Powered by Invision Power Board

Welcome Guest, Please Read This.
! Welcome to the Dragon Cave Forums! If you aren't sure what to do, here are a list of recommended locations:

Board Rules
Frequently Asked Questions
Edit Your Profile
Search the Forum

Also, please make sure you read the pinned topics in each forum before posting there, as they contain important information. In addition, if you are signed up on the Dragon Cave, please make your account ID (At the end of your scroll link) visible, either in your profile or your signature.

This box will go away on its own once you reach 10 posts.

Pages: (4) 1 [2] 3 4  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Storage Scrolls, Self-explanatory.
PointOfOrigin
Posted: Apr 2 2012, 01:25 PM
Quote Post

I'm baaaaaack!

Group: Members
Member No.: 173,359

Hmmm. What about this. Scrolls stay the same. Nothing changes on them. Instead, we could just have that option on our account page. Like this:

Account -> Projects-> Lineage 1.
-> Lineage 2.

And so on. It's the same thing as with magi dragons. They are automatically added to their own page. But, here, we would choose where our dragons would be sorted.
PMEmail Poster
angelicdragonpuppy
Posted: Apr 2 2012, 03:46 PM
Quote Post

"My mom says I can't hit girls!" - Jean

Member No.: 7,560

QUOTE (Lythiaren @ Apr 1 2012, 04:22 PM)
I'm just going to leave this here.

This doesn't seem like the same thing at all, though. This person is more interested in having a way to organize the adults once they grow up, not just hide the hatchlings. She needs to keep the adults around to keep her lineage project going, but at the same time doesn't want to have a bajillion dragons of the same breed visible on her scroll.

Anyway--I support this. I support anything that makes scroll organization easier, honestly. Pages are nice, but not quite what I need--what I really want is one big section to display an adult and hatchie of every species, a second section where I can have all my extra dragons, and a third where all the dragons I have yet to name/describe can go. It'd also be super awesome if you could sort a dragon into more than one category (which I believe fits more with this suggestion)--that way I could have my golds sorted out on the pages I want them, AND have a seperate section I could display only my nice-lineaged golds for easy breeding. smile.gif

This post has been edited by angelicdragonpuppy on Apr 2 2012, 03:51 PM
PMEmail Poster
AmyLuthien
Posted: Apr 2 2012, 03:48 PM
Quote Post

Level 4

Member No.: 28,138

Sort of fuzzbucket, except it wouldn't be your whole scroll is a filing cabinet, there would just be an extra drawer, as it were smile.gif

Something like that PointOfOrigin! There are multiple ways the mechanics of it could be coded to work. wink.gif

Exactly angelicdragonpuppy!

This post has been edited by AmyLuthien on Apr 2 2012, 03:49 PM
PMUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
SockPuppet Strangler
Posted: Apr 2 2012, 03:50 PM
Quote Post

Wednesday has been canceled due to a scheduling potato.

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 7,406

QUOTE (cfmtfm @ Apr 2 2012, 09:39 AM)
Is this storage scroll basically a different page where you sort your dragons differently?: Yes, kind of. But it's not just for sorting, as AmyLuthien said it's just a storage where you keep things but are not using or wanting to show them at the moment.
Is it a scroll you can pick up more dragons on (in which case, this is a no, as multi-scrolling is against the Terms and Conditions)?: No, eggs + hatchlings wouldn't be allowed on the storage scroll, I was aware of the multi-scrolling rule. I was thinking of being able to move your dragons and frozen hatchlings in the "Sort" option for your own scroll. You would be able to switch between the two. Let me make a screenshot of what I'd think of, I'll post this before I forget to post anything laugh.gif

Thank you for taking the time to answer and explain. :3

I'll wait for your screenshot, but at the moment, I like the idea of tabs better, as I think that would allow me more organization while also leaving the scroll as is for plain view. But I'd like to see your screenshot. ^^
PMEmail Poster
Lythiaren
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 04:16 AM
Quote Post

Has a magical hand that SHOOTS BEES.

Member No.: 2,756

QUOTE (angelicdragonpuppy @ Apr 2 2012, 12:46 PM)
This doesn't seem like the same thing at all, though. This person is more interested in having a way to organize the adults once they grow up, not just hide the hatchlings. She needs to keep the adults around to keep her lineage project going, but at the same time doesn't want to have a bajillion dragons of the same breed visible on her scroll.

Anyway--I support this. I support anything that makes scroll organization easier, honestly. Pages are nice, but not quite what I need--what I really want is one big section to display an adult and hatchie of every species, a second section where I can have all my extra dragons, and a third where all the dragons I have yet to name/describe can go. It'd also be super awesome if you could sort a dragon into more than one category (which I believe fits more with this suggestion)--that way I could have my golds sorted out on the pages I want them, AND have a seperate section I could display only my nice-lineaged golds for easy breeding. smile.gif

Uh. Did you even bother to look beyond the title of the thread linked? I linked the original daydream Shroud, not TJ's gray one with the temp name. Daydream Shroud was suggested for the sole purpose of putting dragons behind a screen. Including and especially adults, and not for the narrow purpose of lineage organization, it was to allow people to gather masses of reds/pinks/magi/inbreds/duplicates/special stuff/anything and have a place to keep them without having them clutter up the scroll.

Which, as you've so clearly stated, is exactly what this thread is suggesting.

This post has been edited by Lythiaren on Apr 3 2012, 04:27 AM
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
AmyLuthien
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 04:20 AM
Quote Post

Level 4

QUOTE (Lythiaren @ Apr 3 2012, 02:16 AM)
Uh. Did you even bother to look beyond the title of the thread linked? I linked the original Daydream Shroud. Which was suggested to do exactly what this suggestion is asking.

Not at all. This is an inventory, not a BSA. wink.gif
PMUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
Lythiaren
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 04:20 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (AmyLuthien @ Apr 3 2012, 01:20 AM)
Not at all.  This is an inventory, not a BSA.  wink.gif

It serves the exact same purpose. Same product, different packaging.

This post has been edited by Lythiaren on Apr 3 2012, 04:26 AM
stogucheme
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 04:34 AM
Quote Post

Level 9

Member No.: 72,765

QUOTE (Lythiaren @ Apr 3 2012, 03:20 AM)

From the phrasing, it seems it hides the dragons from other users, whereas this hides them period. Am I incorrect?
PMUsers Website
Lythiaren
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 04:36 AM
Quote Post

Shroud shoves dragons within it into a separate "box" that must be clicked to be seen. To prevent scamming, hidden dragons should be accessible by any and all users, all Shroud does is place an extra click in between and it takes all those duplicates and whatever else you want to squirrel away, and takes them out of immediate sight.

Which is why I linked it here in the first place, but apparently duplicate thread titles means all relevance automatically goes out the window.

This post has been edited by Lythiaren on Apr 3 2012, 04:49 AM
cfmtfm
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 10:14 AM
Quote Post

Your probably-not-local socially awkward, Split-loving llama

Member No.: 118,925

@fuzzbucket: Yes, pretty much so. And thanks AmyL for pointing that out, exactly what I was going to say ><"

@PointOfOrigin: Exactly what @angelicdragonpuppy said happy.gif

@Lythiaren: I believe I did say:
The storage account would be visible but under the name "storage_insert-username-here".

@SockPuppet Strangler: Glad to help happy.gif I'm so sorry, I COMPLETELY forgot to do the screenie ><" Really sorry for the wait. First thing I do after this post is send a few emails then do the screen. Sorry again! *writes on hand*
PMEmail PosterMSN
Lythiaren
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 11:51 AM
Quote Post

Your point being...? Would you like me to take back what I said and say that you should make all your hidden dragons inaccessible to outside eyes?
Kila
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 12:16 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of Mayhem

Group: Inactive Moderator
Member No.: 2,294

QUOTE (Lythiaren @ Apr 3 2012, 04:20 AM)

Quoting Lyth because TRUFAX.

This feature and Shroud are the same thing. One's just a BSA to make the Daydream more desirable.

Shroud has lots of pros, but for the purpose of this thread I'm only listing the biggest two.

1. Shroud creates a neat little storage box where you can store your dragons/hatchlings/whatever else while having some actual tie-in to the game. Unlike this suggestion, which is kind of like a PC in pokemon (pokemon PCs have an actual tie-in to that game as well, might I add).

2. Shroud makes a breed more desirable. And since Daydreams can be blockers sometimes making them more desirable is a good thing.

So let's have some continuity within the game over some storage scroll, please. I like the idea, don't get me wrong. I just like it as Shroud.

And because I can see this coming from a mile away, I'm going to tackle this question now.

"But what about the people who don't want to collect/don't have any Daydreams?"

For newbies, they're not likely going to have enough dragons to want/need to store them. There's also newbie gifting, trading, etc.

As for those who don't want to collect Daydreams, to them I say tough bananas. It's like any BSA. It enhances the game without making it unplayable for everyone else. If they don't want to collect Daydreams for Shroud they can find another way of sorting their dragons or, hell, try naming them. Names tend to help people remember who goes with what. Be smarter than the game, and all that jazz.

They're making a conscious choice to abstain from collecting dragons that would undoubtedly help them. That's their choice, and they can't complain about it. Otherwise bite the bullet, rip the bandaid off and, gasp, collect Daydreams.

It might be harsh, but welcome to life in the big city.
PMEmail Poster
herk
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 05:12 PM
Quote Post

I'm living in a world of goldfish

Member No.: 54,081

I just looked at the shroud and the tabs idea and I would say the tabs are closer than shroud for what is wanted here.

