Powered by Invision Power Board

Welcome Guest, Please Read This.
! Welcome to the Dragon Cave Forums! If you aren't sure what to do, here are a list of recommended locations:

Board Rules
Frequently Asked Questions
Edit Your Profile
Search the Forum

Also, please make sure you read the pinned topics in each forum before posting there, as they contain important information. In addition, if you are signed up on the Dragon Cave, please make your account ID (At the end of your scroll link) visible, either in your profile or your signature.

This box will go away on its own once you reach 10 posts.

Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Some type of Favor or Loyalty?
Ellithain
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 01:50 AM
Quote Post

Level 2

Group: Members
Member No.: 189,649

Okay so I've only been playing a few days... so take what I say with a grain of salt... but I think a Favor or Loyalty addition would be cool. Say you get on every day and click on your dragon's page you gain like a favor or loyalty point or percentage and with a higher number of points or percentage your chances of the dragon producing an egg or succeeding at an ability goes up? I'm not sure just a suggestion to make it more realistic... I have a Nilia Pygmy Hatchie and the description of the adult on the Wikia talks about it being difficult to gain a Nilia Pygmy's trust but once it's gained it is fiercely loyal and I just thought why would just hatching it make it loyal to me? I'm not sure... anyone else have any opinions on the subject or better suggestions for rewards for such loyalty points?
PMEmail Poster
lightningsky
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 01:58 AM
Quote Post

Level 7

Member No.: 67,081

i'm sorry but i don't like this "loyalty point" idea. some people don't have the time to sign on everyday and i think it would unfair to them. especially if some people play DC because of how loose the gameplay is (you don't really have to sign in everyday to care for your eggs). :>

as for the trust and the nilia thing; it takes a few days to hatch an egg or raise a hatchling to an adult in our time, but it's years in DC time. i think that allows enough time for a dragon to trust its owner. smile.gif
PM
sharlykng
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 02:00 AM
Quote Post

Compounding medication and dispensing drugs...

Member No.: 54,127

It seems like some voting system to me :/ And as lightning says, it'd be unfair to those who can't devote their time to DC daily. Besides, there's already the Fertility BSA to increase the breeding chance.
PMEmail Poster
SockPuppet Strangler
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 02:05 AM
Quote Post

Wednesday has been canceled due to a scheduling potato.

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 7,406

I like this game because of the more relaxed style. I can really play at my own pace. I wouldn't like some sort of loyalty point system. I'm pretty happy with how we are now. :3
PMEmail Poster
Ellithain
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 02:21 AM
Quote Post

Level 2

wow, well okay... just a thought. thanks for your feed back! I was just trying to find a way to make the game more... engaging... other than just checking back now and then and seeing "oh yay my hatchlings grew up" perhaps a attendance reward wasn't the way to go but I think your missing out on a much larger gaming audience who want to DO something with their dragons adventure or fight feel like those dragons are really their awesome fire breathing buddies. I know that I like the RPing aspects and I honestly don't have an issue with how the game is now. but this is a forum about ways to improve and I know many friends that I have tried to turn onto DC that find it for lack of a better word "boring" and perhaps that's just the current generation of gamers. I obviously didn't want to bring up the adventuring or fighting simply because that would be hard to and take forever to program and it might take away from the RPing aspect of DC. But i'm just trying to think of simple little things that might make the game more something that you could waste an hour or two playing around on.
PMEmail Poster
SockPuppet Strangler
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 02:27 AM
Quote Post

Wednesday has been canceled due to a scheduling potato.

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 7,406

Personally I prefer things that are more optional (ie, you don't really get perks for them) for this game. You might be interested in some of them too? If so, here are some popular ones:
Hoarding: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=684
Explore: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=125397
Search: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=5627
Battling: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=76478
Race: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=126416

But of course, you've only received feedback from a few users. There may be some more out there who do indeed want this. :3
PMEmail Poster
Ellithain
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 02:34 AM
Quote Post

Level 2

wow now I feel dumb. lol xd.png there is an exploring and stuff... well as I said newbie.. thanks for clearing that up SockPuppet and I will mention this to my friends my guess is that they skipped over it as well and didn't see the other things you can do. well my day of making myself look like a moron on the forums is over. Thanks again!
PMEmail Poster
DarkEternity
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 03:35 AM
Quote Post

Nobody No-one

Member No.: 59,512

There's a bit of a problem here for people like me... when we have 500+ dragons it's kinda difficult to get onto all their pages :c
PMEmail Poster
Ellithain
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 03:55 AM
Quote Post

