Powered by Invision Power Board

Welcome Guest, Please Read This.
! Welcome to the Dragon Cave Forums! If you aren't sure what to do, here are a list of recommended locations:

Board Rules
Frequently Asked Questions
Edit Your Profile
Search the Forum

Also, please make sure you read the pinned topics in each forum before posting there, as they contain important information. In addition, if you are signed up on the Dragon Cave, please make your account ID (At the end of your scroll link) visible, either in your profile or your signature.

This box will go away on its own once you reach 10 posts.

Pages: (120) « First ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Give your dragon a journal!
poppy97
Posted: Apr 9 2012, 01:50 PM
Quote Post

Level 5

Group: Members
Member No.: 41,924

Dear journal,
Fights among the other clan members have been happening recently with many wounds inflicted. I and the other whites (with the exception of Chaos Lunar) have struggled to heal all of them as there are many gashs that we simply can't do anything for, but to leave them alone hoping they won't get infected. The pair of Shadow Walkers, Cochiti and Obscuratio have been helping as well, but it's taken a toll on both of them with Cochiti nearly dying several times.

Nevertheless, she keeps trying to help, despite Obscuratio insisting that she should rest! Meanwhile, our owner is suffering as well, with attacks from other humans that mean she is often alert for danger, but we worry for her health as it is declining at a rapid rate. Hopefully things will have eased by next week, otherwise I'm afraid we'll have to move away and find a new place to stay.

Delia Candida

This post has been edited by poppy97 on Apr 9 2012, 02:01 PM
PM
lulubelle00
Posted: Apr 9 2012, 04:36 PM
Quote Post

Level 5

Member No.: 65,772

Dear journal,
The opposing army is growing by the day, not a good thing. Deadliest Iris lead us vampires against the Sin's army and it went badly. Deadly Pepper got several new scars, Deadly Lavender lost one of his horns, and Deadly Coral was nearly captured by that crazy magi, Slafe. When Deadly Angel hesitated, Flaming Falls gave me a long scratch down the side of my neck and pinned me to the ground.

I would have died if Deadly Lemon haven't arrived with the back ups; NightClan and FieryClan. Night Meadow managed to pull the magma off of me before I passed out.

I woke up in a den, covered in bandages. After chatting with Jade, our clan's medic, I found out that the dragons not wanting or not capable of fighting live in this cave. After befriending a small skywing called Yoqua, I'm in no rush to rejoin the battle. But I'm rather concerned about about her coughing fits. Poor thing was attacked by ice dragon.

~Deadly Carnation
PMEmail Poster
poppy97
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 04:56 AM
Quote Post

Level 5

Oh dear, after yesterday's fighting, I'd thought that things had calmed down by now but hardly at all. Now our owner has received a very nasty letter a few hours ago, which made her furious. Never have I seen her fly into such a rage but then she stormed off, presumably to hunt down the person or people who wrote it.
She hasn't come back yet which leaves the rest of the clan members worried about where she's gone and I feel something's amiss... Maybe not to the clan's liking.

Meanwhile Fates has been looking after the eggs and hatchlings with a lot of success, which makes me jealous, as most of the hatchlings come to me to be looked after, not her. But I guess, everyone's shattered, as I can see most of the clan members sleeping. Which reminds me to get some sleep.

Ivy Sin
PM
applemcsauce
Posted: Apr 19 2012, 03:43 PM
Quote Post

Level 4

Member No.: 71,142

Scarlet MacDubh came to my den this evening.

"Whitewood, darling," she said as she floated into the room and settled down on my bed, her tone weary and her balloon-like figure looking a bit deflated. "I'm getting old, you know."

"Yes, ma'am," I said softly. My leader was right - she was the first and oldest dragon in the clan, as everyone knew.

Scarlet sighed. "It has come time for me to retire from my position as clan leader. However, I have chosen a new dragon to take my place." As she said the last bit, she untucked a little leather bundle from under her wing and presented it to me. "The immortal child of our ancestors. Take great care to raise it."

Immortal child of... what? I thought, my expression becoming one of confusion. Slowly and carefully, I began to unwrap the leather, and when it was fully unwrapped I understood what my leader had meant.

In my paws sat a glowing, squirming hatchling, which I instantly recognized to be a Guardian of Nature. It looked up at me with its lilac eyes and chirped softly before attempting to hop up my arms. My eyes widened. "When did this take place, Scarlet?"

