CatCreature

Lumina Breeding Speculation

Pics thanks to Nyastara: This is what they look like after I bred them to my Turpentines:

user posted image

user posted image

Speculation on how long it will last, if other dragons will produce the same effect, if turps will affect other dragons in such a way, etc.?

~~~~~~~~

Part of their descriptions:

Lumina Dragons received their names from their highly reflective scales, which—at times—seem to glow. They are vain, always strutting about and preening incessantly; if one of their scales has so much as a scratch or a defect, they’ll remove it. Luckily, their scales grow back quickly, and each new growth is more beautiful than the last.

Edit due to Socky combining Nyastara's post with mine.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I just bred all of my luminas with turpentines, and 8 out of 10 pairs made an egg. All of them are now tanned however, even switched places on my scroll. This was neat. xd.png

Oh my. The tanned versions are stunning. I wonder if this is the Lumina's scales reacting to the Turpentine's oil?

Oh my. The tanned versions are stunning. I wonder if this is the Lumina's scales reacting to the Turpentine's oil?

Thinking the same ...

*giggles*

They are losing the color of their scales because of the contact with the turpentine xd.png

..........*DASHES OFF*

And now I have two tanneds! Ehehe hurrhurr hurrrrr. Actually a dragon concept I'm helping out with was just wondering if adult-alts-only was a workable idea, so the timing on this was PERFECT! biggrin.gif

These guys are pretty, although I prefer the shiny whities the most, haha. I wonder if it wears off over time or if they breed to another dragon? xd.png

Got one, too! I love this and hope it stays (also hope there are more color changes out there). So glad I got all the ones I needed right away.

The second I'm off egg-lock (in about ten/twenty minutes), gonna breed some some Lumina and Turpentine and see if I can get a tanned too. It might just be a super rare alt. or something like the Alt. Vine or Alt. Black though, I suppose?

The second I'm off egg-lock (in about ten/twenty minutes), gonna breed some some Lumina and Turpentine and see if I can get a tanned too. It might just be a super rare alt. or something like the Alt. Vine or Alt. Black though, I suppose?

You don't need to keep the eggs to have your luminas change color, although if you don't want to AP dump then I understand X'D

You don't need to keep the eggs to have your luminas change color, although if you don't want to AP dump then I understand X'D

I know, just read through the thread properly. xd.png Though I won't mind having a couple of new Lumina/Turp. eggs

Just bred a pair of Luminas to a pair of Turps & while only one egg was produced, both Luminas are now tanned. Looks like I'll be needing a heckuva lot more Luminas now... I like this new twist!

WHOA. WHAT.

This is like the coolest thing ever ;A;

Just went and bred one of my females, now I have a tanny! I must say, what a beautiful color...

I wonder if it's reset every breeding cycle? Or, if you breed it to a White dragon next, will it change back? Gah, I want to know!

It does say they quickly replace their scales if they're ever dirty/tarnished. I wonder if it's some cute but useless thing like splash, that resets in 24 hours or something? xd.png

Unfounded speculation: If you breed lumina x turpentine and get a lumina egg, would the offspring's color be affected too, like with stripes? Because that would be SO AWESOME!

It does say they quickly replace their scales if they're ever dirty/tarnished. I wonder if it's some cute but useless thing like splash, that resets in 24 hours or something? xd.png

I really hope not. And if there are other colors I'm going to need a whole bunch more!

So far I've tried with a Red, Water, and Horse and didn't get any change.

I really hope not. And if there are other colors I'm going to need a whole bunch more!

So far I've tried with a Red, Water, and Horse and didn't get any change.

I tried my army of luminas and they only change when bred with Turpentine. tongue.gif

I tried my army of luminas and they only change when bred with Turpentine. tongue.gif

I'm going to hope that they're just waiting to be added. wink.gif

I'm going to hope that they're just waiting to be added. wink.gif

Well, it only really makes sense that they'd change when breed to a dragon that was covered in gross stuff, eh? Reds might be fiery and such, but I don't think any other dragon fits the stinky/slimy bill that the Turps do. X'D

Well, it only really makes sense that they'd change when breed to a dragon that was covered in gross stuff, eh? Reds might be fiery and such, but I don't think any other dragon fits the stinky/slimy bill that the Turps do. X'D

Water horses excrete a gelatinous goo while on land...and are also cute as buttons. laugh.gif

They are not tanned =p They have lost their scales because of the turpentine's oils.

Reds might be fiery and such, but I don't think any other dragon fits the stinky/slimy bill that the Turps do. X'D

Waterhorses do. They're covered in gelatinous goo. I'll go see if that does anything interesting. :-)

They are not tanned =p They have lost their scales because of the turpentine's oils.

Do they grow back?

Now I'm afraid that my poor Lumina is traumatized. xd.png

Waterhorses won't do anything as the goo they are covered with isn't harmful like that of the terpentines are. Terpentine is similier to acid after all.