Powered by Invision Power Board

Welcome Guest, Please Read This.
! Welcome to the Dragon Cave Forums! If you aren't sure what to do, here are a list of recommended locations:

Board Rules
Frequently Asked Questions
Edit Your Profile
Search the Forum

Also, please make sure you read the pinned topics in each forum before posting there, as they contain important information. In addition, if you are signed up on the Dragon Cave, please make your account ID (At the end of your scroll link) visible, either in your profile or your signature.

This box will go away on its own once you reach 10 posts.

Pages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Dragon Cave Wiki, ~ NEW Topic ~
DragCave Wiki
  Posted: May 30 2013, 11:38 AM
Quote Post

Level 1

Group: Projects/Groups
Member No.: 203,230

Welcome to the Dragon Cave Wiki forum topic.

Please note that Dragon Cave Wiki is a community driven site that anyone can contribute to. Because of that we would like to ask you not to take everything you read as hard facts, even when we're trying to keep the Wiki as accurate as we can.
The admins are neither part of the main Wikia staff nor hired or paid by the owner and creator of Dragon Cave.

~ The Wiki may contain spoilers! Use under your own discretion. ~

Interesting LinksOther LanguagesWiki TeamIf you have any questions, suggestions, constructive critique or anything else you'd like to share with us feel free to let us know by posting on this topic.

This post has been edited by DragCave Wiki on Jun 24 2014, 01:48 PM
PMEmail Poster
Ruby Eyes
Posted: Jun 16 2013, 12:46 PM
Quote Post

Custom member title

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,969

I find it funny that your 2 admins have the same length of name biggrin.gif (I suppose that falls under "anything else" in your list)

Why is there an empty "Draks" subcategory of "Dragon Types" in addition to the "Drakes" subcategory? Does the wiki know about possible future releases of Draks?
PM
DragCave Wiki
Posted: Jun 23 2013, 02:41 PM
Quote Post

Level 1

QUOTE (Ruby Eyes @ Jun 16 2013, 11:46 AM)
I find it funny that your 2 admins have the same length of name biggrin.gif (I suppose that falls under "anything else" in your list)

Why is there an empty "Draks" subcategory of "Dragon Types" in addition to the "Drakes" subcategory? Does the wiki know about possible future releases of Draks?

Nope we don't know anything about future releases of "Draks" or any other dragon. wink.gif

We were asked by SockPuppet Strangler to change the name of the "Draks" category since it caused a lot of confusion here on the forums, so we added a new category called "DC Drakes".
The empty Draks category was just a left over and got deleted a few minutes ago.

Quote from the Dragon Sub-Types article on the wiki
Dovealove (creator of the first Drake - Ochredrake) only changed to "Drak" when people thought "Drake" couldn't be used. (TJ's comment on the forums) And since this whole "Drak vs. Drake" (← link to suggestion topic on the forums) matter caused a lot of confusion, we will now reffer to them as "DC Drakes" on the wiki until further notice.

This post has been edited by DragCave Wiki on Jun 23 2013, 02:44 PM
PMEmail Poster
Lythiaren
Posted: Jun 23 2013, 04:32 PM
Quote Post

Has a magical hand that SHOOTS BEES.

Member No.: 2,756

I'm just going to leave a note here saying that if anyone puts something outdated or outright stupid on the page about me they can expect it to be removed by me personally, possibly with snarky comment.

Because it's happened before and I was quite cross so I did.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
DragCave Wiki
Posted: Jun 24 2013, 01:49 AM
Quote Post

Level 1

QUOTE (Lythiaren @ Jun 23 2013, 03:32 PM)
I'm just going to leave a note here saying that if anyone puts something outdated or outright stupid on the page about me they can expect it to be removed by me personally, possibly with snarky comment.

Because it's happened before and I was quite cross so I did.

You can remove anything on your artist page on the wiki if you think it's not accurate. smile.gif I just don't think it's neccessary to remove it with a snarky comment since most people don't add information (like adding a link to long-deprecated dA account, rotating avatar or misspell a name) with a bad intention or to hurt your feelings. Feel free to contact either Nyastara, MisunderstoodDreamer or DangerousDangerously, if you would like to have your artist article protected, this way no one can edit it except for the admins.

This post has been edited by DragCave Wiki on Jun 24 2013, 01:50 AM
PMEmail Poster
Lythiaren
Posted: Jun 24 2013, 05:48 AM
Quote Post

Has a magical hand that SHOOTS BEES.

Member No.: 2,756

Considering I got harassment and hate mail on that dA account as a result of that link (and of course I didn't see it until some time later when I logged on there out of curiosity) I'd say damage was done through those edits, regardless of the intentions of whoever made that particular edit. :x
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
DragCave Wiki
Posted: Jun 24 2013, 01:32 PM
Quote Post

Level 1

QUOTE (Lythiaren @ Jun 24 2013, 04:48 AM)
Considering I got harassment and hate mail on that dA account as a result of that link (and of course I didn't see it until some time later when I logged on there out of curiosity) I'd say damage was done through those edits, regardless of the intentions of whoever made that particular edit. :x

Ok that's nothing we want to happen to anyone. ohmy.gif I will keep an eye on your artist page and will remove stuff which wasn't added by you personally and contact you if the information is legit. Would that be ok with you? smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
DragCave Wiki
  Posted: Jul 3 2013, 05:25 AM
Quote Post

Level 1

DC Wiki Staff:

Admin DangerousDangerously (aka EnemyPeacemaker, Jzzi) switched back to her old account "Jzzi". ( Just in case you may have wondered why we didn't announce that we had a "new" admin. wink.gif )

Updated the links of her profile and talk page in the first post.
PMEmail Poster
dragonpuck
Posted: Jul 7 2013, 08:09 PM
Quote Post

I may be older, but I got to see all the cool bands

Member No.: 13,766

the stripe section needs updating, I used to be able to add the colors of new releases, but when I went to add them was told I did not have permission to edit sad.gif

so here we go:

Red Copper = red stripe
Brown Copper = red stripe
Green Copper = Green Stripe
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
DragCave Wiki
Posted: Jul 8 2013, 02:19 AM
Quote Post

Level 1

QUOTE (dragonpuck @ Jul 7 2013, 07:09 PM)
the stripe section needs updating, I used to be able to add the colors of new releases, but when I went to add them was told I did not have permission to edit sad.gif

so here we go:

Red Copper = red stripe
Brown Copper = red stripe
Green Copper = Green Stripe

Hmm blink.gif ... the "Striped Dragon" site is not protected so you should be able to edit it.
Could you send me a PM with the message you've got displayed when you tried to edit the article?
PMEmail Poster
DragCave Wiki
Posted: Jul 12 2013, 06:12 PM
Quote Post

Level 1

The articles for the new dragons were created (Bleeding Moon Dragon and Imperial Fleshcrowne), and they were added to the "Dragon Types", "Dragon Sub-Types", "Wich Egg is Which" and "Dragon Release Timeline" articles.
PMEmail Poster
Lady Artemis
Posted: Jul 17 2013, 02:13 PM
Quote Post

Level 9

Member No.: 194,574

Why are the Golden Wyverns listed under the 'Rare' column in Which egg is Which when Blusang Lidwurms are not?
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Midnight-Skyline
Posted: Jul 17 2013, 02:16 PM
Quote Post

Level 4

Member No.: 183,581

I'll check that out right away!

It's Jazzi from the wiki and I just want to let you all know I'm going on vacation so I might not be able to edit the wiki (although I'm not the most active since I edit other wikis as well)
PMEmail Poster
Nyastara
Posted: Jul 20 2013, 06:04 PM
Quote Post

Level 8

Member No.: 48,793

QUOTE (Lady Artemis @ Jul 17 2013, 09:13 PM)
Why are the Golden Wyverns listed under the 'Rare' column in Which egg is Which when Blusang Lidwurms are not?

Thanks for mentioning it. smile.gif I added the Blusang Lindwurms to the "Rare" section on the "which egg is which" page.
If you notice something like this and you have an account (the "which egg is wich" page is protected and can only be edited by registered users) on the wiki feel free to correct errors like that. smile.gif

greez Nyastara
PMUsers Website
Midnight-Skyline
Posted: Aug 6 2013, 09:12 AM
Quote Post

Level 4

Just a reminder of the release rules!

Do not do any of the following:
  • Add the dragon(s) to the Which Egg Is Which page.
  • Add the dragon(s) to the Dragon Types page.
  • Add the dragon(s) to any page apart from this one.
  • Create the dragon(s) article.
  • Add information if it has not been seen in the cave yet.
  • Add the spriter's alt(s) against the artists will. (The DC-Wiki team will ask for their permission)
  • Add the spriter's alt(s) till they're adults.
  • Add the spriter's alt(s) to the Spriter's Alt page.

If you do not follow these rules it will result in a warning or even a suspension (one week suspension for creating the dragons article).
PMEmail Poster
Ruby Eyes
Posted: Aug 6 2013, 09:31 AM
Quote Post

Custom member title

Member No.: 38,969

The 3rd point ("this one") refers to the "Currently being released" page I assume?
PM
Midnight-Skyline
Posted: Aug 6 2013, 11:00 AM
Quote Post

Level 4

QUOTE (Ruby Eyes @ Aug 6 2013, 10:31 AM)
The 3rd point ("this one") refers to the "Currently being released" page I assume?

Oh, yes, it does! I basically just copied the source and put it here. Apologies!
PMEmail Poster
MysticTiger
Posted: Aug 20 2013, 08:41 AM
Quote Post

I prefer 'Dashing Rapscallion'.

Member No.: 23,730

Okay, anyone know why the Duo-Toned and the Two-Headed Lindwurms haven't been added to the Dragon Types page? They were released August 4th, it is now August 20th. I think it's well past the time they should have been added.

This post has been edited by MysticTiger on Aug 20 2013, 08:41 AM
PMUsers Website
Midnight-Skyline
Posted: Aug 20 2013, 01:13 PM
Quote Post

Level 4

I allow Nyastara to take care of adding the new releases to the Dragon Types page. She's been there longer so she knows more than I do about it
PMEmail Poster
Nyastara
Posted: Aug 21 2013, 04:09 PM
Quote Post

Level 8

Member No.: 48,793

QUOTE (MysticTiger @ Aug 20 2013, 03:41 PM)
Okay, anyone know why the Duo-Toned and the Two-Headed Lindwurms haven't been added to the Dragon Types page? They were released August 4th, it is now August 20th. I think it's well past the time they should have been added.

Sorry about that... my RL is currently extremely hectic. I hope I can get to it in the next few days.

By the way registered users can edit the Dragon Types page and everybody is allowed to add them to the list. wink.gif And feel free to create the dragons article too when you're up to it. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Nyastara on Aug 21 2013, 04:10 PM
PMUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topic