"Moonrise, three days ago. I kept the egg hidden away in my den until now."

"So... are we going to tell the rest of the clan?" I asked, a bit unsure of her answer.

"Tomorrow," she decided after a while. "I need a bit of rest. Assemble the clan at sunhigh, in the great hall. I will then announce my retirement and the birth of our new leader." She gave a soft chuckle as she floated up off the bed and to the moss-curtained door. "Hopefully he or she will be gendered by then. Goodnight, Whitewood."

"Goodnight, Scarlet," I nodded as she disappeared out into the corridor, the moss swishing behind her. I glanced down at the now-sleeping Guardian of Nature in my paws and smiled. The hatchling chirped in its sleep, then I took it to the nest with the other young and nestled it next to the Black egg.

"Sleep well, little hatchlings," I bid them goodnight as I went to my own bed to turn in for the night.

PMUsers Website
lulubelle00
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 12:03 PM
Quote Post

Level 5

The prophecy is complete.

My dreams are whispering something. Though I'm not sure what the meaning is.

A fiery dragon's final stand
Destroyed by a cold hand
The Clans must break like a piece of glass
A leader stabbed with a piece of brass
Two will turn against the other
A roaring fire will finally be smother
Though that will not end the war
Find the egg surrounded by lore
Summoned by light, fire, and water
It will end the time of slaughter

In other words, I'm worried about Yogua's health. Her coughing keeps the entire cave awake.

Then the ice dragons keep attacking hatchlings and freezing them. Only a few have made it to adulthood.

~Vazzmanoa
PMEmail Poster
Muile
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 10:27 AM
Quote Post

Level 4

Member No.: 184,325

This place...I'm not sure if I like it. There's something eerie about it, despite the presence of several adults, who are looking after the eggs. And me. Since I'm currently the only hatchling, I have been placed in a separate nest. It's too spacious for one hatchling, however, and I wish I had someone sharing it with me. The adults are all very attentive, and are clearly trying their best to make me feel welcome. Too attentive, actually. It's a little smothering, in a way.

Still, my sense of uneasiness continues. I can't put a name to what is causing it yet. Indeed, I don't know if it's just a false alarm, or if there is something to be worried about. Time, that's what I need. Time will tell if my senses are lying to me or not.

There is now another hatchling sharing the nest with me. Unlike me, it doesn't yet have a name, and seems unwilling or unable to respond to my questions. It just sits there, blinking and occasionally looking round. It doesn't seem to be the cause of my unrest, but...well, that's enough for today.

Gintoki Mistsong

This post has been edited by Muile on Apr 27 2012, 03:44 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Muile
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 05:24 AM
Quote Post

Level 4

Member No.: 184,325

The sense that something isn't quite right continues to haunt me. I've determined that the silent little hatchling who shares the nest with me isn't the cause, however. It seems to be slightly more relaxed now, and not quite so given to jumping at the slightest noise or movement. The fact that there are two other hatchlings of the same species seem to have helped as well. They give off a strange smell, and every now and then, one of them does attempt to steal my food.

There's also a White hatchling, with who I have become friends. It doesn't have a name yet. None of the others do, apart from me. That does strike me as somewhat strange. Why am I the only hatchling to have a name? I haven't grown my frills yet, so don't know my gender, either.

Gintoki Mistsong

This post has been edited by Muile on Apr 29 2012, 05:25 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Bjandsadie
Posted: May 7 2012, 05:06 PM
Quote Post

Level 2

Member No.: 186,219

Dear journal,
Things in the cave are exiting! Two of our Tinsel eggs just hatched! One was a bronze and one, a gold! Silver star [our silver tinsel] named them gold gate and tarnished gate. We are going to elect a new dragon leader for our tribe. Out current one thinks he has be leader to long and wants to hand down his role to a much younger male dragon. We all think it will be Flower of the bush but were not sure. But we all know it will be a purple! Our cave is getting crowded. I'm not sire but I think were getting closer 200. We are going to move to a much larger cave on the other side of the lake. Out water based dragons love that lake and in the other cave theirs and extinsen and we are going to have a nursery,guards room, healing room, vampire room and a breeding room! At least- that's what I heard. I'm just an un-gendered hatchling. None of the adults are going to share that information with me! I just like eaves dropping on them with the other hatchlings. Someone's we will even sneak out of the cave [ witch were not supposed to do] and watch them carry books,scrolls, medicine and all our other stuff. Kattail [our human master] will onounce the move to us tomorrow. I'll write and update soon to tell you what happens!
Sincerly,
Yen-Ching the geode hatchling.

PMEmail Poster
lulubelle00
Posted: May 8 2012, 09:57 PM
Quote Post

Level 5

I don't have much time to write this, since we are in the middle of the peak of the war. The clans have formed into one large clan momentarily. but in broke into pieces.
Iris was stabbed with a brass pipe through her jaw, bad condition.
I must go now,
~Vazzmanoa

How dare they! Those fighting dragons broke Lurker's tombstone. I taught that red a lesson faster then you could say 'I'm gonna kill you!' The feeling of a life slipping away because of you is, well, somewhat pleasant. Quite nice to be active instead of moping around. Now back to protecting the graveyard!

~Graveyard Wanderer
PMEmail Poster
CNR4806
Posted: May 17 2012, 03:32 AM
Quote Post

Level 8

Member No.: 23,556

Dear Journal,
i just don't get it. How can the Gold community sustain itself like that? "Thou must lead with the best blood"? Now that master got lucky and obtained the rarest "clean" Gold, their leadership changes again. Hopefully this will be the last time, because I was already frustrated when Geschenk took over last time.

The elementals are STILL so useless. I can tell that Master isn't that satisfied with their constant failure.

Oh and Tamed Deviant seems to have brought a Lettle Tree back to our cave. He spent a good amount of time with it, and Death Cheater happily helped. I think I will go to see that tree.

Regards,
Master of Mages
PMEmail Poster
CNR4806
Posted: May 19 2012, 07:56 PM
Quote Post

Level 8

Dear Journal,
I must admit that I underestimated the new Gold that took over their own community. Daniella, now known as the Queen, is actually approachable and intelligent thanks to seperate education. Unlike Geschenk, the former leader of the Golds who was raised like a spoiled child (and turned into a complete prick once he took over the Golds), Daniella rejected the Golds' tradition to raise new members by their own hands, and took refuge with the Guardians. She doesn't seem to value her noble status within our clan very high, and is more than happy to become one of my assistants.

Oh god, did I mention how much I enjoyed the sight of Geschenk being removed from his post as the Golds' leader? It was surely hilarious when Daniella turned the entire command structure upside down, restoring almost everyone Gescenk demoted for "blood reasons" to their former positions, and Gescenk himself being lower than Dinu, the poor Gold that he abused the most during his reign. Really, I'm now very interested to see how will the situation develope.

Regards,
Master of Mages

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Journal,
Daniella was crowned as the Queen of the Golds today, and I was one of the few non-members of their community invited to attend the ceremony, for many reasons (The most significant one being the fact that I am the lifetime mate of Mage, the current leader of the clan).

She was a tough child, being abandoned in the forest near the main cave as an egg for whatever reason, and was dying when we found her. It was Minuscule Guerrier who talked with her when she ripped a hole open in her egg. I was present but didn't say much when it happened. They talked a lot about power and responsibility during the period, until Daniella (then unnamed) finally gathered enough strength to break out from that golden shell.

The Gold community soon sent a representative to collect her (It's their tradition. Since most of their members are in the Auxillery branch thus not very helpful to the cave anyway, we accepts their requests and were pretty used to that by that time), but surprisingly,
she refused their offer of raising her in luxury, and insisted on being raised by the Guardians much like all "normal" dragons, much to Goldiblim's disgust. (The latter had the grudge that the Golds are superior, and with the purest Gold blood of the Golds he was elected to be the leader under the traditions)

She accepted her new name nevertheless, and was raised alone since we didn't have any other young hatchlings at that time period. She was very attached to the Frozen Gang (Minuscule had been leading them for a while) and most members of the high command (me and Mage included), and was educated with liberty, equality and responsibilities in mind, as opposed to the Golds' rumored "just teach them to enjoy life as a noble" education. She vowed to change the inequality in the Gold community upon helping Medic to take care of an injured Dinu, who easily became Goldibilm's favorite "subject" due to his really-impure blood.

The turning point came when Medic performed a throughout bodycheck for her after she had grown wings, a process common to all adolescents raised by the Guardians—She was revealed to have pure blood, easily surpressing Goldibilm's half-marrow blood. She was what the Gold community of our clan was waiting for since its creation, a pureblood capable of becomeing the King or Queen of a local community as defined by their culture. Upon this striking discovery, I had to take her under my own care despite her protests. The risks involved with leaving her with the Guardians were simply too much.

Goldibilm sent us the notification that Daniella would be crowned as the Queen upon reaching maturity, although we could tell that he was rather reluctant to give up his position. Mage and I had some quick lectures of leadership for her in the remaining days, which I can tell she really paid attention to.

The crowning itself was nothing intersting to be noted of. It was the power shift afterwards that mattered. Daniella completely destroyed Goldibilm's established method of assigning positions based on blood purity and family links, and broke the solitude of the community by acting as the bridge of communication between high command (which is to say, us) and them. The community was given new purposes, all its members are assigned to non-Auxillery branches to become an active part of the clan instead of slacking nobles. Dinu was recommended by Pure Shininess, the first Gold of the clan, to be Daniella's assistant, which she accepted immidiately. Daniella herself was invited to be an Assistant of Mage, so that she can stay with her childhood friends longer (And with her wisdom, I'm quite certain she'll be a great addition too).

We are proud to see another selfless leader raised by our own hands.

Signed,
The Phantom
PMEmail Poster
wendellandrylee
Posted: May 25 2012, 02:12 PM
Quote Post

Level 1

Member No.: 191,616

i like the journal idea...but it might takeme a while to do it so i wont post it here right now.
PM
Joyful
Posted: Jun 6 2012, 01:22 PM
Quote Post

Level 1

Member No.: 192,244

I'm stuck in this egg, with no way out until I hatch. I want to break free, I want to discover who I am, but I need to be fed. Food.....Oh food.[I]

This post has been edited by Joyful on Jun 6 2012, 01:22 PM
PMEmail Poster
dangershy
Posted: Jun 6 2012, 03:21 PM
Quote Post

Level 6

Member No.: 57,349

From one of the newer members of the Danger Cave:
(Sexy and I Know It Cuffs)
Why does dangershy have so many frozen hatchlings in her cave? It seems like she wants more frozen hatchlings than she does adults. I've only been here for a while, and one of the pygmies, Vexen Cuffs, has taught me how to write... but he doesn't stay around a lot. He's usually off with Kirk... kay... ree... however you say it. Gosh, dangershy even gives her dragons weird names. Kirkkaerio, Inthiraelia... and quite a few of them have 'cuffs' in their name, like me. Oops, looks like dangershy's back now...

(Wonton the Dragon)
~My Journal~
Sigh...
Another day of being alone. Still shunned by the other dragons, other than Dangershy the Dragon. She seems to be the only one who cares about me. I wish that the others would coem to accept us. KillingWithPants came earlier to talk to Dangershy. When he left, I went to go check on her. Turns out they had another egg, but dangershy abandoned it a while ago. Dangershy the Dragon got upset and now she's hiding in her cave. Turns out all dangershy did was abandon it because one of her friends had a Lumina egg. Now it's sitting around with the other eggs. There's also a new hatchling. It's a Pink. Gendered female just yesterday. dangershy seemed upset about this, but she didn't freeze it or abandon it, which is unusual of her. I guess she needs more adults. Now and then she'll come to me before she needs to leave and tells me to do a head count of all the dragons in the cave. At the moment, she has 29 adult dragons, five eggs, one unfrozen hatchling, and 18 frozen hatchlings, to have a total of 79 dragons counting all. A few days ago she left for a while and when she came back, she had something bronze with her. She called it a 'bronze trophy' and said that the creator of all of us gave it to her because she had 50 dragons, including frozen hatchlings. I shrugged it off and went back to me day-to-day life. That's all right now...
PMEmail Poster
G36R
Posted: Jun 7 2012, 08:48 PM
Quote Post

Level 2

Member No.: 187,512

Dear Journal,
Not much news recently, although, Igloo finally produced a spring egg. He has a new mate now, Useless Beauty. The two of them are adorable together.

My daughter's getting worried. Soon, she has to pick a mate. Her eldest brother has chosen one. Flipper Wings hasn't made it offical yet, but it's clear he loves Little Rosalinda. Aquatic Flyer has started dating the new dragon, Cyan Wavebringer. She's certainly a wingful!

I guess that's all for now!
~ Silent Reeds
PMEmail Poster
dangershy
Posted: Jun 18 2012, 08:43 PM
Quote Post

Level 6

Member No.: 57,349

Vexen's Journal

Just yesterday dangershy caught a few eggs. Three Whiptails, a Water, and a Nebula. The Nebula came from the cave, but the others were abandoned and dangershy took them. She was excited about getting that Nebula egg. She said that they were 'pretty rare' to catch from the cave. She's coming to her cave a
lot more often to check on that Nebula egg...
Well, it's pretty useful, since she also has to check all the other eggs or else the larger adults will get upset. Don't know why she's afraid of them, since she has more power, basically. But the dragons are stronger than her....
Well, looks like sh*the rest was random squiggles that thinned out quickly*
PMEmail Poster
CNR4806
Posted: Jun 21 2012, 07:21 AM
Quote Post

Level 8

Dear Journal,
As unrealistic as it may sounded, Phantom has officially adopted the new orphan black we found. The last time she did the same was already two years ago when Ghost of Storms was found. As per the tradition which was never used a second time until now, the new black hatchling was named with "Ghost", which indicates that it is an officially-adopted child of Phantom.

The status is purely symbolic and has no actual effect by itself, but all of Phantom's children, adopted or not, automatically gains respect out of the clan's respect to their original leader, which is why Phantom became hesitant toward adopting in the first place. I have no idea why Phantom decided to break the silence and adopt an orphan, but it might mean something.

Just by the way, Daniella handed over a month's worth of shredded scales. It is pretty much everything they can contribute to the clan, as they are simply too valuable to go out without being hunted. I'm actually grateful for the Queen to think of such way to contributing.

Autumn Hat

This post has been edited by CNR4806 on Jun 22 2012, 10:58 AM
PMEmail Poster
poppy97
Posted: Jun 23 2012, 03:10 PM
Quote Post

Level 5

Dear journal,
Oh dear, Puck went too far just a couple of days ago, on Midsummer's Eve, of all times! I must admit, seeing Oberon's face after Titania fell in love with a donkey-headed April's Jest was utterly priceless but terrifying at the same time. I really don't know what to do about the whole affair, except to knock some sense into Puck, who'll as always, flatly deny it. Now I'm interested about what'll happen next...

Speaking of other news, earlier today Naeem announced that he would be stepping down as the clan's ruler, causing many cries of shock to follow. But he was adamant that he was going to be leader no longer. Which leaves the rest of the clan to decide who the successor will be...

Confusus

This post has been edited by poppy97 on Jul 14 2012, 04:35 PM
PM
ViperaUnion
Posted: Jun 28 2012, 11:14 AM
Quote Post

Level 3

Member No.: 192,595

Dear Diary,

I'm so excited! I woke up this morning and the two hatchlings, Scorched Ash and Night Shadow Wings, finally grew their wings! So Ash was a boy after all! I knew it! And Night Shadow was a girl! Finally, someone I can talk to! Until she came along, I was the only girl here!

Igniting the Night hasn't grown her wings yet, but she hatched around the same time as Night Shadow, and they're both the same breed of dragon. They're practically siblings. She'll probably grow her wings soon. I can't wait to learn if I was right and she's a girl, too.

Meanwhile, that one egg that seemed to be blistering hot hatched. The little guy (I think it's a guy) is glowing. He's not really that hot, but he's always getting near the campfires. I'm worried that when he does grow his wings that he'll do something like dive in a volcano the next time our human friend goes hunting for eggs there. Crazy enough, I think he's native to that area. Well, things are starting to turn up really well.

Sincerely, Bluewish the Daydream Dragon.
PMEmail Poster
sparkle10184
Posted: Jun 28 2012, 11:34 AM
Quote Post

Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead.

Member No.: 192,134

Dear Journal,

Two more Pillow eggs have been brought into the clan. I'm not sure what I think of this. We could use more dragons, but I don't really like the idea of more Pillows. I liked it a long time ago when it when the only Pillow dragons were me, The Fluffiest One, and Cream Puff 4. Since then, six more Pillows have come. Why Pillows? I mean really, there's so many other kinds of dragons. Like Neotropicals. We only have one of those. Or how about Purples? Or Summers? I just don't like this crowd of Pillows!

-Musha

This post has been edited by sparkle10184 on Jun 28 2012, 11:34 AM
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (120) « First ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll