Powered by Invision Power Board

Welcome Guest, Please Read This.
! Welcome to the Dragon Cave Forums! If you aren't sure what to do, here are a list of recommended locations:

Board Rules
Frequently Asked Questions
Edit Your Profile
Search the Forum

Also, please make sure you read the pinned topics in each forum before posting there, as they contain important information. In addition, if you are signed up on the Dragon Cave, please make your account ID (At the end of your scroll link) visible, either in your profile or your signature.

This box will go away on its own once you reach 10 posts.

Forum Rules Please read all pinned topics before creating a new topic

Pages: (591) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Tiny Little Questions, Read the FAQ Before Posting
Pokemonfan13
  Posted: Jan 2 2010, 04:02 PM
Quote Post

Frying pan kitty likes toasty paws

Group: Help Moderators
Member No.: 1,214

FAQ -> http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=48

This thread is not cleaned regularly. Feel free to bookmark responses.

Questions can be missed or can be something that isn't easily answered and so is skipped. If your question isn't answered feel free to ask it again, but if it isn't answered twice make a topic for it so more people will see it and you'll be more likely to find someone who knows the answer.
PMUsers WebsiteMSN
Dawnfur
Posted: Feb 10 2013, 03:38 AM
Quote Post

Level 5

Group: Members
Member No.: 197,679

Tiny little question. What's the difference between a wyvern and a typical western dragon?
PM
tridymite
Posted: Feb 10 2013, 05:48 AM
Quote Post

Level 9

Member No.: 37,414

QUOTE (Dawnfur @ Feb 10 2013, 09:38 AM)
Tiny little question. What's the difference between a wyvern and a typical western dragon?

Wyvern 1 arm pair with wings and 1 pair of legs

western: 1 pair of wings and 1 pair of arms and a pair of legs

edit: to add legs

This post has been edited by tridymite on Feb 10 2013, 05:58 AM
PM
cfmtfm
Posted: Feb 10 2013, 06:14 AM
Quote Post

Your probably-not-local socially awkward, Split-loving llama

Member No.: 118,925

QUOTE (Dawnfur @ Feb 10 2013, 08:38 AM)

What tridy said, but you can also look here to see the other types of dragons. smile.gif
PMEmail PosterMSN
raindear
Posted: Feb 10 2013, 10:58 AM
Quote Post

Just call me "Auntie Raine"

Member No.: 20,743

The last time I described dragons, there was a character counter-- wasn't there? I sure thought I remembered one, but when I tried to use it to see if a description was too long, it seems to have disappeared. What happened? Or is my memory going weird on me?
PMEmail PosterYahoo
TheGrox
Posted: Feb 10 2013, 11:48 AM
Quote Post

This striped Erica feels moist.

Member No.: 47,421

QUOTE (raindear @ Feb 10 2013, 03:58 PM)
The last time I described dragons, there was a character counter-- wasn't there? I sure thought I remembered one, but when I tried to use it to see if a description was too long, it seems to have disappeared. What happened? Or is my memory going weird on me?

That is strange... There did used to be one, but it appears to have gone. I can't see it either now. ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by TheGrox on Feb 10 2013, 11:49 AM
PMUsers Website
cfmtfm
Posted: Feb 10 2013, 11:52 AM
Quote Post

Your probably-not-local socially awkward, Split-loving llama

Member No.: 118,925

Maybe it was removed due to the Holiday lag? ._.
PMEmail PosterMSN
raindear
Posted: Feb 10 2013, 12:16 PM
Quote Post

Just call me "Auntie Raine"

Member No.: 20,743

All I can say is I'm glad others remember it, too. At my age one always worries about such things.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
XiaoChibi
Posted: Feb 10 2013, 01:38 PM
Quote Post

Level 9

Member No.: 198,206

Erm...what was the first eastern dragon on DC?
PMUsers Website
TwilitProphet
Posted: Feb 10 2013, 02:52 PM
Quote Post

Level 8

Member No.: 82,127

QUOTE (XiaoChibi @ Feb 10 2013, 02:38 PM)
Erm...what was the first eastern dragon on DC?

The silvers were the only eastern dragons in the cave until the shimmer-scales were released.
PM
Mystic_Halo
Posted: Feb 11 2013, 08:07 AM
Quote Post

Level 8

Member No.: 53,421

Hi, I'm having a conversation with another player about holiday eggs in trade and claim links. I don't believe it's in the general FAQ,
Actually, this comes up often in my holiday trading conversations, and I would like to reassure anyone with concerns on this, by having it posted here.

Questions:

1. How long do holiday eggs stay in a transfer link?

2. Can one of your 2 adult Holiday dragons be tossed because you kept an egg in a trade or transfer link.

3. Once an egg hatches from a claim or transfer link, how long do they stay on your scroll?

4. Can you put a hatched holiday egg in a transfer or trade link before the game tosses it?

5. If it is possible to put a hatchling in a trade link, when you have two adult parent holidays, what happens if the hatchlings grow up before they are claimed or the trade is completed?

Thanks, Mystic_halo
PMEmail Poster
PointOfOrigin
Posted: Feb 11 2013, 08:12 AM
Quote Post

I'm baaaaaack!

Member No.: 173,359

QUOTE (Mystic_Halo @ Feb 11 2013, 02:07 PM)
Hi, I'm having a conversation with another player about holiday eggs in trade and claim links. I don't believe it's in the general FAQ,
Actually, this comes up often in my holiday trading conversations, and I would like to reassure anyone with concerns on this, by having it posted here.

