1) Rules

2) Rare Dragons

Second Post

1) Topic Mods

2) Thread History

3) Roadmap - A Glimpse Ahead

4) Further Reading

R U L E S

poptartFINALTINY.gifYou may offer only rare dragons (see supplied list below as to what constitutes a rare).

poptartFINALTINY.gifYou may request anything, including commons and caveblockers - only your offer has to be rare.

poptartFINALTINY.gifDragons that are not expressly listed as rare do not count as rare.

This is true for new releases especially - as a rule, new species will only be added to the rare list once the initial release hype dies down and they're establishing themselves as genuinely rare in the longer term. On average, we'll try to gauge rarities two months after the release, so don't be alarmed if nothing seems to happen for eight weeks. (Similarly, shifts in rarity will usually be discussed after they persist for a month and a decision is felled about them about two months in.)

poptartFINALTINY.gifThe thread is intended for trade posts only. If you want to respond to a trade post, please do so in PM to the user.

poptartFINALTINY.gifRemember that the Trading forums' rules apply here, too.

Asking for or offering IOUs is thus not allowed. In consequence: Don't offer to breed, bite or catch something; and don't ask for it, either.

poptartFINALTINY.gifAlso remember that the Dragon Cave Terms and Conditions apply to you and the people you trade with.

R A R E . D R A G O N S

Not convinced this is a good list? We value your feedback! Feel free to contact any of the thread mods with suggestions. We may (likely!) disagree with you, but we appreciate all correspondance.

The following dragons are rare regardless what generation they represent:

user posted imageuser posted image Neglected

user posted image Dino (all colours)

user posted image Chicken

user posted image Paper

user posted image Cheese Dragon

The following dragons are only rare as hatchlings:

user posted imageuser posted image Alt Black

user posted image Alt Vine

user posted image Yellow Undine

The following dragons are only rare as caveborn, gendered hatchlings:

user posted image CB Nebula

The following dragons are only rare up to a certain generation:

user posted imageTinsel - no higher than 4th gen

user posted imageShimmer-scale - no higher than 4th gen

user posted image Holly - no higher than 4th gen

user posted imageGold - no higher than 3rd gen

user posted imageSilver - no higher than 3rd gen

user posted image Trio Dragon (Ice, Thunder or Magma) - no higher than 3rd gen

user posted image Copper - no higher than 2nd gen

user posted imageThuwed-lineaged Dragon - no higher than 2nd gen

user posted image Offspring from Spriter Alts - no higher than 2nd gen

user posted image Prizefails (Tinselfails, Shimmerfails,...) - no higher than 2nd gen

user posted image Avatars of Creation, Destruction, and Change -no higher than 2nd gen

The following dragons are rare if they're caveborn:

user posted image CB Blusang Lindwurm

user posted image CB Gold Wyvern

user posted image CB Red Dorsal

user posted image CB Tan Ridgewing

user posted image CB Almandine Pyralspite (alpine)

user posted image CB Spessartine Pyralspite (coast)

Edited by Rare Dragon Trading

T O P I C . M O D S

The following people currently maintain this thread (and the associated 'Rare Dragon Trading' forum account):

littleblackdog - PM

ainisarie - PM

Keep in mind that while these people can help you if you have questions about the Rare Trading Center, they aren't forum mods. If you're looking for those, take a look at the forum Moderating team.

Currently looking for more help maintaining this thread which includes weighing in on rarities and checking this thread (almost) daily. PM littleblackdog.

T H R E A D . H I S T O R Y

This section is just for those looking to find out when what changed and not intended as a supplement to the rules in any way. Current rules are always in the first post.

2014, November 6th: Almandine Pyralspites (alpine) and Spessartine Pyralspites (coast) have been added to the rare list.

2014, September 19th: Yellow Undines have been added to the rare list.

2014, July 23rd: The following dragons were altered on the rare list: Tinsels and shimmers are now only rare up to 4th gen and avatars are only rare up to 2nd gen.

2014, June: Ainisarie has joined the moderating team; welcome!

2014, May 21st: 2G Avatars have been added to the rare list.

2014, January 10th: Following the last Christmas season's lifting of bred holiday limits, presumably around to stay as the change is, Hollies have been added to the rare list up to 4G. (Since they're out of season, this is probably the first time we're changing the rare list without changing the topic byline or posting in-thread, since it has no immediate repercussions.)

~pinkgothic

2014, January 3rd: Since Seasonals were unlisted two weeks ago, the obsolete 'Seasonal Rarity' article in the 'Further Reading' section was removed.

~pinkgothic

2013, December 20th: We've made a change to the rare list:

The following dragons were removed from the rare list: Forest-variant two-headed lindwurms ('green opals'), CB seasonals.

The following dragons were added to the rare list: 2G commons from prize dragons (with thanks to Naruhina_94 for the suggestion).

~pinkgothic

2013, November 29th: And another warm welcome extends to ScnBrain_2008, who's also joined the team~.

~pinkgothic

2013, November 25th: All aboard the modly train! cfmtfm has joined is in our journey. Welcome to the team!

~pinkgothic

2013, September 20th: Firestar13 has joined the moderating team; welcome! smile.gif

~pinkgothic

2013, September 13th: We made two changes to the rare list:

2G Blusang Lindwurms were removed.

CB Two-Headed Lindwurms (forest-variant) were added.

~pinkgothic

2013, September 6th: Gilded Bloodscales were removed from the rare list.

~pinkgothic

2013, August 30th: Unfortunately, Mistress of Whispers is no longer with the Rare Trading Center mod team. We'd love to have her back, but it might be a while before she has time for us again.

~pinkgothic

2013, August 9th: Tsunami Wyverns were removed from the rare list.

~pinkgothic

2013, July 19th: 2G Coppers have been added to the rare list.

~pinkgothic

2013, July 12th: CB Gilded Bloodscales have been added to the rare list.

~pinkgothic

2013, July 5th: Luminas were removed from the rare list.

~pinkgothic

2013, June 21st: CB Coppers have been added to the rare list.

~pinkgothic

2013, May 17th: CB Luminas have been added to the rare list.

~pinkgothic

2013, May 10th: Tinsels and Shimmers have been restricted to 5G, and vampires were removed from the rare list.

~pinkgothic

2013, May 3rd: Classic Metallics (Gold and Silver Dragons) have been restricted to 3G. Also, a bit of information on trade bundling with non-rares was added to the 'Further Reading' section.

~pinkgothic

2013, April 26th: Coloured Stripes were removed from the rare list.

~pinkgothic

2013, April 19th: The following dragons were removed from the rare list: CB Stripes, CB Blacks.

~pinkgothic

2013, April 12th: The following dragons were removed from the rare list: CB Reds, CB Pinks.

~pinkgothic

2013, April 5th: The following dragons were altered on the rare list: Blacks, Stripes and Gold Wyverns are now only rare as caveborns.

~pinkgothic

2013, March 31st: Mistress of Whispers has joined the moderating team; welcome!

~pinkgothic

2013, March 29th: There's a major change lurking on the horizon: Blacks, stripes and gold wyverns are going to be adjusted down to CB-only rarity (with the exception of coloured stripes, at least for now - these will be allowed as 2Gs). That change is due for next Friday, so it's been added to the roadmap!

Additionally, since it unfortunately seems like Stormwizard212 has been consumed by real life obligations, we've had to remove him from the mod list again. Stay tuned; there'll be a new addition to the team soon.

~pinkgothic

2013, March 22nd: We've added some trading tips to the 'Further Reading' section.

Also, there's been a change to the rare list:

The following dragons were altered on the rare list: Thuweds are now only rare up to 2G.

~pinkgothic

2013, March 15th: There's a new section in the thread with further information for the extra curious!

Also, there's been a change to the rare list:

The following dragons were altered on the rare list: Nebulas are now only rare as gendered hatchlings.

The following dragons were removed from the rare list: Holiday / Event dragons. (There will be a dedicated thread for these soon! Keep an eye out.)

~pinkgothic

2013, March 9th: Rare list changed!

Royal Blues were removed from the rare list.

~pinkgothic

2013, March 1st: Rare list changed!

The following dragons were altered on the rare list: Blusang Lindwurms can now also be 2G.

~pinkgothic

2013, February 15th: Rare list changed!

The following dragons were removed from the rare list: CB Tri-Horn Wyverns.

Other dragons may follow in the coming weeks. Correspondence, as always, is appreciated!

Also, StormWizard212 has joined the moderating team! We now have our very own Toothless.

~pinkgothic

2013, February 9th: Due to real life interfering and resulting inactivity, WinterRaven is no longer part of the moderation team.

~pinkgothic

2013, February 8th: There's a new addition to the rare list: Shimmer-scales are now considered rare. (For those confused by the add coming with no generation restriction: We were indeed going to add them up to 3G at first, but last minute discussion changed it to a general-add for now.)

