diaveborn

Random Scroll Help and Missed Connections

This is a thread for "tiny little assistance" such as transferring an egg to erase influence, and contacting people who you otherwise might not be able to contact. In the past such things have gone in the tiny little questions thread, but possibly having a dedicated place for them will work.

To request help: Use the codes below and paste them into a new post. When using the codes, things {inside these} should be replaced with the appropriate information. When you've gotten the help you need, please edit your post to indicate that, or delete the post.

To reply: Please PM the user directly if they need to communicate with you. For other issues, reply here so that other people can see that the request has already been taken care of so they don't spend time offering help on a fulfilled request.

erasing an influence

[SIZE=5]I need:[B] to erase an influence[/B][/SIZE]
If you can take my egg, and teleport it back, please reply here - thanks!

contacting a user with a full PM box

[SIZE=5]I need: [B]to contact a user with a full PM box[/B][/SIZE]
If you are {insertusernamehere}, please contact me - thanks!

to find someone when you forgot their name

[SIZE=5]I need:[B] to find someone whose name I forgot[/B][/SIZE]
{insert details of the communication/situation here}
If you are this person, please contact me, or if you know who the person is, please reply here - thanks!

I've loved in the past seeing people help each other out so thanks to everyone who takes the time to help. smile.gif

If there are other circumstances that I should add to the thread, please PM me with suggestions (or reply here, but probably PM me with a copy of the post to make sure I see it) and I'll add them if appropriate.

Things that are not allowed:

* using the thread to ask for or share someone's non-forum contact details

* asking for help finding auto-abandoned eggs - mods have decided this isn't allowed in this thread or the help forum. As of 12 Feb 2014, it is mod-acceptable to politely change your dragon names to indicate you're looking for the egg. As well, they say it is okay to ask in your signature, *only if* the code to the egg that isn't yours has caps changed. For example, an egg with the code (c0DEs) would need to be typed as something like C0des instead. edit, 22 June 2014: You can also link to the progeny page of your own adult dragon - see only'>this post.

Edited by diaveborn

Admin and Mods discussed and will allow the topic with the changes made. Asking for help to find Autoabandoned eggs will NOT be allowed in this thread. Feel free to PM me with any questions/concerns.

Keep in mind that this is not a chat or debate thread (but if you'd like to make suggestions we do have the forum feedback thread and the suggestions area of the forum). Link to thread http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=108234

thank you - ruby

Edited by rubyshoes

This isn't one of the missed connections specified, but maybe it is another type of contact that could be added.

I am trying to reach a member who is rarely on the Forum at this point, and is sporadically active in the Cave. I have PM'd them, but they still have not read their message, sent about 2 weeks ago.

I made a promise last February, and it was July before they picked up that message, but they were interested in the gift. With Valentine's approaching, I want to keep the promise, if possible.

Does anyone know predatorfan4ever in the real world, or have a way to tell them to check their messages?

There's no form for this missed connection, but can someone help get me in contact with a DC user named "Kila"? I've searched her name here, but I'm not sure if she has a forum account. unsure.gif If you can help me, please shoot me a PM. Thank you!

Inactive mods can't be found via the search function (so users don't send questions to inactive mods about mod business), which is why you can't find her. I'll PM you a link to her account in a moment.

I'm super hesitant to add non-forum contacting to the first post. Obviously in the case of someone who *is* on the forum but just isn't listed, like in the last post, that's one thing, but the vast majority of people who you can't find on the forum aren't going to be in that situation.

The argument could be made that if an email address has been made publically available, there's no harm in sharing it. However, if someone leaves a site for a while or permanently, and their email address isn't in their profile any longer (or never was), they might have left the forums with the idea that they don't want contact any longer with people from here.

Plus, I could definitely see it happening that someone knows someone's email address but the address *wasn't* as much publically available, like in a profile, and instead shared on a more personal basis. I would like to trust that people wouldn't give out the email address in that situation but it's possible that they wouldn't even know that not everyone had the email address, and I don't want to create the environment where it would be easy to have info shared like that.