Level 2

very true.. I hadn't thought of accumulating such a large number of dragons and how that would effect it. hmm well as I said just a suggestion and what I said previously obviously wouldn't have to be set in stone. Could be just visit your scroll or something... That was just 5 minutes of frantically writing down my idea by no means something that I believe would work perfectly. As I have already been informed it could be seen as a negative for people who don't get on every day and yes I could see where that would turn people off of it (I hate stupid facebook games that do that stuff) although I said everyday, by no means would I have said no to someone amending that with their own opinion of what might work such as weekly or whatever. That also goes for the increase to egg chances, I know fertility already does that, I was thinking of an increase for people who may not have fertility or are on cool down or maybe not at all lol I was looking for things that would act as a reward and that was one the first things that popped into my head. that's why I asked for opinions and suggestions about the reward and over all idea. I'm not sure... perhaps they are not rewarded for getting on... idk I just think that "bonding" with the dragons through some sort of system would be more realistic (and possibly fun) than boom your dragon hatched and although it goes against it's stated nature it loves you just for you hatching it... What I'm saying is that it wouldn't necessarily have to be an attendance thing that was once again just the first way of "bonding" that I could think of. If others like the "bonding" idea and think they have a better means of putting it into practice then I am all ears smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
olympe
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 04:05 AM
Quote Post

IOU Trader

Member No.: 49,835

You know, you already do get perks for repeating actions regularly, although these 'perks' are much more subtle than what you proposed. Like breeding (once a week): The more often you breed, the more eggs you get from your dragons. Or splashing (goldfish/shallow water BSA): After about 100 splashes, you get a badge.

Also, not taking care of your growing dragons properly may result in them dying, either from running out of time or getting too many views too quick.
PMEmail Poster
Ellithain
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 04:14 AM
Quote Post

Level 2

Very true, but I think what the others were arguing was that those things as you said are much more subtle and you don't really NEED to do them. Taking care of your growing dragons is one thing but so far I have had no issues with either sickness or lack of views (newbie tho) so for me those things aren't too pressing either that I wouldn't be able to miss a day. So in conclusion, yes I understand and am hearing what the other people have been saying about my idea. I just really think that "bonding" could be a fun idea to play around with even if it's not an attendance sort of thing. If anyone has any ideas about "bonding" perhaps not attendance but through something better please bring them up I would love to hear your opinion! I will keep it in mind too and try to come up with something wink.gif
PMEmail Poster
Dragonsoulj
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 09:41 PM
Quote Post

Level 2

Member No.: 189,665

For those with several dragons, there could be an option for designating a select group.

As for the whole idea, it would possibly work better to gain points for the actual support you can get for your dragons (clicks/views). You don't have to be active yourself, but having them out there and having them receive clicks gains you a bonus depending on how close you are to too much. For example, say if you go over 200 views a day (just an example) then your dragon becomes sick (I believe there was something about too many views). If you can get close to your maximum, 200, then you get more points per day for something (the loyalty or favor) than if you only had, say, 20. This wouldn't depend on how active a day you are.

It's a thought. I don't know how I necessarily feel about it, but that could be another way to use the idea.
PMEmail Poster
Ashywolf
Posted: Apr 9 2012, 08:21 PM
Quote Post

Ohai TJ09

Member No.: 65,661

I previously had an idea for a dragon BSA which was like Splash as in you click it every day and eventually you get a "reaction".

I could cope with some extra grinding but as others have said it isn't as casual as DC typically tends to be (though catching CB metallics are hardly casual are they?)
PM
god_matter
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 02:36 AM
Quote Post

Level 5

Member No.: 59,222

QUOTE (Ashywolf @ Apr 9 2012, 07:21 PM)
(though catching CB metallics are hardly casual are they?)

It is if you just get lucky or trade for one, instead of camping out. Not everyone has time for that, or the speed to nab one even if they did. :\

I really don't like the idea of some kind of favor/loyalty thing...
PM
Fengari
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 09:10 AM
Quote Post

Level 7

Member No.: 68,256

I think the problem with your original suggestion was the perk thing. So how can you have some incentive to log in every day without giving out rewards?

It could be by a 'bond rating' for example. Say an adult dragon gets 5 bonding points for every day you go to its page or actions page, and loses 1 point for every day you don't. The rating gets displayed on the dragon's page and the scroll (it could maybe replace the V/UV/C stats there, which are actually totally unnecessary for adults?).
No perks for having a high rating, but it would give something to do for people who want more to do, without giving an advantage over people who can't be bothered to click all their dragons. Personally I think it would be fun to see which of my dragons I have the best 'bond' with without (probably my reds because I breed them as well as use them for incubates).
As for the 'problem' of people with loads of dragons not having the time to click them all: I think it's logical if you have 2000 dragon, that you can't have a great personal relationship with all of them. As there's no perk aside from the high number I don't think that is a problem. You could keep up the rating of your favorite dragons.
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topic