~pinkgothic

2013, February 1st: We've rearranged the rare list to make it easier to see at a glance what the generation attributes of a species are. Let us know if you find it easier to navigate. smile.gif (Also, the new markers from the previous changes have now been removed.)

~pinkgothic

2013, January 18th: There's a new addition to the rare list: CB Royal Blues are now considered rare.

~littleblackdog

2013, January 12th: The thread moderation team has sunk its teeth into a new recruit - welcome, duskspoken!

Also, there's a new addition to the rare list: CB Tri-Horn Wyverns are now considered rare.

~pinkgothic

2013, January 4th: Due to time constraints, Chanilove has left the moderating team. To make up for it wink.gif WinterRaven is now aboard the moderation train. Welcome, WinterRaven!

We've also assessed the rarity of tri-horns and think we have a relatively stable solution for them in hand. We also think there's ample evidence that Royal Blues have slid into uncommon territory enough to class as rare if caveborn. As such, the Roadmap has been adjusted; both of these species will be added soon!

Also, there's a new addition to the rare list: 2G offspring from spriter alts (with thanks to Fiona BlueFire for the suggestion!).

~pinkgothic

2012, December 14th: Rare list change!

The following dragons were altered on the rare list: Gold Wyverns can also be 2G, Thuweds can also be 4G (since CBs are by definition unobtainable).

~littleblackdog

2012, December 7th: The bundle rule trial run has ended and the rules have reverted to their pre-bundle incarnation. ~pinkgothic

2012, November 20th: New addition to the Roadmap. ~pinkgothic

2012, November 14th: Minor formatting changes. ~pinkgothic

2012, November 9th: Rule change that allows non-rares to be posted here if they are part of a bundle. The rule would is on a one month trial run to see how it affects the thread - if it results in too much clutter, we'll abandon it again. We want this thread to run smoothly for everyone's benefit, after all! ~littleblackdog

2012, October 19th: The new markers from the change from the 12th of October have been removed, and a line has been added to the Rare list itself encouraging feedback. ~pinkgothic

2012, October 12th: Rare list changed!

The following dragons were removed from the rare list: CB Splits, famous lineaged dragons 'up to 6th gen and of a rare species'

The following dragons were added to the rare list: CB Blusangs, CB Tsunamis, CB Seasonals, Cheeses, Thuwed-lineaged dragons (up to 3rd gen)

The following dragons were altered on the rare list: Vampires no longer need to be CB; Tinsels were declared rare regardless of generation (previously restricted to 6th gen and under).

~pinkgothic

2012, October 11th: Pre-announced rare list changes in-thread, and cleaned up the Roadmap to remove the bunch of maybe/possibly/presumablies that were loitering around in it. ~pinkgothic

2012, October 5th: This thread was created as a successor to Rare Trading Center V3. To make for a smooth transition, no changes were made yet, be it to the original ruleset (though the rule wording has been altered and condensed, and the 'not a rare' list has been removed entirely since it's fully implicit) or the rare list. ~pinkgothic

That's it so far!

F U R T H E R . R E A D I N G

For those that are extra curious about a specific topic; not in any way mandatory ^_~

Edited by Rare Dragon Trading

Have

3rd gen checker Gold from Heartseeker lineage

Want

offers

or a 2nd gen Gold from Val09 unrelated to these 3 -

*Have*

2G M Silver Hatchie from white http://dragcave.net/lineage/EsdGA

4EG M Bronze Tin Hatchie from White x Alt Rosebud (2 in base) *Rare Line* http://dragcave.net/lineage/OjfH7 ~Grown Up

*Want*

Offers of CB Whites

Other offers considered

Silver: http://dragcave.net/teleport/a5d6cc52a7b39...3bd26cfcd95b954

Bronze: http://dragcave.net/teleport/20c735d87a72d...b904fdc78302962

bump

HAVE:

user posted image CB Thunder Egg - OFFER

NEED:

user posted image 3g Silver Egg from Male Silver / Female Gold Checker

user posted image CB Almandine (Alpine) Pyralspites

user posted image CB Coppers

user posted image 2g Thuweds or a PB EG Thuwed

user posted imageuser posted image 2g Shimmers or Tinsels

A Low Gen from a Shimmer or Tinsel from the list in my profile.

user posted image 2-4g WHITE CHECKER (any gen) FROM SPRITERS ALT(S) x WHITES (like the base of this)

I HAVE:

user posted image Chicken egg.

user posted image CB tan ridgewing egg. Make an offer!

I WANT:

*ice from arsani (named parents only)

*brown copper from heartseeker and brown copper (named parents only)

*tan ridgewing from sweetling and tan ridgewing (named parents only)

*maybe some other 2nd-gen Valentine mates-- feel free to PM

*other reasonable offers

Edited by tjekan

Have (all UNinfluenced):

user posted image CB Blusang

user posted image Cheese

user posted image CB Ice

Want:

For all 3 plus a 5EG Copper:

user posted image / user posted image CB Gold/Silver?

For each:

user posted image / user posted image Green line in sig

user posted image / user posted image Clean, low-gen prizes (4G or less - NO EGs, please)

*hint: I love Z-codes!*

Trade Links:

Blusang

Cheese

Ice

PM to combine.

HAVE

user posted image 2nd Gen Avatar of Change (Ice x GON) Hatchlings (uninfluenced) x2 Lineage 1 | Lineage 2

WANT

CB Gold

Neglected for freezing (An especially long shot, but including for completeness!)

2G Silver from Sweetling

Even Gen Silver or Gold checker from Shadow Walker (any gen)

2G Blue Nebula hatchling (Blue Nebula x Shadow Walker)

3rd Even-Gen Royal Blue x Shadow Walker checker

For Secret Santa, so much pickier than usual.

I will combine as needed (especially for the first three items!), and I can certainly offer more if what I have up for trade doesn't quite strike your fancy. Feel free to PM me.

TELEPORTS

TELEPORT 1

TELEPORT 2

Have

user posted image 3rd gen shimmer from Lucky Hour x Black

Want

user posted imageuser posted image Same gen Prize swap (Non-holiday mate)

user posted imageuser posted image Offers

If I haven't declined your offer either I haven't seen it or I'm still considering it. Thanks

EDIT: Decided to keep it. Thank you for all offers

Edited by artiuslove

Have

user posted image 4th Gen Aquarius the Wind X Harvest *2014*

user posted image 4th gen Vivencia X Winter

user posted image 4th Gen (LUFFY) X Thunder spiral *2014*

user posted image 4th Gen Gilded Ninja X Solstice

Want for all (please PM)

CB Gold (need for secret santa)

3rd Gen Prize

2nd Gen Spriters Alt

For each

Valentine Mates (pm please)

Same gen Prize swap (will decline lines not interested in)

CB Copper

CB Winter Hatchies

2nd Gen Metal (need to like pairing , but 2nd gen gold from Wintermagi or Mistletoe is Auto)

Offers?? I will decline offers not interested in, and am always open to hatchie offers so feel free to pm

Bronze Tinsel

Make an offer on my eggs/hatchlings!

Silver Tinsel

Bronze Shimmer

Gold Shimmer

Have:

user posted image

Want:

Best offer of (you can mix as you wish):

CB hatchies user posted image (f), user posted image (m&f), user posted image (m)user posted image

user posted image or user posted image 2nd gen from deadline and grave (for this lineage: http://dragcave.net/lineage/okjeQ)

user posted image 3rd gen checker from yulebuck

user posted image 2nd gen from male sunrise and female green copper

user posted image 3rd gen checker from yulebuck

user posted image 3rd gen checker with white snow angel

user posted image 3rd gen checker with white snow angel

user posted image 3rd gen checker with ribbon dancer

user posted image 3rd gen checker with ribbon dancer

user posted image as mate for him

user posted image 3rd gen checker with heartseekers

user posted image 2nd gen from male sunrise

user posted image 2nd gen from male GoN (or 3rd gen avatar checker)

user posted image 3rd gen checker with ribbon dancers

user posted image or user posted image as bloodswap for him (2nd gen hellfire welcome)

user posted image from grave (m) AoD (f) checker

Other offers?

Option in my sig applies

I'll decline dragons related to ones I already have. If you can breed something from this list I can also offer a bloodswap (except for the pink x holly).

Have

user posted image 3rd gen Silver x Wrapping-Wing checker Offer

Need

3 CB Green male hatchlings

3 CB Stone female hatchlings

Anything from this or this list

Have :

user posted imageCb Spessartine (Coast) - Trade Link

user posted imageCB Green Copper - Trade Link

Want :

2nd Gen Gold Metal from the following breed:-

Black Capped Teimarr

Black Tipped

Blue Banded

Brute

Carmine

Cassare

Holly

Falconiform

Fever

Frostbite

Imperial Fleshcrowne

Pyralspite Almandine

Pyralspite Spessartine

Pyralspite Pyrope

Undine

Thanks! smile.gif

P/S : No PM please, just offer on the trade link, thank you.