If someone has an email address in their profile then contact away, but in that case you'd either be able to find that info for yourself, or use the "find someone when you forgot their name" form.

Updated first post with clarification on auto-APed eggs (still not allowed to ask for help getting them back in this thread or help threads, but there's an update on the non-thread things that are allowed if you're hoping to get your egg back).

I need: to find someone whose name I forgot

This person gave me a valuable egg in the end of January on an IOU basis, and in return, I was to give them a 2nd gen Gold when I could get my dragons to breed it. I have lost the PMs discussing the matter, and would like whoever it is to please contact me with the breed of the egg you gave me and/or the text or the PMs we exchanged.

If you are this person, please contact me, or if you know who the person is, please reply here - http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=M...E=04&MID=194412 thanks!

I did some valentines trading during february and traded someone a hearseeker x GW and heartseeker x blusang holiday egg. I promised to try and get them a second pair with same breed mates but different non holiday mates. I seem to have deleted this person's PM during some PM cleaning I was doing. Since my pairs multi clutched I don't know who the person I traded with seeing as only 3 eggs have a visible scroll name on the dragon and the others don't. Any help is appreciated because I finally have the right mates and eggs and I would love to be able to keep my end of the promise I made.

If you are this person, please contact me, or if you know who the person is, please reply here - thanks!

I need: to contact a user with a full PM box

If you are Wolfsong442, please contact me - thanks!

I have tried Emailing you also, through the forum and have not received a reply. I have a glacaus drake I need to give you to complete our trade. I have tried contacting you 3 times since may 18th, to no avail.

I've traded my 5G Izaya x Red for your 5G Jassith x Blusang just right before DC went down, the trade is now reversed and I really don't remember your scroll name.

I need: to erase an influence

If you can take my egg, and teleport it back, please PM - thanks!

Thanks for your help! smile.gif

Edited by Tecca

I accidentally influenced this egg to be a male. sad.gif

Thank you for the help! biggrin.gif

Edited by Windy

I have stupidly influenced a Red egg incorrectly and it grows up in three hours. rolleyes.gif

Would it be possible for me to teleport it to some kind person and then they return it to me so that I can influence it properly?

Thank you.

missy

Miral, thank you! I am grateful for your assistance. smile.gif

Edited by missy_

I have stupidly influenced a Red egg incorrectly and it grows up in three hours. rolleyes.gif

Would it be possible for me to teleport it to some kind person and then they return it to me so that I can influence it properly?

Thank you.

missy

If you still need help, I'm able.

If you still need help, I'm able.

I do! Will PM you. smile.gif

ETA: Sorry, in my rush I set up the wrong type of teleport link. I have fixed it now and sent you another PM.

~~~~

ETA: Thank you, Miral! That was such a big help. smile.gif

poptartFINALTINY.gif

Edited by missy_

If you can take my egg, and teleport it back, please pm me, Thanks!

If you can take my egg, and teleport it back, please pm me, Thanks!

Anyone?

Done, thanks so much Windy!

Edited by djengis

I need: to contact a user with a full PM box

If you are LeviathinGeneral, please contact me - thanks!

Edited by Jazeki

Help, please. I did it again. ninja.gif

I accidentally influenced an egg incorrectly (seems to be my specialty). blink.gif Can I bounce it to one of you and have you bounce it back in order to erase the influence?

Thanks in advance for your help. smile.gif

ETA: Thank you to the person who assisted me and to those who offered to assist! I really appreciate it. smile.gif

Edited by missy_

I need: to find someone whose name I forgot (kind of)

I "traded" for a gorgeous egg using TJ's new LAETAE page and would like to thank the user who bred it, yet am unable to find their forum account.

If you are Starfyre, please contact me, or if you know who the person is, please reply here - thanks!