- I mean sure shroud does hide the dragons (other than the tabs) but as far as I see this is about organizing lineages and stuff. What use is the shroud when I want sort ALL the dragons for breeding project 1 in a place and ALL the dragons for project 2 in another, there will probably be more than 16 (15) dragons involved in most projects. I think it would be a real censorkip.gif to try to find one grey dragon in 6 shrouds of grey dragons.

Yes, BSA's are cool but I don't think it would fullfill the same function as storage scrolls or tabs.

This post has been edited by herk on Apr 3 2012, 05:15 PM
PMEmail Poster
AmyLuthien
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 05:32 PM
Quote Post

Level 4

QUOTE (Lythiaren @ Apr 3 2012, 09:51 AM)
Your point being...? Would you like me to take back what I said and say that you should make all your hidden dragons inaccessible to outside eyes?

No need for hostility wink.gif It is completely unnecessary for this particular topic biggrin.gif I'm not sure why you're feeling threatened or why the need to act this way? Did we offend you? If so, I do apologize! It was not intended. We're merely discussing ways to make game play a little more user friendly. I'm sorry if you didn't like it.

But that being said, an inventory as proposed would be there ALL of the time, for use whenever the player needed it. BSA's however are dependent on how many dragons you have of that particular species, and then there is a cool-down to contend with as well.
PMUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
cfmtfm
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 01:36 AM
Quote Post

@Lythiaren: Well, another difference then. By storage I meant things that you don't want to put on your public scroll but still actually make it able to actually see it.

@Kila: 1. You said "store", and this is storing. Note the "storage" in "storage scrolls". Shroud is similar to hiding eggs/hatchlings if shrouding eggs/hatchings will be implemented with the BSA. Okay, the adult shrouding doesn't have a Hide feature. But storage scrolls won't allow eggs/unfrozen hatchlings because of the multi-scrolling idea. You'd just be able to put your adults/frozen hatchlings on your storage scroll. They'd still be visible but not on your public scroll.

@herk: Precisely, thanks for your comment happy.gif I'm not saying I don't want Shroud, in fact I actually like it smile.gif But as with everything, there are dis-and-advantages.

@SockPuppet Strangler: Okay, writing on my hand didn't work. Just got washed off and whilst I was eating I looked at the note and was like *blink blink*.
Anyway, assuming the storage scroll settings would be in "Change Sort Order"...
I've put the screenshot links in the first post for all to see happy.gif Sorry it took so long.
PMEmail PosterMSN
BlazingPhoenix
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 02:34 AM
Quote Post

Level 7

Member No.: 188,909

Sooo... This is kinda like having different groups that you create that are in your scroll for different types of dragons, lineages, eggs and hatchies?
PM
cfmtfm
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 04:23 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (BlazingPhoenix @ Apr 5 2012, 08:34 AM)
Sooo... This is kinda like having different groups that you create that are in your scroll for different types of dragons, lineages, eggs and hatchies?

Yes. But this is STORING, so it's not "your" scroll [that's the public scroll], it's the storage scroll. Eggs and unfrozen hatchlings won't be able to be sent to the storage [for multi-scrolling reasons].
PMEmail PosterMSN
KittyT
Posted: Apr 6 2012, 02:52 AM
Quote Post

Level 2

Member No.: 181,346

Well I support this: I just want a way to sort my scroll out lol! Not that it's messy, but...
PMEmail Poster
fuzzbucket
Posted: Apr 6 2012, 04:12 AM
Quote Post

Last time I looked, I wasn't here.

Member No.: 55,386

I'd like it - BUT - only if it were only visible to ME that way. I don't think others should see my scroll that way. (After all, it doesn't matter to THEM what order my dragons are in !) I'd love to be able to put all my greys in a drawer on their own, and my seasonals....

Either a scroll should be totally hidden from others as it can be now, or fully visible.

I don't support this as a BSA though - sorry Lyth - not for any of the reasons stated above, just because - well, I don't think the filing cabinets in my home should depend on my having made enough coffee, either. This is just a storage thing. Kind of permanent - what would you do about cooldowns and so on - would they all unsort after three weeks ? Otherwise you'd only need one daydream EVER....
PMEmail Poster
cfmtfm
Posted: Apr 6 2012, 04:23 AM
Quote Post

@KittyT: Thanks so much for your support happy.gif

@fuzzbucket: Thanks happy.gif Yeah, I was thinking of having an option to make your storage visible IF you wanted but I just got so tired and really could not be bothered to do another screenie, but I can if more people agree with this idea. Then I can "expand" it further.
PMEmail PosterMSN
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (4) 1 [2] 3 4  Reply to this topicStart new topic