Powered by Invision Power Board

Welcome Guest, Please Read This.
! Welcome to the Dragon Cave Forums! If you aren't sure what to do, here are a list of recommended locations:

Board Rules
Frequently Asked Questions
Edit Your Profile
Search the Forum

Also, please make sure you read the pinned topics in each forum before posting there, as they contain important information. In addition, if you are signed up on the Dragon Cave, please make your account ID (At the end of your scroll link) visible, either in your profile or your signature.

This box will go away on its own once you reach 10 posts.

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Closed TopicStart new topic

> The Hatching Sands, Multi-Game Hatchery
garnetrising
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 10:41 AM
Quote Post

Level 4

Group: Members
Member No.: 50,057

The Hatching Sands

Feature List
  • Self-serve critter submission.
  • Flag adults for removal from the sands.
  • A mine for click sites with currency; adults welcome.
Currently Supported Sites
  • Dragon Cave
  • Dragon Zone
  • Silvadopts
  • Tale of Dragons
Feel free to suggest features. To request that a new game be added to the sands, please contact me via this thread or PM with the site address.

---

Alright, everybody. For all those who love their click sites, there is finally a place where you can add all your critters from all your games into one location. Currently supported games are Tales of Dragons, Silvadopts, and Dragon Cave. If there is another game you play which you'd like to see added to the Hatching Sands, just let me know and I'll look into getting it added to the database as well!

No registration necessary!

To add your critters, just click on the 'Add' link. Then enter the critters code and select the appropriate game. To mark a critter as an adult or dead, simply click the little red 'x' next to their image and they will be properly flagged for removal. <3 Enjoy!

If you are a member of a game, or games, which support currency, there is also a mine - displaying 90 random critters per refresh - available for your use. The mine is set up to also display adults, as it is a mine after all. Games without currency will automatically have their critters filtered out. So no worries about wasted clicks!

This post has been edited by garnetrising on Apr 27 2012, 12:16 PM
PMEmail Poster
Shadowwolf6
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 11:09 AM
Quote Post

Anime!

Member No.: 77,734

I can't add my adoptables/dragons... Add button won't do anything
PMEmail Poster
garnetrising
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 11:27 AM
Quote Post

Level 4

On the add page, are you clicking 'ADD' at the top or the 'Add Critters' button? I've removed the link the the add page from the add page... It should have been a link to the mine page to begin with. See if that helps?
PMEmail Poster
garnetrising
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 12:16 PM
Quote Post

Level 4

Problem resolved. Also, Dragon Zone has been added to the list of supported click sites. <3
PMEmail Poster
predatorfan4ever
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 03:47 PM
Quote Post

Level 9

Member No.: 63,874

I think I'm going to try this out ^^
PMMSN
FlowerOwl
Posted: May 4 2012, 11:24 PM
Quote Post

Level 6

Member No.: 190,884

The 'Add' button wouldn't work for me either, :/
PMEmail Poster
Snowytoshi
Posted: May 5 2012, 06:34 AM
Quote Post

IOUs Accepted and Encouraged

Member No.: 185,593

Both the add and the mine button don't work sad.gif
PMEmail Poster
FlowerOwl
Posted: May 6 2012, 08:51 PM
Quote Post

Level 6

Member No.: 190,884

Oh, now I know why it didn't work. It works on computer, not iPods... you might want to fix that a little. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
Shadowwolf6
Posted: May 8 2012, 11:51 AM
Quote Post

Anime!

It has been fixed, she added another set of buttons down at the bottom... It didn't work for me before so they were added biggrin.gif

Dragon Zone has a currency now, too biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
misslillierose
Posted: May 26 2012, 01:52 PM
Quote Post

Level 4

Member No.: 69,423

Good morning,

I've gone to try out your hatchery (one can never have enough hatcheries!) and discovered the following (this is only feedback, not criticism!):

1) I clicked on an X to remove an adult. It disappeared and I received the message that it had been marked as an adult or dead. I accidentally clicked on an X of a non-adult. It, too, disappeared, and I received the same message. That is rather scary!

2) When I click on the main link, I find the box with 46 creatures with the X next to them (as per above) When I click on "MINE" on the top, I get a page of 600+ creatures with no X next to them, many many of them adults, and clicking on them makes them disappear (but there is a message that I have given them a point of some kind. These are certainly not "mine." What creatures are these?

3) On the above page, on the links on the top, "MINE" has changed to "SANDS." Clicking on "SANDS" brings me back to the first page with 46 creatures. What is the difference between these two pages? I would like to suggest that the functions of all three buttons be explained. There seems to be ample space above the section where the dragons are displayed.

4) By the way, I have to say that I LOVE the color choice. So pleasant on the eyes and the creatures show up wonderfully

5) Layout: I am using Seamonkey and Firefox on a Macintosh. I see no banner or anything above the creature-display area that would identify the site. There are large amounts of space on either side of the display area with nothing in them. All I see are the creatures in the upper display area and some information in the lower area when on the "MINE" page and I click a creature. Am I missing some information?

6) When on the "MINE" page, when I click on a dragon, a DragonZone page appears in the box below to tell me I have given a level-up point. I can scroll down to see more, and I think I get to the bottom of the DZ page. However, I can't see the entire page side to side, and though I can scroll to the bottom of the page, the effect is that it has bled off the page, and in fact, it looks like it passes below the bottom bar of your side before flowing off the end of the page. Would it be possible to move those two boxes up and allow some of the sandy-colored area to the right and left to also border it below before it hits the brown-colored bar that marks the bottom of your page?

7) I tried to find a DC egg or dragon on the "MINE" page to see how those view pages displayed, but I couldn't find a single one, even though there are DC dragons on the "SANDS" page. In the time it has taken me to write this (more than half an hour), the "MINE" page has not refreshed. Is it supposed to? Ah, I have to click the "MINE" button again. Then I get a different selection. I did that for about 10 min, over and over, and never saw a single DC egg or dragon. I spent another 10 min clicking every one on several pages. They were all SilvaAdopts, DragonZone or Tale of Dragons (?) (can't read the entire title there). Still not one DC dragon or egg.

8) On the "SANDS" page, where there are DC dragons and eggs, I have discovered that if I click on the image, the creature disappears and I can see the "view" page in the area below, so that works the same as the "MINE" page, so I am not sure what the difference between those two pages is intended to be.

9) If there is nothing going in those space to the right or left, could the display areas be widened?

Thank you for this new site. I will try an experiment in it soon (when I can catch 6 identical eggs and put them in 6 different sites to compare activity) I hope you do not take my comments as criticism, but rather only as feedback from an annoyingly analytical person. smile.gif

This post has been edited by misslillierose on May 26 2012, 01:53 PM
PMEmail Poster
Shadowwolf6
Posted: May 30 2012, 12:34 PM
Quote Post

Anime!

^^
I can give you a few answers to some of this bits of feedback biggrin.gif

2: That is kinda a click page, any site that has currency will give you the currency if you click something. So that page is for keeping all adults and that, so anyone can click them for more "Money".

3: Basicly the same as above.

7: That's because DC has no currency.

And thats about all I can answer xd.png

Yeah, I was wondering why there are suddenly less creatures on the sands, they've all... dissapeared...
PMEmail Poster
shadysmudge
Posted: Jun 22 2012, 01:59 AM
Quote Post

Level 1

Member No.: 192,534

I've started using the Hatching Sands, it's interesting, but I don't know how many views it actually give the critters. And does anyone know if there's a way to set the page to refresh itself so you can see all the eggs? Or do I just need to continue clicking the refresh button?
Lol thanks.
PMEmail Poster
kiramaru7
Posted: Jul 4 2012, 11:52 AM
Quote Post

Level 5

Member No.: 38,297

I'm wondering if there's a feature to add one's scroll instead of individual dragons. I'm locked more times than not & that's a ton of codes to be looking up all the time. I'm a gold scroll scroll & can have up to 21 critters at a time & often do. Having a scroll feature would make things a lot easier when it comes to adding eggs/hatchies to the site.
PMEmail Poster
Sam13
Posted: Dec 1 2012, 11:46 AM
Quote Post

Level 8

Member No.: 13,471

Would love to use this site, but in my Opera browser the "Add" and "Mine" buttons are not functional.
PMEmail Poster
misslillierose
Posted: Dec 1 2012, 03:31 PM
Quote Post

Level 4

Member No.: 69,423

Not working in Firefox either.
PMEmail Poster
Reidragon
Posted: Jan 18 2013, 05:20 PM
Quote Post

Level 9

Member No.: 51,616

works for me now! Bumping :3
PM
Hanelli
Posted: Jan 19 2013, 04:44 AM
Quote Post

Level 0

Member No.: 199,199

Adding them in manually does take a bit of time but it works.
PMEmail Poster
sparkle10184
Posted: Feb 8 2013, 06:15 PM
Quote Post

Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead.

Member No.: 192,134

At the top, "Add" and "Mine" are not clickable. Are they supposed to be?
PM
Sen6Crow8
Posted: Feb 26 2013, 11:11 PM
Quote Post

Level 2

Member No.: 188,198

Which are the codes that I have to add?
It might be a silly question, but it confuses me a little.
PM
shizuo
Posted: May 15 2013, 06:08 PM
Quote Post

Level 0

Member No.: 194,790

-click spam removed-

This post has been edited by rubyshoes on May 15 2013, 08:56 PM
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Closed TopicStart new topic