right now. Walker is kind of active and DH is super swamped.
PM
KoalaNoob
Posted: Nov 13 2013, 08:42 PM
Quote Post

Mrrrrrrrrrrrrp

Group: RP Approvers
Member No.: 202,443

Alright. Thanks, Mousia.
PM
na82008
Posted: Nov 17 2013, 11:46 AM
Quote Post

Level 4

Member No.: 203,703

hey, you know, the plural of anime is not "animes" its just anime. one anime, or many anime. its not an English word and Japanese doesn't use plural often.
PMEmail Poster
Mousia
Posted: Nov 17 2013, 11:57 AM
Quote Post

Let a little Hell in.

Please look to post relevant things in all threads on this board. If you want to chat, please use the CPA (Compulsive Posters Anonymous) in the 'games' section. Thank you.
PM
SockPuppet Strangler
Posted: Nov 17 2013, 03:47 PM
Quote Post

Wednesday has been canceled due to a scheduling potato.

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 7,406

I think that was their way of asking for a typo in this post to be fixed: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=247073

On Demons I realize that there is some sort of appeal to having a demon (or an angel for that matter) as a character, however, that doesn't mean your character is 'sexy.' If you've done any research into demonology, there are very few 'seducing' demons who may or may not look somewhat human. Animes do not give a good explanation to some demons or angels for that matter. Please try to look up what demons and angels might be like before you start in as a 'cat demon.'

I've gone in and fixed it since it's been so long I don't think the user of the post will mind but, na82008, in the future please include some reference of what you're speaking about to avoid confusion. These posts are from 2008 and the one you referenced is by a user, not a mod. We definitely don't have every part of all the posts memorized. x3
PMEmail Poster
shibathedragon
Posted: Dec 1 2013, 05:11 PM
Quote Post

Level 3

Member No.: 207,172

My one unapproved RP is more like some sort of story that will end. Would it be OK to just....finish the story, and then fool around in the RP afterwards? blink.gif
PMEmail Poster
Mousia
Posted: Dec 1 2013, 06:14 PM
Quote Post

Let a little Hell in.

Um...I don't really know what you mean exactly, but you could certainly finish the story, have another timeline suddenly begin and just use the characters however. Or just continue from the 'end' of your plot. Basically, you can have fun as long as you're on topic and being nice to everyone. What wouldn't be okay would be excluding people, being rude, or just using the thread to chat.
PM
shibathedragon
Posted: Dec 2 2013, 05:33 PM
Quote Post

Level 3

Member No.: 207,172

OK, thanks, and just one more question:

Are we allowed to make 2 RPs in the unnaproved RPs section?
PMEmail Poster
Mousia
Posted: Dec 2 2013, 05:53 PM
Quote Post

Let a little Hell in.

Yes, but no more than two.
PM
Mistress of Whispers
Posted: Jan 2 2014, 03:49 AM
Quote Post

Stalking dragons and eating cookies

Member No.: 21,782

Out of curiousity: Does the unapproved section get cleaned out? There are some unapproved RPs that haven't been touched by their OP for months.
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (4) 1 2 [3] 4  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll