Powered by Invision Power Board

Welcome Guest, Please Read This.
! Welcome to the Dragon Cave Forums! If you aren't sure what to do, here are a list of recommended locations:

Board Rules
Frequently Asked Questions
Edit Your Profile
Search the Forum

Also, please make sure you read the pinned topics in each forum before posting there, as they contain important information. In addition, if you are signed up on the Dragon Cave, please make your account ID (At the end of your scroll link) visible, either in your profile or your signature.

This box will go away on its own once you reach 10 posts.

Forum Rules Please read all pinned topics before creating a new topic

Pages: (688) « First ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Tiny Little Questions, Read the FAQ Before Posting
Classycal
Posted: Feb 13 2013, 10:08 AM
Quote Post

Level 8

Group: Members
Member No.: 70,779

from Kaini
I'm not sure whats causing it, but I refreshed a few times and I can see your avatar just fine.

tikigurl, I, on the other hand, cannot see your sig or avatar and I just cleared my cache last week so I don't think that's it on my end.

~~~

Don't know if it's part of the glitchyness from the crash or just Nocturnes being Noctunres, but I just went to do an alternate custom sort and the silly things are floating around the page at full size rather than staying confined to their thumbnails.

Tawanda, I think that happens every time there has been a glitch. I've seen it, too.

~~~
from Acridic
Breed This dragon cannot breed because it has bred recently. Please wait 2 days.

:/ This is the first time I have ever gotten this error, it JUST grew up and its claiming it bred?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/FTWjn dragon in question

Egg Laid on: Feb 08, 2013
Hatched on: Feb 10, 2013
Grew up on: Feb 13, 2013

Ive never seen this before, I have always been able to breed dragons after they have grown up. What gives?

In addition to what Kaini said, it appears that you incubated the egg. You can't breed (regular) eggs till exactly 7 days after the last breeding.

~~~

from cerimonster:
Anyone else able to breed their heartseekers yet? (Also congrats to whoever just picked up my bred eggs >.< Has TJ just forgotten to turn off the breeding again like winter magis, or is this going to become a trend?

Holiday dragons cannot breed twice in one season. I think that they used to be able to do so (or else there was a glitch) because in past years, it has happened. But TJ has said that they can only breed once a season.

~~~

from prpldrgnfr
My Heartseeker that hatched this year is also showing as breedable.

I don't think that's supposed to be possible. It wasn't at Christmas. But if you can breed it, I'd go for it.
PMEmail Poster
fuzzbucket
Posted: Feb 13 2013, 10:42 AM
Quote Post

Last time I looked, I wasn't here.

Member No.: 55,386

QUOTE (Classycal @ Feb 13 2013, 03:08 PM)
I don't think that's supposed to be possible. It wasn't at Christmas. But if you can breed it, I'd go for it.

It was for Winter Mages. That was what was referred to as it being a trend.
PMEmail Poster
Classycal
Posted: Feb 13 2013, 10:58 AM
Quote Post

Level 8

Ah, okay. I didn't even check at Christmas.
PMEmail Poster
cerimonster
Posted: Feb 13 2013, 11:02 AM
Quote Post

Level 7

Member No.: 194,691

Sorry, forgot to mention, but my heart seeker just grew up, and didn't have the block in place, just like the Magis as fuzz said ^.^
PMEmail Poster
dragonpuck
Posted: Feb 13 2013, 11:24 AM
Quote Post

I may be older, but I got to see all the cool bands

Member No.: 13,766

You agree that you will not attempt to "cheat" or bypass any site restrictions in any way. Cheating includes, but is not limited to:

Attempts to force or trick users to click your eggs, hatchlings, or dragons without their consent
  Abuse of any bugs or glitches in the site's code.
    Using browser addons, scripts, or other tools that modify pages on the Dragon Cave site in order to give users of said addons an advantage over other users.

from the TOS, I would advise anyone who has :breedable" heartseakers NOT to do so, since we know it is a coding error

Has TJ been notified???
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
fuzzbucket
Posted: Feb 13 2013, 12:01 PM
Quote Post

I imagine he's seen it by this time. I also imagine that - given that there will be loads of non-forum players who have no idea that this isn't normal and who cannot reasonably be punished for not knowing - he wouldn't penalise anyone by killing off the unexpected eggs - I think he didn't kill the extras at Christmas ?
PMEmail Poster
Classycal
Posted: Feb 13 2013, 01:08 PM
Quote Post

Level 8

QUOTE (fuzzbucket @ Feb 13 2013, 12:01 PM)
I imagine he's seen it by this time. I also imagine that - given that there will be loads of non-forum players who have no idea that this isn't normal and who cannot reasonably be punished for not knowing - he wouldn't penalise anyone by killing off the unexpected eggs - I think he didn't kill the extras at Christmas ?

I also can't imagine that he would penalize anyone for breeding their Heartseekers if they are breedable. When I was a newbie, I got two Sweetlings and one Val 09 during my first Valentine's. Both of those were breedable and I bred them (resulting in more Valentine eggs) when they grew up. I've been told that wasn't supposed to be possible, but I didn't know that. I would have been really upset if I had been "punished". But even long time players could make the mistake of thinking TJ may have done this on purpose (and he may have for that matter). TJ did not "punish" folks who were able to grab more than two of last year's Christmas Dragons. Yes, he took back the extra ones, but he didn't take them all as one might expect from "punishment". Dragonpuck, I think you might be taking that quote from the TOS out of context. I think that is referring to people who purposely misuse the cave like those who multi-scroll or those who use programs (don't know what they are called) to search for and choose eggs from the cave. But for a long time, we all used a glitch when gifting and transferring eggs as we weren't supposed to be able to trade at all, so I suppose you could say that anyone who used that outdated method broke the rules. Of course, TJ did ignore this.
PMEmail Poster
Dolphinsong
Posted: Feb 13 2013, 01:09 PM
Quote Post

Master of Spritelines and proud mother of a new little girl

Member No.: 18,190

The extra chrismas eggs ended up being auto abondanded =)
PMEmail PosterMSN
fuzzbucket
Posted: Feb 13 2013, 01:13 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Dolphinsong @ Feb 13 2013, 06:09 PM)
The extra chrismas eggs ended up being auto abondanded =)

They did ? That is AWFULLY hard on anyone who doesn't come here and didn't know sad.gif
PMEmail Poster
Classycal
Posted: Feb 13 2013, 04:22 PM
Quote Post

Level 8

Fuzzbucket, Dolphinsong is referring to the "extra" Christmas eggs some people were able to pick up - not the two allowed per scroll. Initially in the wee morning hours of Christmas, there was a glitch and people were able to pick up more than two of the Wrapping-Wings. I saw scrolls with up to five Christmas eggs on them. Most folks knew immediately that there was a problem and had picked up too many by just clicking rapidly as we all do when hunting holiday eggs. If they indeed had lost all their Christmas eggs, that would have indeed been very sad. I thought I'd saved screen shots but apparently not.
PMEmail Poster
sunsteps88
Posted: Feb 13 2013, 04:38 PM
Quote Post

Level 6

Member No.: 52,189

Is there a right place to ask for a lost egg back?? Or do I ask here or what o.o

Either way, I did edit my sig for her.
PMEmail Poster
purplehaze
Posted: Feb 13 2013, 04:44 PM
Quote Post

Live, Laugh, Love!

Member No.: 17,743

There really is not any place to post asking for them. Since teleport, the only "lost" eggs are either auto abandoned or accidentally abandoned ones. Perhaps you will be lucky and the person who caught it will see your sig.
PMEmail Poster
fuzzbucket
Posted: Feb 13 2013, 05:10 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Classycal @ Feb 13 2013, 09:22 PM)
Fuzzbucket, Dolphinsong is referring to the "extra" Christmas eggs some people were able to pick up - not the two allowed per scroll. Initially in the wee morning hours of Christmas, there was a glitch and people were able to pick up more than two of the Wrapping-Wings. I saw scrolls with up to five Christmas eggs on them. Most folks knew immediately that there was a problem and had picked up too many by just clicking rapidly as we all do when hunting holiday eggs. If they indeed had lost all their Christmas eggs, that would have indeed been very sad. I thought I'd saved screen shots but apparently not.

As long as it was only over the limit ones that went - fair enough. I missed THAT bit (it all starts when I am asleep !)

What I meant was that several people found they could breed their Winter Mages twice - and that if TJ had taken away those eggs it would have been very hard on those who had no idea it was a glitch. The same seems to be happening with Heartseekers. No-one got to be over the limit on this glitch, just more ended up being gifted and APd.
PMEmail Poster
Sadako
Posted: Feb 13 2013, 05:22 PM
Quote Post

Level 8

Member No.: 49,555

With the winter magi the accidentally-bred babies were made to appear to have two dead parents, to sever the link with the 2nd gen winter magi and to prevent any winter magi showing as 3rd gen until christmas 2013.
PMEmail Poster
fuzzbucket
Posted: Feb 13 2013, 05:25 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Sadako @ Feb 13 2013, 10:22 PM)
With the winter magi the accidentally-bred babies were made to appear to have two dead parents, to sever the link with the 2nd gen winter magi and to prevent any winter magi showing as 3rd gen until christmas 2013.

blink.gif

MY, I am glad I didn't breed twice...
PMEmail Poster
White-Sword-Master
Posted: Feb 13 2013, 09:17 PM
Quote Post

Level 6

Member No.: 46,174

iS V-Day limit 2 or no? If yes, does anyone want to continue this for me? Or can haz it, pm me. http://dragcave.net/lineage/4h5S8

This post has been edited by White-Sword-Master on Feb 13 2013, 09:18 PM
PM
Kaini
Posted: Feb 13 2013, 09:19 PM
Quote Post

Must follow my Directive

Member No.: 57,967

QUOTE (White-Sword-Master @ Feb 13 2013, 08:17 PM)
iS V-Day limit 2 or no? If yes, does anyone want to continue this for me? Or can haz it, pm me. http://dragcave.net/lineage/4h5S8

You can only have two of each type of valentines dragon, yes.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
White-Sword-Master
Posted: Feb 13 2013, 09:24 PM
Quote Post

Level 6

Member No.: 46,174

QUOTE (Kaini @ Feb 13 2013, 07:19 PM)
You can only have two of each type of valentines dragon, yes.

Thanks, no i know why I bite holiday eggs now.... Be prepared, an valentine vampire might be falling in AP if repulsed. I hope not. My goal is Collect a vampire with one Holiday Dragon in it 2nd Gen or 3rd.
PM
Forest
Posted: Feb 13 2013, 10:52 PM
Quote Post

Level 6

Member No.: 59,617

How do you make text suuuuuper tiny? The tiniest I know how to go is when I type [ size=0 ]. Without the spaces obviously...
PMEmail Poster
rubyshoes
Posted: Feb 13 2013, 10:57 PM
Quote Post

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

Group: Site Discussion Moderators
Member No.: 42,061

QUOTE (Forest @ Feb 13 2013, 10:52 PM)
How do you make text suuuuuper tiny? The tiniest I know how to go is when I type [ size=0 ]. Without the spaces obviously...

-maybe with negative numbers?-

edit: I used a negative number.

This post has been edited by rubyshoes on Feb 13 2013, 10:57 PM
PM
2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: sidmar

Topic OptionsPages: (688) « First ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll