_Z_

Reminder Regarding Signatures

Members posting eggs/hatchlings/Dragons in signatures.

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=boardrules

No Eggs/Dragons in Signatures

Because this is a forum created for Dragon Cave, there is a much higher ratio of Dragon Cave members to non-members than on most forums. Thus, if eggs were allowed in signatures, there would be a higher concentration of dragons/hatchlings/eggs on this forum. This leads to egg spam, which is prohibited in the above rule.

Any eggs/ dragons links fall within this Board rule, please remove all clickable links.

Members posting eggs/hatchlings/Dragons in signatures.

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=boardrules

Any eggs/ dragons links fall within this Board rule, please remove all clickable links.

I always was under the impression that lineage links would be OK (as they are in the posts themselves). This sounds as if those are not OK either. And what about the kind of *click her to see if you're lucky* surprise teleport links I've seen many users use o give out random gifts?

I'm a tad confused now unsure.gif

Lineage and view links to adult dragons or frozen hatchlings should be okay to post or put in your signature.

I should update the rule wording to clarify that.

So we can't have Personal Scroll Banners which show our eggs like the moving one I have in my sig?

(well I decided to edit to a non-moving banner, with no actual eggs & hatchies visable...at least until TJ can clarify).

Edited by Dryadia

So we can't have Personal Scroll Banners which show our eggs (like the moving one I currently have in my sig)?

We can. They don't add views to your eggs. It's a fancy scroll link which is totally acceptable.

Lineage and view links to adult dragons or frozen hatchlings should be okay to post or put in your signature.

I would change it to something about "for the purposes of collecting views," i.e., any sig file link that operates in a way to collect views for the egg/hatchie should be banned.

Going to a teleport link would be safe; ditto lineage; and I'm pretty sure the scroll bar things are actually linked to the member's user page and don't generate views for the dragons. So links to your page would be fine, as well as pictures of eggs and dragons that don't generate views.

I would change it to something about "for the purposes of collecting views," i.e., any sig file link that operates in a way to collect views for the egg/hatchie should be banned.

Going to a teleport link would be safe; ditto lineage; and I'm pretty sure the scroll bar things are actually linked to the member's user page and don't generate views for the dragons. So links to your page would be fine, as well as pictures of eggs and dragons that don't generate views.

So putting trade links in the sig is okay? Just making sure myself.

I think that sounds like a very good way of wording things.

Im confused now... So we can have lineage links, and we can't have those surprise gifts?

Scroll links add views to eggs/hatchlings too. Perhaps a good way to show a scroll on the sigspace would be: Scroll: Username

People know the drill ^^

As far as I'm aware, the signature link of the cute moving hatchies and eggs do NOT directly provide views because the link goes directly to my scroll which does not garner views.

Maybe clicks if people are interested in what I have, sure, but there's nothing enticing them to go to my scroll and click.

All the signature link does is provide my scroll link, show off what I'm growing, and how many total dragons I have so far.

If that is not an acceptable signature link, then I am sure TJ or Z will clarify further.

Im confused now... So we can have lineage links, and we can't have those surprise gifts?

We can have both. Ok, maybe another way:

>>What you aren't allowed to put in your sig (so called "egg spam" in purpose of gaining views):

/view links of growing eggs and hatchlings

bbcode links of growing eggs and hatchlings (generated via "Get HTML/BBCode" option on your scroll)

>>What you are allowed (does not gain views directly):

/view links of FROZEN hatchlings and adults

bbcode links of the above

/lineage links

teleport links

rotating signature bars from EaTW

link to your entire scroll (dragcave.net/user/yournamehere)

Does it make sense now?

I thought the forums had a filter for that. Whenever I tried to put eggs in my signature, it filters to no egg spam or any of that sort. Even if those eggs came from "Eggs Around the World". This proves the advancement in the filter technology so I now know which ones are allowed or not.

Also, I see this news kind of pointless as the said filter already prevents people from breaking the rules.

I thought the forums had a filter for that. Whenever I tried to put eggs in my signature, it filters to no egg spam or any of that sort. Even if those eggs came from "Eggs Around the World". This proves the advancement in the filter technology so I now know which ones are allowed or not.

Also, I see this news kind of pointless as the said filter already prevents people from breaking the rules.

Actually, it's only the image links that are filtered, IIRC? I'm still seeing some links in the 'Trading' sub-forum that are view links. Someone can correct me if this is wrong.

I personally don't see why view links aren't filtered too - people can easily link to lineages instead of the view links. :x

Edited by cfmtfm

Wow, good. I literally just put Music in my signature not even half an hour ago.

>>What you aren't allowed to put in your sig (so called "egg spam" in purpose of gaining views):

bbcode links of growing eggs and hatchlings (generated via "Get HTML/BBCode" option on your scroll)

/lineage links

teleport links

Does it make sense now?

Thanks for the clarification. wink.gif

/lineage links

teleport links

Does it make sense now?

Just wondering, can we get confirmation from a mod or TJ that this is correct? (I believe it is, but it'd be nice to know for certain.)

Stupid question, but this only applies for DC, correct? For instance, I have a non-DC clickable dragon in my signature.

Why was this started? Was is a serious problem?

It has never been allowed. I am sure it would be a problem if it were allowed. Everyone would want to use their signature here to get views for all their growing babies. Imagine the lag! ohmy.gif

@Ashywolf - yes, it is only for DC.

Edited by purplehaze

Why was this started? Was is a serious problem?

It hasn't been a serious problem. The thing is that, from time to time, people forget and start placing the forbidden links in their signatures. I myself almost forgot this rule when I received my raffle prize, but aired on the side of caution just in case.

It hasn't been a serious problem. The thing is that, from time to time, people forget and start placing the forbidden links in their signatures. I myself almost forgot this rule when I received my raffle prize, but aired on the side of caution just in case.

Same here, but I used a lineage link too, just in case. *wipes brow*

/lineage links

teleport links

Does it make sense now?

Thank you for clarifying it for me. smile.gif

/lineage links

teleport links

Does it make sense now?

Kaykay, under these guidelines, I am curious of something.

Would I be allowed to use the image (and only the image) part of the link of my zombie dragon to link to my scroll without having to like save his image, upload it to a photo sharing site and then link using that