Questions:

2. Can one of your 2 adult Holiday dragons be tossed because you kept an egg in a trade or transfer link.

3. Once an egg hatches from a claim or transfer link, how long do they stay on your scroll?

4. Can you put a hatched holiday egg in a transfer or trade link before the game tosses it?

5. If it is possible to put a hatchling in a trade link, when you have two adult parent holidays, what happens if the hatchlings grow up before they are claimed or the trade is completed?

Thanks, Mystic_halo

Holidays stay in a transfer link for almost 24 hours. I belive that TJ set up the autoabandon to ocure five-ten minutes before the time is up, in order to stop the adults from being autoed.
PMEmail Poster
dragonpuck
Posted: Feb 11 2013, 09:38 AM
Quote Post

I may be older, but I got to see all the cool bands

Member No.: 13,766

QUOTE (Mystic_Halo @ Feb 11 2013, 06:07 AM)

Questions:

Thanks, Mystic_halo

If you have two adults, eggs will not stay on your scroll long enough to hatch.
You will not be able to accept a trade/transfer with an egg or hatchling if you already have your holiday limit.

I don't understand question # 3 as if you are at your limit you won't be able to hold an egg until it hatches--- unless one of your adults autos ( hopefully TJ DID fix that )
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Lilly
Posted: Feb 11 2013, 01:06 PM
Quote Post

Level 3

Member No.: 194,675

I think I encountered a bug o.o
My brother had an egg that was about to die but was incubated, so he gave me a teleport link and I accepted. For some reason it landed dead on my scroll. It should have said the link was expired if it was dead already or not die at all because it would gain a day when being teleported. But this is really werid.

(I guess you know what kind of egg that would make sense with.. xd.png)

Edit: Also the cave is extremely laggy atm, to the point it doesn't load at all or gives the weird layout where it's all white and text. Anyone else having that?

This post has been edited by Lilly on Feb 11 2013, 01:08 PM
PMEmail Poster
SolarCat
Posted: Feb 11 2013, 01:09 PM
Quote Post

Me

Member No.: 3,919

Any suggestions on how to connect to IRC on an Andriod phone?
I've tried two different programs (AndroIRC and Simple Irc) and put in the channels and ports it says to use on the official IRC thread, but all I get is "Connection Error."

Server Address: proton.irc.technozoid.com (Also tried "secure.irc.technozoid.com")
Default Port: 6667

Not really sure what my error is here, so I'm hoping someone can help.
PM
fuzzbucket
Posted: Feb 11 2013, 01:17 PM
Quote Post

Last time I looked, I wasn't here.

Member No.: 55,386

QUOTE (SolarCat @ Feb 11 2013, 06:09 PM)
Any suggestions on how to connect to IRC on an Andriod phone?
I've tried two different programs (AndroIRC and Simple Irc) and put in the channels and ports it says to use on the official IRC thread, but all I get is "Connection Error."

Server Address: proton.irc.technozoid.com (Also tried "secure.irc.technozoid.com")
Default Port: 6667

Not really sure what my error is here, so I'm hoping someone can help.

There's a thread smile.gif

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...view=getnewpost

MIGHT help.... I know nothing of Androids, mind...
PMEmail Poster
SolarCat
Posted: Feb 11 2013, 01:24 PM
Quote Post

Me

QUOTE (fuzzbucket @ Feb 11 2013, 01:17 PM)
There's a thread smile.gif

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...view=getnewpost

MIGHT help.... I know nothing of Androids, mind...

I tried "Technoserv.irc.technoized.com" from that thread as well. Still no luck. sad.gif
PM
arlymaye
Posted: Feb 11 2013, 01:33 PM
Quote Post

CATNIP - The LEGAL High! I take CATNIP I.O.U =^.^=

Member No.: 16,528

QUOTE (SolarCat @ Feb 11 2013, 01:24 PM)
I tried "Technoserv.irc.technoized.com" from that thread as well. Still no luck. sad.gif

@SolarCat

You don't need an IRC app. Use your browser and head to mibbit.

http://chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.technoi...=%23dragonlotto

Hope this helps!
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
SolarCat
Posted: Feb 11 2013, 01:42 PM
Quote Post

Me

QUOTE (arlymaye @ Feb 11 2013, 01:33 PM)
@SolarCat

You don't need an IRC app. Use your browser and head to mibbit.

http://chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.technoi...=%23dragonlotto

Hope this helps!

Not really...

Using mibbits on my Android Phone results in me having to zoom the page in all the time, the screen jumps around, I have a hard time keeping the cursor in the right spot, and it's not really friendly. I'd rather just not use it at all if that's my only option.

EDIT: Just realized you must think I have a tablet. No, it's a Droid 4G LTE phone, I don't really have much screen space for something that doesn't have a mobile version but refreshes itself frequently. It put my username as mrx_Sol7arC13at and wouldn't let me pick the technozoid server from the drop down.

I'm on the forum on a computer right now but the times I'd use the chat I'm less likely to be on a computer and more likely to be on my phone.

Thanks anyway. I guess chat isn't really mobile-friendly and I'll just stay a forum-only person.

This post has been edited by SolarCat on Feb 11 2013, 01:46 PM
PM
arlymaye
Posted: Feb 11 2013, 01:48 PM
Quote Post

CATNIP - The LEGAL High! I take CATNIP I.O.U =^.^=

Member No.: 16,528

I use mibbit on my android phone (SG S3) and have no other IRC program on it. I rarely go to IRC with my phone but I figure, if it is just a one time thing for today's special occasion, just bear with it? Sorry can't be of much help.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (591) [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll